Newbie 1913 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 147, xwing wrote:so roo being placed at L-1, means there is *likely to be at least one scum* on his wagon..(not an exact science, but the concept holds)
If Roo is town that holds up reasonably well. If Roo is scum then the chances of his partner being elsewhere are better.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:02 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.08

hearthstone1235 (0) :
YellowSnow (1) : volxen
L84Dnr (0) :
DoubtingThomas (0) :
Roo (1) : YellowSnow
SaintAngelDFE (3) : xwing, Roo, L84Dnr
volxen (1) : SaintAngelDFE
xwing (0) :
brassherald (1) : DoubtingThomas

not voting: brassherald, hearthstone1235

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end automatically in (expired on 2019-01-30 14:00:00) or sooner if a lynch is achieved by majority.

mod notes:
- prodding DoubtingThomas
- xwing regular v/la over weekends
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:16 am

Post by xwing »

In post 150, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 147, xwing wrote:so roo being placed at L-1, means there is *likely to be at least one scum* on his wagon..(not an exact science, but the concept holds)
If Roo is town that holds up reasonably well. If Roo is scum then the chances of his partner being elsewhere are better.
yup..take this with a grain of salt though, as in my last completed game, we got burned because of this thinking (it turned out a wagon we were analyzing was all-town).. :D
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 am

Post by brassherald »

@mod can we have it indicated in the votecount how many votes are needed for a lynch?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 am

Post by the worst »

ok
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am

Post by the worst »

done
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 am

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 152, xwing wrote:
In post 150, L84Dnr wrote:
yup..take this with a grain of salt though, as in my last completed game, we got burned because of this thinking (it turned out a wagon we were analyzing was all-town).. :D
Yup, it's just one tool, not the toolbox.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 148, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 121, Roo wrote:*Order Taken From Playerlist*

hearthstone1235 - not really a fan of anything hearth has done. First talking about the delay in Volxen's posts seemed like an odd thing to me. Voting xwing for the "lets lynch the IC" comment felt like another stretch. Also something about doesn't sit well with me either. This feels a lot like someone trying to find fire where there is no smoke.
YellowSnow - lots of posts, not a lot of substance. Null/town read. Eyebrow definitely raised at not wanting to lynch the IC on day 1
L84Dnr - town read, came in and has been engaged given fair reads and asking questions
DoubtingThomas - completely null at this point, nothing to go off of
SaintAngelDFE - again completely null, no reads or anything yet from this player
volxen - town read, like the questions in and
xwing - town, to this point has had the most activity directed at scumhunting
brassherald - slight town, lots of IC posts so far but also nothing jumps out as too suspicious yet

feel like pressure could be applied elsewhere to help move things along. Also SaintAngel says I haven't said anything, but his posts aren't exactly bountiful to this point so

VOTE: SaintAngel
Can you elaborate a little on what exactly you mean by "Finding fire where there is no smoke" because I could interpret it in at least 2 different ways.
What do you think of YellowSnow putting the L-1 on you?
Why do you think brassherald is slight town? Is the only reason for that is because nothing jumps out as suspicious yet?

Appreciate the readlist.
The "Finding Fire" comment was directed at how it felt like to me that you were throwing these things at the wall just to see what would stick. Then if anybody questioned you motives behind these reachy things, you could easily just say that it's early on Day 1 and you were trying to see who would jump at what you were saying.

How would you describe the motives behind some of your early pressure? Is there anyone that stands out as more likely scum?

I'm not troubled by being put at L-1, that's how things go on Day 1. But I would like more substance from yellowsnow's posts because as of now he seems to be in that posting a decent amount but flying under the radar, sort of position.

@yellowsnow did you know that your vote put me at L-1? And do you have any reads at this point?

And yeah, I give a slight town read to brassherald because there isn't really any reason to think otherwise at this point. Also in my very limited experience in these newbie games, a frequent Day 1 occurrence seems to be people targeting lower post counts because New players who draw scum tend to try and not assert themselves much into the game. brassherald being the IC, its fair to assume knows this, so I don't find it likely that this is the route that he would take if he were scum (i.e. most of his posts being IC related)
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 146, hearthstone1235 wrote:UNVOTE: xwing
Wait, Volxen you are more sure is town than me, and he's a top suspect?

