Townie
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Deus Deceptor »

It's a vote with a reason behind it! My standards for thinking that something is correct just happen to be rather high as a hopeless perfectionist, paranoiac and probability respecter
I am an Evil Demon of utmost power and cunning. Soon you shall think that the sky, the air, the earth, colours, shapes, sounds and all external things are merely the delusions of dreams, which I have devised to ensnare your judgement. You shall consider yourself as not having hands or eyes, or flesh, or blood or senses, but as falsely believing that you have all these things.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:03 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 128, rabbitrhino wrote: Hello everyone!

@Aureal 2005 join date! Did not know this site has been around so long.
In post 14, Cabd wrote:
BP
Bulletproof, a role in the game, possibly.
[..]
JK
Jailkeeper, a role in the game, possibly.
This is an open setup, so we know for sure there are only vanilla roles, correct? Or is it just that we know how many mafia there are and specific roles are TBC? Apologies if this is just part of your template and wasn't intended to imply something more.
Yeah the old newbie setups can be found on the wiki, the game I pulled this from is like circa 2017/2018ish.

The old setup:
Subject: Newbie 1843 - Game Over
In post 2, Huntress wrote:
Newbie Setup

Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. The possible combinations are listed below.

Row 1:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Row 2:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Row 3:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town 1-shot Bulletproof, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town 1-shot Bulletproof, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5

This game uses the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply. The 1-shot Bulletproof is a passive ability that cannot be roleblocked.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during pre-game and night phases only.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during pre-game and night phases only.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:04 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 150, Deus Deceptor wrote: It's a vote with a reason behind it! My standards for thinking that something is correct just happen to be rather high as a hopeless perfectionist, paranoiac and probability respecter
Ah I thought you were describing me until you said probability.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Cabd »

Ooops wrong newbie game OP, the one where gif RVS'd me was this one:

viewtopic.php?p=9393140#p9393140

You'll also note that in the past, we used the word "Lynch". Due to the racial undertones we've eliminated that word from being allowed onsite, but obviously we're not going to go back and nuke the archives with a big find and replace, so just note that while it was "permissible" then it absolutly is not now.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:07 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 135, Deus Deceptor wrote: Cabd/Jackson doesn't seem like good bear/good bear. There's no such thing as bad bears though, so that's okay!
So actually, let's break this down. Which specific parts of the interaction read that way to you? Do you feel like you have the full context behind the interaction?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:13 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 140, Deus Deceptor wrote:
In post 138, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 135, Deus Deceptor wrote: Cabd/Jackson doesn't seem like good bear/good bear. There's no such thing as bad bears though, so that's okay!
How so?
In the open conversation at the start of the game they're both several layers of abstraction deep between KJQ being an honest interlocutor and it reads peculiarly. I asked myself the question "do 3 good bears wake up today and plausibly find themselves having this discourse" and my thoughts are that they probably don't.
I see you expanded and added a third name, and stated you don't think that can be T-T-T, but I still find myself unsure as to WHY you think this is not possible.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:16 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I’m finding it difficult to find the “why”s for many of their posts.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:16 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 106, Cabd wrote: Because I think of all the people getting in on the nostalgia gimmick, you're the most likely mafia?
In the spirit of drinking my own prosecco:

I feel that Klick came in, saw the joking mood that was still a little game related, and decided to derail into further irrelevance. I feel that this advances the mafia win condition in several ways.

1: It makes him "blend in" with the crowd of folks already bantering.
2: It accelerates the page count towards the soft cap of 60.
3: It makes the content that was inside the banter fall into background noise, making scum hunting harder.
4: It artificially extends RVS, which is a phase that should ideally be exited as soon as possible even without a page cap.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Cabd »

Spoiler: Wherein Cabd waxes poetic about the nature of RVS on Mafiascum as a whole and his own personal play styles clash with it
RVS is a required evil at best, and a detriment on most days. My play style in the social game of mafia is to generate a TON of data, questions, stances, opinions, etc. Get as many players to chime in as possible. Ask open ended questions where the way your question is interpreted is just as important as their answer. Then, once you've got all that data in the thread, I re-read the thread with a critical eye and start building my reads. RVS is essentially a "hahaha your data is invalid because i was just kidding" shield, and the best RVS is a dead RVS. I am extremely hostile towards, and scum read heavily, attempts to continue or revive it, especially from players entering late into the thread.

As this game is marked as newbie-friendly/newbie-adjacent, I will be making posts like these a little "behind the scenes" of my thinking, it's been a long time since I've gotten to use my IC style of play and so I was quite elated to join this one for a breath of fresh air. And I like miss mod as a player and online friend too.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:27 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 157, Cabd wrote:
In post 106, Cabd wrote: Because I think of all the people getting in on the nostalgia gimmick, you're the most likely mafia?
In the spirit of drinking my own prosecco:

I feel that Klick came in, saw the joking mood that was still a little game related, and decided to derail into further irrelevance. I feel that this advances the mafia win condition in several ways.

