Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Cardinal Ibelly »

Town

Court Gaoler wrote:
Court Gaoler (Occult/TheEyeofMordor)

You are the Court Gaoler of Jellugi. Upon hearing about the rebellion against the Royal Family, you decided enough was enough and released all of the unlawfully jailed persons under your watch. Each night, you get to choose one person other than yourself to lock up in one of your cells. If they have any kind of ability, their ability is effectively role-blocked: however, that person may not be lynched the following day. You may not jail the same person two nights in a row. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Confirm by PM with night action.
Court Courier wrote:
Court Courier (Battle Mage/Canucklehead17)

You are the Court Courier of Jellugi. Although your job was originally to take messages from the Prince and Princess to the King and Queen and vice versa (since they live in separate quarters of the castle), you have since joined in the rebellion against them, effectively stifling their communication. Now, each night, you sneak into one players living quarters and fiddle through their papers, in order to learn if they are for or against the rebellion. However, if you are caught you are instantly killed, so be extra cautious. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Mod Notes: Sane Cop. If night-targeted by anybody, the Court Courier will lose their nerve and leave without having received an investigation result. The Court Courier cannot actually be ‘captured and killed’ except for if actually night-killed.
Axeman wrote:
Axeman (Mariyta)

You are the Axeman of Jellugi. Your whole life, practically all you’ve known how to do is to bring axes down upon people’s necks. Upon hearing of the rebellion, however, you thought it might be best to get a different job. Until that time, each night, you may walk under the Portcullis to retrieve your axe, and choose one unlucky person whose head you will place on the chopping block in the middle of the courtyard and kill them. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Mod Notes: Portcullis must be open to execute
Court Magician wrote:
Court Magician (Sarcastro/PBuG/Nightson)

You are the Magician of Jellugi. You have tried to find a way to rid yourself of the current King and Queen for years, seeing as they do not take your sage advice. That being said, the rebellion against them has caught your eye. Each night you may send to me a target. If you are killed during that night, you will take that player’s vote with you in death, and they will not be able to vote the subsequent day. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Note: If you are role-blocked on the night of your death, your choice will still go through since you use it in death.

Martyr wrote:
Martyr (Maz Medias)

You are the overzealous religious nut of Jellugi, well loved by all in your village for standing on street corners screaming about how the world will end and throwing turnips at those who disregard you. But you are truly good on the inside. At the cost of your own life, you may protect one person of your choice every night. If that person is targeted to die, you die in their stead unless you are protected. There are also dire consequences if you are lynched: you are not overly religious for nothing. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Mod Notes: If lynched, the last player voting for the Martyr is killed as well.
Watchmen wrote:
Watchman (Save the Dragons and VitaminR)

You are a Watchman of the Castle of Jellugi. Originally forced into service by the King and Queen, you have patrolled the crenellated walls of the Castle for years. Ever since you have heard of the rebellion, however, you two have united in the hopes of finally put an end to the tyrannous rule you have endured. Your fellow watchman is ____. You may talk with your partner during the night. Your partner does
not
have guaranteed innocence. If your partner is not pro-town, they will also have a PM identical to this one in addition to their actual role.

The two of you also have a key to control the castle’s Portcullis. In order to open the Portcullis, (if both of you are alive) you must each separately indicate to me that you wish to open the Portcullis. This will have unknown affects. If only one of you is alive, that Watchman will have full control of the Portcullis after taking possession of the second key. If both of you die, the Portcullis will be left open for the remainder of the game.

You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Mod Notes: Masons and Tooth Fairy. If one is role-blocked while both are alive, the Portcullis will stay closed.
Blue Knight wrote:
Blue Knight (Toaster Strudel/Ether)

You are an illustrious Blue Knight of Jellugi, and it is in your code of honor to protect the weak and slay those who endanger them. Although you have pledged service to the King and Queen, your allegiance has always lied with the town. Each night you may protect one citizen from night-killing with a 50% chance rate of success. Alternatively, although you may do so only once, you may put one person to the sword during the night in lieu of protecting somebody. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Master Swordsman wrote:
Swordsman (PookyTheMagicalBear)

