I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:01 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1598, Junpei wrote:Alright: No one unvote from the Sinestro wagon, and no one vote Sinestro. MoI should be responding today.

Why should no one unvote? We are at L-1 with an apparent secret vote out there and Toogeloo itching to be the hammer.
I suggest one person unvote today

Also, any concerns from you on Toogeloo twice suggesting to be the hammer D2?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:03 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1597, The Eruci wrote:
Other notes:
Beginning replacement search for popsofctown.
My connection issues have been resolved.

Does this mean you have a replacement for EC? If not, EC will be replaced first, correct?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
FourseenCircumstance
FourseenCircumstance
Goon
FourseenCircumstance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 am

Post by FourseenCircumstance »

we shouldnt unvote because 1) it takes pressure off 2) it will narrow down where this mysterious 9th vote is coming from.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

You think a mysterious unclaimed extra vote... is probably coming from town? II don't think so.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Kdub »

I'm here. Sorry for my unannounced absence, but I guess that was true for most people anyway over the weekend.

If you look at the last couple vote counts, it's pretty clear that the extra vote is a secret vote, not that somebody has a double vote.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1596, I Am Innocent wrote:You know the rules in Set x01 had a condition for the SK that when he killed someone (aka was the hammer vote), he got that persons' abilities?So the fact your last two posts are offering to hammer, as well as you are my #2 suspect right now behind Sinestro, I emphatically want you not to be the hammer.

If you think Sinestro is SK, and even remotely consider him to have the a Bomb ability, you would be killing off two birds with one stone if you think I am scum.

I will be doing the hammering, I am just waiting for everyone to have their say before I do.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well let’s please wait as long as possible to hammer Sinestro so kunkstar can have as much time to gather EC and Pops replacements.

--

Toog wrote:For someone who makes no assumptions about the game, you make a lot of assumptions that scum can't pass abilities to each other via some other method.

My assumption here is based on the first game where a skill similar to the one you claimed to have N1 existed and was the only way for scum to circumvent the standard passing set-up. The set-up is fairly open and a non-passable ability for Mafia to hoard abilities for themselves would be pretty unbalancing.

Nice again to try to asset that my keeping an open mind on something that is hidden (exact number of scum factions) is inconsistent with using knowledge that relates to the Mod publicly disclosed facts of the set-up and the full knowledge of the prior game.

Toog wrote:My reads are independent of each other. Not all 6 people I have named as scum are going to flip that way, I am not that savant-like. Reads change as the game progresses. For now though, I can safely say that Junpei, Warrior, and wazzatron/IAI were not on the Stringer vote train. You were third, which is the ample point to put a bus vote down. PV is more gut because of Junpei's comment, and as I mentioned before Bunny is a read slipping away simply because of a comment she made on Day 1.

So basically everyone on your list could be scum and Stringer’s flip adds nothing to the mix. Noted.

--

Iam wrote:*** Re: the neighborizer, I did not have this ability last game, so I am wondering if the person who gets it can keep his identity hidden from the rest of the players in the QT. For instance, if the person Junpei passes to doesn't post in the QT, would MOI not know who has it D3? Or does the mod announce in the QT who gets to join. Would be nice to keep that hidden to everybody but the recent passer/passee...(the less people that know the less likely scum will intentionally kill the person who has it.)

I looked back – kunkstar does post anything in regards to the members of the Neighborhood so said recipient could hide his identity via Pseudonym or by not directly posting there.

--

Ghostlin - is a prime example of why I find you scummy. You are unwilling to commit to whether the offense you claim I committed actually comes from scum-MoI or not. There’s weasel-wording language (specifically you use ‘worried’ multiple times) that softly can be used to indicate suspicion after the fact but can also be hand-waved away as “not actually calling MoI” scum if you need to later.

--

RedCoyote wrote:Why are you delibrately being stubborn? I'm talking about the Furcolow lynch, not the nopoint lynch. Posts 1150,1200, and 1284 were full of your whining about how Furcolow was so obvious town and that makes Ghostlin scum. Whatever you said prior to D2 is redudant because that was before the flip.

Why are you deliberately being stubborn yourself? I don’t care if you disregard what happened before Day 2 and what happened before the end of Day 1. It’s relevant to gameplay you your continual need to ignore it isn’t helping our back an forth.

RedCoyote wrote:Post 1171.

Yeah, I see that post. I don’t see any clear and convincing case that says “Hey, this is clearly scum motivated play”.

RedCoyote wrote:I wanted to respond to this as well. Of this group, I think FC, chkflip, and possibly warrior are our best shots at nabbing scum. That said, I wouldn't be sad to lose any of these people except possibly EC. I would like to read more of what EC's replacement has for us because I'm not convinced he was avoiding giving content.

For future referential tells – RC specifically doesn’t want EC dead, would like FC, chkflip and Warrior dead, and takes a middle of the road approach on Bunny, Spring, Sinestro (lulz, confirmed scum via claim before this post) and projectmatt.

