Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm so glad I'm in this game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Fate »

Shouldn't you be putting more effort into saving me Baltar?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Fate »

YOU ARE MY SCUM BUDDY AFTERALL
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Honestly, if it would get people to shut up about Fate is scum and it was earlier in the game, I'd probably hammer you. But I don't think we can afford that right now. I am waiting for Equinox to contribute so we can move forward with the game state.

Also, see you in the QT. *whisper whisper*
YOUR AD HERE

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Equinox »

That avatar is going to be obnoxious to look at while catching up.
LuckayLuck wrote:Though the direction of his thoughts is a little troubling.
What about it is troubling?

I don't think Fate is scum because calling Shadow Dancer town at the very last minute when his flip was imminent is not the sort of thing I see scum doing. It would have been better to bus Shadow Dancer to the end. What Fate did drew negative publicity, and I'm sure Fate-scum would've been aware that this would happen prior to defending Shadow Dancer. Those posts read more to me like he wanted to be Cassandra for a day.

I'll admit my read on AlmasterGM is a weak one. I noticed while skimming the thread for votes that he came up a couple of times as a wagon competing with Shadow Dancer, and my impression was that it was likely a wagon on town. I guess I'll have better detail to work with as I continue reading the thread, but for now that's my read of him.

crypto's reactions to things on Day 1 read to me as town.

My read of Vigilante Ventriloquist is pretty much a read of Percy. Early on Day 1, he questioned people's assumptions of the setup, showing thought of how to approach the game; I don't have any specifics in my notes, but it came off as town-motivated as opposed to scum-motivated.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #61

crypto and Maemuki have both failed to pick up their prods. However, I'm going to re-prod them (without BCC this time) and give them a little bit longer (
not 24 hours
) because I'm dead tired and not going to go through the hassle of asking for replacements until tomorrow.

Fate:
Luckayluck
, Vigilante Ventriloquist, RedCoyote, AlmasterGM (L-2)
Vigilante Ventriloquist: Fate, VP Baltar

Not voting:
crypto, Equinox, Maemuki,
AlmasterGM
, LuckayLuck

On guillotine:
Equinox

Deadline is on April 13th, 2011, at 6:00 PM central time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to end the day immediately.

With no new votes until deadline, Fate will be placed on guillotine.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Fate »

COME ON CRYPTO.

DONT JUST SIT BY AND WATCH ME BURN AFTER YOU CALLED ME TOWN EXTRAORDINAIRE.

YOU WONT LURK THROUGH THIS DAY YOU SCUMBAG
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Spoiler: Read this if you want to see how I came to my conclusions on SD
SD iso 1 wrote:How would a discussion on the lineup help you determine if Crypto is scum?
Potentially a weak distancing attempt early on. Let's give crypto a little bit for this.
SD iso 4 wrote:@Baltar: So now after Crypto has answered: What did his answer tell you about his allignment?
Wow, more speaking on crypto's behalf. Let's give him a little bit more for this.
SD iso 5 wrote:Of course Crypto is thinking about the setup - you asked him to do so. But how do you consider asking him about the setup scum-hunting?

@Crypto: Seriously: No idea. I am trying to find out what he was up to.
This was kind of a weird discussion that I don't really remember happening. I'd write it off except for the fact that SD flipped scum and crypto is still alive.
SD iso 9 wrote:
unvote. cote Anti

Mimicing Fate and hot air is not enough.
This is still very early into the game. The wagon at this point was LL, Sim, Fate, and now SD. Knowing that SD is scum, of course this isn't genuine. I think this really begins to establish a connection between them though. There were several other different votes cast at that point.
SD iso 26 wrote:I seriously don't know how some people consider Jarti's last post a town-tell... It explains his previous rather dispensable question to the mod a bit, but that is completely null...
Either trying to egg on a mislynch or trying to distance a little more here. It's still noteworthy.
SD iso 28 wrote:I got some bad vibes from Con, Sim and Jarty.
I am also a bit suspicious of Percy and Alma right now...