You are the Master Swordsman of Jellugi. When you were a child, you were scorned by the King of Jellugi, and ever since, you have vowed to defeat him in a duel. Each night, you may investigate one person to determine if they are the original King. If you successfully find him, you instantly engage him in a duel, and unless he is successfully protected, you will slay him. However, your power does not come without perils: if you mistakenly investigate a Pro-Town player, you run a 25% chance of engaging them in a duel and slaying them. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead. Note that you can only slay the
original
King, and no subsequent Kings, as you have no grudge against them, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Mod Notes: Used a 4-sided die to determine deaths.
Peasants wrote:
Peasant (the silent speaker, Cogito Ergo Sum, IH, Arafax, HackerHuck, Jack, LuckayLuck)

You are a lowly peasant of Jellugi. Your abilities include blood-curdling screaming upon death, and softly whimpering yourself to sleep at night. Luckily, however, you do have a say when voting for who shall be lynched each day. You win when all Anti-Town roles are dead, and at least one townsperson is left alive.

Confirm by PM.
Cardinal Ibelly says:

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3983]Replace into Royal Family Mafia Today![/url]
Cardinal Ibelly
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:08 am

Actions and Choices

Night One Actions

King (Fritzler) Kill [Green Crayons]
Queen (Thok) Investigate [Mariyta]
Prince (Mastermind of Sin) Drawbridge [Keep raised]
Princess (Bogre) Drawbridge [Keep raised]
Court Jester (Green Crayons) Protect [Fritzler]
Lost Prince (Twito) No Action

Usurper to the Throne (Zindaras) No Action

Court Gaoler (TheEyeofMordor) Lock up [Nobody]
Court Courier (Canucklehead17) Investigate [PookytheMagicalBear], [keeps nerve]
Axeman (Mariyta) Vig [Nobody], [No]
Court Magician (Nightson) Vote-Block [Pooky], [No]
Martyr (Maz Medias) Protect [Nobody]
Blue Knight (Ether) 50% Protect [Save the Dragons], [Rolled: 2 = Yes]
Master Swordsman (Pooky) Duel [Nobody]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [Keep closed]
Watchman #2 (VitaminR) Portcullis [Keep closed]
Peasants No Action

Night One Results

Drawbridge: Raised (no effect)
Portcullis: Closed (vigilante may not kill)
Public cell: Empty (all eligible for voting)

Dead: Green Crayons, Jester

Investigations: Thok (receives “Axeman” for Mariyta)
Canucklehead17 (receives “For the rebellion” on Pooky)

Day One Results

Twito, Lost Prince, Royal Family Mafia Traitor, is lynched

Night Two Actions

King (Fritzler) Kill [Mariyta]
Queen (Thok) Investigate [HackerHuck]
Prince (Mastermind of Sin) Drawbridge [Lower the Drawbridge]
Princess (Bogre) Drawbridge []

Usurper to the Throne (Zindaras) No Action

Court Gaoler (TheEyeofMordor) Lock up [LuckayLuck]
Court Courier (Canucklehead17) Investigate [Maz Medias], [keeps nerve]
Axeman (Mariyta) Vig [Nobody], [No]
Court Magician (Nightson) Vote-Block [IH], [No]
Martyr (Maz Medias) Protect [Nobody]
Blue Knight (Ether) 50% Protect [Jack], [Rolled: 1 = No]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [Keep Closed]
Watchman #2 (VitaminR) Portcullis [No Choice]
Peasants No Action

Night Two Results

Drawbridge: Lowered (No Effect)
Portcullis: Closed (Vigilante may not kill)
Public Cell: LuckayLuck is locked in

Dead: Mariyta, Axeman, Vigilante

Investigations: Thok (receives “Peasant” for HackerHuck)
Canucklehead17 (receives “for the rebellion” on Maz Medias)

Day Two Results

Arafax, Peasant, Townie, has been lynched

Night Three Actions

King (Fritzler) Kill [Zindaras]
Queen (Thok) Investigate [Canucklehead17]
Prince (Mastermind of Sin) Drawbridge [Keep Raised]
Princess (Bogre) Drawbridge [No Choice]

