Fate
:HAPPY:
:HAPPY:

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Fate »

Zodiac Archetypes de Jour:
Archetype of Neptune (Pisces):
ABYSS OF CHAOS

How was the world formed and what is its source? The mythologies of all cultures, as well as the Bible, considered primordial Chaos as the cradle of the Universe. Chaos represents the state of matter existing beyond conventional imagination, which conceals an inherent threat to the very existence of the world as we know it, and so becomes principally unfathomable. But each person internally harbors a representation of that initial state. This representation also exists in the world of the ancients: Chaos is traditionally depicted as a dark ABYSS filled with water. It is indeterminate, dense, and has no shape. Its substantial characteristic is the absence of free space, and this coincides with the modern representation of the Universe, expanding from a superdense point - out of 'emptiness'. The word 'chaos' means 'gaping emptiness'; `shunyata' in India has the same meaning: emptiness giving birth all the beings. In the mythology of ancient China, the primary watery chaos, a complete darkness reminescent of the mixed content of a hen's egg, was called Huntun, a conception that was transformed into a god possessing the features of primary indivisibility.

So the world arose from Chaos and Life was born in the waters. Human perception doesn't separate these representations. The very appearance of both world and life is fundamentally incomprehensible. The associated myths introduce to us the image of the Great Mother-Sea, the world that was borne by her is depicted as alive. According to the principle:'as in the beginning, so at the end', the image of sea itself joins birth and death. Everything that appeared from the primary chaos will return to it, so the ocean is associated not only with killer storms and earthquakes brought on by changing of cosmic rhythms, but with the threat to existence itself. The Accadian great mother Tiamat ('sea') manifests herself as a monstrous hydra with seven heads, who was conquered by her descendent Marduk, who created the world from elements of her body. In this passive function chaos may be considered to be the material of creation.

Compared with vague Chaos, definite Cosmos represents a deviation from primary undifferentiated wholeness; the Sea gods resent this order and stand against it. The destructive role of the Sea gods makes them rebels, and forces their expulsion during periods of formation of new divine pantheons under the leadership of the God of Thunder. Thus the Semitic Yammu ('sea') struggles against Balu, the leader of the pantheon, for a return the primordial way of things under his omnipotence, so also does the Greek Neptune, but they are defeated.

Retired from their former power all throughout the Universe, the Sea gods occupy a peripheral position (Greek Oceanus, Egyptian Nun), that correlates with the idea of their wretchedness, weakness, victimization, the general depiction as the youngest member of the family (Neptune whose name means 'nephew'). The most characteristic example is the Indo-european myth about Trita (the 'third' brother, etymologically connected with Greek Triton) who was thrown into a well by his older brothers. Here the well is associated with primordial denseness and the absence of space and with the primary waters where the universal source of fertility is hidden. That reveals to us the sense of Pisces' sacrifice: Pisceans decline participation in manifested and ordered existence (cosmos), so as to remain intouch with something beyond Being, with the secret omnipotence of Chaos, to find in the very depths of existence the sources of eternity.

The composite images of the watery abyss and it's secrets, the mothering bosom of the sea from whence life arose, the destructive forces of chaos and self-sacrifice which establish the connection between life and eternity, all reflect an archetype of planet Neptune, which rules the sign of Pisces. Regarding the mythologema from the historical point of view, the representation of chaos or deluge correlates with the cataclysms that provoked glacial melting and other natural processes, which pushed the humanity out of former territories and created the impulse to develop the defensive powers of mind.

The arising of the rational, spiritual force in mankind still remains an enigma for us. There was a whole stage in the history of humanity, called by the Australian aborigines 'the time of dreams', when mind was asleep and saw the outer world through the haze of unconscious processes. Is reason hidden in the depths of the soul, or on the contrary, was there thought initially, which then decorated itself with a plentitude of feelings? - The depth of the soul is hidden by mystery; Neptune rules there, and for this planet all things are vague and relative. Within the archetype of Neptune there is no such differentiation between the mind and the soul which are united initially, being the same as life itself.

Vote Count:

camntsuki-Sagitarrius: To Unify (3) zMuffinMan, thepixiecollective, MariaR
zMuffinMan- Virgo: To Serve (0)
Kokichi Oma- Gemini: To Listen (4) DrippingGoofBall, Dunnstral, camntsuki, Staeg
MariaR- Aquarius: To Liberate (0)
AnonymousGhost- Scorpio: To Transform (0)
thepixiecollective- Cancer: To Nourish (0)
DrippingGoofBall- Libra: To Balance (0)
Espeonage-Gemini: To Listen (1) Lady Lambdadelta
Kuribo- Gemini: To Listen (1) AnonymousGhost
Feysal- Virgo: To Serve (0)
Nachomamma8- Pisces: To Let Go (0)
Staeg- Aquarius: To Liberate (2) Espeonage, MariaR
LadyLambdadelta- Taurus: To Produce (0)
Dunnstral- Cancer: To Nourish (0)

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Feysal, Kuribo, Kokichi Oma

With 13 alive it takes 7 to obliterate someone.