And after reading Ythill's and LL's strategy arguments again I am still convinced that Ythill's proposed tactic is the best, since most stable, tactic...

I'll elaborate on it tomorrow, good night.
Oh, here you go. Here's a little nugget of scumhunting deliciousness.

You can look at this a couple of different ways. There's surely one scum in that group of five, he lists as suspicious, but that's not going to help us much at this juncture given that four of them are still alive.

Now, would he hide his buddy (or buddies) in the "bad vibes" or the "bit suspicious" category. Usually scum just want to give their buddies a touch of suspicion, but, based on my level of involvement in this game, I'm betting that this post makes Jarti look worst of all.

Another thing to note is how I'm not on this list (despite the fact that SD ends up voting me for nearly the entire D2 & 3.
SD iso 29 wrote:That Baltar waggon needs to stop.

I coulds see Percy as scum, his reasoning to jump on that waggon felt really stretched to me.
Connection points to both VPB and VV.
SD iso 30 wrote:I don't know. I still like the Anti waggon, but that's not going to do much in the near future as it seems and Percy and Conc, though derserving more pressure, don't even have a waggon O_o. So I'll join the Alma waggon
This reads to me like misdirection. I do not see an AGM-SD partnership in the cards. I think this was another mislynch attempt (like Anti was).

What's better about this post is his blurbs on Jarti and Percy. Both of them look like potential connections. He's really riding Jarti pretty hard though, which makes Percy look a little more likely as a partner...

Of course his other partner is undoubtedly in his supposed current town reads (essentially the players he's not mentioning). Either VPB, Fate, crypto, or LL.

Long story short. One buddy is between Equinox/Concission, AGM, VV/Percy, and Mae/Jarti, and the other is between VPB, Fate, crypto, and LL.

I've been beating around the bush, but I'm officially ready to declare a Fate/VPB partnership dead. It just doesn't make sense from what I'm reading here of SD. I just don't think he'd mark both of his partners as super townie. In VPB's case, he lays it on super thick. Calling out the people who are voting him as well as speaking on his behalf against crypto early in the game. With Fate it's more subtle. It's like there's an
unspoken alliance
between him and Fate, heh.

SD, let me test my theory... what's the next noteworthy thing you say?
SD iso 32 wrote:But Baltar is still town, Ythill...
Bingo.

This is really starting to look less and less like an SD-VPB partnership. This is just way too thick of a connection he's setting himself.
SD iso 35 wrote:And my scum reads were listed in no particular order other than how the names dropped into my consciousness. Right now I wouldn't put Jarti into my top three.
This is a weird backpedal on Jarti. Hmmm... I think this is enough to bring Jarti back up to the same level as VV/Percy once again. For those keeping score at home. VV/Percy and Mae/Jarti are leaving AGM and Equinox/Concission in the dust. The former two look much more likely to be partners than the latter two.
SD iso 37 wrote:@Alma: I hope you post soon. The further progress of this game dependends a lot on you right now.
Coaching? Eh, I'll give it some acknowledgment.
SD iso 44 wrote:Woow... Looks like I missed quite a bit... And I see an Alma post. An its quite a long one :\ On first read I see quite some things that need commenting. But I'm too lazy to write a WOT now. Maybe tomorrow.

Unvote
. for now.
This doesn't look too good either.

He didn't even address AGM's post. He just says that he'll unvote him "for now".

Ugh, this is throwing me off a bit. AGM is looking a little more likely to be a buddy now. I still don't see any Concission connection at all though.
SD iso 53 wrote:If you have as much cloes meta of Baltar as you claim, could you somehow convert that knowledge into some coherent line of thought, that could explain your case to otheres (or at least me :P) without the need of a deeper knowledge of his meta or to read one of those games?!
This was too Concission, but this just lends greater support to my theory that SD and VPB were simply too close for comfort. Bringing up VPB as a townread in every other post is forcing the point.
SD iso 54 wrote:Luck's making way too much of a show out of everything :\ Not sure what to make of it, yet...
This is half-assed. Gives more support to a possible LL connection. If it's broken down like I think it is, now we're at something like...