Usurper to the Throne (Zindaras/bird1111) No Action

Court Courier (Canucklehead17) Investigate [IH], [loses nerve]
Court Magician (Nightson) Vote-Block [Jack], [No]
Martyr (Maz Medias) Protect [Canucklehead17]
Blue Knight (Ether) 50% Protect [Jack], [Rolled: 2 = Yes]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [Keep Closed]
Watchman #2 (VitaminR) Portcullis [Keep Closed]
Peasants No Action

Night Three Results

Drawbridge: Raised (No effect)
Portcullis: Closed (No effect)
Public Cell: Empty (all eligible for voting)

Dead: Zindaras, Usurper to the Throne, Unknown

Investigations: Thok (receives ‘Court Courier’ for Canucklehead17)
Canucklehead17 (receives no result for IH)

Day Three Results

IH, Peasant, Townie, is lynched

Night Four Actions

King (Fritzler) Kill [Canucklehead17]
Queen (Thok) Investigate [VitaminR]
Princess (Bogre) Drawbridge []

Court Gaoler (TheEyeofMordor) Lock up [Ether]
Court Courier (Canucklehead17) Investigate [LuckayLuck], [loses nerve]
Court Magician (PBug) Vote-Block [Jack], [No]
Martyr (Maz Medias) Protect [Canucklehead17]
Blue Knight (Ether) 50% Protect [Nobody], Vig [Mastermind of Sin], [Failed due to Block]
Master Swordsman (Pooky) Duel [LuckayLuck] [Rolled: 4 = Death]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [No Choice = Keep Closed]
Watchman #2 (VitaminR) Portcullis [Raise]
Peasants No Action

Night Four Results

Drawbridge:
Portcullis:
Public Cell: Ether is locked in

Dead: Maz Medias, Religious Nut, Martyr
LuckayLuck, Peasant, Townie

Investigations: Thok (receives “Watchman” for VitaminR)
Canucklehead17 (receives no result for LuckayLuck)

Day Four Results

Jack, Peasant, Townie, is lynched

Night Five Actions

King (Fritzler) Kill [VitaminR]
Queen (Thok) Investigate [Save the Dragons]
Princess (Bogre) Drawbridge [Keep Raised]

Court Courier (Canucklehead17) Investigate [Mastermind of Sin], []
Court Magician (PBug) Vote-Block [Ether], [No]
Blue Knight (Ether) 50% Protect [No Choice]
Master Swordsman (Pooky) Duel [Save the Dragons] [Rolled: 2 = No Death]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [Raise!]
Watchman #2 (VitaminR) Portcullis [No Choice]
Peasants No Action

Night Five Results

Drawbridge: Raised (No Effect)
Portcullis: Closed (No Effect)

Dead: VitaminR, Watchman, Portcullis Keeper

Investigations: Thok (receives "Watchman" for Save the Dragons)
Canucklehead17 (receives "against rebellion" for MoS)

Day Five Results

Mastermind of Sin, Prince, Royal Family Mafia Member, is lynched

Night Six Actions

King (Fritzler) Kill [Battle Mage]
Queen (Thok) Investigate [Occult]

Court Gaoler (Occult) Lock up [HackerHuck]
Court Courier (Battle Mage) Investigate [Fritzler], [Dead]
Court Magician (Sarcastro) Vote-Block [Bogre], [No]
Blue Knight (Ether) 50% Protect [No Choice]
Master Swordsman (Pooky) Duel [Occult] [Rolled: 4 = Death]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [Raise]
Peasants No Action

Night Six Results

Portcullis: Raised (No Effect)
Public Cell: HackerHuck is locked in

Dead: Occult, Court Goaler, Jailkeeper
Battle Mage, Court Courier, Limited Cop

Investigations: Thok (receives "Court Gaoler" for Occult)

Day Six Results

Cogito Ergo Sum, Peasant, Townie, is lynched

Night Seven Actions

King (Fritzler) Kill [PookyTheMagicalBear]
Queen (Thok) Investigate [Sarcastro]

Court Magician (Sarcastro) Vote-Block [HackerHuck], [No]
Blue Knight (Toaster Strudel) 50% Protect [No Choice]
Master Swordsman (Pooky) Duel [Fritzler], [Yes]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [Raise]
Peasants No Action

