My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

King The Silent Speaker, the Royal Scribe has put forth another
Vote Count
for your organizational needs. He adds that the suspicions are listed alphabetically and not chronologically.

Twomz still carries the Royal Finger of Suspicion.

Alexander: elvis_knits, RandomActs
Ameliaslay: Alexander
broomhead
chamber
elvis_knits: Glork
Fritzler: everyone
Fuldu
Glork: elvis_knits, RandomActs*
mon_s237
mystery meat of doom: everyone
N_lich: Broomhead
petroleumjelly: Broomhead, mystery meat of doom
RandomActs: Alexander, Glork, PetroleumJelly
Thok
Twomz
Vaughn: RandomActs
VitaminR: RandomActs, Twomz
Yosarian2

*post 104... should I count things like this as a vote? What about FoS (since it essentially has the same meaning as a vote in this game)
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:38 am

Post by Alexander »

Unvote elvis_knits
, since it was just an early game random.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:41 am

Post by RandomActs »

Yosarian2 wrote:
RandomActs wrote: But I believe
did
have reason to claim.
Why? Just because the king asked for a quick clarification about something you said?
I can't think of a better reason than that, can you? He asked me a direct question. And I gave a truthful answer. There's no reason for a vanilla townie to lie, especially to someone who can snuff him out at a moment's notice. So yes, I anwered him truthfully. If he believes me, and I hope he does, then he go move on and direct his search for someone who truly is guilty.

Besides, the pro-limits crowd, for whatever reason, is aligning against me. Haven't you noticed? It seems they don't like the message, so they're trying to get the messenger killed. We have no official vote counts to signal when the king may be close to a decision. It's possible he could make a decision at any moment. So if I was a possible suspect in his eyes, I felt it wise to claim.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:46 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

I'd like to comment on the pages of discussion that have sprung up since I last posted, but at the moment I'm just checking in, because that's all I have time to do, but do not fear, I'll weigh in later this evening.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:46 am

Post by Alexander »

Poor little vanilla RandomActs, being turned into a punching bag by the vicious pro-limits crowd. Where are the violins when you need them?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:01 am

Post by RandomActs »

Alexander wrote:????? WTF? Are you seriously suggesting that just by claiming vanilla you have cleared yourself for all eternity? Do you seriously believe it grants you immunity to cop investigation and/or vigging?

Not having to waste an action .... sheeesh
(sigh) Alex, please don't put words in my mouth. I think you'll play this game better if you get over your anger and take more dispassionate look at what is going on.

I never said I cleared myself of anything. I don't expect doctor protection. I don't believe my role is worthy of that. A cop is welcome to investigate me if he/she chooses, but I can assure you now it is a waste of time. Yes, a vig may target me, but again, another wasted night action. That's all I meant.

I understand all claims should be verified. But I choose to verify it to people who will consider what I say rationally. You seem to be indignant at everything I say.

Take a deep breath, Alex. This game is better played with intellect (whether you agree with it or not) than with unbridled emotion.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:17 am

Post by Alexander »

Yes, and intellect dictates we act in a way pretty much the opposite of what you did.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:18 am

Post by Glork »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Glork: elvis_knits, RandomActs*

<snip>

*post 104... should I count things like this as a vote? What about FoS (since it essentially has the same meaning as a vote in this game)
Yes, it counts as a "vote." I just felt like being unorthodoxed. Also,
Unvote: elvis_knits
, as I don't really suspect her of anything.

Alexander wrote:Poor little vanilla RandomActs, being turned into a punching bag by the vicious pro-limits crowd. Where are the violins when you need them?
Calm down, good sir. No need to start slinging mud.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:30 am

Post by N_lich »

vote:RandomActs

I don't like the premature claim.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:34 am

Post by RandomActs »

N_lich wrote:

See post 152. Who can tell if it's premature?
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:47 am

Post by broomhead »

RandomActs wrote: I can't think of a better reason than that, can you? He asked me a direct question. And I gave a truthful answer. There's no reason for a vanilla townie to lie, especially to someone who can snuff him out at a moment's notice. So yes, I anwered him truthfully. If he believes me, and I hope he does, then he go move on and direct his search for someone who truly is guilty.
no offense to TSS, but its not like he's god, he's just king for a day and possible mafia too-boot. the king maker had no info on who to choose for king and had a 25% chance to get a scum(lets all calm down, i used that whole 25% thing as a joke) and if the king just asks you to do something he only has one chance to kill you, and just so you know, if someone is made king, they could just demand a claim out of everyone and give the scum all the info they want. so to wrap up, just because the king asks you to do something, USE COMMON SENCE!
BAMB!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:21 pm

Post by Twomz »

Common Sense, i believe BH.

I'm sorry RA, but regardless of what you may believe, your decision to come forth as Vanilla was a bad one. I don't think you helped the town at all by coming forth. In fact, i'd say you hurt the town. Not enough to send us reeling, but more like a solid punch in the arm.

