Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1600, Kirari Momobami wrote:Pink floof what did you think of 1597?
They are both wrong and it's a discussion that ultimately doesn't matter at all
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:02 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1598, Kirari Momobami wrote:Elsa, sausage just said you haven't done anything scummy. You gonna take that from him?
I looked through his ISO again, just to check, and I’m still not seeing anything. If I’m missing something, just say, but I’m still hard townreading him.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

"If I'm replacing in as town and am the leading wagon then I might be the counterwagon to scum" isn't as wild a thought as you make it seem, although it does happen to mirror wolfy survivalism so I don't really know why amrun is choosing one interpretation over the other unless she strongly feels titus is town for other reasons
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 1604, Weiss Schnee wrote:"If I'm replacing in as town and am the leading wagon then I might be the counterwagon to scum" isn't as wild a thought as you make it seem, although it does happen to mirror wolfy survivalism so I don't really know why amrun is choosing one interpretation over the other unless she strongly feels titus is town for other reasons
Gdi I swore I switched that time
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:09 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1451, Nero Cain wrote:if they are happy and comfortable in the current game state they don't want it t change. I don't think that's something a town 2011 join date asks.
And how do you know scum are comfortable with the current gamestate?
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:10 am

In post 1602, Pink Ball wrote:
When does town argue "one scumteam's goal is to eliminate the other scumteam" in multiball? That feels like scum positioning
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:12 am

Why would it make sense for scum to try and pocket someone when their goal is to eliminate the other scum team?
Like just this sentence

VOTE: aaronfrost
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 am

Scum isn't gonna try to pocket anyone this game huh aaron?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1580, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1578, SausasaurusRex wrote:But currently, unless someone does somethig
stupid
, I will vote Tictac.
SCUM
A townie would say unless someone does something scummy; but not stupid.
That`s a slip up
VOTE: SausasaurusRex
Stupid holds more weight day 1 then scummy tbh.
In post 1594, SausasaurusRex wrote:I just get a towny vibe from them. They make insightful reads and arguments, and they don’t appear to have done anything scummy. Whilst you can’t see it, me and Elsa Jay are in a neighbourhood together. None of us have put much in their, but Elsa asks useful questions and makes statements that may not be immediately obvious, it appears as though she’s looking for information, which is always a towny thing to do, as scum knows everyone else alignment anyway. They know who they cannot kill, whereas town is forced to search for information.
Your making me blush.
In post 1598, Kirari Momobami wrote:Elsa, sausage just said you haven't done anything scummy. You gonna take that from him?
I like being able to be townread. Atleast that means I'm probably shot earlier and outta this game then.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:15 am

Post by dsjstr »

In post 1578, SausasaurusRex wrote:Sorry, I was gone for a little while. I had thought the reasoning for my vote was obvious, but it appears not. Whilst I am certainly not newbie scum, I am newbie large. I have never before played in a game with over 13 people, and I'm finding it very hard to keep track. I'm struggling with keeping track of everything everyone's saying, but what I can do is have townreads. Whilst I might not be insightful enough to draw my own conclusions, (at least at this stage, once we get more information I promise I'm better), I felt that I could have certain townreads that I trust. They are yet to do anything I have seen as scummy, and so I trust them to put their vote in the right place. Therefore, I followed their conclusions and voted as they did. Please note that this is not sheeping. Sheeping is voting the wagon with the most votes. What I am doing is voting the person that my townreads vote, and also making sure their reasoning doesn't seem illogical before I do so.
Now, about what TheFonz said about me being scum. TheFonz has never before played with me, and so I don't blame him for his lack of knowledge about me. But no matter my alignment, I am always self-conscious. Put it this way: I know that I am definitely town. It is impossible for me to be wrong about this. Therefore, if I get myself lynched, I am helping the anti-town aligned players. Therefore, I should try my hardest not to seem scummy, as that helps me not get lynched. I know this holds for any alignment, but, if you wish, you can look at my meta to see I am always like this.
When I said that Tictac is the person to vote now, that was because new information may arise. It may turn out that Tictac is town, in which case Tictac was not the right lynch. But currently, unless someone does somethig stupid, I will vote Tictac.
TheFonz also says that I seem unused to being scum. However, I argue that, were I scum, I would have had 5 others to help me. If I were the player that is aligned with only himself (I don't know what alignment this is called, so I'm going to refer to it as the one-man), then I would certainly have remained quieter. There was no reason for one-man me to vote someone, as I don't care who is lynched, provided it is not me. I would have simply asked questions and appeared to be thinking about it, whilst I waited for everyone else to lynch themselves.
Can someone translate this, it hurts my eyes to look at it
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:16 am

He said he's not scum with fonz now vote aaron
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:17 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 1604, Weiss Schnee wrote:"If I'm replacing in as town and am the leading wagon then I might be the counterwagon to scum" isn't as wild a thought as you make it seem, although it does happen to mirror wolfy survivalism so I don't really know why amrun is choosing one interpretation over the other unless she strongly feels titus is town for other reasons
Bingo. Why is she that confident in Titus town?

