Mini 113:Peril in Per-Djehuty (Game Over)

BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:43 am

Post by BlueSin »

well, nice speech meme. Yea, you can be innocent, everyone can be. I know I need to face responsible if you come out as a town after lynch. But I'm just voting the person that I find scummy and that's the mechanic of a mafia game.

I think I will just hold my vote since I don't see why people would want a quick lynch by adding more vote as the deadline has been lifted. That's called pressure, right, meme? And I believe it will stimulate something for sure. :wink:

Yea, part of the reason I voted meme is due to the deadline, but I think some pressure will do good. And I think meme really act differencely from other game this time, anyone agree with this? That may doesn't mean anything, but I find that scummy. One will become panic when facing a near-lynch situation, especially scum who enjoys the game more than town.
Why people always find me suspicous?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:54 am

Post by MeMe »

gashlycrumb wrote:MeMe just seems too vehement and lynch-happy to be a cop, to eager for blood, not only jumping on and off every bandwagon, but condemning everyone who votes for her in the event that she dies and turns up innocent. We can't really know. The mafia have an obvious advantage over the town in that they know who the other mafia are, and everyone else must be good. Those of us in the town haven't got that luxury, so I really can't know for sure that MeMe is scum, just that she seems to be acting like scum.
I can't unvote MeMe simply because MeMe doesn't want to be lynched, but if the town believes MeMe's claim and thinks she shouldn't be lynched, I'll cooperate. Anyone?
"Lynch-happy" and "eager for blood" "jumping on and off every bandwagon" "condemning everyone" - loaded words. If you'll notice, I get off a bandwagon whenever I see reason to do so...if I were truly eager for blood, I'd stick to it (kinda like you and mlaker & BlueSin are) rather than looking around for someone more plausible to vote.

Gashly, you don't need to unvote me because I don't "want to be lynched" -- because the fact is that I don't even
mind
dying...I'm just not about to do it without a fight. I've pointed out the suspicious behavior of those on my bandwagon because I'm doing my best for the town and I'm not going to die in vain without pointing out leads for the game's future. Sure,
most
can't know for sure I'll turn up innocent, but, once I do, I wanna make sure that those remaining know who to go after. If you're innocent, get off my bandwagon so it's not you in the noose tomorrow and the scum don't have an easy time of this game. If you're guilty, by all means, stay on. You can see that as condemning "everyone who votes for her" if you like -- but I'll point out that, although Argoti is very lurkily sticking to my wagon, I've asked the town to excuse him for now.

And how 'bout responding to the fact that you voted for me for lurking while you were doing it yourself MUCH more rampantly? I'd
love
to see some pressure put on you...if not today, then tomorrow is fine. I don't mind not being alive to enjoy it.
BlueSin wrote:I think I will just hold my vote since I don't see why people would want a quick lynch by adding more vote as the deadline has been lifted. That's called pressure, right, meme? And I believe it will stimulate something for sure.
How much more do you think you can squeeze out of me? I've defended myself, answered every accusation against me, been way more reasonable than you guys deserve...and still you say "act way more differencely"? Again, if I'm lynched, this will be the first time ever I've been so as an innocent. That deserves a bit of acting different, in my opinion. I'm incredulous at the fact that reason isn't sinking in for you all -- I've always prided myself that I'm impossible to lynch when I'm telling the truth. I've actually gone so far as to mark one of the players in this game onto my list of "people I will avoid playing with in future" (but only if that person ends up innocent) -- it's that bad. Yep. More frustrated than ever. Congratulations. After two years of online mafia I've finally broken.