Night Seven Results

Portcullis: Raised (No Effect)
Public Cell: Empty (All eligible for voting)

Dead: PookyTheMagicalBear, Master Swordsman, Limited Vig
Fritzler, King, Royal Family Member

Investigations: Thok (receives "Court Magician" for Sarcastro)

Day Seven Results

Toaster Strudel, Blue Knight, Limited Doc/Vig, is lynched

Night Eight Actions

Queen (Thok) Investigate [the silent speaker]
Princess (TSQ) Drawbridge [No Choice]

Court Magician (Sarcastro) Vote-Block [HackerHuck], [No]
Watchman #1 (Save the Dragons) Portcullis [No Action]
Peasants No Actions

Night Eight Results

Portcullis: Down (No Effect)

Dead: Nobody

Investigations: Thok (receives "Peasant" for the silent speaker)

Day Eight Results

Save the Dragons, Watchman, Portcullis Keeper, is lynched

Night Nine Actions

Queen (Thok) Investigate [Nobody]
Princess (TSQ) Drawbridge [No Choice]

Court Magician (Sarcastro) Vote Block [HackerHack], [No]
Peasants No Actions

Night Nine Results

Portcullis: Down (No Effect)

Dead: Nobody

Day Nine Results

the silent speaker, Peasant, Townie, is lynched
Sarcastro, Court Magician, Death Vote-Blocker, endgamed
HackerHuck, Peasant, Townie, endgamed
Royal Family Mafia Wins
Cardinal Ibelly says:

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3983]Replace into Royal Family Mafia Today![/url]
Cardinal Ibelly
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:10 am

Okay, now that the game is over, some comments from me. First comments about the set-up, and then things I
wish wish wish
I had changed.

Mafia and Triggered SK Mechanics

1.) Around December of 2005 – when I was making this set-up – I thought it would be very interesting to have two lines of succession in the same mafia group. I decided one side would be killing, and the second side would be investigatory. Of course, since killing was the more important of the two lines, I had a 3::2 ratio of killers::investigators, with {King, Prince, Lost Prince} on the one hand and {Queen, Princess} on the other.

2.) In addition – and this is mostly due to my background in mafia before coming here – I wanted to experiment a little bit with a "split" mafia; in that the mafia did not have full communication with each other. I thought this would encourage sending 'hidden' information to each other during the day, such as investigation results from the Queen. Of course, now that I've been playing for quite some time I think this sort of communication more much more risky than any possible reward it could achieve.

3.) With #1/#2 combined, I knew this would set an order of importance within the scum-group for a "keep X alive" factor. The killers would need to be kept alive over the investigators, and the scum would also have to take into account who they would be able to communicate with at night should there have to be any shifting. Basically, the Prince/Princess were expected to make some sort of code to make between each other for if the King/Queen died and they lost communication, such that they could communicate during the day if necessary. Risk > reward, as well as replacements clearly make this an unsatisfactory tactic, but at the time of creating the set-up I thought I was setting the stage for some extraordinary clandestine dialogue.

4.) I am usually pretty generous with giving safe-claims, and this game was no exception. The mafia group itself had 2 safe-claims; the spy-martyr had 2 safe-claims; the SK had 2 safe-claims; and the Queen could essentially help make more informed fake-claims with her investigative nature. Of course, the mafia also had a couple 'abilities' they could claim to have – that being role-name investigations and having control of the Drawbridge. All scum should have had a shot at getting away with some sort of power role claim. I also gave the town a few "unprovable" abilities (such as the Magician) so that powers didn't need to "proven" full-circle in order to sound believable.

5.) In addition to investigating, I wanted the Queen to have a larger effect on the game. Hence, I included two "triggering" roles – the Lost Prince which could be "found" and the "Usurper to the Throne", which could become a Day-SK, with the Queen as the first target. I was hoping both of these triggered roles would try to do something to get themselves investigated by the queen in particular, by dropping hints or something. Once again, this falls back onto my earlier thoughts that the game would be chockfull of secret conversations going on in plain sight.