Deadline: July 15th
Last edited by Fate on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 150, Fate wrote:PAGE TOP

AS SOON AS I WAKE UP

#DESTINYT
xd
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Feysal »

I seem to have slept through the first few pages. Time to dig in.
In post 89, Kokichi Oma wrote:Well this game started quickly
Really? I don't know if the site has gotten less active over the last years, but I don't think this posting rate is in any way unusual.

Kuribo looks very town, and I don't think I even need to elaborate on that. Muffin also looks town.

I don't know what Cupcake could have done to deserve this flash wagon. Sure, I vaguely remember being frustrated by her lurking in past games, but not so much that I'd want to lynch her before she even posts once. What is up with that?

LLD may be town. I don't agree with her reasoning behind post , but I get it, and I think it comes from a town perspective. Espeonage seems rather brazen in the way he points at Staeg, and he is obviously aware of how that post would look but posted it anyway. I'm not reading that one way or the other.

There is however something else about Espeonage that does bother me. He points at Staeg... but does not vote. Instead he posts again to justify keeping his vote on Cupcake, as if by afterthought. Why? Cupcake had not yet posted.

Imagine if Cupcake actually is scum. What would her partners do? They would probably join the wagon to avoid suspicion on themselves, and they would probably not want to be the first to leave it. Espeonage fits this profile. Later, Cupcake votes Espeonage, only to jump on the new Oma wagon. I believe I've seen this dance before.

VOTE: Espeonage
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Staeg »

What if Cupcake is town, Feysal? How does that reflect on Esp?
sa vrede?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I said this started quickly cause I have no fucking idea what my role is.

@MOD REPLY TO PM PLEASE
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I haven't even looked who voted me, but definitely 1 scum in there for jumping on a post with no context
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 139, zMuffinMan wrote:don't think that kokichi post is anywhere near as bad as some people are suggesting it is

also don't think kokichi is all that hard a player to read given time
In post 141, zMuffinMan wrote:currently want to lynch in these players, unless they start looking town:
{cupcake, dunnstral, cupcake, kokichi, cupcake,
feysal
, cupcake,
nacho
, cupcake}

maybe add cupcake to that list
This makes no sense. You say my post is nai? Yet say you want to lynch me. Explain
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 114, Staeg wrote:
In post 103, DrippingGoofball wrote:
#ScumPostDetected
Yessss
unvote
Vote: kokichi oma
This vote looks the fakest. If you thought it was a scum post, why wait for someone else to point it out instead of yourself? Especially when you seem to be so excited for it
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

that was a list of people i dont have any sort of town read on (including people who hadnt posted) - i don't think your post was a 'scum post' but it wasn't town either
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:22 am

Post by MariaR »

@mod you have me voting cupcake and stag when my vote should only be on stag ty
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 156, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 139, zMuffinMan wrote:don't think that kokichi post is anywhere near as bad as some people are suggesting it is

also don't think kokichi is all that hard a player to read given time
In post 141, zMuffinMan wrote:currently want to lynch in these players, unless they start looking town:
{cupcake, dunnstral, cupcake, kokichi, cupcake,
feysal
, cupcake,
nacho
, cupcake}

maybe add cupcake to that list
This makes no sense. You say my post is nai? Yet say you want to lynch me. Explain
I don't believe you made an attempt to interpret what this means before asking for an explanation
In post 157, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 114, Staeg wrote:
In post 103, DrippingGoofball wrote:
#ScumPostDetected
Yessss
unvote
Vote: kokichi oma
This vote looks the fakest. If you thought it was a scum post, why wait for someone else to point it out instead of yourself? Especially when you seem to be so excited for it
...ya same here
I would at this stage ask for what the most likely explanation you think could be appropriate here, buttt
I wasn't online when those posts were made, which can be fairly easily inferred from the burst-like posting - you once again didn't make even a cursory attempt to look for an explanation before entering phalanx stance~

Do you happen to have opinions on players not attacking you?
sa vrede?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 153, Staeg wrote:What if Cupcake is town, Feysal? How does that reflect on Esp?
It would weaken the read of course, but not erase it. Espeonage keeping his vote on Cupcake like that looks odd either way.

