Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Yetichain »

What did you check? Pretty sure NK15's claimed role targets someone since they crumbed targeting Dunkers, but his role doesn't really make sense on scum anyway so if they're scum I'd assume it's a fakeclaim.

gara being scum explains why they were reluctant to commit to jailing me N2. Why would acid have jailed Dunkers instead of killing? To fake an almost guilty on a player unlikely to have been the NK target?

I'd still prefer Porkens today, but the argument for gara is good.
Hydra of Keychain and Yeticrab.
(But mostly Keychain <3 )
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 am

Post by northsidegal »

so, in the world where acid is scum, why would he jailkeep someone night one instead of killing? the thought just occurred to me: earlier in the day he was asking for someone to chat with (ie someone to neighborize). at that point in the game he probably expected that, going into night one, his partner would still be alive and would be performing the kill (given that jabarkas was a ninja). again assuming that scum can't kill and use their action in the same night, i think it would be kind of a large point of suspicion against acid if he didn't end up targeting someone night one, given how much he had talked about it.

ehh, maybe i'm confbiasing myself on this one, but i hope not.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

faking a guilty is another potential reason, and so is avoiding the tracker that jabarkas mentioned in his dying rant, although those points aren't garaputo specific.

i was looking at this post for nk15:
In post 1262, Not Known 15 wrote:Ok...
Only claiming my card(s) on further request:

I am a
1.self-sensing ascetic. I know what is intended to hit me at night, and last night no one visited. Sadly, no one fell for the trap and claimed visiting me.
2.Dead-Neighbourizer. If you look back at my ISO when I was about to be hammered I made some posts related to that (1. Dunker 2.No contribution=sus)
Dead-Neighbourizer means that I neighbourize someone upon my own death.
In post 1255, nancy wrote:Why do you think massclaim helps town here?
Because Jarbakas( who was scum) didn't want a massclaim, and I think that indicates that scum have to lose something to a massclaim. Whether it is info or sth else, dunno.
i don't think there's anything here about targeting people.

things fall apart
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Yetichain »

Yeah, maybe targets after death instead of at night.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:16 am

Post by garaputo »

I agree with your logic that it seems reasonable to conclude either scum did not submit a NK 2x or they couldn't act and submit a NK at the same time. I see no reason to believe anyone is lying about their role at this point, and NK15 claimed pretty early to risk lying given we have a rolecop. I don't know what else may exist in this setup that I'm unaware of, but I know this line of thinking is leading you towards suspecting the wrong person.

That being said:
I'd much rather you lynch me today and then lynch NK15 tomorrow than whiff on the lynch today and come after me tomorrow.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:16 am

Post by northsidegal »

although avoiding a tracker is still kind of an acid/garaputo specific thing – given that porkens is novice and nk15 doesn't target anyone, both of them would only be seen targeting one player. even if that player was the nightkill it might still be reasonably explained by some role. if acid was tracked while jailing someone, however, he would have been tracked to two different people, which would probably confirm him as scum.

i'm not really sure that's something acid would have thought about though, and if acid made a kill i wouldn't see why he would jail anybody anyways, given that we didn't really have any roleclaims. we know that he had limited shots, so maybe this point is meaningless in that if acid was killing he wouldn't have jailed anyone in the first place.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:17 am

Post by northsidegal »

okay.

VOTE: garaputo

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:18 am

Post by garaputo »

Get NK15 tomorrow ok?

[post=garaputo]garaputo[/post]

L-1
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:18 am

Post by garaputo »

Ugh. VOTE: garaputo
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 am

Post by northsidegal »

by the way, has anyone actually asked ffery if scum could do the two things simultaneously? if not,

@mod could scum perform the factional kill and use any role actions they might have simultaneously?

things fall apart
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Yetichain »

Interesting point. I don't think she'll answer since it's not in the OP, but worth trying I guess.

garaputo wrote:Ugh. VOTE: garaputo
I also "ugh" at dramatic self voting.

That's so tempting but I would still prefer Porkens today, and reconsider gara tomorrow if we mislynch.

garaputo wrote:Get NK15 tomorrow ok?
Maybe make a stronger argument? I'm feeling less and less like lynching NK15 every moment.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:28 am

Post by garaputo »

The ugh was about the consistent failure to format posts properly.

