micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1796, mastina wrote:
In post 1790, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:If you sent a rolechange to someone rn, when would they be informed of it?
You have the absolute shittiest reading comprehension I've ever seen.
In post 1761, mastina wrote:
In post 1757, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:TW lynch happened at 9:29 PM, so we got our rolechange PM 3 minutes after that.
Which makes perfect sense.
Because I can change my target any time prior to the end of the phase.
Obviously, the change can't take place
until
the end of the phase. (Specifically, immediately after.)
I can submit any time prior to the lynch, and the change happens immediately after the lynch.
I would appreciate it if you’d fucking knock off the insults. Kthanx. :roll:

So, this can’t confirm or unconfirm until after the EOD 2.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1799, mastina wrote:
In post 1795, skitter30 wrote:idk posts like this one are kinda townie but i'm a little wary that they're designed to seem that way to get people to back off lynching you
Well I'd be self-voting right now if not still deciding who to target, so.
Why would you be self-voting, if you’re town?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1801, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1799, mastina wrote:
In post 1795, skitter30 wrote:idk posts like this one are kinda townie but i'm a little wary that they're designed to seem that way to get people to back off lynching you
Well I'd be self-voting right now if not still deciding who to target, so.
Why would you be self-voting, if you’re town?
To get out of the game lol

I don’t self vote but I get the sentiment
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1797, Slaxx wrote:
Mastina is an onion. There’s always another layer.

She could do this as either alignment but the point is the town suspects her, her PR use is up if real, and her flip is valuable. In this situation you’re either doing what she wants, or calling her bluff.
yeah idk
still think she's prob the best lynch today

my gut says that she's responsible for the role i got tho
for me, with my playstyle and how i tend to approach things, the role is very wifom-y inducing and i think she's the only person here who would know that and try to utilize it; it feels like the sort of thing she'd try to capitlize on if she really knows my playsytle as well as she claims she does

(it's entirely possible that scum just yolo'd it tho and picked me for the lolz, idk)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

meh idk i'll prob claim after everyone else shows up and i see everyone else's reactions to this

also @podoboq/pinkball/sheep i'd like you to explain your read on me please and thank you
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:21 am

Post by podoboq »

Good morning.
In post 1804, skitter30 wrote:meh idk i'll prob claim after everyone else shows up and i see everyone else's reactions to this

also @podoboq/pinkball/sheep i'd like you to explain your read on me please and thank you
You're town. I tend to overly townread activity and actually playing the game in a healthy and participatory way, so that read from day one isn't something I entirely trust, but today you essentially counterclaimed mastina, which I don't think happens as scum for any reason. I don't understand how you could possibly be scum. You're basically IC to me.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:25 am

Post by podoboq »

mastina is looking town to me in the way she's responding to this game, but her claim is nonsense, and asking people to openly discuss who she should pick is horrible play as town. Since you all have decided to discuss this openly, if mastina is telling the truth, it's pretty damn obvious who her day one target was. And the plan is just to make the day two target public knowledge? What is the point of redacting your targets' names if you're just going to imply them in a game that has only six living options anyway.

Also, why would you ever choose Nibbui, the almost definite NK? Why is nobody else asking that question? This claim makes no sense, and pretending that skitter's claim "
proves
" the truth of mastina's is trash.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:33 am

Post by podoboq »

I would be posting this stuff in the dead thread, but I don't have the good fortune of being dead, so I'm gonna post it here. This isn't AI content, and it's not discussing AI content. I just need to say it.

Spoiler:
In post 1721, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1714, Slaxx wrote:Maybe if you focused on talking about this game and weren’t a hysterical basket case you’d know that
You watch it. Another crack like that and I’m reporting you.
Jesus, get a thicker skin or stop playing mafia for a while.

