Post by Dead Rikimaru »

FINAL VOTECOUNT

Twomz
(3) - cicero , Hjallti , Jenter Brolincani

Jenter Brolincani
(1) - Twomz

------

Endgame - Silver Arrow

The game is almost over. A ninja is taking a walk around the town when he meets three of the remaining players in a heated conversation.
They seem to ignore the three rotting corpses that hang from the gallows for a week or more:

Dead Rikimaru
: Hi, guys. Who are you lynching today?
Hjallti
: Well, cicero and I agree that Twomz must be the last mafioso. Now we are just waiting for Jenter to come back and give his opinion.
cicero
: Hey, Dead. Give us a clue: If we lynch a townie is it a Mafia win or a tie? Come on, a loss is unfair to town. Take it into consideration! ;)
Dead Rikimaru
: cicero. Seriously.
A TIE, IN THIS GAME, WAS NEVER A POSSIBILITY. NEVER

*cicero faints*

Twomz
: Where is Jenter? I'm booooooored.

Suddenly Jenter shows up with bow and arrow in hands.

Jenter Brolincani
: I'm sorry for being late, guys. I was busy trying to find my lost silver arrowpoint to hunt werewolves. Now I found it! Let's kill some wolves!
*makes winner expression*

Twomz
: Jenter... the wolves are all dead.:roll:
Jenter Brolincani
: Shut up, scum! Game over for you! Prepare to die!
*Jenter shoots*

Twomz
: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jenter Brolincani
: Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahah!
*cicero wakes*

Twomz
: If only... I were... a vig...
*Twomz dies*

*cicero faints again*

Hjallti
: Is it over? We won?
Dead Rikimaru
: Well, I'm sorry to make you wait a little bit more for the answer. The game is over, but before I declare the winner I would like to give some brief explanations. Please, bear with me a little more.

Hjallti and Jenter both silently nod at the ninja's request, but when their eyes meet an atmosphere of suspicion starts to form. Could they trust each other? The answer is coming soon...

Twomz , ????? , was lynched on day 9

MOD NOTE:

The flavor in this post is just a humorous summary of the conversations during the game. No alignement and no portion of the setup is revealed there.
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Game Mechanics

Why noXkill?

Because in large games that last four or more days the cross kills between scum factions many times play a major role on the outcome, and sometimes Town simply wins thanks to them.
The idea was to make a game where Town had to lynch every single villain in order to win.

But what if not all of them get lynched?

This possibility was the biggest challenge for the setup.
I knew that without nightkills the optimal stategy for scum would be to kill off Townies in order to finish the game as fast as possible and have at least one member alive at endgame. This made a tie between Mafia and Wolves the most likely end.

How to avoid the tie?

Notice that the picture in the first post of this game has a "vs" between the Mafia and the Wolves. This game takes "the acient war" seriously.
In order to win, a scum group needed to have a greater number of members alive by endgame.
E.g: If by endgame the are two wolves and a mafioso alive, the wolves automatically win.

And if by endgame there is an equal number of mafiosi and wolves?

Town wins.
Here is the Mafia's win condition:
You win automatically when 50%+1 of the town are mafia, or when 50% of the town are mafia but it’s impossible to stop them from winning.
If by the end of the game there is the same number of Mafia and Wolves the game ends in “Massacre” and town wins. You don’t want that to happen.
This was to make sure Mafia and Wolves would not simply try to survive to endgame. They needed to actively hunt scum (from the opposing faction) in order to win.

And how can Town win?

Lynching scum, obviously.
Although Town "seems" to be in disadvantage at first glance there is a big catch: In this game, SCUM NEEDS TO LYNCH SCUM TO WIN.
Here is how I wanted this to work:
After finding a member of the opposite group (through failed nk) a scum player needed to convince Town to lynch him/her. Town was supposed to catch scum trying to lynch scum this way.
Ingame this happened for the first time during Day 4. That's when the game "really started" and after it scum players started to fall like domino bricks.

Why no cops?