6.) Of course, the Queen's investigatory power also makes it so the scum are much more likely to make sure they nightkill power roles, leaving townies to be lynched during the game (which occurred very effectively in this game).

7.) Strange as it seems, I do like it when SK's have a reasonable chance at winning, so I tried to do so for the one I included in this game. Firstly, I gave the SK the option to remain town once investigated or to flip – and they knew this choice was coming before it occurred (so that they could not mistakenly "think" they are town and then be suddenly forced to change alignments, as I'm sure most people know I do not approve of). The switch comes with three bonuses: firstly, the queen dies, secondly, the SK will get a 1-Shot nightkill immunity, and thirdly, up until that point all investigations on the SK will have come up town. And of course, the later in the game, the more the SK will know about the set-up. This was a role which required great precision to play, but with potentially extravagant rewards.

Town Mechanics

1.) First off, I have found that I am not really fond of games being dominated by Cop/Doc combos – even back in the seemingly forgotten time that was 2005. I decided to use what I considered (and still consider) to be an elegant solution - a Cop that only gets investigations so long as the Cop is not himself targeted. This mechanic ended up working beautifully, and I would not be surprised if I'm tempted to use it again in the future. This also effectively guarantees that for each night the scum try to kill the Cop, even if they are not successful, the Cop will not receive a result. As I anticipated, roles like the Martyr and the Queen kept the Cop from receiving a damaging amount of investigations. This limitation on the Cop was the reason the Queen could only investigate each player once; else she could "investigate" the Cop every night in order to role-block him.

2.) I also wanted to avoid a possible "Martyr protect X, Doctor protect Martyr" for 2 people being guaranteed protected (since neither the Martyr nor X can die in that situation). I generally don't care for full-doctor roles in the first place, but I thought a single Martyr would be too weak, and two Martyrs would likely just end in a mislynch. As such, I compromised and tried a 50% Doctor. I would not do this in the future – I am not particularly caring for "chance" roles, although at the time of creation I was experimenting with different types of roles.

I later added on the 1-Shot Vig ability to the 50% Doctor on account of:

3.) I didn't want the town to have a tremendous amount of nightkilling power, so I took actions to tone it down. Firstly, the Vigilante had a hitch, in that the Portcullis Keepers had to raise the Portcullis in order for the Axeman to get his axe (acting as a Tooth Fairy role).

Similarly, the Master Swordsman could only kill one particular scum – the King – and could not kill any of the other scum even if he tried. And of course, he still ran the risk of killing townspeople if he dueled them (25% chance). I tweaked through a few versions of this role. I did not like a "kill a townsperson or King" version, because I felt it would be giving too much information for if his target didn't die – it would make it very likely that target was simply a scum other than the King (i.e. this would make the role more investigative than it should be). So I had to make the kill not absolute if he targeted the wrong person. I decided 25% was a fair compromise, in that it would likely cause the Swordsman to keep it in his pants for a number of nights, knowing his chances of hitting his single target was slim.

But I did want to give the town
some
say on night-kills, so I decided to give the Yellow Knight incentive to do something other than protect with a 1-Shot Vig ability.

In retrospect, I would completely eliminate the Master Swordsman role – if anything, I feel I should have made the Master Swordsman be able to kill any role
except
for the King, since that particular role is so essential for the scum to keep alive in order to stand a chance at triumph.

4.) I also think role-blockers can be insanely powerful roles, so I decided to temper the strength of the role-blocker in this game. Not only did the Court Gaoler role-block, but they also made that person unlynchable! So even if they managed to "confirm" a scum, the town might not be able to lynch them. Of course, I did not want the Gaoler role-blocking the same person continuously, so I restricted the role to waiting at least one night in-between locking up the same player twice. I think this was a fairly elegant role, in terms of ups-and-downs. Vigilante justice notwithstanding (especially with the lack of such roles), this role was meant to both help the town while hurting the town -- unless the Gaoler managed to lock up townies consistently.

5.) As much as I personally like to play Mason roles, I also concede they are very powerful. So I explicitly made sure the Masons in this game knew very well they did not have any guarantee on their partner, and further, that while they controlled the Portcullis, two scum also controlled the Drawbridge – which to the town has similar effects, that being 'nothing' (excepting for an observant town who notices the Portcullis/Axeman restriction), but still worth speculation. Nothing ended up coming of this, but it certainly had potential for a mislynch or two (or further, giving scum a very comfy – if risky – claim of also being 'masons' who control the Drawbridge).

