Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:28 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1813, Infinity 324 wrote:I had a whole case written up on isis but I guess we’ll be boring and do the mech solve thing
No come on I wanna see
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Isis »

I came to this day wanting it to be long and to have stuff, so you wanting to make the day as dismissive as possible means like you're coming to this game from a different place than I am
MURDERCAT
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:30 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 1821, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1795, xofelf wrote:I'm feeling less good about Isis than I was before. Are we sure Exorcists were clearing Dunn? But of the rest, Gamma feels null which might just be an indication that he's problematic. I think it's just the way you play that makes me feel all sus Cat, but I don't think you're actually bad at all, you just ruffle my feathers something fierce.
I recall you TRing me D1, what changed?
You pointed out that you were scum in one of the games we played so I don't feel as confident now as I did Day 1 that how you've been interacting is how you play as town. But you're also just... pretty null in general in a way that could mean something. It's not a strong read, none of mine typically are.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

The fact that isis wants people to claim makes me not want people to. I’ll post the case in a bit, have to make sure it’s readable to anyone else lol
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:30 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Lol at
GTKAMURDERCAT

PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1819, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1786, PlusJOYED wrote:or i guess 2 commuters. but seems unlikely
why commuters?
-2 points left for town
-almost 100% chance we have a protective cause strongman
-rolestopper shield blocks strongman, so unlikely
cop, vig, have 3 points, thats too many
a joat would have crumbed or shot and isn't a protective
-angel isn't protective
-strongman kills commuter

that leaves: 2 commuters (each only have 5% chance to appear so unlikely), 1 commuter 1 rolestopper (unlikely to justify strongman), or healer (biggest chance)

driving home from gym ill be back in a bit
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1817, Isis wrote:Is it just that you think I was guiltied or how I played?
Mostly I think you were guilted, but in this pool it's slim pickins
GTKAMURDERCAT

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think with the fact Isis is claiming healer I don't want to go there
iirc healer is a 3 point role btw, so scum must have picked roles less than what they were allowed? Is that possibler?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Isis »

Also asking for information and showing a lack of actual interest into it is a scumtell I've run into a lot, I don't think you cared about the crumb and now the way you're asking about Infinity's case seems like a similar LAMIST
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

wait no, how did I mess that up?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:33 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1826, Isis wrote:I came to this day wanting it to be long and to have stuff, so you wanting to make the day as dismissive as possible means like you're coming to this game from a different place than I am
MURDERCAT
I mean from my POV we are pretty safe to elim you right? Like we aren't in Elo right? I'm still not sure if I want to do a massclaim or not but that Cobra post looks pretty damning.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:34 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1832, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think with the fact Isis is claiming healer I don't want to go there
iirc healer is a 3 point role btw, so scum must have picked roles less than what they were allowed? Is that possibler?
Yeah healer is 2, math adds up
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1833, Isis wrote:Also asking for information and showing a lack of actual interest into it is a scumtell I've run into a lot, I don't think you cared about the crumb and now the way you're asking about Infinity's case seems like a similar LAMIST
I am still considering it, what makes you think I'm not? I'm not even voting you right now.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If we lim Isis and she flips healer scum get to kill PJ for free tonight
<Embrace The Void>

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Like Isis you have to admit that the potential guilty makes you look pretty bad? I am happy for you to fight out of it if you are town and I'm taking in data to see if that's what's happening but my prior is like "yeah pretty likely scum"
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Yeah that's a good point gamma, but isn't it pretty likely they have strongman anyway? Otherwise wouldn't plus have just died last night?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

oh tru
could have been off-cycle
<Embrace The Void>

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Isis »

When people just say "I change my read", they usually mean they changed their read. When people say "that person smells like garlic" they are trying to crumb stuff.

It's the same stuff that happened when I played this setup offsite.

We are actually pretty fine, there are a lot of clears, and my claim doesn't clear me. I think if you don't touch Gamma, Dunnstral, or Plus it doesn't take much more to win.

I would encourage giving everyone equal chance to weigh in because it will make it easier to sort xofelf fairly

pedit: No, I really don't think it looks bad. It just looks like someone who reread the game to me.
"Well, I..."
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:42 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1813, Infinity 324 wrote:I’m confused about who killed cobra, I think we massclaim?

I had a whole case written up on isis but I guess we’ll be boring and do the mech solve thing
i would say no need to massclaim
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:43 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1842, Isis wrote:my claim doesn't clear me
I mean it does if we mass claim I'm just not sure if we should do that yet. The problem is I just can't see who is scum if it's not you? Like xof I feel pretty good about, but then who else? Gamma? Infinity I've been TRing the whole game
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:43 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I want to hear from everyone for sure though, including Dunn
GTKAMURDERCAT

PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:44 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1818, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok maybe exorcists shot cobra. Then we have 1 other 2-power role, assuming plus is town. So healer, angel, or a fourth WH. I guess they don’t have to claim if they don’t have results, though an angel claim might help us PoE things down.
i think exorcists shot cobra. I almost shot cobra too but changed my mind. I was thinking that cobra fake crumbed start of day since there can't be 2 WH but I checked and that was wrong.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:45 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

fake crumbed?
GTKAMURDERCAT

PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:45 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1824, Infinity 324 wrote:Unless we have a 4th WH:

Plus shoots Taylor
Exorcists shoot cobra
Scum kill exorcists

Not sure what cobra’s result was, but I want isis today nonetheless. Exorcists probably inno’d dunn but idk
that'd make no sense. why would they pick strongman then? they could of gotten avenger or something better for 4 joats
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1158, Isis wrote:Infinity, why do you feel like MURDERCAT's "style" being close to yours proves a point that he's town? Like, usually when someone's playstyle is closer to mine, I have the opposite reaction, I get paranoid that I might townread them for something that's going to be part of how they play both alignments when they might really be scum. I spent a long time townreading scum in Nightless Vanilla because of this, also with a player I was meeting for the first time.
The first thing that worried me about isis was this, she seemed to realize it didn't have anything to do with my alignment so not really sure why she brought it up? It felt like she was maybe trying to break up town synergy

Spoiler: BM/taylor opinions
In post 797, Isis wrote:My mind might change as I finish this catchup but I think the scummiest active player left to me is Battle Mage with a lot of the remaining scum equity on quieter slots like Tayl0r.
In post 801, Isis wrote:Noraa has lots of unfairly caught scum vibes, but then I keep changing my mind

I think doing something with my vote is better than nothing so I'll go VOTE: Taylor for now.

Somewhat scummy that she'd warn people her energy was going to be lower instead of waiting to get pressured since she's usually so devil may care.

I'm townreading lots of things
In post 825, Isis wrote:Much of my thinking was that his read progressions don't make sense and the way he is mentioning reads doesn't fit well into pushing a player he wants to flip and trying to get other people to vote that person too, or being suspicious of someone and asking questions of that person to figure them out. It's a lot of tossing and changing places for no reason.

Generally when he articulates reasons they make sense, but it doesn't make sense that he is where his.

Like even if you spot him good faith on whatever excuse he is going to say about Datisi, why would he say, "I would be happy flipping egotisi today" while voting me and not seeming to scumread me any less than that scumleany reason he came up with? Shouldn't you be unhappy if you don't get your first choice?

Positioning is what I had in mind.
I kind of agree that Exorcists is bleeding obvtown though, whether that is scummy would just be paranoia over whether the weird timing of it was "I just reread some isos and Exorcists' obvtown iso is screamy" or "my partners pointed out/I realized I'm not townreading many people and Exorcists probably isn't getting voted out anyways" but I don't know how you'd pick one of those over the other.
Swift and Battle mage probably aren't both scum, and Swift doesn't look great either though?

Looking back, the progression on BM/taylor here is bad and I'm not seeing a natural emotional reaction to the BM/taylor interactions. Like, she doesn't talk about BM's case on taylor at all, which is odd. Since they are two of her top scumreads, the case would be a natural thing to analyze to get alignment-relevant info. It feels like she's trying to set up mislims on one or both.
In post 1158, Isis wrote: I feel better about Swift, I liked the "YAS LOOK AT ME" post, because I think she came up with it out of a genuine desire to see herself talked about which she liked in Menagerie and I think she didn't seem to like in Noir.
There are a lot of instances like this where isis seems to be looking for reasons to read people rather reading the thread than letting them come.
In post 1688, Isis wrote: Battle Mage - still feel pretty good here. I almost want to indulge the poor man with his Taylor elim even though I don't really see it.
egotisi - I would be skeptical of someone willfully ignoring alignment indicative information "for honor", but I had an aha moment that Datisi did in fact do that in Autumnal. I think the spew is actually alignment indicative, but, if Gamma's posting read null to me maybe I would feel more guilty
I'm not sure how to read egotisi.
MURDERCAT
calling my vote weak broke me a little inside and makes me feel like I don't have much I can bring to bear against the slot. I don't know who posted it but someone else said they seem like they are summarizing and feel IIoAish a lot and I think that's most of it.
Noraa - I want to hammer this soon. It seems more like she's faking townslips than townslipping to me, which is also like, something I would say metaphorically about the way she's been playing the game, not just mechanics stuff.
I think this is a point Infinity may have made or tried to make or maybe not, but, WIFOM is part of the game, and pushing for an interpretation of play that has some amount of weakness to WIFOM is part of the game, but making WIFOM arguments without appreciating or acknowledging the wine seems to come from scum more often than town. It's something I've experienced. In theory it could help both town and scum survive, it's one of those things I feel I don't have to understand to use as a guide just because it's a pattern I've seen before. So it's scum indicative. It's not like a brightline rule that you should start every other sentence with "I know this is WIFOM but" to be allowed to post, but there's something about the attitude and presentation that can differ. I don't think this will flip VT.
Here, the SR on egotisi weakens for weak reasons. The nora SR also feels manufactured to me. Another example of looking for reasons for a read. Something I noticed here and other places is the attempt to have original reasons almost for the sake of it. If a lot of other people agree with a read, town often feels less need to justify it, whereas scum may be worried about being called out for sheeping. Similarly to BM's case on taylor, it's also very weird that she doesn't really talk about others' reasons for voting nora. (She says here that I made the WIFOM point when I didn't, and in any case it was clear that wasn't my central point against nora). Talking about "indulging" BM with him taylor elim along with...
In post 1695, Isis wrote: I haven't liked any of Taylor's play after liking the "YAS LOOK AT ME" post. I can't remember very much of it and like
MURDERCAT
says that's probably bad.
seems like a made-up progression. Normally when I TR people and then forget about them I tend to keep TR'ing them unless I reread, it takes effort to question an established read. Feels like setting up a mislim on taylor.

, because it feels like "scum are probably lurking but I want to justify my nora vote anyway".

Now it feels like she's confbiasing on murder when she didn't seem to have a strong SR to begin with? Rather than focusing on her apparent top scumreads, me and xof.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign

Return to “Completed Open Games”