--

SlySly wrote:That's not quite what I am saying, entertaining twist though. Thx!

The thought that Junpei may not be a liar lasted for the duration of the 2 sequential posts of mine that you called fluff. In the post immediately following, Junpei reaffirms he is a liar. My pedit in the next post confirms I have retained my original position that Junpei is a liar. As I've already stated, I still haven't put Junpei in my town list.

I was in favor of a Junpei lynch during the time of SB and NP lynching/vigging wagons. By the time it became obvious to me that the Junpei lynch was a worthless D1 cause, NP was dead and the reasonless (with the exception of you) Ghostlin wagon was well underway.

Ok, so you were generally in favor of a Junpei lynch for the duration of the time that wagon was competing with Stringer-scum for prominence. But you strongly object to me putting you in my suspect pool because you disagree with the specific label of the group I am sorting you in.

End result – no change in why I put you in that pool. Label the pool whatever you wish – you were in favor of a counter wagon at the timeframe in question and not in favor of a Stringer lynch.

--

I’m going to comment on anything I think relevant from Junpei’s case. Anything I don’t comment on should be considered something Junpei is just grabbed in an attempt to ‘concoct’ his case after he ‘discovered’ his damning scum-slip. For example – anything that has the word ‘twisting’ is probably going to fall into this category. I don’t consider anything in the category anything other than fluff padding.

Junpei wrote: Right off the bat, says we have two scum teams. NOTE: I believe that MoI is in one of at least 2 scum teams :NOTE. There really isn't any reason to suspect this because he doesn't consider abilities/poison already going to hurt 'the plan', he immediately jumps to the conclusion of multi-scum teams. As MoI says later in the game, scum should know if there are multiple teams based on their numbers.

Or I have experience from the first game that indicates that two Mafia factions are likely. But note that Junpei didn’t have any problem with this up until his discovery. So this is after the fact retrofitting.

Junpei wrote:So, caught in his lie MoI says that Crypto is always going to be just like scum, but he's town. I can't make this stuff up folks; MoI thinks that Crypto purposefully was trying to emulate scum play which was why he thought he was scum.

Actually you did a great job making it up Junpei. Congrats. Anyone – go read

There I specifically say that Crypto has adopted a playstyle where regardless of his alignment you goes out of the way to play in a scummy / anti-Town manner (aka Fate-style). No-where in that post do I call him Town as Junpei asserts here. And note that Crypto himself specifically agrees with my assessment in his early post HERE.

So much for the grand ‘lie’ here.

Junpei wrote:Wait, in this post he says that he has no evidence that Crypto is a VI and not scum. But he said that Crypto wasn't scum, just bad earlier. Contradictionsss

But, of course, I’ve already shown how I never called Cypto Town so this ‘contradiction’ really isn’t anything other than a further mistake by Junpei. Again let’s read . It’s in specific response to Junpei in the middle of the post where I differentiate Crypto from Fourseen in saying one is a clear VI (Fourseen) and one is not. Being capable of better play does not equal Town. :roll:

Junpei wrote:Also; MoI defends me a lot, which really felt like buddying to me then and now. I think he was preparing for the moment he would enlist me in the neighborhood, and try to win me over, knowing I'm a vocal player.

Note the lack of context in this attack compared to the his “MoI is in one of at least two scum teams” above … buddying is when a scum player tries to make connections to Town. In the case he is arguing I couldn’t know Junpei was Town.

As to worrying about 'Winning you over' that I do find amusing. Had I really wanted to find someone to buddy to I would have chosen someone who has a strong reputation like Kdub or the late DGB.

Junpei wrote:MoI tells Magister Ludi (in 2) that he isn't pushing scum reads by just saying "lets get this wagon going" or things similar. It's funny because later he accuses SlySly of pushing my wagon despite saying at most those things, if not less.

Please continue to push the “semantics argument” that I’ve had with SlySly. Again – his position on a counterwagon to scum-Stringer during the period in question makes him a possible partner in my analysis regardless of whether he was actively cheerleading the wagon.

As to his ‘slip’ from the QT –

He absolutely copy / pasted my post word for word from the QT. That is without dispute. His “oops I paraphrased at later statement was an attempt to hope I would alter my original post in an effort to ‘keep him in the game’ after the fact when he thought his post might be Modkill worthy. Not sure why he would think I would do that but that’s why he made that post per his QT comments.

The next person in the QT can confirm this.

Regardless I completely dispute his assessment of the context. Junpei was basically stating that Warrior MUST be Stringer’s partner in the QT. That post in question was to demonstrate ways that Warrior could be either Town or scum not aligned with Stringer.

The next person in the QT can also confirm that I have asserted that there.

Summary
– My position on Junpei hasn’t changed. He’s not going to be Stringer’s partner and is more likely to be bad Town than scum for the opposing fashion. Keep this in mind whenever you see my alignment.