Your reads don't match your vote, explain ASAP
+1

@DoubtingThomas, you were quite enthusiastic at the start of the game, where are you now?
In post 108, YellowSnow wrote:between roo and brass I like the roo wagon better. At least brass has been helpful.

VOTE: roo
Do you think that's enough to warrant a L-1 so early?
sorry, I have been involved in a mash that ended recently was being pre-occupied so whats going on

wheres everyone headed
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

did brass keep their rvs vote on me?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 159, DoubtingThomas wrote:did brass keep their rvs vote on me?
I never voted you this entire game.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by brassherald »

I'm going to use my Finger of Suspicion on Saint at this point, if it wasn't obvious, I do not want to put to L-1 without a response this early, but I'm not sure much can be said that fixes that comment I asked about earlier.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 160, brassherald wrote:
Wait, do you think your vote on me is me voting you?

That's not how to read a vote count.
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

In post 142, brassherald wrote:
In post 141, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 131, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 125, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 120, xwing wrote:@l8:
i feel like saint's got no original reasoning, mainly pushing what others have stated..
his first vote on hearth was echoing what i thought..
his second vote was on blank (not sure if it technically counted coz of the formatting, but the intent was there), who was inactive/site flaked..
his third vote on roo was echoing what others were saying..
he's not even engaging tried to engage them..
so his votes also feel opportunistic and just wanting a lynch instead of trying to sort..
For the most part I'm trying to figure out how forum mafia works honestly, as stated before I've only really played Town of Salem which is much more fast paced than this, trying to learn as I go. I'm not trying to lead for any lynching based on the fact that I'm not sure how well any scum reading I might be able to pick up would actually be.
Same here. I'm used to a 24 hour day cycle, which is much faster paced. Posting will help you with that.

Right now I have to agree with xwing.

VOTE: SaintAngelDFE

So tell us, what are your reads? On Day 1 they're always weak, so no worries there.

Right now? My reads are that xwing is likely town, he is jumping around a lot and searching from information.
Brass makes me nervous because he is experienced, I'm not sure I'm ready or even able to make an accurate claim on him yet.
The vote on Roo was more or less trying to see if he could have been trying to talk to other mafia before he responded? But unfortunately the response he gave seemed genuine and not rushed. It was a reach and I should have voiced it.
I don't have too much of a read on Volxen based on similar issues as Brass, however I feel a little more sure that he's town.
Yellow is neutral to me, I'm not picking up on anything going either direction.
DoubtingThomas is talkative and definitely trying to push forward to get information, but he hasn't really pushed for any. I think that's suspicious, but like I said I'm still learning.

My suspects right now are between Volxen and DT. VOTE: volxen

My bad for the late response to this one - long day at work. I had been typing this in between a couple of meetings and must have honestly gotten mixed up while reading it back through, no real excuse as to why I added Volxen or voted him.

I need to start re-reading what I type, especially if I'm going to try and post while at work apparently. My only "scum read" is on DT honestly, but I'm not completely sure about Yellow or Brass still.

VOTE: DoubtingThomas
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by xwing »

wait, that is an important point..

so based on the vote count (vc) on :

dt you got no votes on you at all..
while the leading wagon is saint with 3 votes, and the ones who voted for him in order was me, roo, then l8..
saint is at L-2, meaning it takes two more votes to achieve a lynch..
hope that's clear..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 163, SaintAngelDFE wrote:My bad for the late response to this one - long day at work. I had been typing this in between a couple of meetings and must have honestly gotten mixed up while reading it back through, no real excuse as to why I added Volxen or voted him.

I need to start re-reading what I type, especially if I'm going to try and post while at work apparently. My only "scum read" is on DT honestly, but I'm not completely sure about Yellow or Brass still.
sorry saint, im not sold on your explanation..
if it was a mistype or mix up, then you should had have just one scum read and not two?
also, DT and volxen are waaaay too distinct from each other to have them mixed up..
lastly, your reads are almost all null or back tracking..
like what's your case on DT? he's "pushing forward for info but then not really pushing"? i dont get what you're saying..
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 162, brassherald wrote:
In post 160, brassherald wrote:
Wait, do you think your vote on me is me voting you?