Fate >>>>>>>>> LL >> crypto >>>>>>VPB

and

Mae > VV >>> AGM >>>>>>>>>>> Equinox
SD iso 60 wrote:Call me overfocussed, but I also don't like how RC lapses onto VV's half baked cases.
I don't remember this point. I don't even know what he's talking about. VV and I agreed on Fate, but I don't recall ever "lapsing" onto anymore of his "half baked cases". I bring this up because this makes VV slightly more likely of a partner (trying to tie a townie to his partner).
SD iso 66 wrote:Hmmm... RC's attack on Fate feels forcefully stretched.
Yeah, I'll bet. SD hardly every mentions Fate in his posts. The few times he does, it's either fluff or it's him talking about someone else's relationship to Fate. He did this with me here, but he also did this with Antihero a couple of times and now me. He's not talking with Fate directly. He doesn't want to have to call him town. Compare this to someone like VPB or LL. VPB he bring up every other post, constantly defending his honor. This originally sidetracked me, I think, and got me thinking there was a connection between them. Now I see SD just wanted there to be a connection between him and VPB. In LL's case, he's giving a more traditional "could be scum, could be town" thing. There could be a connection here, although I think it's more likely in Fate's case.
SD iso 68 wrote:Fate is about 80% Fate and 20% good points (even more so since he gave up on his 2-liner-policy) which probably means he is 90% town (metaphorically speaking that is, not exact numbers) with the 10% missing being my doubts if I can read Fate at all...
He's starting to bring up Fate a little more, but this is still the first time he has actually given his opinion on Fate himself directly (as opposed to the indirect method I mentioned above). Remember though that this is around the time that someone (me) actually starts calling out Fate. I don't think Glados has yet, but Fate was actually posting a lot more around this time.
SD iso 79 wrote:@Baltar: Your assumption that scum would neccesarily claim a PR is naive at best, especially considering the lynch mechanic which would give scum another day on the guillotine... And the tracker, which Sim could have been, considering that you considered him town, would also have claimed VT, just to get that one track in instead of being NKed right away. And a simple CC of any lesser town role would hardly have hurt town but scum would nonthelless have been confirmed becuase scum would obviously not CC a claimed town PR. But that's not even the point at all.
The point is that you pressed a claim and hence a sure lynch on some one that you considered a townie although you knew that it would mean his doom. And that is smething I cannot make any sense of from a townie PoV.
This is kind of a weird 180 in his reads, but, spoiler alert, SD ends up still calling VPB for sure town before he dies, so I'm not going to let this influence me much.
SD iso 81 wrote:IN CASE NO ONE NOTICED: CONC MADE A STUNNING 180° TURN FROM OPPOSING A CLAIM TO APPROVING IT, OBVIOUSLY WITHOUT EVEN REMEBERING HER EARLIER OPINION.
IN CASE NO ONE NOTICED: THIS BIG ALL CAPS COMMENT REALLY DOESN'T MAKE ME THINK THAT CONCISSION IS SCUM CONNECTED TO SD.
SD iso 82 wrote:AGM was a good lynch yesterday and still is today, but never my top suspect. How is my waggoning him scummy? Even if it's not the first time?
You know, I kind of forgot to include this in the earlier part of this post. SD and AGM aren't buddies. There was a time earlier in the game where that was a very reasonable conclusion, but given the fact that he tried to sneak a lynch on him (and there's no way no how that you can convince me that SD didn't know what he was doing), AGM really has a lot going in his favor.
SD iso 84 wrote:Baltar is still town - hell annoyingly erratic town - but still as town as any big accumulation of buildings.
Yay! My theory is getting more and more evidence. SD is just keeping on with the "VPB is town" schtick. Anyways, I've known there were at least two scum (I said there were possibly three during D3, but that was more because I really knew one of them were scum and was willing to take the mislynch if we could get them both... I realize now that was probably not the best direction to go because now VPB is sold on Fate as town, in part, I'm sure, due to my stubbornness) in this SD-VPB-Fate triumvate for some time now. I'm just waiting for this town to get a damn clue.

