Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:14 am

Post by Gaspode »

I agree that UT was dumb to make up the result, but I trust his claim more than DS'. Someone's a relatively new mod, and based on some of the things he's done (deadlines, for example), I doubt he'd think of the confirmable role idea. Plus, voting for Phoebus is just dumb--I confirmed him innocent.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:57 am

Post by modargo »

First of all, note that I don't care Dumbledore. All I asked, and all I still care about, is the three main characters.

Second, I find it interesting that you would not doubt UT's roleclaim when you say you took a photograph of UT and found that you "could hardly see the person there amoung all the books".

Third, I'm using my power to kill you. So sorry if you aren't scum, but you sure seem like it. And if you aren't dead by the next time the Mod logs on... then it would seem that you have some protection against kills that you weren't telling us about.

And for the record, I don't believe Phoebus either. Contrary to what Gaspode thinks, Phoebus is not confirmed -- all we know is that Phoebus accepted the Sorceror's Stone from Electra, who was Snape. The point that Electra would have given the stone to the person investigated (and found innocent) night 1 is a very good one. However, it overlooks the definite possibility of Phoebus being the mafia godfather. And Phoebus only made himself more suspicious when he claimed without providing any of his investigation results. You'd think, if he was pro-town, that he'd want to immediately say who he had investigated, so that we might have more information on who was probably telling the truth with their roleclaims. But he didn't....

Anyway, I've just sent the message to the Mod using my power to kill Dragon Slayer. Again, if he isn't dead by the next time the Mod logs on, he's been lying.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:59 am

Post by modargo »

modargo wrote:[...] that you would not doubt UT's roleclaim [...]
Should read "that you
would
doubt UT's roleclaim".
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:39 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Bah. Kill Phoebus please. He's the remaining mafia. I did not like this game at all.

-Dragon Slayed
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:29 pm

Post by Phoebus »

You want my results?
It brings up some interesting tit bits.

Night 1, I visited vIQleS as well. I heard him muttering something about herbology and potions homework.

Night 2 (and this is the interesting part) I targetted Gaspode but I got back a snippet of someone asking "Mr. Longbottom" as to why his shrinking potion had been the wrong colour. I'm inclined to believe at this moment that Gaspode is Harry but the "Mr. Longbottom" bit would indicate Snape talking (since he mentioned potions) or another teacher. Harry would never call Neville in such a formal manner. Therefore, I believe I was switched. Did any of you guys do that? Or were Gaspode (Harry) and possibly Electra (Snape) switched so that if one was targetted, it would actually affect the other?

As far as me being found innocent. Agreed I could be the Godfather but I'm not. While usually the Godfather would be found innocent by a cop, this game is about Harry Potter. The Godfather would logically be Voldemort. Now if Harry ever went and investigated Voldemort, I'm sure his scar would throw up a tantrum. Harry can usually feel Voldemort's rage or presence from miles away. If he actually went and visited/met/targetted him, I'm sure Harry would know!

-Phoebus
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:00 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Harry/Gaspode didn't investigate you. He knows the sorcer's stone was given to you by Electra and felt that Electra gave it to you because she found you innocent. So, you could very well be Voldemort the godfather.

You are. If it's still any use
Megga Confirm Vote Phoebus.

-DS
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:18 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

vote Phoebus
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:43 pm

Post by Thoth »

Could we get a vote count?

I'm ok with lynching either DS or Phoebus. I think they're both scum and the order in which we kill them does not really matter a lot to me.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Now that I look back, I think Thoth's role is ridiculously overpowered compared to everyone else's, especially for a mini. I said he had great power, not that he was Dumbledore and that his role was RIDICULOUS. Did he ever come up with a confirmed use of his role?
FOS Thoth
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:35 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

unvote Phoebus
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:19 pm

Post by Thoth »

My role is strong certainly maybe even too strong, but its not ridiculously overpowered. Its basically a strong vigilante.
One shot
only, but I don't kill my target.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:41 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

well, I guess I have to remember the theme... it just seems very powerful compared to the other roles.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:26 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Who did you use it on?

-DS
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:31 am

Post by Thoth »

Thoth wrote:I targeted Gaspode last night.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:24 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Hmm, who's mordargo going to kill during the day? Me or DS?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:29 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Ron's role makes little or no sense at all to me. He's just too powerful, especially in a mini. If you can investigate during the day, than why not do it to me or DS right now and prove that one of us is scum. Why won't you? BECAUSE YOU"RE LYING, MAFIA SCUM!
vote mordargo
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:20 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Come on people! Play the game!

