[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by nancy »

I'm fine with people taking as much time as they want to do things and everything contributing and doing all the responsible Town things I just feel extremely confident in my reads and there's only one slot that I have any desire at all to lynch today.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1574, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 1573, TesXX wrote:@BV what do you think about scum!Chronicle nokilling?
It's possible. If Chronicle couldn't decide whether or not to believe nancy's claim, then he'd be reluctant to shoot either me or nancy. If I get doc'd and track him, that would be an instant loss.
Why would a VT claim BP though? Why would doc not counterclaim?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1575, nancy wrote:I'm fine with people taking as much time as they want to do things and everyone contributing and doing all the responsible Town things I just feel extremely confident in my reads and there's only one slot that I have any desire at all to lynch today.
Edit.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1576, TesXX wrote:Why would a VT claim BP though? Why would doc not counterclaim?
There are circumstances in which a roleswap may happen if a VT is being very heavily Townread by the PR and the VT claims their role in a pro-town way but there are very rare.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Well then, I suppose one way to narrow down the possibilities would be to look at every read on Pine\Drixx, from every remaining player.
And sorry in advance, but I'm probably not even gonna be close to as active as I was on D1.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by nancy »

Essentially as a PR you don't want to instantly counterclaim in most circumstances because it can be valuable to see what the player will do with the claim and how others respond to the claim and determine from that whether or not it is pro-town to counterclaim and if the PR thinks that it isn't pro-town to counterclaim then they may decide not to.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

In post 1576, TesXX wrote:Why would a VT claim BP though? Why would doc not counterclaim?
Last possibility is of course that nancy is doc, pretending to be BP. There wouldn't be no conflict, because she has the role that needs to CC.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1581, StealthyNoodle wrote:
Last possibility is of course that nancy is doc, pretending to be BP. There wouldn't be no conflict, because she has the role that needs to CC.
I did theorize that.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1581, StealthyNoodle wrote:Last possibility is of course that nancy is doc, pretending to be BP. There wouldn't be no conflict, because she has the role that needs to CC.
Fortunately in this game that isn't the case because if it were then you saying so would be very anti-town and you would probably get yelled at for it.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^Actually, I find this most likely. It would explain why she was okay with "sacrificing" the tracker. It would also explain the "no kill", which was probably a kill aimed towards the tracker. In that case, I'd say Chron is out of the question.
I suppose I might be giving away valuable information here. Is that considered badplay, or is it fine considering we're trying to narrow down the possibilities?

pedit:
Well, now that it's out there...
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by nancy »

It's generally bad play to talk about PRs at all.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by nancy »

The only time you really discuss claims if you're trying to figure out whether or not a claim is by scum or Town and whether or not you need to lynch or leash or test the claim.
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

Right, I'll calm my noodles then.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by TesXX »

StealthyNoodle wrote:^Actually, I find this most likely. It would explain why she was okay with "sacrificing" the tracker. It would also explain the "no kill", which was probably a kill aimed towards the tracker. In that case, I'd say Chron is out of the question.
I suppose I might be giving away valuable information here. Is that considered badplay, or is it fine considering we're trying to narrow down the possibilities?
Stealthy you really need to reread this post and find the flaw in your reasoning :lol:
StealthyNoodle
StealthyNoodle
Goon
StealthyNoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by StealthyNoodle »

^I'm trying really hard. halp?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1589, StealthyNoodle wrote:^I'm trying really hard. halp?
I'll explain why it was bullcrap reasoning in the post game.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@TesXX, can you go over why you are scumreading Srceenplay? Which of WhyMafia and Srceenplay do you think is more likely to be scum and why?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by TesXX »

Some of Srceen's last few posts just haven't made sense.
In post 1483, Srceenplay wrote:I was sheeping nancy
He says he was sheeping nancy when he said:
Let's not over think this. Whymafia is the vote. No reason at all for it not to be.
but as I've explained, nancy wasn't voting WM at the time. And as WM pointed out, there's no reason to
purposely avoid explaining why to lynch him
In post 1497, Srceenplay wrote: Scum is not on the lynch. So it's down to whymafia chronicle Tess
His reasoning for this is:
I'm not saying it can't but saying it just doesn't happen.
He says scum
isn't
on the wagon and says scum is narrowed down to me, WM, and Chronicle even though he says himself that scum could bus, but it doesn't.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by TesXX »

I'm not sure who it is between {WM, Srceen} but I'm pretty sure it's one of them. I want to see Loop's opinion on all of this.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

So, why can't it be Loopdan, or StealthyNoodle bussing Pine's slot or Chronicle no killing because he thinks nancy is a doc who would protect me and is afraid that I might track him N1?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1594, BlackVoid wrote:So, why can't it be Loopdan, or StealthyNoodle bussing Pine's slot or Chronicle no killing because he thinks nancy is a doc who would protect me and is afraid that I might track him N1?
I am going to reread Loop's ISO tomorrow when I'm less tired. It could be him, but right now Srceen and WM have been acting scummy to me so Loop is sitting in the town by PoE zone. I'm pretty sure Noodle is town because Pine has a thing against bussing I believe. And I think Chronicle is town because of what the order of events would be after him nokilling would be.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm hesitant to take stuff like "X doesn't bus" at face value because it's situational and this could be the game in which they bus to throw off people who don't expect it. Especially since nancy knows Pine doesn't bus, why wouldn't he use that to his advantage this time?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I'd also like to know why you never put your vote down towards the end of day. You seemed to have Drixx as your preferred lynch but never actually voted him.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1597, BlackVoid wrote:I'd also like to know why you never put your vote down towards the end of day. You seemed to have Drixx as your preferred lynch but never actually voted him.
I was undecided on who to vote between him and WM
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

But you listed out in why Drixx was your preferred lynch and he also seemed more viable than WM. How come that didn't influence your choice?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”