That's not how to read a vote count.
yeah LOL that's what happened lmfao ok

what reads do you have brass?
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 163, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 142, brassherald wrote:
In post 141, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 131, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 125, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 120, xwing wrote:@l8:
i feel like saint's got no original reasoning, mainly pushing what others have stated..
his first vote on hearth was echoing what i thought..
his second vote was on blank (not sure if it technically counted coz of the formatting, but the intent was there), who was inactive/site flaked..
his third vote on roo was echoing what others were saying..
he's not even engaging tried to engage them..
so his votes also feel opportunistic and just wanting a lynch instead of trying to sort..
For the most part I'm trying to figure out how forum mafia works honestly, as stated before I've only really played Town of Salem which is much more fast paced than this, trying to learn as I go. I'm not trying to lead for any lynching based on the fact that I'm not sure how well any scum reading I might be able to pick up would actually be.
Same here. I'm used to a 24 hour day cycle, which is much faster paced. Posting will help you with that.

Right now I have to agree with xwing.

VOTE: SaintAngelDFE

So tell us, what are your reads? On Day 1 they're always weak, so no worries there.

Right now? My reads are that xwing is likely town, he is jumping around a lot and searching from information.
Brass makes me nervous because he is experienced, I'm not sure I'm ready or even able to make an accurate claim on him yet.
The vote on Roo was more or less trying to see if he could have been trying to talk to other mafia before he responded? But unfortunately the response he gave seemed genuine and not rushed. It was a reach and I should have voiced it.
I don't have too much of a read on Volxen based on similar issues as Brass, however I feel a little more sure that he's town.
Yellow is neutral to me, I'm not picking up on anything going either direction.
DoubtingThomas is talkative and definitely trying to push forward to get information, but he hasn't really pushed for any. I think that's suspicious, but like I said I'm still learning.

My suspects right now are between Volxen and DT. VOTE: volxen

My bad for the late response to this one - long day at work. I had been typing this in between a couple of meetings and must have honestly gotten mixed up while reading it back through, no real excuse as to why I added Volxen or voted him.

could you explain this scum read of yours ?
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 165, xwing wrote:
In post 163, SaintAngelDFE wrote:My bad for the late response to this one - long day at work. I had been typing this in between a couple of meetings and must have honestly gotten mixed up while reading it back through, no real excuse as to why I added Volxen or voted him.

sorry saint, im not sold on your explanation..
if it was a mistype or mix up, then you should had have just one scum read and not two?
also, DT and volxen are waaaay too distinct from each other to have them mixed up..
lastly, your reads are almost all null or back tracking..
like what's your case on DT? he's "pushing forward for info but then not really pushing"? i dont get what you're saying..
right i havent really pushed for anything outside of page 1 which is already <rand voting stage

do you have reads on anything rn?
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 163, SaintAngelDFE wrote: My bad for the late response to this one - long day at work. I had been typing this in between a couple of meetings and must have honestly gotten mixed up while reading it back through, no real excuse as to why I added Volxen or voted him.

Could be, but I'll be interested in seeing your responses to xwing's questions.

UNVOTE:
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

Now if you want a decent reason for starting a wagon on Volxen how about the fact that he's an experienced player with only 9 posts in nearly 7 pages. Much of that is low content.

VOTE: Volxen

Volxen, why the silent treatment?
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

L84, what are your thoughts
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:01 am

Post by brassherald »

Right now, I've got some suspicions to Saint because I didn't like that answer but I'm willing to wait until he responds to xwing.

YellowSnow for reasons discussed before, in fact I don't think he posted yesterday at all, and it feels lurky to me compared to the last game I played with him.

Doubting Thomas is asking very general questions rather than pointed ones, that seems like being active lurking. I mean, there is a difference between asking someone what they think of the gamestate and what they think of a specific slot or a specific post. I feel like we are at the point where the questions should be specific rather than general. The questions just seem too easy.

I also find Volxen's silence uneasy. That's an SE slot barely participating.

The other 4 of you get passes for now into what passes for a town block on the basis of not being as suspect.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:09 am

Post by the worst »

pagetop in sight
target acquired
commence quacking

quack