FOS: BlueSin
vote stands on gashly, though. She knows what she's doing for sure.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:48 am

Post by gashlycrumb »

MeMe, I wasn't the one who came up with the idea that you were lurking, you announced it yourself. Posting was slow, and if I'd looked around and fingered you for lurking, that would've been hypocritical... but you announced you were going to lurk, and then stopped posting. It didn't take a great stretch of the imagination to say, "Hey, I think MeMe might be deliberately lurking."
You give me a lot of credit to say that I know what I'm doing "for sure." I don't know any more about you than anyone else does. I'm just a member of the town trying to find scum by looking for suspicious people, and you've seemed suspicious. It's no different from any other time anyone has ever voted for someone because they suspected that person of being scum, in any game in the history of mafia. I can't know who you are for sure, I'm in the dark like the rest of the town.
If my voting for you is really such an offensive and terrible thing that will sour you on mafia forever, then I'll unvote you.
unvote: MeMe

I will tentatively accept your cop claim. If you're telling the truth, I hope you'll act the part of cop better and provide us with helpful information. If you're scum, I really hope I haven't just blown it for the town.

P.S. How lucky to have never been lynched as an innocent. I'm jealous. The game stops being fun when you're killed and you can't play anymore.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

I think that MeMe = innocent (examine the extent and detail she defends herself with)

The claim of a mason can be dangerous. This is a possible good claim for the mafia if no mason group is in the game with the mafia verifying each other. If this happens and masons exist, the danger occurs for the real masons to come forth. It would reveal more innocents as has been discussed earlier in this game.

unvote: Narninian

vote: mlaker
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:48 am

Post by BlueSin »

unvote: MeMe

ok, meme had convinced me of her innocent state for now. Yea, it is possible for you to lose your cool head after being near-lynch and it might affect your fame as the never-been-lynch player...But what if it your fault that make the town vote for you. You don't think 4 of the person vote for you to break the record, do you? I think it's your early claim that you lose interest in this game and may post infrequently that active the town alarm system.

Some of the players aren't so active(or maybe I'm too active). Hope to hear from them soon. e.g. maverick.
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:20 am

Post by Argoti »

Unvote MeMe

Hmmmm....
The End is near? Meh.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 am

Post by Fuldu »

I usually don't have to do this for minis, but I was reading over the recent posts and saw gashlycrumb accept MeMe's claim of cop and I honestly couldn't remember ever having seen such a claim. When I went back and found it, it clicked, but I couldn't for the life of me remember it until then. So:

Claims thus far:
DP: Vig (confirmed by death)
Argoti: Doc
mlaker: Mason
MeMe: Cop

Unclaimed:
BeyondTheGame
big_kahunia
BlueSin
Fuldu
gashlycrumb
Maverick
Narninian
Uraj45

Doc choices: Night 1 - BlueSin
Cop choices: Night 1 - unrevealed

Given the confirmed existence of a vigilante, I think it's likely that there are two killing groups (mafia and SK, probably). The game would seem imbalanced otherwise. So, that suggests an increased likelihood that BlueSin was targeted last night and the kill failed (other explanations exist: roleblocker, failure to get choice in, additional doc). That in turn suggests a decreased likelihood that BlueSin is scum, since there is one killing group that he would then certainly not be part of. This isn't to say that he's innocent, just that if we're playing the odds, BlueSin isn't the way to go.

I agree with MeMe that gashlycrumb has been pushing against her unduly, but I think that's more likely to be a conflict of styles of play than anything else. I happen to think that, given the loud argument between MeMe and gashlycrumb over the past few days, the wisest thing scum could do would be to shut up and hope that one or the other gets lynched. So, both to prod and because I find his lurking increasingly suspicious,
vote: Maverick
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
BeyondTheGame
BeyondTheGame
Townie
BeyondTheGame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:42 pm

Post by BeyondTheGame »

Big Kahunia - perhaps we should let mlaker go for the time being... as if he is the Mason he claims to be... The Masons are most likely to verify this role.. then we can take it from there..