Because evil players had to overexpose themselves in order to get their rivals lynched. If there were cops it would be too easy to find scum after a Night with a missing kill.
I wanted to game to reward skills, not role powers.
In this game nightkills were the real investigations, and several times scum killed townies (Kison, Flyinghawk, WhoMe?) to check if they were scum.

Why so many protective roles?

A game with 20 players and two killing groups could last as little as 5 Days, and town had to lynch 6 scum to win.
The protective/immune roles were there to, along with failed crosskills, raise the chances of missing nks and increase the lenght of the game.
The missing nightkills would also confuse scum, since they would never be 100% that the kill was missed because they hit a rival.
I expected the game to last 6-8 days. It lasted 9.

Were sorcerers underpowered?

I didn't want anti-mafia and anti-wolves to be totally alike, so I decided to make a doc + nurse to one side, and even sorcerer + odd sorcerer to the other.
I'm aware this way there would always be anti-mafia protection as long as one of the roles were alive, and a sorcerer missing would take away half of the anti-wolf protection; but the sorcerers had two advantages:
1- They could protect each other, while there was nothing the Nurse could do to save the Doc.
2- Even Sorcerer and Odd Sorcerer were much more likely to confirm each other, as long as they lived enough
The sorcerers ended up making use of both advantages. On Night 2 killerbob protected curiouskarmadog from the wolves, and on Day 4 ooba confirmed curiouskarmadog's claim.
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Possible ending scenarios

Town lynches six scum

Town wins. Perfect play.

Endgame with six scum alive

MASSACRE! Town wins. lol
As I said before scum's winning condition was to prevail over the opposing faction. If they both fail, they both lose.
Of course Town could NEVER know this, otherwise it would affect their play. That's why I kept winning conditions as a secret until the last moment.
I had a cool idea for the MASSACRE flavor. Mafia and Wolves would still not be able to hurt one another, but all dead townies would turn into ZOMBIES and eat them alive. Until Day 4 it was a possibility.:twisted:

Endgame with less than six scum alive

Do the math:
Mafia > Wolves = Mafia wins
Mafia < Wolves = Wolves win
Mafia = Wolves = MASSACRE!

Endgame with a mafioso+bulletproof or wolf+wolfsbane

Scum wins.
Scum player managed to fulfill his/her winning condition.
Town player failed to fulfill his/hers.
Town winning condition:
You win if by endgame there are no scum members alive, even if you are already dead.
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Night Actions

Night 1

01- Odd Sorcerer (curiouskarmadog) -protect FeRnAnDo
02- Doc (dybeck) -protect Kison
03- Mafia -kill UltimaAvalon (done)
04- Wolves -kill theopor_COD (done)

Night 2

01- Even Sorcerer (killerbob) -protect curiouskarmadog (done)
02- Doc (dybeck) -protect curiouskarmadog (done)
03- Mafia -kill curiouskarmadog (protected)
04- Wolves -kill curiouskarmadog (protected)

Night 3

01- Odd Sorcerer (curiouskarmadog) -protect ooba
02- Doc (dybeck) -protect curiouskarmadog
03- Mafia -kill dybeck (done)
04- Wolves -kill Peers (mafia)

Night 4

01- Even Sorcerer (ooba) -protect davidangelsummers
02- Doc (WhoMe?) -protect cicero
03- Mafia -kill davidangelsummers (wolf)
04- Wolves -kill Flyinghawk (done)

Night 5

01- Odd Sorcerer (curiouskarmadog) -protect ooba
02- Doc (WhoMe?) -no protect
03- Mafia -kill WhoMe? (done)
04- Wolves -kill WhoMe? (done)

Night 6

01- Even Sorcerer (ooba) -protect curiouskarmadog
02- Mafia -kill Kison (done)
03- Wolves -kill ooba (done)

Night 7

01- Odd Sorcerer (curiouskarmadog) -protect Hjallti
02- Mafia -kill curiouskarmadog (done)

Night 8

01- Mafia -kill cicero (immune)
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Game flow

It's always good for a mod when the game is equilibrated until the end.
This table gives an idea how things went for each side throughout the six months of the game.
Notice that Mafia decided to waste the kill from N8. Had them used it the end would have been 1 townie/1 p.role/1 mafioso