I couldn't decide who was worse, but reading over SD in isolation clearly points to Fate.

The harder question is who the third is.
SD iso 96 wrote:So yeah... AGM was scummy scumscum, is scummy scumscum and remains scummy scumscum.
unvote. vote AGM
Heh. More evidence that AGM is town.
SD iso 98 wrote:About Fate lynch... I don't know. I don't really trust my early town read on him, but I still have it, the last few pages of terrible WIFOM were a lot over the top, though... Still not at all a reason to not lynch the really scummy guys...
Oh, wow. Wow, wow, wow.

Can you say backpedaling? It's like everything he ever had to say about Fate is so completely artifical. Now he's defaulting on the, "could be town, could be scum" routine.
SD iso 105 wrote:Scum team: AGM + RC: Fate already mentioned a million more damn good bloody reasons than I would ever care to do for even the slowest of you to get bith the individual scumminesses of those two as well as the obvious connection.
And here Fate is town again, I guess. So, even though SD "doesn't really trust his early town read" on him, He's absolutely right about an AGM+RC partnership?
SD iso 105 wrote:Third scum: Whaddafuk do I know. Some one along Maem/LL/Conc (in that order of likelihood).

Somewhat townsomethingelish: VV, Crypto
The third scum is definitely in here. Going based on my theory that there's a scum in one group and a scum in the other group, you can rule out LL and crypto. Again, this points to my earlier suspicion that the third scum is either VV or Mae. They're both virtually tied here.
SD iso 111 wrote:VV looks really worse now.
And his voting behaviour draws a strong connection to RC scum. He's expressed some suspicion of fate since ... I think even D2, why has he withheld his vote so long?!
However, both Alma's and LL's votes on Fate are also both super scummy...
Eh, maybe a last ditch effort to get VV lynched? It could go either way, but this doesn't read like a VV-SD partnership. Still giving the edge to Mae.

Long story short, there are two people who I'd pretty much rule out as scum now: VPB and AGM.

There's a scum in the group of Fate, crypto, and LL and one in the group of Mae, Equinox, and VV based primarily off of SD's post 241.

To further take my reads into account, I just don't really see LL or Equinox as scumreads. I guess it doesn't matter at this point if Equinox is scum or not (although if that slot does flip scum it will end up completely changing everything I'm concluding on its head). I mean personally, from playing this game, I did not (or do in LL's case) get strong scumvibes from them. Reading over SD hasn't really changed that. They both may still be potential buddies, but I did not see overwhelming evidence that would lead me to believe that. In other words, because of these things, I'm throwing them out.

So we have four potential partnerships in my eyes:

Fate - VV
Fate - Mae
crypto - VV
crypto - Mae

One of these four players should be our lynch today. That much goes without saying. My next goal is to analyze the strength of each of these partnerships, but I can tell you right now I'm already inclined toward Fate & Mae. They've had a very flaky, strange relationship throughout the game. It's something I actually witnessed and brought up (here and here) during the game more than any of the other potential partnerships.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Equinox wrote: I don't think Fate is scum because calling Shadow Dancer town at the very last minute when his flip was imminent is not the sort of thing I see scum doing. It would have been better to bus Shadow Dancer to the end. What Fate did drew negative publicity, and I'm sure Fate-scum would've been aware that this would happen prior to defending Shadow Dancer. Those posts read more to me like he wanted to be Cassandra for a day.
"Wine in front of me" argument

Fate's "alignment" was decided on his intent on whether or not to voting Shadow Dancer, not on what he thought about Shadow Dancer after. Perhaps it's clever that he shouted about Shadow Dancer being town, trying to mask his information.

By the way, the most damning thing is that Fate really sprung his "Shadow Dancer is town" argument in the last bit, he didn't reveal this controversial thought anywhere in the first 2 weeks of the last game day.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Looks like it ended up being 24 hours after all.

I'm going to ask for replacements now, but given the extreme game-length,
I won't
replace the players out while I'm searching. If they can return before I confirm a replacement, I'll let them stay, because this is a single access failure instead of chronic lurking. (I would replace immediately if this was a third-prod-received situation.)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Equinox - where are you in your catchup? Usually you're a pretty hard working town, so I'm pretty anxious to hear from you. Any idea on completion date?