Lobbing an insult here or there isn't against site or game rules.
In post 1005, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I never fake my emotions, therefore nothing I do is ever forced, sloppy, possibly but forced? never.
In post 1311, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:A) I never fake my emotions.
This is pretty flagrantly playing with the line of trust tell, though, which is explicitly against site rules. Watch it or I might report you :roll:
In post 1327, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1324, the worst wrote:Basically like you've got a pretty broad scumrange wrt emotions + selfmeta cognisance so I wanna see the back side of that. what part of your play here do you think should be making sheep and/or me go "oh yeah ok Nancy is town"?
In post 1323, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1321, the worst wrote:Nancy I scumread your predecessor and don't townread your contributions so far... what do you think has been outside your scumrange?
If you think I would ever tell you to fuck off as scum, then our friendship has been an absolute sham.
You clearly think I fucking care more about winning a stupid game more than our friendship?

You honestly think that little of me?
Whether or not you consider the "
faking emotions
" thing a trust tell, this is unacceptable. While it's not against site rules, you are holding your relationships with other players hostage, telling them that scumreading you means that they care more about the game than your friendship. How dare you do that to another player. Insults are happening within the context of a game, and can be handwaved and ignored. You're the one making things personal.
In post 1398, skitter30 wrote:whatever i'll just say my bit now because this is really starting to upset me; sorry if i cause another outburst

nancy, you respond to normal criticism within the scope of the game - ie like people scumreading you or saying you may be within your scum meta - by lashing out at people: swearing at them, calling them names, threatening to not talk to people, threatening to rep-out, attacking their character, attacking your friendship with them etc

it's at best disruptive and distasteful and at worst toxic and emotionally manipulative to get people to say what you want to hear (or at least to stop saying what you don't like)

it's making me upset and uncomfortable to read interactions like this; i really don't like it and it kinda fucks with my head to read this sort of thing. and the game is rather small so i feel like i can't just ignore you altogether.

(i'm aware i'm playing a game that's inherently about manipulation but i feel like this sort of thing crosses the line)
Thanks, skitter.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:37 am

Post by podoboq »

LolWagons is still town to me for now. Maybe I'm blind by the fact that his approach to the game makes me comfortable, but I like to believe there's towny things coming from him. I don't the push on TW was good, but his claim was garbage, and I understand why he was lynched. When I came back to the thread to see that the day was over and he was lynched on a holiday, I was kind of furious, but catching up, I get it. He shouldn't have claimed a PR.

I don't know how to read sheep. Thought I did, but since our last game ended, and I was clearly wrong about his slot, the things that I thought were town AI from him are no longer town AI. I got nothing on that slot except for its associations, which aren't exceptionally bad based only on TW and Nibbui's flips.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:43 am

Post by podoboq »

Meph is probably town, but this business with mastina makes that complicated. Since skitter's info claims she got her power from scum, and Meph's apparently doesn't, mastina and Meph appear to be on the same team, either both town, or scum validating each other's information, which is obviously bad play, so unlikely. I'm trying to figure out the flaw here.

It's possible that mastina gave power to skitter, then when skitter claimed, mastina decided she can't claim that was her target. Then got lucky when Meph butted in, as Meph received power also last night. But if this was how it happened, the source of Meph's upgrade would be out there to cause conflict, and it appears that it isn't.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:44 am

Post by podoboq »

There's probably only, like, one night kill left in this game. I almost feel like a mass claim needs to happen to resolve this. Scum already knows where the power is, so their kill was already narrowed down anyway.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:54 am

Post by podoboq »

Mastina, since apparently you are omnipresent in all games of mafia ever played and have a perfect memory of all of them, please verify for the class that this is, in fact, the most toxic game I have ever been a part of.

Spoiler:
In post 1482, mastina wrote:
In post 1350, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I can’t help get the feeling that Mastina has somehow set up a situation with an artificial 1v1 between tw and myself. Having us as her #1 townread and the worst, as her #1 scumread.
You apparently haven't been paying attention
if you think the worst is my #1 scumread; that'd be podoboq.

You also apparently haven't been reading my
fucking
posts, because.
She approaches this in a deliberately scummy way
I already
fucking
answered this. I did no such thing so stop
fucking
saying I did.
Neither Mastina’s #1 townread on us or #1 scumread on the worst are ever explained
Also false.