1: It makes him "blend in" with the crowd of folks already bantering.
2: It accelerates the page count towards the soft cap of 60.
3: It makes the content that was inside the banter fall into background noise, making scum hunting harder.
4: It artificially extends RVS, which is a phase that should ideally be exited as soon as possible even without a page cap.
I hate how much I’m liking your posts.
Deus Deceptor
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:37 am

Post by Deus Deceptor »

VOTE: Cabd
I am an Evil Demon of utmost power and cunning. Soon you shall think that the sky, the air, the earth, colours, shapes, sounds and all external things are merely the delusions of dreams, which I have devised to ensnare your judgement. You shall consider yourself as not having hands or eyes, or flesh, or blood or senses, but as falsely believing that you have all these things.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:56 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

But if I didn't say it, well, I'd still have felt it
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
LoveKilling
LoveKilling
Any
Goon
LoveKilling
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:56 am

Post by LoveKilling »

NM do you want me to vote you so you can get your jester win?
:] Love :] Killing :]
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:58 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 161, Not_Mafia wrote: But if I didn't say it, well, I'd still have felt it
It's okay at this point it's such a you thing that if you hadn't posted it, I'd have sent the skittles an inquiry to make a wellness check.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 7:59 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I’d send one yellow m&m.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 162, LoveKilling wrote: NM do you want me to vote you so you can get your jester win?
In post 163, Cabd wrote:
In post 161, Not_Mafia wrote: But if I didn't say it, well, I'd still have felt it
It's okay at this point it's such a you thing that if you hadn't posted it, I'd have sent the skittles an inquiry to make a wellness check.
Where's the sense in that?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
rabbitrhino
rabbitrhino
he/him
Townie
rabbitrhino
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:27 am

Post by rabbitrhino »

In post 160, Deus Deceptor wrote: VOTE: Cabd
Any logic here?
Deus Deceptor
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:42 am

Post by Deus Deceptor »

In post 166, rabbitrhino wrote:
Any logic here?
Do you have any guesses as to what my logic could potentially be?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:44 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

If this continues, I’ll have to change my vote. I’m not a fan of whatever this approach is and it’s making me feel quite off about DD.
Deus Deceptor
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:47 am

Post by Deus Deceptor »

In post 168, KayJayQueue wrote: If this continues, I’ll have to change my vote. I’m not a fan of whatever this approach is and it’s making me feel quite off about DD.
If it suits you, could you elaborate on how my approach would be beneficial as scum?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:50 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 169, Deus Deceptor wrote:
In post 168, KayJayQueue wrote: If this continues, I’ll have to change my vote. I’m not a fan of whatever this approach is and it’s making me feel quite off about DD.
If it suits you, could you elaborate on how my approach would be beneficial as scum?
Giving no info while appearing to stay active and engaged but everything you say is actually pointless. But maybe it’s moreso just because it’s annoying me lol
rabbitrhino
rabbitrhino
he/him
Townie
rabbitrhino
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:50 am

Post by rabbitrhino »

In post 167, Deus Deceptor wrote:
In post 166, rabbitrhino wrote:
Any logic here?
Do you have any guesses as to what my logic could potentially be?
Something scummy, which is further reinforced by this comment.
If I thought otherwise, I wouldn't have asked.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:57 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

How so?
In the open conversation at the start of the game they're both several layers of abstraction deep between KJQ being an honest interlocutor and it reads peculiarly. I asked myself the question "do 3 good bears wake up today and plausibly find themselves having this discourse" and my thoughts are that they probably don't.
I'm assuming you're new to the site and not an alt given you don't have a profile picture, is that right? What makes you think that two more veteran players wouldn't have this kind of abstract banter if they were both town, and how does your interpretation of their banter bring you to a conclusion on KJQ's alignment based on her being an "honest interlocutor"?

I disagree with the the statement that 3 town "probably don't" have that conversation. I think that easily occurs regardless of any of their alignments, especially in white flag where bussing is typically a worse strategy, it won't be surprising to see S/S buddying or banter.

I also don't see how you get from a thought about "3 good bears" and end up at a conclusion that 2 of these 3 are not T/T. What about KJQ?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:04 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 154, Cabd wrote:
So actually, let's break this down. Which specific parts of the interaction read that way to you? Do you feel like you have the full context behind the interaction?
In post 155, Cabd wrote:
How so?
I see you expanded and added a third name, and stated you don't think that can be T-T-T, but I still find myself unsure as to WHY you think this is not possible.
I like that it's the same thoughts I had but I feel a lack of teeth tbh. Watching u cabd
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:05 am

Post by Cabd »

Teeth are wearing caps, this is my IC style.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”