@RC - What we need to do is calculate out exactly how many lynches we have left. I have a feeling this is partially going to have to be luck based given the delayed flips. I just got up so I'm kind of lazy atm, but maybe in a couple hours I will figure out how many times we can lynch and how many of those people listed we can afford to get rid of.
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Fate »

*whistles*

I had a dream last night that Maemuki and Jarti were the last scum.

*shrug*
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Fate »

errr Maemuki and Baltar**
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Fate »

LuckayLuck wrote: Fate's "alignment" was decided on his intent on whether or not to voting Shadow Dancer, not on what he thought about Shadow Dancer after. Perhaps it's clever that he shouted about Shadow Dancer being town, trying to mask his information.

By the way, the most damning thing is that Fate really sprung his "Shadow Dancer is town" argument in the last bit, he didn't reveal this controversial thought anywhere in the first 2 weeks of the last game day.
This looks like something I can refute.

Besides my optimal scum strategy being: Never get lynched. never be suspected. And doing that through use of bussing like hell and not "ZOMG WIFOM GAMBIT I CALLED MAH SCUMBUDDIES TOWNN" this case isn't really accurate.

But that's just me self-metaing. Let me go ISO myself to show you I thought SD was town all day long
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Fate »

meh, ewll I was pretty torn and uncaring about his flip for most of the early day, merely stating that "We should probably wait for SD's flip before revisiting the AGM/RC issue, because AGM is town if SD is scum."

Later on I saw that VV made a really scummy move with the quickhammer fiasco, which only made sense if SD was scum, so I noted it.

Lastly, when SDancer actually started FUCKIN POSTING in thread, he made such accurate reads (me and VP being obvtown) that I was definitely ok with calling him town at that point and using his vote to increase wagon sizes.

*shrug*
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

A quick PSA.

There are two big differences between this set of replacements and the last:

1.) These players have complete access failure (the prods are still in my outbox) as opposed to repeated lurking, the latter of which I dislike far more (my future activity policies will reflect this).

2.) I deliberately gave them more time due to the extreme game length, instead of following my activity policy to the letter.

Due to these factors, there
will
be a deadline extension. I'll pick an exact time when the two slots are filled. In the meantime, do not worry about deadline.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Fate »

I don't even know what slots are getting replaced anymore.

Since I just replaced Maemuki in another game thats one.

The other is ??LOLZLOZLZOLZ
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

s'okay. we have enough to lynch VV anyhow. Still by far the best play for today.
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Fate »

Why are players having such a hard time reading me this game VP?

Something about me and Open set-ups, I swear >_>
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, the way the wagon's played out the last day made you look pretty bad actually. So I don't really blame anyone for having a scum read on you from that. If VV doesn't flip scum, it's not unreasonable to think that SD tried to save you. And your early play was uncharacteristically lazy.

Other than that, I think you've been pretty fate-town.
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Fate »

Hmmm Shadow Dancer, as he said, "knew what he was doing."

I feel nasty with all this paint.

But yeah it was lazy, but can you blame me? The only sheep I had was LL, and even then it turned out my early tunneling target was town, and Ythill was all "NO I LEAD TOWN TEHEHAHEHEHEHE" so there wasn't much for me to do.

And hell if I was gonna start posting walls and shit.

The only thing I regret is not hammering SD when I had the chance. His hop on the AGM wagon really pinged my scumdar.

Come to think of it, the only reason I switched back was because of you Baltar, who was pissed that AGM had evaded a lynch through no postings of his own >_>
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Fate »

Oh I forgot to add:

Equinox posting in other games is starting to really piss me off.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Equinox »

Fate wrote:Equinox posting in other games is starting to really piss me off.
I've been reading this game all morning. I need a break, you know?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

RedCoyote 4 President.

Lynch Fate 4 Justice.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Fate »

HURRRRRRRRRR

Return to “Completed Open Games”