Fuldu - I agree with you.. Maverick hasn't said anywhere that he is going to be away or anything so.. perhaps this is a mere attempt to get himself out of the picture...
Vote: Maverick
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:58 pm

Post by BlueSin »

vote: Maverick.

i agree with Fuldu. he is the most suspicious right now. no reason to keep silent if he is town as that contribute nothing for town sake.
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by BlueSin »

P/s: I don't know maverick get the second vote from beyod when I voted maverick just now. I didn't refresh the page before posting my message. anyway, I will just leave my vote for now.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:38 am

Post by Thoth »

vote count:

Maverick 3 (Fuldu, BeyondTheGame, BlueSin)
MeMe 1 (mlaker)
Argoti 1 (Uraj45)
gashlycrumb 1 (MeMe)
mlaker 1 (big_kahunia)

Not voting: Narninian, Maverick, gashlycrumb, Argoti

6 to lynch

Mod Note: I'm travelling to Sweden tomorrow, making it unlikely that I access the site then. From monday onwards I have full access over there.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:11 am

Post by mlaker »

Unvote
I still think MeMe is very suspicious but apparently the town thinks she's innocent so she's still my main suspicion but I'll unvote for now.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:33 am

Post by big_kahunia »

hm. Not quite the reaction I was looking for, so
unvote: mlaker

I suppose we'll wait for Maverick. How are the storms over there? Is your computer back on track?
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:07 pm

Post by MeMe »

Alright: drumroll, please....I'm changing my vote.

unvote: gashlycrumb
vote: BlueSin

Now that I'm no longer about to be killed, I've had the luxury of plodding leisurely through the game. I still have an eye on gashly, but her forcefulness doesn't strike me nearly so odd as BlueSin's behavior. It started with placing the fourth vote on Argoti to force his claim...then when there's a three-person wagon on him he says he's going to claim and does so by saying "pro-town" (which, as gashly pointed out, is
not
a claim). Later he posts "Seems that one of Meme and gashly is scum" but that same rl day votes Maverick because he didn't want to vote gashly nor I because we could both be innocent, but he believes we're both not.

Now on to my drama (and I'll admit this is what made me look into BlueSin carefully in the first place): he places a fourth vote on me when it's obvious the tide is going against me and a deadline has been announced. I claim and he mocks me...I rant and wail and he leaves his vote where it is for pressure...and then suddenly, miraculously, I somehow managed to convince him of my innocence. Call me a skeptic, but I think it may have more to do with the fact that my wagon lost steam (and, incidentally, it's most vocal supporter: gashly) and staying there could have looked suspicious.

The Maverick vote/follow up only makes me more concerned about him...why bother explaining that you didn't see a second vote had been placed? He's obviously not worried about Mav
having
three votes or he'd have removed his...so he must be worried that he'll look suspicious for placing the third vote. Considering his earlier Argoti vote and his vote for me approaching a deadline, I think that his sudden concern seems rather disingenuous and, therefore, becomes another reason to vote him.

Oh - and I live in Mav's hometown. Weather's been delightful of late -- but I can't give you any news about his modem.
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:20 pm

Post by Argoti »

Seems as good as anything

Vote: BlueSin
The End is near? Meh.
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:30 pm

Post by BlueSin »

well, meme revenge? I can felt that you are working hard to find my suspicious behaviour.
back to the game, in the drama of meme, I unvote meme because I find her reason on being emotional quite believable as she never being bandwagon at day 1 before. and she had explained almost everything that people used to accuse her. This is quite strange too. I save meme from lynch and then 'it' backfire. Now I felt I have did the stupid thing. Well, part of the reason i unvote is the bandwagon lose its point cause meme had explain almost everything. Hm..I doubt people will unvote to avoid being suspicious. I can just hold the vote and lurking and i think town will end the day by lynching meme, but i didn't do that. well, meme voting u is suspicous, unvoting u also appear scummy...

