Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

malp reasoning sucks
vote cheery dog
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Porfervor »

i think it was the best case someone has put out on this thread in a long time let's see how much this guy is willing to bet
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by ζ »

No it doesn't, Nachomamma.

I hate to say it, but if you read his ISO, the image of nervous scum unsure whether or not to bus his buddies comes across much more potently than in any effort I could manage putting it into words.

Look at how differently his attitude is when he votes buldemar than when he votes Pandorica and Paschendale. It screams scum.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Since xtoph asked so nicely,
In post 958, xtopherusD wrote:NOTE: This post is designed to be Post #953, but based on activity there are probably going to be ninjas all around me. I haven't read their posts.

There is too much one-lining in this thread that I can't discern a coherent thing on my phone. When I am home I might try to make a no-crap version of the thread and let you know what I think. For now you get a bunch of notes from my readthrough.

Complaining about the posting and excusing himself from making a crappy post.

Re: buldermar's claim

The person who claimed scum (too many names all at once right now) claimed to be reaction-testing? Then "unclaimed" (whichever person made this a thing that happened or anything is completely confused) and deduced that DeasVail (or the other one?) is probably scum for what he did.
As someone else said, Town gambits are really terrible, no matter what they are. I think this one is especially bad because the public reactions to a scum claim are no different coming from Town or from Scum. Town thinks
What the hell is he doing
while scum thinks
What the hell is he doing he's not in my scumteam
(leaving out the last part in thread of course). Plus all this was within the span of like 15 minutes anyway. No good or accurate anything goes for 15 minutes.
Also: It's ironic that using a different colour makes it easier for us to see which parts of the game to ignore. Actually, could you all just post useless stuff in red? That'd be really nice :D

Fluff, no comment on anyone's alignment.

Re: Phillamon and his reads

I liked Phillamon's (???) reads list. It means he's actually putting effort into the game! People mentioned he could be just parroting and it's of course a possibility. Just another thing to be wary of, but until there's some evidence that he's probably not trying all that hard (or trying to sabotage things) he's good with me.

He gives a positive read on Phil, for pretty mediocre reason, that Phil put effort into making a reads list, where he might have just been parroting others, and makes sure to comment that he may change his read at some point in time.

Re: Cheery Dog and
his
list of... reads...

Cheery Dog posted a list of nulls? That's all well and good but I think I would like to see where all the other people sit (i.e. the people who are leaning town/leaning scum). Posting null reads is a very safe bet - there is no evidence to post as to why they are null... Because the reason they're null is that there are no tells in their posts. If Cheery Dog could maybe give us something more substantial that people could actually comment on please?
Added later note: Posting null reads is also safe because it's something that everyone will agree with. Getting people to start being comfortable with agreeing with you is another thing you are kind of doing.

Sure ok, this is mostly probably somewhat true, but he doesn't tell us anything about what he thinks of Cheery Dog.

Re: torgonitoh / wutlolski

And I reckon that if torgonitoh ends up being scum and surviving to endgame and winning... I won't even be mad. I'll probably keep on reading this game until he's gone even if I'm dead. As long as he keeps using unique and recognisable names ;)

That's nice.

Re: Paschendale's replacement

Oh yeah also I forgot about Paschendale. I reckon that's a natural town reaction... For like the first few games. Being around for so long and still acting like this is just wrong. But I don't know if it's a towntell or scumtell or even a tell at all. Plus I really don't like when replacements come in to animosity and a million votes.

That's a natural town reaction . . . I don't know if it's a town-tell. You think he's town. Why do you feel the need to tell us that you don't know if what he's doing is some sort of tell? Were you trying to get people to unvote Taz? If not, why say that you don't like it when replacements come into animosity and votes?

Re: Porfervor's gun (and everyone else's, too)

More notes I keep remembering:
Porfervor needs to stop talking about this gun. I don't really know when exactly he claimed to have a gun, but since then his posts have been all about that and I don't know if it's funny enough to warrant not being helpful.
And speaking of this, two things:
1. Can everyone please stop speaking to everyone like "you deserve to be shot/lynched" or just "Die."? I mean firstly it sounds terrible, but you're also subconsciously giving yourself the idea that you are 100% correct and jumping to saying these things makes it harder for you to see other arguments/reason.
2. Everyone needs to stop
assuming
there is a Vig. There are other ways to balance a large game and keep it at a good pace. There doesn't need to be a vig, let alone a dayvig. Unless there's been a serious claim that I have missed, it'd be great to not be reading all these assumption posts :]

That's what I've remembered about what I thought reading through the second half of the thread. On a preview it's ridiculously long so I'll throw some headings on there do you can jump to stuff you think is important / stuff that has to do with you. Have fun probably continuing arguing, I need to rest :/

A nice etiquette lesson and more fluff.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1542, Nachomamma8 wrote:Against Faraday, who was also Lord English aligned?

Indeed.
Why did you think he was scum?

That said, the Noir - Cheery Dog connection seems plausible when laid out like that.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by Porfervor »

i just iso'd malpa myself and look at this inconsistent bullshit

In post 637, malpascp wrote:I
SO Pasch and laugh. Please just do it.

unvote, Vote: Paschendale

In post 760, malpascp wrote:
Pasch replacing out is null.

Nacho stop sheeping.

DeasVail is toooown.

Anything else to be "obvyified"?

In post 1164, malpascp wrote:
Tazaro is always townish.
Nothing else happened and I'm sick.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4460615#p4460615]post 1 204[/url], malpascp wrote:Guys, lets get this straight.
Do you think Tazaro, not Pasch, just Tazaro, is scummy enough to get lynched? I know this is not the only thing to take into account, but it would be nice to know after all why people are going back to that wagon after it lost some steam when Pasch replaced out.

