John Pierce Gantt
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by John Pierce Gantt »

In post 146, themilkcartonkid wrote:This interaction pinged me, although I dont know what it pinged or who pinged it
Maybe it pinged for you because you viewed the whole post as an interaction when it really wasn't one?
Except for the first quote, they were just comments.
John Pierce Gantt
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:33 pm

In post 149, Inferno390 wrote:Okay, this makes sense.
Ah, the acceptance of defeat.
Guess I'm doing pretty well for my first game.
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by RuiRui »

I think some of Inferno's recent posting has been pretty good

I'm taking a closer look at John Pierce Gantt's push there and I get the feeling he's trying to make Inferno look guilty rather than trying to figure Inferno's alignment out

VOTE: John Pierce Gannt
John Pierce Gantt
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:41 pm

In post 152, RuiRui wrote:I'm taking a closer look at John Pierce Gantt's push there and I get the feeling he's trying to make Inferno look guilty rather than trying to figure Inferno's alignment out
I would say "making Inferno look guilty" is not really a right word but yes, that is basically what I'm doing.
If I think someone is Mafia, what is the point for me to have an argument with him otherwise?
I am doing it so that others can see my points and either tell me that I'm wrong (hopefully with a good reason) or agree with me.
ErzaScarlet
ErzaScarlet
Townie
ErzaScarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by ErzaScarlet »

Making someone look guilty means your're pushing fabricated evidence/points to fit your false narrative/end goal so I'm not sure if that's the word choice you want to go with @JPG, just saying.
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by RuiRui »

I think it's too early in the game to lock someone in as mafia and not want to talk to them.

I think Inferno can be town who made some suspect posts early on, that you quickly jumped on - in that case trying to argue about you if you're right that he
could
be mafia for those posts, or that it's more likely to come from mafia etc. is a waste of time. I thought the post he made talking about Vorkuta being town and the few after that looked more like town than scum.
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by themilkcartonkid »

In post 150, John Pierce Gantt wrote:
In post 146, themilkcartonkid wrote:This interaction pinged me, although I dont know what it pinged or who pinged it
Maybe it pinged for you because you viewed the whole post as an interaction when it really wasn't one?
When someone quotes a post, that is an interaction. Axe interacted with you and either their interaction or your original response pinged me. Not sure yet why
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by RuiRui »

In post 156, themilkcartonkid wrote:
When someone quotes a post, that is an interaction. Axe interacted with you and either their interaction or your original response pinged me. Not sure yet why
It kind of feels like John Pierce Gantt is softly defending Axe
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Actually, no. This looks bad. Why did you jump to me accusing you of scum interaction?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 141, Tchill13 wrote:We're on PG 4...RC has (apparently) got inferno dead to rights and it seems like ppl have no issue following him (including myself).
This is exactly what is alienating me at the moment. It's not that I think the Inferno push is bad and meanwhile it offers some deductions to other slots, but this whole wagon happened that fast and like "RC says so, therefore it is so" combined with the just lynch through a claim before there wasn't even a claim while one slot hasn't even posted once is so damn fast. I don't see the rush yet.
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:56 pm

I think some people are just falling prey to the charisma. Also, I'm telling with your opinions, which means we definitely need to lynch you. I have a bad track record
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm

*gelling
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Falling prety to what charisma

inferno is literally confirmed scum.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
John Pierce Gantt
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:16 pm

In post 154, ErzaScarlet wrote:Making someone look guilty means your're pushing fabricated evidence/points to fit your false narrative/end goal so I'm not sure if that's the word choice you want to go with @JPG, just saying.
I did say that it is not a good word to describe what I'm doing.
In post 155, RuiRui wrote:I think it's too early in the game to lock someone in as mafia and not want to talk to them.

I think Inferno can be town who made some suspect posts early on, that you quickly jumped on - in that case trying to argue about you if you're right that he
could
be mafia for those posts, or that it's more likely to come from mafia etc. is a waste of time. I thought the post he made talking about Vorkuta being town and the few after that looked more like town than scum.
There is no such thing as "too early to make a solid decision." It is all based on the contents given in the game, and I think there was enough contents for me to make a decision.
With that said, did I misread what you posted or are you saying that my points doesn't matter because you townread some of his posts?
In post 156, themilkcartonkid wrote:When someone quotes a post, that is an interaction. Axe interacted with you and either their interaction or your original response pinged me. Not sure yet why
Ok, we had a different definitions of term in mind.
In post 157, RuiRui wrote:It kind of feels like John Pierce Gantt is softly defending Axe
?
The only time I mentioned Axe was that one joke thrown at him in my "interactions."
In post 158, themilkcartonkid wrote:Actually, no. This looks bad. Why did you jump to me accusing you of scum interaction?
You said you couldn't figure out where and why my post felt weird so I was lending you a hand. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 156, themilkcartonkid wrote:
I’m not sure why Gantt’s post would ping you. It’s a pretty sincere post.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 162, RadiantCowbells wrote:Falling prety to what charisma

I wish you would stop saying that and actually give reasons
Since you know that’s what you’re supposed to do
Not just mudsling at every chance you get
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 151, John Pierce Gantt wrote:
In post 149, Inferno390 wrote:Okay, this makes sense.
Ah, the acceptance of defeat.
Guess I'm doing pretty well for my first game.
Admission of defeat?
Or understanding where you are coming from?
Not the same thing.

Inferno390 GTKAS

John Pierce Gantt
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
John Pierce Gantt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Admission is what I meant.
I don't know why I wrote acceptance, lmao.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 162, RadiantCowbells wrote:Falling prety to what charisma

If he's conf scum try explaining it again, like we're kindergarteners. Are you comfortable with axehole being so confident as well? When it seemed that other than inferno he was the leading wagon?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:28 pm

wow

leading wagon in rvs

lol
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:30 pm

how can you possibly act like axe being the counterwagon is significant when it was rvs until inferno was caught scum
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by davesaz »

Fun meta fact: scum!RC is quite willing to stab his partner in the back, side, front, whatever to look town on the flip.
I know this first hand, having been the stuckee on at least one occasion.

I have also seen town!RC do exactly this. At least once the target was scum, and town at least once. Have not kept count so no idea what his actual record is.

Getting down to the specifics, I think it's more likely Inferno is scum than town. Nowhere near as confident as RC apparently is. I'm not much of a tonal reader aside from certain meta circumstances, but the tone on this one is pretty loud.

I think it's a bad idea to rush. D1 speedlynches on scum tend to favor scum (anecdotally based on my observations) despite the numerical disadvantage, as the lack of useful interactions insulates the scum team from the lynchee and it becomes harder to tell which players on the wagon are good town, which are merely sheep, and which are bussers (if any). Though there are occasionally town romps that start that way.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:49 pm

oh dear lord.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I welcome scum flips day 1. I also regularly propose chainsawing day 1 wagons when that happens.

It was rvs until inferno was caught scum yet that isn't exactly a fact.

Also if RC is scum with inferno that'd be hilarious.

I'm enjoying the actions and reactions coming from these events. They're quite helpful to me.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 170, RadiantCowbells wrote:how can you possibly act like axe being the counterwagon is significant when it was rvs until inferno was caught scum
The significance is that ace is as confident as you are after COINCIDENCTLY being the counter. I don't think the counter wagon matters as much as the confidence given the context.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”