-DS
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:45 am

Post by Thoth »

UT, Modargo told us he's doing just that:
Modargo wrote:Third, I'm using my power to kill you. So sorry if you aren't scum, but you sure seem like it. And if you aren't dead by the next time the Mod logs on... then it would seem that you have some protection against kills that you weren't telling us about.
Only problem is that Someone has not been online since then. It seems like the mod needs to be prodded somehow. He has also not posted on the last two pages, not even a vote count.

I think it's best that we at least wait with lynching anyone until the mod gets back online.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:47 am

Post by modargo »

Dragon Slayer wrote:Come on people! Play the game!
I plan to, as soon as the Mod logs on and either goes through with my kill or tells me it didn't work. Until then, I see little point.

And Untrod Tripod: Frankly, I really don't care what you think. In the past page and a half, you've either FoSed or voted for everyone but yourself and Gaspode, in addition to lying,
for no reason
, about your night 1 investigation. If you actually took the trouble to read what had been posted, you would have been able to avoid that, and you probably would also have realized that I already used my ability, to kill Dragon Slayer, and that all we're waiting for is for the Mod to log on to say what happened. Try to think before you post.

I also find it
very
funny that you said the exact same thing -- that the role was "too powerful" -- about Thoth, and then immediately backed off when he reminded you that it was one-shot. And now, you accuse me and vote for me, for the same reason, with the same mistake? My role is
also
one-shot,
as I said in my original roleclaim
. But you apparently can't be troubled to read what anybody has said more than a page ago.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:40 am

Post by Someone »

Dragon Slayer
dies, he was
draco malfoy
and he wanted to kill all people from gryffindoor. He had a night kill every night.

Vote count:
Modargo 1(Untrod Tripod)
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:08 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I was Draco Malfoy? Go figure. My role didn't specify that... would have appreciated it though.

-DS
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:29 am

Post by modargo »

What a
surprise
. Whoever would've thought, DS scum and me telling the truth about my role?

It's time to get rid of the last scum. Phoebus is pretty obvious, having claimed an unimportant, unlikely role. To me, another thing that's really telling is how he didn't post his supposed investigation results at the same time as the rest of his roleclaim. I really don't see any reason that he would have withheld that information at that point, except for not having thought it up yet.

I'm pretty sure I posted slightly longer explanations of that in the past few pages. Go read them, if you want.

Also, the majority of DS's points still hold, given that he was trying for his only chance: Attempt to lead a bandwagon against the other remaining anti-town and try to ride the credit to not getting lynched the next day.

vote: Phoebus
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:47 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Oh, didn't catch that.... sorry modargo....
unvote mordargo :oops: vote Phoebus
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:31 pm

Post by Phoebus »

The only reason I did not post my results with the role claim was because I did not think it was necesasry to do so right away.
I was still puzzling over how Gaspode knew about Snape being Electra if Electra were Snape and Harry being a Gryfindor, would have been killed had they had any contact amongst themselves. Once I figured that it was cuz Electra was dead...I posted my results right away including the part of me targetting Gaspode.

If I were Voldemort and him Harry, I'm sure *something* would have happened to either of us. Again, apparently I was switched but when Electra investigated me on N1, as Snape, she would have felt her dark mark burn as well. Though he does work under Dumbledore, all of his latest actions in the books indicate that Snape is in some contact with Voldemort, as a spy of some sort apparently. A spy for whom? We don't know. I re iterate that this is Harry Potter. The game mechanics must reflect the book in some ways...certainly. So, since Snape got an innocent result, you have to believe that I'm innocent.
Voldemort can't be an ordinary sort of GF. And I would believe Snape would qualify as a role detecting cop.

As for my vote now, I'm gonna
Vote:Untrod Tripod

For the last page and a half, he has been FoSing this person and voting for that one. Now he jumps on quickly to vote for me. As far as I can see, they are tactics of a nervous scum, who has lost his two partners too early in the game and that too very cheaply, who wants someone dead and lynched so night may approach quickly and he may be that one victim closer to winning the game, as well as have time to regroup and think a new strategy.

-Phoebus
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:55 am

Post by Thoth »

vote:Phoebus

I assume that makes it a lynch as we've got only 5 players left now and 3 votes on Phoebus.
In the unlikely event that Phoubus is the not the last scum we've still got another chance next day.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”