If you don't vote NK15 tomorrow I wash my hands of the loss, unless you are the last scum Yeti, in which case, well played.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am

Post by northsidegal »

i read this as more of a saving throw of wifom than someone so convinced that nk15 is scum that he'd self vote. the strength of the read expressed here:
In post 1790, garaputo wrote:Something about Porkens play makes me think they are actively trying to puzzle out the game. Same with Yeti. Today I've strongly felt NK15 is basically like "lynch not me, but I don't care whom" which isn't exactly what I'd expect from someone who can die and still win the game.
is not consistent with the strength of a read that you'd be willing to die for if town sheeps you on.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 am

Post by garaputo »

I guess you don't undershand how I think then. I have the ability to die and not lose, I do not think NK15 does. It's simple poe to me.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:34 am

Post by northsidegal »

huh, just realized that i've been assuming yeti is town this whole time. that's probably bad.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:34 am

Post by garaputo »

Yeti is probably the towniest of the non-me towns.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

Post by garaputo »

Literally my first strong town read of the game was based on post - I do not see scum Yeti making that post.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

Post by northsidegal »

if garaputo isn't scum then it's yeti (going off of night actions). if porkens is scum who gambitted no-killing then *shrug*.

hopefully it's garaputo so i can be absolved of my poor play the rest of this game.

pedit:
garaputo wrote:Yeti is probably the towniest of the non-me towns.
that's just me thinking in terms of night actions there. keychain has definitely fooled me before, so i guess i would put more weight into the night actions than into the daygame.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am

Post by garaputo »

Look if you all see a live NK15 tomorrow, lynch NK15. This shouldn't even be a discussion.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

to clarify, both garaputo and yeti have explanations for, if they were scum, why there weren't any kills outside of deliberately doing so. for yeti it's targeting dunker night one thinking that nk15 was softing hiding behind dunker (as she described to nancy. she also still believes the targeting part of this, as seen in ), and for night two it's being jailkept.

she did apparently roleblock dreal night one, although i need to check if we ever confirmed that at all.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1818, garaputo wrote:Look if you all see a live NK15 tomorrow, lynch NK15. This shouldn't even be a discussion.
why? there are a lot of things that
just don't make sense
if nk15 is scum (oh no, i'm sounding like myself in open 700). i know that you said the same thing applies to a lot of people, but that's a really weak defense.

things fall apart
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Yetichain »

Don't think roleblock was confirmed.
garaputo wrote:Literally my first strong town read of the game was based on post - I do not see scum Yeti making that post.
Uhh, why not?
garaputo wrote:I guess you don't undershand how I think then. I have the ability to die and not lose, I do not think NK15 does. It's simple poe to me.
But NK15 wasn't trying to push people to vote Porkens earlier in , he was going for further discussion on players not under pressure and then wanted the "rest of the votes", even though there was a good chance they would be on him. That seems townie to me. That's what I asked about earlier and you gave a general response.
In post 1779, Porkens wrote:NSG, I'm town. You, as either alignment should hammer NK15. If you are town, I think he must be scum and we win the game.

If you are scum and he is town, you should be able to get my lynched tomorrow no problem.

please.
This seemed like panic to me though when Porkens was at L-1 though.

Argument for gara scum is good.

Intent to hammer garaputo.

northsidegal wrote:if garaputo isn't scum then it's yeti (going off of night actions). if porkens is scum who gambitted no-killing then *shrug*.

hopefully it's garaputo so i can be absolved of my poor play the rest of this game.
If gara isn't scum and Porkens and I are both alive tomorrow, we can go from there.

I feel similarly about the second sentiment, I've been phoning it in a wee bit up until now. Ah well.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 1820, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1818, garaputo wrote:Look if you all see a live NK15 tomorrow, lynch NK15. This shouldn't even be a discussion.
why? there are a lot of things that
just don't make sense
if nk15 is scum (oh no, i'm sounding like myself in open 700). i know that you said the same thing applies to a lot of people, but that's a really weak defense.
I know it in my bones that if you were scum, you'd have lynched (someone) by now. Between Porkens, Yeti and NK15, it's not even close who to chose. Just look at NK15 today, that's all you really need.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 am

Post by garaputo »

Go ahead Yeti - good luck tomorrow.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:46 am

Post by northsidegal »

looks like dreal couldn't confirm one way or the other whether he was roleblocked, although thinking more i wonder if keychain would claim a roleblock on him when she didn't know if that was true or not. so hopefully i'm right about garaputo.
In post 1476, drealmerz7 wrote:my exact role is seeking neighborizer

my other cards are balance and death

I am also an idiot and I want to go puke because I just went and looked at my PM to make sure I had the other cards right, and my seeking neighborizer role is DAY submission and I submitted at Night

I'm really pissed at myself, I don't typically make such mistakes, what the fucking fuck

blehhhhhhhh
pedit will read all of that in a second

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”