[mrow][col]D1[col]N1[col]D2[col]N2[col]D3[col]N3[col]D4[col]N4[col]D5[col]N5[col]D6[col]N6[col]D7[col]N7[col]D8[col]N8[col]D9 townies[col]8[col]7[col]6[col]5[col]5[col]4[col]4[col]4[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]2[col]2[col]2[col]2[col]2 p. roles[col]6[col]6[col]5[col]5[col]5[col]5[col]4[col]4[col]4[col]4[col]3[col]3[col]2[col]2[col]1[col]1[col]1 mafia[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]2[col]2[col]2[col]2[col]1[col]1 wolves[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]3[col]2[col]2[col]1[col]1[col]1[col]1[col]-[col]-[col]-[col]-
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Memorable moments

Some things were seen in this game that are not usually seen, or even that were never seen before.
Here are some things that will not be forgotten neither by me nor by the people involved:

Night 2
Tarhalindur, the wolf wrote:Wolves nuke Curiouskarmadog.
killerbob, the sorcerer wrote:I choose you, curiouskarmadog
ZONEACE, the mafioso wrote:WE, THE MAFIA CHOOSE TO KILL CURIOUSKARMADOG.
dybeck, the doc wrote:I'll be protecting curiouskarmadog please.
I have never seen someone attract so many night actions at the same time in a game.
This event was very important because both Mafia and Wolves tryed to get CKD lynched later, thinking he was scum.
When ooba (replacing killerbob) confirmed his claim this led the Town to find both Tarhalindur and Peers to be scum, which radically changed the course the game was taking.

Day 4

Day 4 was bound be another day of lynched townies. CKD's kamikaze behavior alomost made that true... until ooba saved him from the gallows by confirming his claim. This moment was when the game actually begun.
It's rare for scum to claim scum (although I've seen it before) but:
Peers, the mafioso wrote:I'll take the fall for this.

Claim: Mafia
and
Tarhalindur, the wolf wrote:Gee, what a surprise, I'm a wolf
on the same day was, as far as I know, a first time ever event.
It was the first time I rotflmao in this game.;)

Day 8

As I said before a mafioso claiming Mafia is something rare, also it's usually rewarded with a fast lynch.
But a player claim mafia on Day 4 and survive until Day 8 is something I have really never seen, and doubt that ever happened.
Congratulations to Peers for living for such a long time, and for getting rid of the wolves in the meantime. :wink:
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Titles

Since some uncommon and unique events happened in this game, I think maybe some users deserve to have a custom title based on them so those events will always be remembered.

I could not come up with any cool sounding title for them but if any of you have a nice idea I'm willing to support it

Here is a list of title-worthy players and situations:

curiouskarmadog
- for being the target of two night kills and two doc protections on Night 2.

Tarhalindur
- for his fake claim on Day 4 and/or for claiming wolf when Peers claimed Mafia.

Peers
- For surviving 4 game Days after cliaming Mafia.

If you think any other player deserves a title for something related to this game just say in thread. ;)
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Who won?

Hjallti
:So?
Dead Rikimaru
: So what?
Jenter Brolincani
: Who won?
Dead Rikimaru
: Oh, sorry. I was almost forgetting.
Hjallti
: And....?
Dead Rikimaru
: Twomz was the last Mafioso. TOWN WINS! Congratulations cicero, Hjallti, Jenter Brolincani, curiouskarmadog, ooba, Kison, WhoMe?, Flyinghawk, dybeck, Cephrir, Thorn, theopor_COD, UltimaAvalon and Karen. You all won!

Jenter Brolincani
: Yay!!!
Hjallti
: Victory!!!
*cicero wakes up*

cicero
: Guys... Did we lose... or was it a tie?
Everybody
: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GAME OVER
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Roles

Townie
– Hjallti (Kanaga (FeRnAnDo))

You are a Townie.
You are just a regular person.
You win if by endgame there are no scum members alive, even if you are already dead.

