Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:34 am

Post by Misha »

A 40% increase in cost would only be beneficial to the producers if they were able to sell . . . blah, hate economics ^_^

Hmm, personally I have little problem with posting under this name, I think some people have likely figured out who I am just based on posting style, but whatevs.

Anyhows, as to the deflection, since it has only affected Hambone, that makes me quite curious about his role. As to the blob, I have no clue.

True four in a game is quite rare and I wasn't really thinking it was the case here, but never know. Personally, I am almost ready for a mass claim and then pick off who has been the most suspicious/role-claim makes no sense. At least that would provoke some conversation. As to suspicions, I have you all ranked from most to least, so I may as well start with most and work the way down.

vote: hambone
, for following jericho a few times the first day and being instrumental in us lynching bob as opposed to jericho, trying to deflect attention away from jericho on the deadline date of the second day, and a whole lot of nothing helpful in his posts, oh and the deflection thing doesn't hurt either.
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:50 pm

Post by Rosebud »

So I'm rereading the thread, as promised. Things worth noting:

The only reason we know the thief exists is because Hambone said his gil was stolen Night 1, right? If so and if Hambone does end up to be scum, the thief may not be an issue. (Or the thief's evil and unrelated to the mafia or something)

Somebody probably already mentioned it, but Solid made a comment right after the daykill (Near the top of page 3) that was basically a plant for when his role was revealed, since he speculated that the daykill was made by a pro-town player and it was done with a sword. We can probably assume he killed Rhino.

I see what Misha's saying about Hambone, but I think it's more likely that he may be pro-town if he has the deflection ability. Serpent/Mr. X and Reines have given me an "enh" feeling, but between Mr. X's being a little bit stronger (Not to mention the occasional attack on me, so I suppose it's a bit OMGUS) and him having 500 HP,
vote: Mr. X
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:10 pm

Post by Quagmire »

1 - Hambone [Misha]
1 - Mr. X [Rosebud]

Not voting: 4 [Hambone, Mr. X, Reines, Gon]

~marker~
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:46 pm

Post by Hambone »

Misha wrote:
, for following jericho a few times the first day and being instrumental in us lynching bob as opposed to jericho, trying to deflect attention away from jericho on the deadline date of the second day
I genuinely thought that satirical's claim was bullshit when i heard it, as it is a seriously weak doc role. Jericho didn't strike me as scummy during the game but it seems i was wrong.

Yes i agree that in this situation, it seems that lynch or lose does not apply because of the HP factor. We also are unaware as to whether or not the mafia have enough Gil to buy potions. This in my mind would create a very difficult situation for the town, it also seems strange that the King did not purchase a potion as he did have enough. No vote yet, i would like to hear more from everyone as this is a very slow game.
Mr. X
Mr. X
Townie
Mr. X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:59 am

Post by Mr. X »

I will
to keep on going with what we were on yesterday, because of that senseless omgus vote on me, and to top the thread.
Show
Guess who?

No, not him.

No, not her.
Reines
Reines
Townie
Reines
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:38 am

Post by Reines »

I took some time to reread the arguments against hambone and I'm seeing them now to make good sense. Seeing as this isn't the lynching vote I'll keep an eye if some strong arguments arise that could cause me to unvote this one:
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:32 pm

Post by Hambone »

3 out of 4 votes

I'm Strago Magus, I have no night choices but was told that though i am an old man i am still capable, and that any night attacks directed towards me would have a lesser effect.

I am not told how much of a lesser effect.
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:07 pm

Post by Misha »

First
unvote: hambone
, that does not mean that I find you less suspicious, it only means that I do not want someone to quick-lynch you before things can be discussed.