Read my
fucking
posts because
literally nothing you're saying about me is true
The way you talk to players, supposedly your teammates, is not conducive to us playing a game together. You aren't the only one, but you seem to have the strongest ego, and you are the loudest, so I'm directing this at you. You make this game toxic, and unfun to play.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:13 am

Post by Pink Ball »

@skitter I wanted to talk specifically to you because the duck was townreading you hard and my biggest townread is dead, so I'm left with you and a bunch of players who I don't know/don't trust that much. So basically I have you as my biggest townread in honor of the duck, followed by podoboq because of Nibbui's read on him and my read on him too. By PoE I'm left with mastina and sheep since Nancy's whole reaction was townie enough. You were the most hard read I had to do on D1 and I always came back with some paranoia about "what if skitter is playing god!sum right now", and I still think that, so I have to talk to you to convince myself that the duck was right about you.

I skimmed through this last pages and there are some inconsistencies: so scum gave a new ability to skitter, and if Meph is telling the true, they got something too. skitter said that it seemed to be a one time thingy, so how could scum!mastina give something to Meph if scum already gave something to skitter? I'm a little bit confused here.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 am

Post by Pink Ball »

By the way @LolWagons your rap game is strong af
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:32 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1679, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Uh huh, you are nowhere near “clear”. Remember I actually KNOW how to correct read you tonally and no freaking way is town!sheep ever this nasty to me and as tunnelled. Town!sheep=genuine, nice, engaging waffley sheep. Scum!sheep=tunnelly, tonally off, avoidant/somewhat hostile. No freaking way does town!sheep STILL scumread us after tw flip. I was actively trying to stop what I could tell -also by correctly tone-reading him - that this was his towngame. Anyone still questions how I was so certain of this, just ISO him on D1 of Starcraft, where I was convinced he was lockscum and I was 100% right on that btw.

dude tw's words were literally "maybe outside of wolfrange because she used pretty bad methods to get out of it"

stop
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:32 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1661, sheepsaysmeep wrote:it's so hard to remember what i thought from reading eod when that was 48 hours ago

lolwagons is doing things that like

i would consider villagery but it's very different from how he acted last game
yet ignoring meta i would villa read him
@slaxx can you talk about why/how you think you might be playing differently from the recent mini normal we played in together
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:33 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

or maybe the slaxx avatar makes it feel way different
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1812, Pink Ball wrote:I skimmed through this last pages and there are some inconsistencies: so scum gave a new ability to skitter, and if Meph is telling the true, they got something too. skitter said that it seemed to be a one time thingy, so how could scum!mastina give something to Meph if scum already gave something to skitter? I'm a little bit confused here.
This is where I'm stuck too. Our options seem to be the following:
  • skitter is lying, and mastina and Meph are both telling the truth.
    Feels like the least likely

• mastina and Meph are both lying, and skitter is telling the truth.
    Feels like too bad of play if mastina and Meph are both scum

• skitter and Meph are both being honest, but mastina is lying about who received their power, and the actual source for Meph's power is not talking or unknown.
    I think this is where my mind is now.

• All three of them are telling the complete truth.
    This requires setup spec, and not knowing what the roles are, I don't believe this is reasonable.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1813, Pink Ball wrote:By the way @LolWagons your rap game is strong af
Thanks bro I try!

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but why’d you leave me out of your PoE?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1815, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 1661, sheepsaysmeep wrote:it's so hard to remember what i thought from reading eod when that was 48 hours ago

lolwagons is doing things that like

i would consider villagery but it's very different from how he acted last game
yet ignoring meta i would villa read him
@slaxx can you talk about why/how you think you might be playing differently from the recent mini normal we played in together
I don’t feel like I’m playing super different. Apparently I still tunnel town day 1. This time I skipped the 1v1 on Podo and also didn’t have Dannflor here to save me from myself. High post count, confrontational, aggressive.

I think I might be a tad more aggressive here but this is like my fourth or fifth game back on the site so I haven’t really settled in to playstyle.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Slaxx »

Eh I might be a little less solvey this game

But I haven’t been around as long and I was focused on the wagon-pontificating VT obviously lying about their role. Usually people lying about their role flip mafia.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

I don’t really like talking about my own meta due to my own cynicism towards it

Like, you (assuming town) are already going to use in game content to judge whether I’m saying this to posture myself or being genuine
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 am

Post by schadd_ »

;