Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

You thought I phoned in my scum games...? What? Besides geriatric (which was a combination of IRL and being irrationally mentally restricted by the post cap) I don't think I've had even bad scum performances. Pokemon my play wasn't great but only reason I ended up limmed when I did was cause I got cop checked
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1659, fireisredsir wrote:you're right my bad, it wasn't a 100% exact match, it's really unfortunate that my entire point rested on the games being exactly the same and not that they were just examples to support a general point about your approach and attitude in games

but luckily i found a better scum game that matches the circumstances much more closely:

viewtopic.php?p=13394870&user_select%5B ... #p13394870
Also can someone double check if Fire does this kind of snark as town. I don't recall it but I don't have time right now to comb through past games
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Val89 »

Dwlee, can you give me a quick paraphrase of what you think Cakez reasoning on Dunn actually is?

One of the issues I have with SirCakez is I thought the way he treated pushing Dunn on D1 was worth at least an eyebrow raise ("dunn is scum because meta", "prove it", "I could easily", "go on then", "actually, I have different reasons now", etc).

I don't feel like I have a good reason to townread Dunn, and it is true that I would consider SirCakez most likley town on a scum!Dunn flip (and vice versa), but it's my belief that of the two, SirCakez is more likely to be scum. I don't know how I ought be reading you currently either, so if you are saying Cakez has convinced you Dunn is a good wagon here, helping me understand why might help me with both objectives.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1662, Dwlee99 wrote:Are the only posts fire has made about or in response to dunn. Feel like fire is just trying to push me without actually engaging with the Dunn wagon, and his posts about Dunn consist of things like "teehee what if I townread dunn for a bad reason"
In post 1668, Dwlee99 wrote:Anyway I'd expect you to talk about Dunn cause I'm pretty sure he's the other main wagon rn so if you want to convince people voting Dunn to vote me you should engage with why they think dunn is scum and then convince them I'm more likely instead
these are different things, no?

talking about dunn vs talking to the dunn voters to convince then that you're scum

i mean maybe i misunderstood the original point but in that case i just don't think the original point is valid, idk why linking my posts about dunn is relevant when you're saying i should be talking to the dunn voters about you
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

About Dunn or to Dunn. If you're talking to dunn voters about the Dunn wagon and why you think the dwlee wagon is better, then you would have to mention Dunn. So that would be about dunn still
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1677, Val89 wrote:Dwlee, can you give me a quick paraphrase of what you think Cakez reasoning on Dunn actually is?

One of the issues I have with SirCakez is I thought the way he treated pushing Dunn on D1 was worth at least an eyebrow raise ("dunn is scum because meta", "prove it", "I could easily", "go on then", "actually, I have different reasons now", etc).

I don't feel like I have a good reason to townread Dunn, and it is true that I would consider SirCakez most likley town on a scum!Dunn flip (and vice versa), but it's my belief that of the two, SirCakez is more likely to be scum. I don't know how I ought be reading you currently either, so if you are saying Cakez has convinced you Dunn is a good wagon here, helping me understand why might help me with both objectives.
Cakez point about Dunn is that Dunn had an OMGUS and derisive reaction to the push on him. This checks out across CONTROL where Dunn did it to Noraa (as The Three Bears hydra) pushing him
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Also fire if you have a post where you interact with the Dunn wagon without talking about Dunn at all then I'll look at it, but otherwise your point is meaningless because you won't have reached the new checkmark you claim should matter instead of what I'm pointing out
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:23 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1679, Dwlee99 wrote:About Dunn or to Dunn. If you're talking to dunn voters about the Dunn wagon and why you think the dwlee wagon is better, then you would have to mention Dunn. So that would be about dunn still
okay, idk i think i wouldn't really be tearing down their dunn suspicions bc why would i do that? i would just be explaining to them why i think you're scum

and yes i haven't really done that yet as far as i remember bc i haven't really had any dunn voters to talk to since it became clear those were the two main wagons, which i think was just last night. it feels like you're expecting something that there just isn't really any rational reason why it would exist given the context of the game and how it's progressed, which makes me think it's just a made up reason to try to discredit

i feel like you've played with me enough to know that im not really the kind of person to strongarm people into voting my scumread and tell them that my scumread is more valid than theirs. i kinda really hate doing that. the only time i can ever recall doing that is when i had a guilty
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yea so you wouldn't strongarm you'd be seeking reconciliation. No I don't have the complete timeline, if it's only been 12 hours then yea sure but I see 400 post gap between now and your last thing about Dunn before this conversation and I raises red flags for me when I'm thinking about who could be partnered with him
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Also just gonna point out I think now you're moving the goalposts. (How exciting!) because your complaint was "it shouldn't matter that I wasn't talking about Dunn if I'm engaging with his voters" but now it's "it shouldn't matter that I'm not engaging with his voters because there hasn't been time to"
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1680, Dwlee99 wrote:Cakez point about Dunn is that Dunn had an OMGUS and derisive reaction to the push on him. This checks out across CONTROL where Dunn did it to Noraa (as The Three Bears hydra) pushing him
I was in the process of writing a post in reply about how I thought the derisive reaction to the push was basically Dunn asking SirCakez to come up with the receipts, and Cakez basically being unable and saying instead "I have different reasons now"; but when I've hit the ISO to give examples and re-read, I think I might have misunderstood the point myself.