Maverick bandwagon...Town role is to help and make sure he is not bandwagon by mafia with stupid reason. So I try to explain when I found out that I have placed the third vote. People called this suspicious normally. I didn't unvote because maverick is scummy. Yea, i'm worried that I appeared suspicious and become another mafia victim in crap logic, that is scummy? I don't mind a cop investigate me tonight.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:39 am

Post by MeMe »

BlueSin wrote:I unvote meme because I find her reason on being emotional quite believable as she never being bandwagon at day 1 before. and she had explained almost everything that people used to accuse her.
But I'd said that same thing here
MeMe on June 22, 63 hours before BlueSin unvoted, wrote:I'm frankly flabbergasted that I'm this close to being lynched. If it happens, it will be my first time ever lynched when I have an innocent role.
Your two posts that came after this and before your unvote seemed to consider it more laughable than convincing. My point is that you only said I'd convinced you when my bandwagon fizzled -- making it seem that it wasn't
me
who'd changed your mind but the fact that your vote on me no longer enjoyed firm support.
BlueSin wrote:I save meme from lynch and then 'it' backfire. Now I felt I have did the stupid thing.
And listen up, Superman. You didn't save me from the lynch -- but you
did
almost cause it. You were the fourth person to vote me near deadline and didn't
un
vote me until both Fuldu and gashly did. You didn't argue on my behalf or give me the benefit of the doubt...you were quite willing to see me swing. So, claiming to be my savior is rather ridiculous.

FOS: Maverick
I'm starting to think that the modem excuse could be kind of convenient. If he can't post, he should be replaced.

And one more little note because I'm anal...I just want to say that I
know
how to spell the possessive form of "it" and as it's one of my pet peeves (along with the common your & you're/to & too/there & their misuses) I hate that I put an apostrophe in my earlier post. I guess I was so intent on getting my url tags right that I didn't proof the body well.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:48 am

Post by MeMe »

~taps microphone~

Is this thing on?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:07 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'm still here, but I've seen nothing yet to convince me to change my vote. Can we get a mod prod on Maverick?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:19 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Not quite sure what to do now after the ping-pong game of Bluesin and MeMe.

As for Maverick--if he doesn't post by Tuesday night, I recommend he be replaced since he has not answered anyone's call.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:50 pm

Post by Maverick »

Sorry everyone.. I have still been here, I just have nothing to contribute to.. I havn't posted in a while, but I have been reading things and keeping up with things.. I havn't checked in a couple days, but I have only missed 7 posts.. I did miss people telling me I needed to post though, so for that I apologize.. I'll try to check it more often now, and post even when I don't have anything to add..
BeyondtheGame said:

Maverick hasn't said anywhere that he is going to be away or anything so.. perhaps this is a mere attempt to get himself out of the picture...
I think I have played this game enough times to know that if I don't post for a while, people will think I'm lurking and start to vote for me.. Not only because they think it's suspicious, but also because it's not doing any good for the town.. So why not get rid of them.. I'm not dumb enough to lurk to get myself 'out of the picture'..

Anyways I don't really find anyone suspicious right now.. I'll have to re-read things.. I'll post some more things later if I find anything..

*Maverick*
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:10 am

Post by Thoth »

vote count:

Maverick 3 (Fuldu, BeyondTheGame, BlueSin)
BlueSin 2 (MeMe, Argoti)
Argoti 1 (Uraj45)

Not voting: Narninian, Maverick, gashlycrumb, big_kahunia, mlaker

As discussion is winding down again and the day has lasted quite long already I'm setting a new deadline at
Friday 6AM EST
. It's unlikely that this deadline will be lifted.

6 to lynch
3 to lynch at deadline. On a tie the player reaching this number first is lynched.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:09 am

Post by mlaker »

I won't vote for Maverick because no offense but this is kind of like what he does in all his other games, and I've played Mafia with him in real life and he does this same thing so this is normal Maverick playing style it seems to me.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:11 am

Post by Narninian »

I would normally find Bluesin a little suspicious (using MeMe's logic) but I often find bluesin suspcious when he really isnt - its just his way of playing.
The extra in is for /in
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:50 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, I'm fine with having Maverick die at deadline -- he certainly seems unwilling to help and the "that's just his style" excuse doesn't do anything for me except to make me think that he probably shouldn't bother signing up for any more games. If Maverick turns up guilty, I'll be wondering why mlaker felt the need to provide him with a defense, weak as it was.

Still, I'm keeping my vote on Blue.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”