Townie
– Kison

You are a Townie.
You have no special power.

Townie
– Thorn (Green Day)

You are a Townie.
You are just a regular hardworking fellow.

Townie
– theopor_COD

You are a Townie.
You are a normal citizen of Nox Hill.

Townie
– Cephrir

You are a Townie.
You have no power whatsoever.

Townie
– Karen

You are a Townie.
You are a member of the good guys (town).

Townie
– Flyinghawk

You are a Townie.
You are powerless member of the town.

Townie
– Jenter Brolincani (Sikario8 (IH (thinktank))

You are a Townie.
You have no power but your vote.

Sorcerer
– ooba (killerbob (Honary Hitchhiker))

You are a sorcerer.
You may protect a person (not you) from werewolf attacks at night, but only on EVEN nights (Night 2, 4, 6, and so on).

Sorcerer
– curiouskarmadog

You are a sorcerer.
Every ODD night (Night 1, 3, 5, etc.) you may choose a person (not you) to be protected from werewolf attacks.

Doc
– dybeck

You are a Doc.
Every night you may choose a player(not you) to be protected from the Mafia.

Nurse
– WhoMe?

You are a Nurse.
If a/the Doc dies you will take over his/her power of protecting a player(not you) every night from Mafia kills. Until then, you are as good as a townie.

Bulletproof Vest
– cicero (Blight)

You are a Bulletproof Vest.
You have no active power, but you are immune to kill attempts by the Mafia (not the wolves).

Wofsbane
– UltimaAvalon

You are a Wolfsbane.
You are immune to Werewolf nightkills (not Mafia ones). Otherwise you are just a townie.

Werewolves
- Tarhalindur (SPAG), TheHermit (ChocolateAttack) and davidangelsummers

You are a pack of werewolves.
You may communicate freely during the NIGHT phase of the game. For this communication you will use this forum: http://www.quicktopic.com/40/H/dBeX9ceGjHW
Use it to inform me of your night choices too. Don’t worry, no one else will have access to that forum. Since the game starts by Day you will have ONE day (September 5) to introduce yourselves and discuss strategy. After that day is over you will only be able to talk again when the game goes to night.
Every night you may choose a player to be nightkilled (removed from the game).
If you choose a member of the Mafia to be killed, this kill will fail.
There MAY be some townie power roles able to protect other players from your kills.
There MAY be some townie power roles immune to your kills.
You win automatically when 50%+1 of the town are wolves, or when 50% of the town are wolves but it’s impossible to stop them from winning.
If by the end of the game there is the same number of Mafia and Wolves the game ends in “Massacre” and town wins. You don’t want that to happen.

Mafia
- Twomz, Peers (Sonicpulsar) and ZONEACE (YogurtBandit )

You are a famiglia of mafiosi.
You may communicate freely during the NIGHT phase of the game. For this communication you will use this forum: http://www.quicktopic.com/40/H/vRTAnugVJ9bpe
Use it to inform me of your night choices too. Don’t worry, no one else will have access to that forum. Since the game starts by Day you will have ONE day (September 5) to introduce yourselves and discuss strategy. After that day is over you will only be able to talk again when the game goes to night.
Every night you may choose a player to be nightkilled (removed from the game).
If you choose a member of the Wolves to be killed, this kill will fail.
There MAY be some townie power roles able to protect other players from your kills.
There MAY be some townie power roles immune to your kills.
You win automatically when 50%+1 of the town are mafia, or when 50% of the town are mafia but it’s impossible to stop them from winning.
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

What's next?