I will look again.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:37 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1684, Dwlee99 wrote:Also just gonna point out I think now you're moving the goalposts. (How exciting!) because your complaint was "it shouldn't matter that I wasn't talking about Dunn if I'm engaging with his voters" but now it's "it shouldn't matter that I'm not engaging with his voters because there hasn't been time to"
thats because i was more interested in how i felt your point was not logically sound than about how it didn't necessarily apply bc the way in which you make the point is more relevant to your alignment and i care more about sorting you than defending myself
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What did you get out of it on that front
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

not a ton tbh, im still not really convinced you believe it to be a good point that applies to the current situation but i can at least see a world where you could see it as a valid one

i don't think its like an especially towny reaction overall but at least you seem to somewhat have a read now
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Val89 »

@Dwlee; I'm looking at the combined ISO for Arcade Pals and The Three Bears, and I'm not seeing this derisive OMGUS you described. Looks to me like Dunn was voting the hydra well before the reverse, and Noraa (baby bear?) didn't have a lot to say on him or Arcade, but it's a huge game to sift through. Help me out with a post number?
In post 637, SirCakez wrote:I don't think this looks like slaughter hour Dunn. He was way more apathetic there.
In post 1602, SirCakez wrote:In Slaughter Hour Dunn was scum who I spent a good amount of time pushing before he got killed
...[snip]...
then he IMMEDIATELY responds with OMGUS and starts trying to discredit me
EXACTLY what he's doing here guys
SirCakez using the same game to reach two different conclusions on Dunn's alignment is a bit odd, too, no?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Dunnstral replaced in on his main before this interaction happened. Can't give you post numbers rn
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Val89 »

Still can't find it, but I don't know if I know what exactly it is I am looking for. No obvious OMGUS, nor derision, is in evidence.
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

In post 1641, Kovu wrote:Why would this ever happen? I mean sure if you wanna just guess who I'm on tonight, but I'm not announcing it in thread.. like you had a perfectly good offer from marci to twin with you, when you explained your role, you just said "someone" by you going "I want Kovu" excuse me? So am I gonna die if you correctly guess my target, probably can't self invictus so maybe I just go on you? like, someone said this was a scum role in the first, and if town!you had this role, I'd assume you'd haven been right with RR day 1 going "yeah lets invictus the 2nd wagon!!!" that doesn't out this at all. I don't see why town!you would claim it like you did, and then go "I want to twin with Kovu" WHAT EVEN??? well, have fun guessing my target then.
what a bizarre response. what makes you think it's something bad? and if it really were a kill, Luke would be outing themself as scum by targeting you, which they presumably wouldn't do given the good position they seem to be in...

-Reason
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1641, Kovu wrote:
In post 1516, Lukewarm wrote:I want to twin with Kovu.
Why would this ever happen? I mean sure if you wanna just guess who I'm on tonight, but I'm not announcing it in thread.. like you had a perfectly good offer from marci to twin with you, when you explained your role, you just said "someone" by you going "I want Kovu" excuse me? So am I gonna die if you correctly guess my target, probably can't self invictus so maybe I just go on you? like, someone said this was a scum role in the first, and if town!you had this role, I'd assume you'd haven been right with RR day 1 going "yeah lets invictus the 2nd wagon!!!" that doesn't out this at all. I don't see why town!you would claim it like you did, and then go "I want to twin with Kovu" WHAT EVEN??? well, have fun guessing my target then.
Kovu, are you even reading my posts? No clue why you jumped to the idea that you would die.

Also, I am novice, meaning I could not activate night 1, the thing about R&R does not even apply.

It does not make sense for me to twin with a scum read.
In post 1516, Lukewarm wrote:Anyways, off the top of my head I could kill:

Cakez, mala, gorilla, dwlee or dunn here I think.

Thinking about who I should twin with -
it doesn't actually make sense for it to be any of those people
Before I outed my PR, I considered trying to twin with Bell without revealing my PR
In post 1370, Lukewarm wrote:@Bell

You being presumably a friendly neighbor (or something similar) but hitting up Baltar instead of me makes me sad.

I'm struggling to figure out your reads this game.

If you had a day vig shot, where would it be?
But, turns out he does not have any strong scum reads.

So, I decided to go with you instead.

----

The bit was twinning with Marci was never going to happen. When I was entertaining the idea it was as a reaction test to marci, which I quickly revealed.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:18 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1693, Lukewarm wrote:The bit was twinning with Marci was never going to happen. When I was entertaining the idea it was as a reaction test to marci, which I quickly revealed.
*falls to the ground, crying*

why do you hate meeeee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1694, marcistar wrote:
In post 1693, Lukewarm wrote:The bit was twinning with Marci was never going to happen. When I was entertaining the idea it was as a reaction test to marci, which I quickly revealed.
*falls to the ground, crying*

why do you hate meeeee

Just trying to win the game bestie :good:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:44 am

Post by marcistar »

*sob* *sob* it hurts so much..
*sob*
this betrayal... *sob*
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Malakittens »

I’m VLA until Friday morning until work calms the fuck down
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Enchant »

Ha crying anime girl
marcistar
marcistar