Changes I would Make If I Were to Run This Again

1.) I wish I hadn't started with N0 – I wasn't planning on doing it originally, but Ibby thought it would help spur discussion on D1, instead of everybody mulling around talking about nothing for 10-20 pages. Naturally, the scum defied the odds and hit their spy-martyr, and followed that promptly by lynching their Lost Prince, which was an important role to keep the male hierarchy (killing side) alive.

2.) I wish I had not experimented with the "split" mafia discussion idea, but I don't think it's all
that
bad of a concept. It just turned out to be
very
hampering in this game. Or alternatively, if I was to keep the "split" discussion, I wish I had given the family as a whole the ability to have an "emergency meeting" in a secret room, such that they could all discuss between themselves for a single night before being forced back into their split communication – or to let them all talk together on N0 so they could plan a code to use for the duration of the game.

3.) At least in the context of the particular roles in this game, I did not particularly enjoy using the percentage roles – the "Kingslayer" with his 25% town kill, and the "Yellow Knight" with his 50% doctor protect. I had reasons for using the percentages, but I think there may have been more creative ways to get what I wanted whilst allowing the roles to rely on skill rather than chance.

Thank you to everybody who played! <3
Cardinal Ibelly says:

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

wow, sucks to lose.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Hey, does anybody remember who, on the last day, called out Thok and TSQ as scum?

Oh well, I didn't expect to win this game anyway. I'm a little bitter that I would have won had the rest of the town actually listened to me, but I suppose that's just how it goes.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Zindaras »

When I died, I realized I could've done a lot better by breadcrumbing something along the lines of Lost Prince when I replaced in.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I can not tell you how close I was to all out bussing thok once sarc placed that vote. PJ has just informed me that thok was very strongly considering bussing me, because he didn't know I had control of the drawbridge, and hence thought it was a terrible claim. We're both lucky that neither of us actually did it.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:I can not tell you how close I was to all out bussing thok once sarc placed that vote. PJ has just informed me that thok was very strongly considering bussing me, because he didn't know I had control of the drawbridge, and hence thought it was a terrible claim. We're both lucky that neither of us actually did it.
Once STD didn't counterclaim you, I was less inclined to bus you. I wouldn't have had a problem with you outright bussing me after Sarcastro voted me.

@Sarcastro-whatever. You didn't actually have a reason for voting me. (The only reason I can deduce is that you thought that I knew the set up and TSS didn't. Except that there was no viable reason not to believe that two scum were still alive from the flavor.) I'll give you credit for realizing my partner was TSQ and not HH, but without any actual arguments you weren't likely to persuade HH to change his mind.

Frankly, I should have been lynched immediately once TS came up town. If anybody had bothered to look at the Pooky-led wagon on me, you'd have noticed that all of the relevant players were both town and dead.

If anything scum could have won this game sooner if we had nightkilled better. If we didn't delay killing BM one night to take out VitR (who I knew was a Watchman, but who'd guess Watchman=Tooth Fairy Mason and not Watcher), then we wouldn't have lost MOS and we'd actually would have been able to night kill in the later part of the game. If we kill BM-Pooky-VitR instead of VitR-BM-Pooky, we don't lose either of Fritzler or MOS and waltz to victory.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Wow. Thok was right. Shea's claim was terrible. Better than mine, obviously, but then I was damned by a cop result anyway.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Actually, I claimed Drawbridge Keeper - Prince's Page. The miller part I have no idea about, but I can only gesture that it comes from the fact that I work for the Prince. All
I
knew from my role is that I work for the prince but I don't like the Royal Family.
Cardinal Ibelly wrote:The Portcullis is down, sealing the first exit.
The Drawbridge is raised, sealing the second exit.
The Jail is empty, and locked.
As for proving my role, I don't know what the drawbridge does, but I
can
prove that I control it by lowering the drawbridge. I have specified my role's abilities, Pooky, contrary to what you claim. The only thing I can do is pull the level to lower the drawbridge, or not pull the lever. That's it.
I am lynched and come up as scum.