Jedah is the youngest out of the three High Nobles of Makai – the demon world, one that was always distressed about the future of his world. He believed that if it was left under the rule of Belial, the master of the Aensland family, it would grow old and begin to decay.
Jedah considered Belial to be an abomination, and actively sought out the opportunity to kill him, but was betrayed by his friend Ozumu, the gourmet eater of souls, and sent to a trap at the gates of Makai where he was consumed by the power of the gates.
One hundred years later Jedah is revived by the same power that once destroyed his body, and looks in disgust at the horrible world around him. He then decides the only way to salvation is to unite all souls - including his own - into one being: the Shintai, only then would world violence and conflict be ceased.
Using the soul of his betrayer as a cornerstone for a new dimension: Majigen, Jedah summoned the most powerful beings of Makai and outside in order to feed Shintai and make it strong enough to take over all realms of existence.
This is not a battle for your lives, this is a not a battle for your souls, this is a battle for existence as we know it. This is
Darkstalkers Mafia
DR

Signups start in about a week from now. Anyone interested in playing this game just let me know. I will PM you as soon as signups are open.
Here are some features:
  • Mini Theme - 12 players
    Fix Deadlines
    No Vanilla
    Character's powers and motivations based on canon storyline by CAPCOM
    Alternate win conditions
    Alignement changes
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

And that's all folks.
Thank you very much to everyone who played the game.
Feel free to comment, complain, suggest, question, whatever. :wink:
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Kison »

Just a few things...

DR, this game rocks as much as you do. I can't rememeber why I signed up, though I think the no crosskill thing had something to do with it, but it wound up being a lot of fun towards the end of my living days. Very similar concept to another game I played elsewhere. I have no complaints whatsoever. If you don't mind my asking, though, what does "lynch will be decided by duel" mean?

I had a feeling Twomz was the Mafia, but he wasn't near as obvious as Zoneace, who constantly pushed for me to be lynched with the worst logical backing I've ever seen, and later relentlessnessly went after Peers when over and over again I tried explaining how bad of an idea it was. I started thinking he was getting extremely frustrated that he was pushing to have his own partner lynched and was being berated for it, hence my later comment where I said I thought he was Mafia, not wolf.

Twomz made the better call of laying off those two routes, but he was one of the people I eyed for pushing to have Peers lynched. The problem was that there was little substance from the other two, so you couldn't be very certain of anything. His choice to kill Cicero on the last day as also the perfect move - on the off chance Cicero was lying, he would have entered the last day as the only player with a previous reputation while leaving no confirmed players alive. If Cicero was telling the truth, he entered the day with 2 other suspects. Good decision, in my opinion.

I never had a good read on the wolves. With them I basically just was looking at the unclaimed list.

Cicero rocked this game hardcore also. I remember coming back thinking, "Who the hell is this guy? He's the only one that makes sense." So he gets the Town Champion award.

I honestly can't believe Town pulled this one off. When I came back from my lurking spree and started trying to figure out what was going on, I thought there was next to no way we could win. We won because :

1) We selectively targeted the Wolves
2) Cicero claimed early enough that the Wolves didn't accidentally kill him(he was not beneficial for them to kill)
3) Peers helped us out
4) We're lucky as all hell

So good game everyone. 3 more ongoing games for me. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

All the people taking my side were scum :(
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by cicero »

Ah, thanks KIson!!!

While I'm pretty happy with my play this game, as far as I'm concerned Town Champion was Curiouskarmadog. He was in it from the beginning and deserves some kind of MVP award. His case on Twomz is what convinced me at the end, for example. He's a very talented player.

Rikimaru - Great game! And for the record, I agree completely with your reasoning as to why a wrong kill woulda been a mafia win, not the everybody loses/tie that I figured it should be. Apologies for being pest-y about it. Your reasoning on the last page just makes sense.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Tarhalindur wrote:
WhoMe? wrote:Tar - if we kill a mafia today, then it allows the wolves to, i don't know, fulfill their win condition. or am i missing something?
Hmm. Perceptive.

Perhaps there is an acceptable compromise here for all sides.

Unvote, Vote: No Lynch

If everybody plays right, Happily Ever After is inevitable.
The funny thing was, I was telling the truth. Check the scum win conditions.

I knew that our group was toast when mafia outed DAS (CA would have been lynched at some point even without the out-of-game evidence). Oh well, better town wins than rival scum wins.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

great game guys...I followed it after my death...glad to see I was right on with the scum teams (minus my cephirr read, sorry), looking forward to reading the scum transcripts, this would have been a great game for me if I hadnt self voted. I was hoping someone would come out and claim, but in retrospect that might have back fired...