Oh, and while we are on the topic –

Junpei wrote: Our warrior discussion is really a gametheory discussion. Is that the topic that you want to be posted of?

Whut? It’s really a gametheory discussion? That’s pretty inconsistent with your opinion that “Lulz, this is a huge scum-slip”.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 am

Post by chkflip »

Holy super-behind-after-V/LA, Batman! I'm super behind!

Catching up.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Junpei »

First off, YOU were the one who told me IN THE QT that it could be against the rules (ergo modkillable). Little did I know that you made that rule up, as it did not exist, and I later PMed the mod about it.

EVERYONE NOTICE THAT MOI CREDITS THAT HE SAID THAT ALL SPECULATION ABOUT SPECIFIC SCUM TEAMS SHOULD BE SHELVED UNTIL NIGHT 2, BUT THEN NOW SAYS THAT HE WAS SPECULATING WHEREIN WARRIOR IS SCUM WITHOUT STRINGER

He can argue all he wants that he was purposefully excluding that warrior could be scum with stringer because I purposed earlier, but there are a few problems:

1) I ALSO theorized that warrior could be scum, so the inclusion of a town possibility at all would be out of place.

2) His wording doesn't come off like that at all. He is reforming his points after the fact to fit the mold. He never says that he is only doing those scenarios, and I fail to see how he implied it.

I can respond to the rest (although MoI cherry picked his responses.. no surprise there) if needed, but honestly the slip is all we need to convict.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1605, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1596, I Am Innocent wrote:You know the rules in Set x01 had a condition for the SK that when he killed someone (aka was the hammer vote), he got that persons' abilities?So the fact your last two posts are offering to hammer, as well as you are my #2 suspect right now behind Sinestro, I emphatically want you not to be the hammer.

If you think Sinestro is SK, and even remotely consider him to have the a Bomb ability, you would be killing off two birds with one stone if you think I am scum.

I will be doing the hammering, I am just waiting for everyone to have their say before I do.

3rd time you said you will be doing the hammering. Would you object to letting someone else do the hammering? Are you so intent on doing it yourself you will not listen otherwise???

As for the Bomb, yeah, I didn't buy that little bit at all. I think it much more likely that scum can steal abilities when doing the hammering themself, so I would rather someone else do the hammering if you don't mind...

PS - If the neighborizer survives N2, I suggest the player who gets it D3 does not post until D4. An alias like "D3 Player" could be in order, but post style could let it slip who you are, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you get it D3 and you do feel the need to post, use "D3 Player" in the QT and please disguise your posting and post as little as possible.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Junpei »

Well in my perfect world I would post a basic encryption in the thread for the poster to use when trying to talk in the QT and go under "D3 player", but I doubt you guys would get on board with that.

Also, on reflection, I think it is important to implore all avenues of thought with the MoI case, so when I have time, I will review all his responses.

Toog, if you do not object, I would like to hammer when the time comes.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@MoI- maybe I missed it in your reply, but what were your reasons for choosing Junpei to neighborize?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

@Junpei: When did the MoI slip happen in the QT?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Junpei »

The 22nd of November (keeping in mind I live in America) is when I believe MoI slipped. We proceeded to argue about it the rest of 22nd and the 23rd as well. After that it turned into ad hom and ego attacks, well that and MoI refuses to answer a legitimate scumhunting question. MoIs' demeanor change was rapid after I accused him confidently as scum.

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

What was the reason for waiting 3 days later to post the slip?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Junpei »

Wanted to fully investigate MoI, and that took me a while.

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Honestly, if you guys don't want me to hammer, that's fine. I was offering because *if* Sinestro was a bomb, it will quell whatever highly exaggerated intent of my postings there has been.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1606, MagnaofIllusion wrote:My assumption here is based on the first game where a skill similar to the one you claimed to have N1 existed and was the only way for scum to circumvent the standard passing set-up. The set-up is fairly open and a non-passable ability for Mafia to hoard abilities for themselves would be pretty unbalancing.

So curiously, I think you believe I am scum with Sinestro if two teams exist, am I right? If I passed my ability to DGB, and Sinestro shot him, what gain is that for a scum team? This also doesn't explain why you are so adamant to make no assumption of a single team and an SK when you keep using the first game as a basis for all your other assumptions, which had only a single team and an SK.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1587, Junpei wrote:You want the entirety of our conversation minus anything I deem not suitable to out? I may have to paraphrase as per the rules, but looking at the rules... I actually don't see anything prohibiting quoting of a quicktopic. I'll wait for the mod to confirm this, I sent him a PM.

Our warrior discussion is really a gametheory discussion. Is that the topic that you want to be posted of?

If you have mod confirmation I'd like you or MoI to post the discussion because it's hard to form any opinion right now. You both and MoI are basically argumenting over a source material that is not provided.

MoI are you against that?

Other than that I think we should just wait for the replacements then wait for the flip.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”