"Pasch is scum"
"No just kidding he's null"
"I lied again haha he's town"
"guys wtf he's town"

lynch harder
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1549, ζ wrote:Zdenek is also a possible scum candidate for the light greens, but malpascp must die first.

Why do you think I am scum?
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Porfervor »

good job squiggly line guy you've proven your worth and shown me the light

also i messed up that quote
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by Porfervor »

In post 1557, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1549, ζ wrote:Zdenek is also a possible scum candidate for the light greens, but malpascp must die first.

why the fuck do you care

should i respond to your attack back to me or did you just AtE like a bitch
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by ζ »

Post by post catchups are a classic scum tactic designed to show that you are supposedly attempting to scumhunt and work productively. They're the closest scum can get to a townie stream-of-consciousness style post, because they show the reasoning behind your reads.

However the reasoning is so weak, and the very nature of a chronological review means that scum can get away with making individual judgements on parts of the whole, and then literally adding the scumpoints and townpoints up to give an overall conclusion of the person's alignment.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1556, Porfervor wrote:i just iso'd malpa myself and look at this inconsistent bullshit

[...]

"Pasch is scum"
"No just kidding he's null"
"I lied again haha he's town"
"guys wtf he's town"

lynch harder

Yep.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1559, Porfervor wrote:

why the fuck do you care

should i respond to your attack back to me or did you just AtE like a bitch

I asked because I want an answer.

You should respond you dumb fuck.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by Porfervor »

YOU DUMB FUCK
YOU PIECE OF SHIT
DUMB FUCK EATER SHIT PIECE
IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by Zdenek »

One thing that I don't like about Malpa is his asking for the modkill on Buldermar. The only time I think I have ever done this was to a scum buddy because it feels like really safe distancing as scum.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by Porfervor »

soup im gonna get us modkilled this is what you get for not posting bitch

illl respond
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1563, Porfervor wrote:YOU DUMB FUCK
YOU PIECE OF SHIT
DUMB FUCK EATER SHIT PIECE
IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW

You call me a bitch and you expect me to respond politely to you?
lol no.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1564, Zdenek wrote:One thing that I don't like about Malpa is his asking for the modkill on Buldermar. The only time I think I have ever done this was to a scum buddy because it feels like really safe distancing as scum.

Do you realise how weak this is?

You're using meta where two players are both scum on two players who have both not flipped.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Porfervor »

What the fuck is this? I'm working to get through the thread. I'll follow up on things once I manage to read it through once and some sort of read on people, what needs to be questioned.

Now, what is this half of what I said do you have a problem with, what are the stupid comments and tell me, what intention are you ascribing to what I did because what I see from you here is mudslinging drivel.

you make it sound like a big deal then what you make it, it wasn;t just mudslinging drivel you literally dont have conclusions in your post and you were commenting on inane shit which i dont expect you to follow up on it came off to me as noob scum trying too hard to be town because frankly you didnt need to let me know your reads up until that point

what is your purpose behind the questions you are asking and what are you looking for out of them

i mean this in a way that affects your read on a slot that you referred them to
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Porfervor »

maybe soup should handle this tho im not an analytical type i just lynch scum soup is the one who gets down to the logic of things we make a good team only if that fucker didn't flake

also i swear a lot it makes me seem powerful, must be the gun
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1560, ζ wrote:

Post by post catchups are a classic scum tactic designed to show that you are supposedly attempting to scumhunt and work productively. They're the closest scum can get to a townie stream-of-consciousness style post, because they show the reasoning behind your reads.

However the reasoning is so weak, and the very nature of a chronological review means that scum can get away with making individual judgements on parts of the whole, and then literally adding the scumpoints and townpoints up to give an overall conclusion of the person's alignment.

Seriously?

I've never actually checked, but I am about 90% sure that catching up is not a scum-tell, and that it is a play-style thing.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by Porfervor »

sueriosly
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1567, ζ wrote:
In post 1564, Zdenek wrote:One thing that I don't like about Malpa is his asking for the modkill on Buldermar. The only time I think I have ever done this was to a scum buddy because it feels like really safe distancing as scum.

Do you realise how weak this is?

You're using meta where two players are both scum on two players who have both not flipped.

Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it bothers me. It also fits with my view that buldermar's scum claim could have been to protect Paschendale by distracting from his lynch. The timing of it was weird because there were other things to talk about, but he chose to be obnoxious.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1568, Porfervor wrote:
What the fuck is this? I'm working to get through the thread. I'll follow up on things once I manage to read it through once and some sort of read on people, what needs to be questioned.

Now, what is this half of what I said do you have a problem with, what are the stupid comments and tell me, what intention are you ascribing to what I did because what I see from you here is mudslinging drivel.

you make it sound like a big deal then what you make it, it wasn;t just mudslinging drivel you literally dont have conclusions in your post and you were commenting on inane shit which i dont expect you to follow up on it came off to me as noob scum trying too hard to be town because frankly you didnt need to let me know your reads up until that point

what is your purpose behind the questions you are asking and what are you looking for out of them

i mean this in a way that affects your read on a slot that you referred them to

If it wasn't mudslinging drivel, then what did you have a problem with? You said it was half of what I had to say, so it should be easy for you to find examples. Stating reads *is* stating conclusions. Giving reads is a positive thing. Frankly, your whole line of attack here is reads like reaching bs, you complain that I don't arrive at conclusions, you complain that I gave reads. It's fucking stupid.

I'm not explaining my purposes to you now. I can, but later.
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Sunshine and Rainbows »

ok
VOTE: mpalsadlapscascoasc