And it’s not a wild thought. It’s an insane thought.

In a game where town are uninformed, interpretations like Nero’s are the more townier ones. Town have to scum hunt. Amrun’s interpretation there is ridiculous if it comes from an uninformed PoV. Even if she town read her, I doubt she’d go such great lengths of thoughts to explain why that action comes from town!Titus.

She justified it as a counter to Nero’s accusation, it wasn’t even something picked up on the go. You need to have a high confidence read on someone in order to twist your mind like that, fall into wifom assumptions and come up even half as confident as Amrun looked stating that now.

It’s mind boggling.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:17 am

Elsa you know simply flipping things I said about your scumgame will not make me townread you :P
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1609, Kirari Momobami wrote:Scum isn't gonna try to pocket anyone this game huh aaron?
Because scum don't know who's town or who's scum? They only know the people on their own team. They have 6 other scum plus a serial killer in addition to town to worry about.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 am

It's a fair point somni although I thought she was town off tone earlier so I'll have to reread, can I get your perspective on aaron because he smells like a good lynch to me right now
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 am

Post by dsjstr »

In post 1560, Drixx wrote:
In post 1550, Titus wrote:Drixx do you see a possible faction in Nero tictac and Black Ranger KM? Do you see any of the four being linked as one faction or is that too convenient? They could defend each other solely because they are useful and I could just be annoyed.
It would be monumentally bad play.

BR and Nero can be linked but that's more because BR felt the best thing he could do with his time was give a really weird defense of NC's playstyle.
I'd like to hear more from BR about this, hard to get the full story when only hearing from one persons perspective.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 am

Post by profii »

In post 1607, Kirari Momobami wrote:
When does town argue "one scumteam's goal is to eliminate the other scumteam" in multiball? That feels like scum positioning
It's easy to get into Utopian scenarios where we theorise that scum want to identify all bar 1 of the other scum team to prolong the extra night kill but I'm sure 99 times out of 100 it doesnt happen

I think a fairly natural thought is "in a game that is typically the informed vs the uninformed, the semi informed scum would probably find it advantageous to identify all the other scums as a starter for 10"

I feel like you are going against the grain intentionally here
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:20 am

Post by AaronFrost »

How is that scum positioning? That's literally a fact
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:20 am

In post 1615, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1609, Kirari Momobami wrote:Scum isn't gonna try to pocket anyone this game huh aaron?
Because scum don't know who's town or who's scum? They only know the people on their own team. They have 6 other scum plus a serial killer in addition to town to worry about.
This reads to me like scum explaining why they're not trying to pocket people
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:20 am

Post by insomnia »

Yeah I’ll read some posts in a bit maybe i can get on pc
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 am

Post by insomnia »

Anything in particular that you want my thought on or
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 am

In post 1618, profii wrote:
It's easy to get into Utopian scenarios where we theorise that scum want to identify all bar 1 of the other scum team to prolong the extra night kill but I'm sure 99 times out of 100 it doesnt happen

I think a fairly natural thought is "in a game that is typically the informed vs the uninformed, the semi informed scum would probably find it advantageous to identify all the other scums as a starter for 10"

I feel like you are going against the grain intentionally here
I could also lynch profii if we want to go back to that too

13 scum is stupid
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 am

Post by profii »

In post 1613, insomnia wrote:
Bingo. Why is she that confident in Titus town?

And it’s not a wild thought. It’s an insane thought.

In a game where town are uninformed, interpretations like Nero’s are the more townier ones. Town have to scum hunt. Amrun’s interpretation there is ridiculous if it comes from an uninformed PoV. Even if she town read her, I doubt she’d go such great lengths of thoughts to explain why that action comes from town!Titus.

She justified it as a counter to Nero’s accusation, it wasn’t even something picked up on the go. You need to have a high confidence read on someone in order to twist your mind like that, fall into wifom assumptions and come up even half as confident as Amrun looked stating that now.

It’s mind boggling.
I dont think its mind boggling for amrun to empathise with Titus position in the game and thus for amrun to think about how titus is seeing the world

Bearing in mind Titus position is "I know I'm town so why are these wagons forming around me"

I dont see amrun as saying "im confident Titus is town and agreeing with her"

I do see amrun as saying "Titus is asserting she is town and making the following conclusions...."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”