Furthermore... if i would be classified into a category... i'd concider myself
Pro-Limits/Time
. I don't like the idea of a King who can sit back, and let the town bicker until the game stalls, then come by and say "Kill: ____, to save the game". Also, it would put a halt on Kings being able to run through the whole town and reveal all the roles. The decision of who to kill by definition must be from the towns consent, or else it's suicide. I don't think we'll really have to worry too much about that.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

I don't really agree with RandomActs' claim. Be it premature or not. It seems like purposely entering into WIFOM land.
Unvote: Everyone but RandomActs.

As for the "Kill: ____, to save the game" thing, it is a REALLY scummy thing to do as King. Even if the game is progressing slowly, there should be at least some discussion before just suddenly killing someone.

BTW does anyone know a thread where all the tags are held?
Buy mystery meat.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

RandomActs wrote:
N_lich wrote:

See post 152. Who can tell if it's premature?
Well seeing as we've been talking about how wrong it would be for the king to lynch someone without atleast majority town support, and you didn't have a majority of people voting for you...yes, it was premature.

It's often good to let a bandwagon build so that we can see who jumped on and who didn't.

And I will jump on.
unvote glork; vote random acts

Claiming this early really makes you look like paranoid scum. A townie shouldn't be that scared of being lynched.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:38 pm

Post by broomhead »

elvis_knits wrote:Claiming this early really makes you look like paranoid scum. A townie shouldn't be that scared of being lynched.
vote RA

agreed. but i would not have normally voted for him if our votes mattered like they do normally, i know they matter, but not as much.
BAMB!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:48 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Try to act normally...if you can... :P

Seriously though...I think we should act as if our votes really counted.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:55 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Yosarian2 wrote:but if you are a townie, if you are telling the truth, you just increased the odds of scum hitting a power role. .
Twomz wrote: Common Sense, i believe BH.I'm sorry RA, but regardless of what you may believe, your decision to come forth as Vanilla was a bad one. I don't think you helped the town at all by coming forth. In fact, i'd say you hurt the town. Not enough to send us reeling, but more like a solid punch in the arm.
(Insert explative here) Did you people ever stop to think that if you don't believe my claim as town, then the scum might not believe my claim of vanilla? I guess that gambit is blown now, isn't it?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Checking in from a school computer...

Hm, thought I had put a vote on Twomz earlier. In any case, I will now
Unvote: Mystery Meat of Doom
, and
Unvote: Twomz
for the formality. I still like my vote on Broomhead, however, so I will not be removing that one at the moment.

As for Random Acts, he
definitely
should not have claimed. Others have covered this sufficiently, though, so I will not add to the repitition. He's still striking me more as an ambitious townie (which I suppose he is claiming anyhow), so I'll hold my vote on him for now.

For the record, I think this is a good example of why we should have some sort of limits on Kinghood, and why I support a "List of Execution", so you will always
know
when you are in serious danger of being executed, so we do not end up with any more premature claims such as this.

I think TSS mentioned something about me contradicting myself, I'll have to reread those sections to see where he means, because I was certainly not trying to confuse the town, and I would rather those areas be cleared instead of muddied. I'll probably get to that in a couple hours when I have more computer time.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by Thok »

RandomActs wrote:(Insert explative here) Did you people ever stop to think that if you don't believe my claim as town, then the scum might not believe my claim of vanilla? I guess that gambit is blown now, isn't it?
That gambit is almost never good for town; so much so that "Lynch all Liars" is basically considered a given.

Vote RandomActs
, I know you know better than to try this.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:31 pm

Post by RandomActs »

TSS, kill me if you want. You have cover and the town’s blessing, I guess. I can only warn you that it’s a mistake to do so. You find that I died for the simple fact that I told you the truth. But you have the power by your royal discretion to spar me. Should you do so, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

But please, town, do me a favor: Should I be lynched, and when BMQ tells you have lynched a townie, (and mark my words, he will,) don’t let the day go by without grilling Glork, Alexander, and pj on why they bandwagoned an innocent. If my death helps to identify 3 scum, then my life will be well-spent. If I have your assurance that you’ll do that, then I will die a contented townie.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Bah, meeting was cancelled. So.
Random Acts wrote:...don’t let the day go by without grilling Glork, Alexander, and pj on why they bandwagoned an innocent.
What's all this then? I don't believe I've ever voted for you RA, much less "bandwagoned". What I
have
done is disagreed with you on the subject of whether or not the king ought to have limitations, as well as your premature claim you have made (which you are now claiming was a "gambit", which is equally silly). You should be more careful before you say things like that. Although I
am
thinking that placing a vote on you right now isn't all that bad of an idea.