I didnt think the town could pull this one out...I think this game was one for the books.

Dead, going to nominate this game for flavor..thanks!!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Twomz »

:( /sigh. If I have a repeat of this game... no pushing the claimed scum >.>

Really though, I thought it was the protown thing to do, that's why I followed it. I had no clue why everyone was so trusting of the claimed mafiaso.

I was also planning on bussing Zoneace from early on, but I was out of town or something when he was lynched :(.

Good playing town, especially Cicero ^5 for not bringing in meta reasons that he found in another thread :p (I rarely live to endgame as town unless I have some confirmable role that isn't cop or doc, but for some reason I usually live to endgame as scum).

Again, GG.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Twomz »

Oh, and I nominate myself for living to the last day without getting replaced ;).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Good game. Could have done without the plugs, but to each his own.

I am royally pissed at Chocolate Attack. I don't think I have to explain why. Even without that blunder I didn't stand much of a chance. I don't fault cicero for using what he got (hey, you do what you gotta to win), but CA never should have given that information up.

At first glance it seems that town is woefully underpowered, but on closer examination the "noXkill" hurts the mafia a lot more than it helps them. After finding a member of the other scum team, one member has to claim in order to make his findings known. But on doing that, their days are numbered. Two scum dead. Advantage: town. The "equal number of scum at endgame = town victory" is especially mean; if both scumgroups play a perfect game, they lose. While I understand the presence of the rule is to give town a fighting chance, I still don't like the execution.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by cicero »

Twomz wrote::Good playing town, especially Cicero ^5 for not bringing in meta reasons that he found in another thread :p (I rarely live to endgame as town unless I have some confirmable role that isn't cop or doc, but for some reason I usually live to endgame as scum).
In fairness, I don't deserve this particular compliment. As can be shown from my attack on ChocolateAttack and TheHermit, I will use meta information whenever it's useful, even if it seems a bit "elbows up". But I didnt need to use it on you, Twomz. The other two players were pretty much convinced. I just needed to convince myself. And when I did so, I really didnt give reasons. I just blamed it on "gut" even though it was much more than that. Things were going the way I wanted them to go and I didnt want to upset the apple cart.

It pained me to vote for your lynch though, Twomz. You have no idea how many times I kept reading to try to find another answer. :p But the evidence was overwhelming. There was CKD's case. There was Peers refusing to test you at night (might be in CKD's case), there was you attempting to capitalise on my lurker hate (cute but transparent), and your general sense of resignation when heading to the gallows.

Which isn't to say I didnt doubt the decision all the way through... but I knew I'd rather me AND ckd be wrong, then to push for a lynch in opposition to his great work and have him call me an idiot until doomsday. :D
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ok, nominated for best flavor...you put a ton of work in this game a deserve a nod.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by cicero »

I agree with CKD
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Hjallti »

I also rather had finished of Jenter than Twomz, and probably Jenter would have preferred me above you, just for playing like this.

I happened to be in both games that are already nominated for best flavor, and I wouldn't have wanted to miss one of them. Great Dead Rikimaru. I don't know why you PM'd me a second time to replace in, but I am very happy you did.

Sorry that I dragged the last day one week to long, but I seem to have been absent in the first four days after reopening the game.

GREAT GAME to CKD, Peers, Twomz and Cicero. I think I was just lucky to fall in the right team.

Twomz, I do think that going for the Peers lynch was a scumtell, there is a subtle difference between what town would do and what you think town would do, and this was an instance of it, I do believe. However when I am in the same situation I also don't see when the difference arises. Only when pondering over the possibilities you find that lynching Peers is not a good idea. Ideally we should have got TheHermit before ZoneAce rather than after. It did cost us a townie...

I am so happy my decision was the right one....
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

gooooo town

Thanks Dead Rikimaru, good game. It moved along at a reasonable pace too.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:13 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Great win conditions! I somehow hit on some of the subtilities when I commented that we shouldn't go for nolynch in the end, but the fact that Peers claimed might have been partly due to that win condition.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”