It feels disrespectful to only speak of Cupcake when Camn is also in the hydra. Maybe use Camncake? Or Cupcamn?
In post 154, Kokichi Oma wrote:I said this started quickly cause I have no fucking idea what my role is.
I'm intrigued by this. I also find it believable, since I am also confused. I have some wild ideas about the setup, but I think it is too early to speculate.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

ALRIGHT.

I'M DEPRESSED OUT OF MY MIND.

TIME TO PLAY SOME MAFIA.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:45 am

Maria and Kuribo's bigus dickus contest over who knows me more ending in a draw makes me feel they're both town. Or both scum? I don't see that interaction coming from TvS and them both being scum doesn't fit what I'm feeling in gut soooooooooooooooo call them both town.

Katsuki is doing Katsuki things. Would like to hear more from Camn head, will be easier to parse. Could lynch this slot literally any time, the longer it lives the worse Katsuki's lurkaderp live until endgame style is going to become a problem due to paranoia.

Ghost's response(124) to Kuribo's threat(44) is weak and feels very much like they know that backing down from Kuribo there gets them hung, but they don't know how to properly play it out, so they went for the classic "I don't care". It looks like they care. A lot. I don't like it.

Staeg calling my lazy ass posting about Espy very good is weird but not suspicious? I don't think staeg does that as scum buttttttttttttttttttttttttttt it certainly is kinda /shrug

Espy's response to my post is more of the same strategy? It's weird they doubled down on getting ahead of the push, when I called them out of it. It's NAI, but weird. Makes me twitch.

That said I have a bigger problem. Feysal's post regarding Espy is fucking AWFUL.

How are you going to, in the same post, do all the following

1) Call me town
2) Call my reasoning for voting Espy bad
3) Vote espy yourself

there's a disconnect there somewhere I just don't.... get it. If you think he's scum, then clearly my reasoning aligned into yours and found the right target. Why discredit that reasoning and the put your vote there?

Vote: Feysal

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:47 am

DGB probably town? That's a day 2 problem. I think DGB is town but I think I'd like to see the scumputer start chugging out results before I commit to that. Meritocracy for DGB reads.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:51 am

Dunnstral feels weird.

Maria, what alignment is Dunnstral?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 163, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:1) Call me town
2) Call my reasoning for voting Espy bad
3) Vote espy yourself

there's a disconnect there somewhere I just don't.... get it.
no there isn't, you can be town and bad and there can be a different good reason for voting espe, this all checks out to me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: anonymous ghost
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 pm

If I am town, and voting for scum, I'm not bad.

If the line had been like, "I don't really understand the reasoning for LLD's vote", I'd get it, but it wasn't.

It was "I understand the reasoning, and I DISAGREE with it".

So basically, two things happen here

1) They discredit me and my read, making their own push weaker. If they think I'm town, as they said, this makes no sense. Like, think about the cognitive dissonance there. They think Espy is scum and I'm town, and I'm voting Espy. If they want to vote Espy, why would they discredit me in that manner, even if they disagreed with me reasonings. Presumably, I got to the same place they did right? how bad could my reasons possibly be in that case? And do they even matter?

2) By doing this, there is a significant scum motivation behind it potentially. Scum would love to sit on an easy wagon, and not have it be lynched. It's scum's favorite spot. Don't be responsible for a mislynch and also sit on a townie that they can tunnel their lives away into.

I'm just saying that motivation wise and action wise nothing there makes sense.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 165, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Dunnstral feels weird.

Give me a few more pages and you'll get an answer he's meh to me atm. Don't mind if you vote him
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 152, Feysal wrote:I don't know what Cupcake could have done to deserve this flash wagon
clearly never played with cupcake before
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:06 pm

In post 169, MariaR wrote:
In post 165, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Dunnstral feels weird.

Give me a few more pages and you'll get an answer he's meh to me atm. Don't mind if you vote him
I was "meh" on him before and his stepping in the path of my Feysal focus has soured me even more on him, tbh.

Regardless of Feysal's alignment, tbh.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Katsuki »

ITS NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK FEYSAL

CANT HAVE AN OLDIE GAME WITHOUT AT LEAST ONE WALLPOSTER
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
camntsuki
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by camntsuki »

ITS NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK FEYSAL

CANT HAVE AN OLDIE GAME WITHOUT AT LEAST ONE WALLPOSTER

-camn
camntsuki
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by camntsuki »

In post 154, Kokichi Oma wrote:I said this started quickly cause I have no fucking idea what my role is.

@MOD REPLY TO PM PLEASE
LOLMOD?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”