Will now search for said contradiction.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by Fuldu »

RandomActs, your actions today have basically been an outline of how pro-town players shouldn't act. If you're lynched, don't put it off on "Oh, the scum bandwagoned me." You came out of your argument with Alexander looking the worse of the two, you claimed unnecessarily and ill-advisedly, you suggested that it's possible you were claiming vanilla townie as a facade to hide a power role behind, and now you're pleading with the town (or in this case, the king) not to lynch you because all those people pushing for your death must be scum.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

PJ wrote: Hm, thought I had put a vote on Twomz earlier
Just minor, but you did in post 65.
RA wrote:Insert explative here) Did you people ever stop to think that if you don't believe my claim as town, then the scum might not believe my claim of vanilla? I guess that gambit is blown now, isn't it?
I would have to say that one clinches it for me, I was kind of skeptical about you before although wary because you have narrowed down the field for scum, but lying is unnecessary, especially when you make the point about being open and honest to your king.
vote: RandomActs

But I also don't like the nyah nyah reaction from Alexander when RA claimed....

And after elvis's post I'm becoming more disposed toward "wiggle room"
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:09 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

TSS wrote:>petroleumjelly (pro-limits) agreed in principle but added refinements: a king who believes that a player is the Hero should not execute him (pj added that the possible Hero has so claimed); if two people both pass majority, the town should decide on case-by-case which to lynch.
In his next paragraph, he appears to contradict his own second case by saying the town should decide early on whether to have the king kill the first to majority or the most recent, for fear that a scum king will kill the townie lynch candidate rather than the scum lynch candidate, and "preempt such a strategy before the chance arises."
Ah, you are correct that I slightly contradicted myself here, or at least left myself open to contradictory interpretations. It seemed as if I were advocating forced lynches (which I was when this game began, although I have since changed my position after listening to discussion), while allowing for two majorities and then having the town choose between them. This was not an attempt to confuse the town (in fact I would rather you point this out now than later), and as it is, I have changed my stance so that this particular rule would not apply anyways.
TSS further wrote:>>I think that a king who believes a player the Hero should not execute that player even without a claim; indeed, the case of a king who thinks he knows a player's role (and it's pro-town) is one where in my opinion the king's judgment matters and can outweigh the will of a bit over half the town. The reverse does not hold (as a mistaken king cannot unkill) and the king in question will probably (and certainly should) have attempted to sway the town to his point of view, but the king should not blindly bow to the town when they are sabotaging themselves and he knows better.
Likewise, when two people are both suspect, judgment is important. Even where the king is bowing entirely to the whim of the people, they need to exercise judgment in the individual case as to which is the more suspicious of the suspects. The first to majority need not be the beter lynch or vice versa, and a policy which sets one way or the other in stone in advance is in my opionion a mistake.
And the fact that petroleumjelly appears to have contradicted himself between one paragraph and the other is worrying. It suggests he may have been aiming at confusing the town rather than helping it.
All agreed, hence my change in position. Simply so it’s out there, I no longer advocate forced lynches, although I
do
advocate having a List of Execution, from which the King may choose which person to execute, may add/subtract players to that List, and which the town may add to the list by giving one player a majority of votes. This should give the King 2-4 people to choose from each day (in addition to whoever the King wishes to arbitrarily add), so that everybody knows where they stand and has a purpose, and votes will not be considered “meaningless”.

For the record, my new modified “rules” (which I would abide by as King, should such happen) would be (unless there are further problems with them I have yet to foresee):

1.) The King must wait for at least one person to reach a majority before any executions are ordered (so that there is sufficient discussion). When a player does reach a majority, they are placed on the List of Execution.

2.) If any player, at any time, reaches over a majority of votes, they can be placed on the List of Execution. This will give the King the "wiggle room" some people seem to want, while also leaving the options restricted enough that there shouldn't be anything crazy going on. There is no number as to how many people may be on the List of Execution at any time.

3.) Players who have direct (most likely investigative) evidence against them may be placed automatically on the List of Execution, regardless of whether or not they have received over a majority of votes.

4.) Players may be removed from the List of Execution (by the King) if they have direct (most likely investigative or Masonry) evidence to absolve them, or perhaps even a "Hero" claim and the King believes it (or the King believes said person to be the Hero even without a claim).

5.) If the King feels a particular person is scummy (but has no investigative evidence against them [or does have investigative evidence but does not wish to reveal such information], and that person is, for whatever reason, not on the List of Execution) the King may formally announce to the town that s/he is moving that person to The List of Execution, and allow the town to have further discussion (as such a move should obviously create). This allows for the King to have greater autonomy, but makes certain that King will not just randomly execute people without at least some open discussion from the town.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by broomhead »

i am happy with having those rules and trying to apply them to all kings in the future but only if we apply a vote and everyone agrees. and just so you all know, i still like having no rules and would probably vote that way, but i am also fine with these.

a question to all players: has anyone here ever played a kingmaker game like this? and if so, were rules applied to the kings, and what were some other things about the game, like how many mafia and what kind of power roles do we have?

note to mod:
i don't know if this would be too much trouble, but could the votes be tallied in the other order, IE: 33 votes for broomhead (frank, bob, sally, Bruce, lee, Steven, rocky, sylvester, kick-ass Mcagee, ect.) instead of showing the people and who their voting for.
BAMB!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”