Later in the game...
Thestatusquo wrote:Well, I am the bowman. Basically though, I can raise or open the drawbridge during the night. I guess it has something to do with defending the castle. The flavor makes very little sense to me, also, the role seems to have done very little this game. As you can see, I have opened and closed the draw bridge a couple of times, and It hasn't done anything that I can tell in terms of tangibly effecting the game.

Who still has to claim?
And he got away with it! Lolz.
Permanent V/LA.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Thok wrote:@Sarcastro-whatever. You didn't actually have a reason for voting me. (The only reason I can deduce is that you thought that I knew the set up and TSS didn't. Except that there was no viable reason not to believe that two scum were still alive from the flavor.) I'll give you credit for realizing my partner was TSQ and not HH, but without any actual arguments you weren't likely to persuade HH to change his mind.
It was based on gut reaction and a little metagame. I know that I didn't give any good reasons, but I don't usually have much success convincing other players to follow my gut anyway. Yeah, I probably could have put more effort in, but I expected to lose anyway. I'm just a little bitter now that I realise we would have won had I convinced the town to follow me. Good game and all that, by the way.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Well, I guess I really did deserve to make it to endgame :( The only person I was right about was MoS and that was because of the cop's investigation. This game has just about made me hang up my hat for mafia - not at all related to the setup.

I may have followed sarcastro after TSQ, but I really couldn't imagine why Thok wouldn't press a case against me at LYLO. I was hoping to call TSQ out for not disputing MoS' claim earlier, but I realised that Bogre was still in the game back then.

Well played scum and great theme PJ.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:27 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

stupid cop investigations. I could've gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling cop!
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by Thok »

@Sarcastro-fair enough. Good game

@HH-to be fair we never had time to kill you. You'll notice that after Night 0 all of our night kills were either power roles, or cop investigated innocents, or both. The only time we might have even considered you as a kill was as an alternative to Zindaras night 3, and by that time we already knew you were a Peasant.

Fun with mafia bloopers

I've already mentioned the whole thinking "Watchman"=Watcher thing. The loss of the Jester/Spy has already been discussed.

There was a period of time where I thought Bogre might have had a lover with vig abilities. (This isn't as ridiculous as it sounds: the two nightkills we had nothing to deal with were LL and Occult, who both had gone after Bogre without much support from others.)

I spent a nontrivial amount of time considering the existance of a 3rd traitor role, mainly for balance reasons. Given Sarcastro's role name, he was a likely choice for this role, if it existed. Indeed, I spent some time saying to PJ about how much I'd be annoyed with Sarcastro if he was a Traitor.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Ether »

It annoys me how little right I have to complain, having been replaced and all. But let's see anyway.

After my fiasco with IH, I was worried that my alignment might come into question--lucky, me having that one-shot kill. And I targetted MoS, too. Of course, the night I decided to go out and do something confirmable, I was roleblocked. Not that I realized the cause then. I was pathetically grateful that some governor liked me.

I left a few breadcrumbs to being the blue knight and screwing up my one chance at sweet confirmation.
Post 157, Ether wrote:
It's the tragedy blues, people
Tragedy, tragedy
The night goes on and on and on
Post 1206, Ether wrote:Seriously, MoS ought to be dead now.
Post 1393, Ether wrote:
I'm seeing new colors
(My vision's not great)
Was someone in trouble? Did he need this rubble?
Bah; better to wait.
(For the last one--as long as I was alive, I thought my role was part of a set. Seeing the Red Knight as a safeclaim now, I'm slightly amused.)

I wish Fritzler hadn't killed Canary, even if he
was
scum. I wanted to play with him. ._.

Did anyone have any amusing reactions or thoughts about my diva thing?

I came back from my flake like a day or two after TS was lynched. I read it. It was sad, in a "This is Restrictions 2 all over again why is she
town
why is she
me?
" way. I'm very grateful for the replacement gig, mind you. X_X

And, finally...

Thok said in the chat that my remains would be stuffed and put on display for the glory of the matriarchy. But you won't let that happen...right?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea