Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

That's strange. Someone has hacked into the system and erased whatever files used to be here.

^ __ ^
Last edited by Jahudo on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Jahudo wrote:
PokerFace wrote:You know I think we can still come up with something better and call it Romani. Give me some time and take tyour time and I'm sure we'll get something really good.
How about a miller with a hider or commuter power?

Is there a comparable role to the Jailkeeper (protect and roleblock combo) that is instead an investigative (flavor preferably or alignment) and roleblock combo? Maybe a Police Lieutenant or Chief of Police?
Maybe something like
Interrogator
, flavor-wise it makes sense that he would lock his target in a room all night and torture the information out of him. Hell, just call the role
Jack Bauer
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:58 am

Post by chenhsi »

You are god. Kinda. Your actually the moderator. That's close enough to god for you. Anyways, you are the Cult Leader. If a player votes for you, their win condition will be changed to "You win if the moderator survives the game."

You win if you survive to the end of the game.
What would happen if you change the moderator's win condition to that of a Jester's?
I lost the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Copy of a role in one of Glork's games (I forgot exact game):
You are a
Millitant
. Get killed at night by scum or survive til the end of the game to win with any faction. Good Luck
A role of my own design:
You are a
Good-willed Jester
. You win with any faction by getting yourself lynched during the day only after previously lynching one player who was scum. You must have been on said players wagon when he was lynched. Good Luck
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Elmo »

PokerFace wrote:(I forgot exact game)
Martyr Mafia
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Adel »

You are a
Spoilsport
. You win if you are on a wagon that lynches a townie in lylo or mislynch-and-lose
xelada
xelada
Townie
xelada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by xelada »

syndromeofadown wrote:
You are
Caterpie
. You desperately want to become a Butterfree at all costs.

During the day, if whomever you vote for is also lynched, even if you did not cast the deciding vote, you will gain experience and level up. You are currently level 5. At level 7, you will evolve into
Metapod
, gaining the ability to harden during the night, preventing you from any night kills. At level 10, you will finally evolve into
Butterfree
and fly away at dusk (at the end of the day in which you leveled up, but before nightfall). You win if you evolve into Butterfree. However, evolving into Butterfree does not end the game.

A WILD POKEMANIAC APEARED
You are
Weedle

During the day, if whomever you vote for is also lynched, and if you cast the deciding vote, you will gain experience and level up; also during the night you may poison someone,so the next night they die unless doc protected either night, this will gain you enough EXP to level up. You are currently level 5. At level 7, you will evolve into
Kakuna
, gaining the ability to harden during the night, protecting you from any night kills or use your poison ability that now can only be stopped if the target is protected the same they are targeted. At level 10, you will finally evolve into
Beedrill
making your poison so potent it can't be stopped; also you NK immunity has been replaced with the immunity to one NK in which the attacker is poisoned by your brand of poison. You win if you survive to endgame
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Elmo wrote:
PokerFace wrote:(I forgot exact game)
Martyr Mafia
Wait, so it had the same title as Gurgi's new game and yet they have nothing to do with each other?! That actually strikes me as being funny.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Elmo »

Yea, my first thought was, like, why did someone bump Glork's old game? Then, OIC.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

When I mentioned that militant role I thought I had forgotten the name since Martyr Mafia was all that came to mind and I knew that was gurgi's game. Now I just find it funny
na85
na85
Goon
na85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by na85 »

You are a
Smoker
. A strange viral infection has caused you to become mutated and aggressive. Your increased strength and climbing ability allow you to escape from mobs, meaning you cannot be lynched. You are not bulletproof, however, so you can be night-killed.

Each night you may target one player to strangle to death with your tongue that shoots out from your mouth.

Unfortunately, your tongue and infected brain preclude any chance of communication other than wheezes and coughs. Therefore, you may not post. You win when all the humans are dead.
You are a
Boomer
. You were infected with a virus that caused you to swell and bloat. Each night you may vomit on a certain number* of players. Players that have been vomited on will appear guilty when investigated and will be flagged for watchers/trackers.

You win when all the humans are dead.
*Determined by the size of the game
You are the
Witch
. You sit around and cry all day because you were emo and nobody understood you, and then you got infected and NOW look at you, who would ever want to date you, how are you going to tell your parents, why should you tell your parents because they don't understand you, nobody understands you, you hate everyone and you just need to be left alone for some catharsis.

If, during the day, someone says something to offend you, startle you, bother you, etc. then that player dies the following night because you flip out at them and kill them in a rage of teenage hormones. Also you are crazy strong and can take multiple gunshots before dying. You cannot be lynched, only night killed by someone shooting you in the back of the head with a shotgun at point blank, thus earning the cr0wnd achievement. You win if they just leave you alone.
You are the
Hunter
. You excel at leaping long distances and making horrifying screaming noises. If a player is at Lynch minus two (L-2) you may leap onto the bandwagon and lynch them. Essentially you get two votes, but only if the player is at L-2.
You are the
Tank
. A serious case of roid rage, coupled with extensive zombification has left you nothing more than a pissed-off pile of muscles that wants to pulverize everything in sight. You have awesome theme music and can punch through walls.

Your massive size means that it takes a unanimous vote to lynch you (ALL players in the game must vote for you).

Once per night you may choose to kill a player by bashing their skull in or hurling a midsized sedan at them. Unfortunately, your enormous biceps do not lend themselves well to subtlety, so if you choose to use your nightkill it will be announced the next morning (i.e. "na85 threw a car at So-and-so, who was crushed like a bug")

You win if you are the last person standing.

You can be night-killed.
Call me Nate
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Hm... if we were to do a Left 4 Dead game, I like the idea of having some kind of incapacitation mechanic.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

I like beedrill.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are an
NK-immune Miller Vig
. Each night you may kill someone. You can not be killed at night yourself. Anyone that investigates you will recieve a guilty result. You win with the town when all scum threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are the
Town Godfather
. You are masoned with XXXX and YYYY. They have the same wincondition as you and you may chat with them at any time. Your group may kill one player each night. You can not be killed at night and always show up Guilty on investigation. You win when you eliminate the Mafia Conspirators or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good luck.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:29 am

Post by DraketheFake »

na85 wrote:You are a
Smoker
. A strange viral infection has caused you to become mutated and aggressive. Your increased strength and climbing ability allow you to escape from mobs, meaning you cannot be lynched. You are not bulletproof, however, so you can be night-killed.

Each night you may target one player to strangle to death with your tongue that shoots out from your mouth.

Unfortunately, your tongue and infected brain preclude any chance of communication other than wheezes and coughs. Therefore, you may not post. You win when all the humans are dead.
You, my friend, have won the thread. How would the role reveal to investigation?
xelada
xelada
Townie
xelada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:11 am

Post by xelada »

You are a
Voltorb
. If you are lynched the person who hammers you is killed. If you are NKed the killer is killed as well. You have a 1-shot kill that can penetrate a docs protection.
You are an
Electrode
. If you are lynched the people who voted for you are killed. If you are NKed the everyone who targets you are killed as well. You have a 1-shot kill that also kills anyone who targets you and can penetrate a docs protection.
You are a
Ditto
. At night you can target someone and your role becomes that of the targeted.

You win by transforming then completing your new win condition.
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

You are a
Death Godfather.
Your scumbuddies are x and y. You talk in z quicktopic. On your death, you will roll as town.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Mafiaplayer wrote:
You are a
Death Godfather.
Your scumbuddies are x and y. You talk in z quicktopic. On your death, you will roll as town.
This is an actual role called Pillar of Society or Super Godfather or Corrupt Governor...or something along those lines. Even more bastardly than the normal Death Miller IMO.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Seraphim wrote:
Mafiaplayer wrote:
You are a Death Godfather. Your scumbuddies are x and y. You talk in z quicktopic. On your death, you will roll as town.
This is an actual role called
Pillar of Society
or Super Godfather or Corrupt Governor...or something along those lines. Even more bastardly than the normal Death Miller IMO.
Yep, thats the name I've seen for it on irc. It also is supose to be shown as inocent on night investigations if I'm not mistaken since death millers are shown as guilty to those
xelada
xelada
Townie
xelada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:30 am

Post by xelada »

You are a
Neutraliser
. At night you may target someone, that person will have everything except there alignment, win condition and vote removed.
SuperCop
SuperCop
Watcher
SuperCop
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:03 am

Post by SuperCop »

SuperCop. We play an F11 with an invincible Cop.

To offset the SuperCop, the Mafia has two shots at night. They send in the shots as Target A and Target B.

If either Target is the SuperCop, The other Target dies and the bullet bounces off SuperCop and has a 25% chance of killing any other player, including the Mafia players.

If neither Target is the SuperCop, Target A dies and there is a 25% chance that Target B dies as well.

If the SuperCop's votes reach the lynch majority threshold, nothing happens. Twilight does not fall, votes can still be added, and votes can be removed. Night does not fall - the Day remains the same.

We've had a lot of fun with it. Most games go down to a good endgame.
Mafia Boss Moderator Edition for iPhone/iPod touch:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306969757&mt=8
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Does the supercop always claim Day 1 and get proven innocent by a test lynch? Because it seems like this is the best play for them.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

F11 can usually have a mafia roleblocker sometimes. Is that in the setup with the super cop?
Quote:

Otherwise Fenchurch is correct, you should have SuperCop claim day 1. Test lynch someone if anyone counters. Once real SuperCop is found, you can play follow cop to possibly find the only 2 mafiosos. I don't have all math figured out based on 25% double kills but there is still high chance town can win like that effectively
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperCop
SuperCop
Watcher
SuperCop
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by SuperCop »

Fenchurch wrote:Does the supercop always claim Day 1 and get proven innocent by a test lynch? Because it seems like this is the best play for them.
No, players usually don't want SuperCop to claim, as they don't want the scum to have one less target to choose from.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306969757&mt=8
SuperCop
SuperCop
Watcher
SuperCop
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by SuperCop »

PokerFace wrote:F11 can usually have a mafia roleblocker sometimes. Is that in the setup with the super cop?
Well, if there is a Doc, then there is a Mafia Roleblocker. So the Doc knows about the RB and the Mafia know there is a Doc if they have a RB.
We randomly choose from the two F11 configs that have a Cop.
Otherwise Fenchurch is correct, you should have SuperCop claim day 1. Test lynch someone if anyone counters. Once real SuperCop is found, you can play follow cop to possibly find the only 2 mafiosos. I don't have all math figured out based on 25% double kills but there is still high chance town can win like that effectively
Not sure I follow that. SuperCop would achieve what by coming out on day 1?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”