That said one thing that may need to be considered. No other role (including my own) that is in my knowledge had the last name specified (that is unless you added it in case of someone not knowing who that is). It may be nit-picking, but it does stick out in my mind. Also, I'm not sure that that ability fits with that role. His special ability is lore, which is a copying ability, in my experience magic hits him just as it does anyone else. I am not sure, but perhaps I don't know the game (FF6) all that well :oops:

As to the lynch or lose, in theory we are there. Example: We lynch someone with 500 hp and then the mafia kills someone with 500. Leaving the white dancing thing (i.e. Mog imo) out of the equation means it is lynch or lose, but since the likelihood of that occuring is slim, I guess it truly isn't lynch or lose, sorry.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:44 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Vote count:

2 - Hambone [Reines, Mr. X]
1 - Mr. X [Rosebud]

Not voting: 4 [Hambone, Misha, Gon]

4 to lynch.

~marker~

Should I set a deadline?
Reines
Reines
Townie
Reines
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:02 pm

Post by Reines »

Lesser effect? Is it possible that was the deflections we were seeing?

Just seems like your roleclaim lacked details that are of utmost importance. Well, let's think: Strago was the Blue Magic type fella yes? Learned from what happened to him? So perhaps your initial role was that thin but as the game has progressed you have gained abilities? Hmm... Seeing as the floodgate has been put back into place I will leave my vote, also, in place, for now.

Thoughts?
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:36 pm

Post by Misha »

Well, I would think a deadline would be beneficial, of course I also think a extremely short night would be amusing as well. Just thinking about a non-attention paying mafia losing a kill amuses me greatly and it would set a nice precident to participate. :twisted:

Perhaps if less then 4 meaningful posts are made in the next 24 hours, deadline for Wednesday or Thursday 8pm EST/3 pm GMT?

As to the game, I doubt Strago has anything to do with deflections, but then again I can't think of any person in FF6 that would have that ability, save perhaps Celes and those would be to herself, not someone else.

Rosebud, one thing that may help you with deliberations about Mr. X is that Mog/white blob only showed up after Serpent was replaced. Serpent was a fairly new player, so may not have used his ability the first night. Since he has been replaced, Mog has acted both nights. This is not necessarily a true assement, it is only conjecture, but you can likely see where I am going with it.

One counter-argument is that Mog is a SK and choosing not to kill the first night helps with a vigilante claim, which is slightly re-enforced by the obvious choice so far (satiricalbob), but is lessened by the other 'choice', which failed (which to me indicates a possibility of failure for the dance, which would greatly weaken any SK role, which is difficult to win with to begin with.) Another is that vigilantes, in general, should not use their attacks first night.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:39 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Deadline is now set for this Sunday at 9:00 PM Central Time.
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:55 pm

Post by Hambone »

Mog is a SK and choosing not to kill the first night helps with a vigilante claim
This could turn into the same discussion that happened in Holy Grail mafia.

Well I am Innocent, if you need it proved, lynch me, for i am at 621 hp and it will not kill me, then a cop (assuming we have one) can check me tonight.

This will prove my innocence, but it will waste a day for us and give the mafia another chance to strike and maybe take me out overnight.
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:45 am

Post by Rosebud »

unvote: Mr. X

I'm very tempted to vote for Hambone now, because I've never seen a pro-town player ask to be investigated. That and the nightkill protection claim make me think he's a gf.

And I hadn't noticed before (PM popups don't always work properly for me), but I got some gil (Half of what I had at the moment) stolen last night as well.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:21 am

Post by Quagmire »

Vote count:

Not voting: 4 [Hambone, Misha, Gon, Rosebud]

4 to lynch.

~marker~
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:29 pm

Post by Misha »

Right, so unclaimed proven abilities

Deflection
Thievery 2 times at least
dancing
healing
killer(s)

Anyone want to claim the last one? :wink:

I'll have to read the Holy Grail mafia, should be interesting to see, any tips on which pages to read? Oh and lynching won't prove disprove your innocence and I doubt we have a cop left, I think we only have people matched up to the abilities listed above, plus possibly one not-listed.

So where do we go from here? I can give you my thoughts (with other people chiming in with their thoughts) on who is what with a bit of evidence to back it up, but it will give the doc up to the mafia. Alternatively we can just mass-claim or alternatively we can lynch Hambone or someone else. Those are the four options that I see. Thoughts, concerns, preferences?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:50 am

Post by Quagmire »

Vote count:

Not voting: 4 [Hambone, Misha, Gon, Rosebud]

4 to lynch.

~marker~

I only "updated" the vote count because I need to murderously update the thread.

POST!
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:30 pm

Post by Hambone »

Read Holy grail page 20 Night Stalker's Role Claim...

It seems we have three options:
1.) Lynch me, learn nothing and lose another townie overnight (assuming we have no cops) unless the doc can keep everyone above 500 hp. Or has it been established how much HP a nightkill takes off?

2.) Mass role claim

3.) Or start talking, hear suspicions, even little suspicions just keep this game going and maybe have a discussion of roles before the deadline.

I prefer the third one.
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:34 pm

Post by Hambone »

Also
Vote: Gon
for his severe lack of posts and even worse lack of content in the posts. Talk people we need some discussion here.
Gon
Gon
Townie
Gon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:26 pm

Post by Gon »

a) Severe lack of posts..... i m not the lowest, don't know why you pick me.
b) Lack of content.... maybe, i just look at things differently.
c) All mafia claim to be on the town's side.
d)
Vote: hambone
call it OMGUS if you want, but its not, if u refer to my previous post, i have been suspicious already.
e) Your role might be true, but giving us your role is by no means proving your innocence, whats more, with a role like that, its even more likely that you are the GF.
f) Coming out and putting a vote on me does not make you any less scum-ish, esp with a reason like lack of posts.
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:06 am

Post by Rosebud »

Hambone, remember that Gon's role is female due to his inability to vote for Enforcer, and there's only one even potentially evil female role in the source. And you forgot 4- Lynch you and have a night vigilante (If any) attack you tonight. I read page 20 of Holy Grail up to night falling, and I didn't really see anything that applied that much.

I'll vote for Hambone in about two days if nobody unvotes him or gives me a good reason not to.
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:06 am

Post by Rosebud »

Hambone, remember that Gon's role is female due to his inability to vote for Enforcer, and there's only one even potentially evil female role in the source. And you forgot 4- Lynch you and have a night vigilante (If any) attack you tonight. I read page 20 of Holy Grail up to night falling, and I didn't really see anything that applied that much.

I'll vote for Hambone in about two days if nobody unvotes him or gives me a good reason not to.
Mr. X
Mr. X
Townie
Mr. X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:50 am

Post by Mr. X »

I am keeping my vote because she wants to be investigated. That could get the cop to investigate someone that we already decided to lynch. The cop would then waste an investigation. The deadline is coming, so all I have to say is that the vigilantes should target hamone so we don't waste a lynch.
Show
Guess who?

No, not him.

No, not her.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:12 am

Post by Quagmire »

Vote count:

3 - Hambone [Reines, Mr. X, Gon]
1 - Gon [Hambone]

Not voting: 2 [Misha, Rosebud]

4 to lynch.
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:01 am

Post by Hambone »

I was referring to the Black knight claim and his reasons to not be considered a SK

He used one reason as that he hadnt killed anyone and backed up him claiming a vigilante.
Rosebud wrote:Hambone, remember that Gon's role is female due to his inability to vote for Enforcer, and there's only one even potentially evil female role in the source.
Ah, didn't notice that, sorry.
Unvote:Gon

Rosebud previously wrote:That and the nightkill protection claim make me think he's a gf.
I did not say I was immune to night attacks, simply that my role suggests they will have a lesser effect on me.
Mr. X wrote:The deadline is coming, so all I have to say is that the vigilantes should target hamone so we don't waste a lynch.
Let's see, 6 people left... lynch me and kill me that makes 5 people, maf kills one thats 4 ppl, assuming we have 2 scum left then town just lost.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”