Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1898, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1893, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1876, Psyche wrote:votecounts should be way more common in a game like this!
Did you expect good modding in a 50 player?
Why are we suddenly criticizing the mod? We don't need vote counts on every single page
I always criticize the mod. It's my shtick. let me have this.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:32 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1896, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 1892, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1836, SausasaurusRex wrote:I’m novice tracker neighbour. You don’t want to kill me, because now all 3 non-town-aligned teams know about me. I’m a powerful role, at least after day one, and none of them will want me to survive. Therefore, they will all put me as their nk, or risk my survival.
By not killing me, you save yourself.
Ugh why did you claim, you were nowhere close to being lynched. This could probably still be a scum role though.

What does the bolded even mean? If we don't lynch you then we have to lynch someone else.
It meant that instead of scum nk'ing different town, they'll nk me. As all scum will want to kill me, they may end up wasting 2 of their nks, thereby saving two town.
You're novice though so I doubt scum would waste a kill on you N1 when you can't do anything anyways.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:32 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 1899, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 1895, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1867, Something_Smart wrote:He's right though. He still probably eats a scum nightkill even if he is scum.
This shouldn't deter people from voting him if they think he's scum. I don't think his claim itself makes it more or less likely that he's scum honestly. I think that the fact that he felt pressured to claim despite being nowhere close to the lynch threshold is scum indicative. Dolly's vote immediately after that claim is gross though.

PEDIT: Oh shit Hectic's on to me, time to hide in the scum PT :shifty:
#

I'd thought I was a lot closer to being lynched, and I didn't want various anti-town factions hopping on my wagon. Also, I didn't want to risk waiting for a votecount, and thought I would have to make the claim now or possibly get lynched.
You don't think they were on already? Why? You town read everyone up to the point the reaction test was brought up?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:34 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1897, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1895, AaronFrost wrote:I don't think his claim itself makes it more or less likely that he's scum honestly. I think that the fact that he felt pressured to claim despite being nowhere close to the lynch threshold is scum indicative.
you know who else did this?

TSE
Loud Bodyguard will self resolve a lot sooner than novice tracker neighbor. Also Rex's play has actually been scummy whereas TSE/Titus's hasn't. Loud bodyguard is probably more likely to come from town than what Rex claimed.

Also... it's TSE.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no scum will get lynched today b/c they'll al claim a pr
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1895, AaronFrost wrote:This shouldn't deter people from voting him if they think he's scum. I don't think his claim itself makes it more or less likely that he's scum honestly. I think that the fact that he felt pressured to claim despite being nowhere close to the lynch threshold is scum indicative. Dolly's vote immediately after that claim is gross though.
I disagree with every sentence here :lol:

It should absolutely deter people! If he's going to die anyway, you're wasting a lynch while giving the scumteam that would have killed him an extra kill.

That role is definitely more likely to be town than scum, especially given that it's novice and the scumteams here need all the help they can get. Of course it could be a fakeclaim, but it definitely leans him more town.

If he were scum who wanted to rush out a claim before he got killed... why wouldn't he claim something that gets immediate results? It's perfectly consistent with indignant town who is scared of pressure.

Dolly's vote isn't gross, it's her opinion that Rex's claim shouldn't save him. Expressing your opinion when it's weird or against the grain is towny.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

As the guy that has lynched scumTitus like a dozen times....everyone says she's not scummy but then she flips scum.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1904, Nero Cain wrote:no scum will get lynched today b/c they'll al claim a pr
And then they will all nightkill each other and we'll live happily ever after and win. I fail to see the problem.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:41 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1867, Something_Smart wrote:He's right though. He still probably eats a scum nightkill even if he is scum.
This shouldn't deter people from voting him if they think he's scum. I don't think his claim itself makes it more or less likely that he's scum honestly. I think that the fact that he felt pressured to claim despite being nowhere close to the lynch threshold is scum indicative. Dolly's vote immediately after that claim is gross though.

#

I'd thought I was a lot closer to being lynched, and
I didn't want various anti-town factions hopping on my wagon.
Also, I didn't want to risk waiting for a votecount, and thought I would have to make the claim now or possibly get lynched.
Why not? If you can identify who the anti-town on your wagon are, then that's good information for town in case you ever flip. You can look at who's votes were most opportunistic. Your play here feels very survivalistic.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1907, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1904, Nero Cain wrote:no scum will get lynched today b/c they'll al claim a pr
And then they will all nightkill each other and we'll live happily ever after and win. I fail to see the problem.
I never said there is one. Is there a point here?

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1908, AaronFrost wrote:

#

Also, I didn't want to risk waiting for a votecount, and thought I would have to make the claim now or possibly get lynched.
Why not? If you can identify who the anti-town on your wagon are, then that's good information for town in case you ever flip. You can look at who's votes were most opportunistic. Your play here feels very survivalistic.
If it was a more managable gamesize yeah. But I said it earlier.

Claiming when there's already 20 people voting for you and expecting them all to move is asking too much. Him claiming now while a reasonable amount of people are voting him is the right move.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:48 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1902, insomnia wrote:

#

I'd thought I was a lot closer to being lynched, and I didn't want various anti-town factions hopping on my wagon. Also, I didn't want to risk waiting for a votecount, and thought I would have to make the claim now or possibly get lynched.
You don't think they were on already? Why? You town read everyone up to the point the reaction test was brought up?
That's not what I meant. It is highly likely that there were anti-town-aligned players on my lynch. It is unlikely, however, that they all were. I didn't want to give any of the ones that weren't on a chance to get on.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1906, Nero Cain wrote:As the guy that has lynched scumTitus like a dozen times....everyone says she's not scummy but then she flips scum.
although it being normal bad Titus is not an impossibility but I'd still lynch her if not dead by X day.

SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1908, AaronFrost wrote:

#

How am I going to identify for certain the anti-town an my wagon? I can only see who visits who, not people's alignments. Even if I could, it'd take ages for there to be enough nights for me to check them all.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1864, Something_Smart wrote:I've also seen a
townie fakeclaim scum
after what he thought was a hammer on someone else and subsequently get speedlynched. Just because it worked once doesn't mean it's good in general.
The issue is that I don't see why any sensible person would do that...
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 1911, SausasaurusRex wrote:It is highly likely that there were anti-town-aligned players on my lynch
Alright, which ones are they and why?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:51 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1905, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1895, AaronFrost wrote:This shouldn't deter people from voting him if they think he's scum. I don't think his claim itself makes it more or less likely that he's scum honestly. I think that the fact that he felt pressured to claim despite being nowhere close to the lynch threshold is scum indicative. Dolly's vote immediately after that claim is gross though.
I disagree with every sentence here :lol:

It should absolutely deter people! If he's going to die anyway, you're wasting a lynch while giving the scumteam that would have killed him an extra kill.
What makes you so sure scum is going to kill him N1? He claimed novice, he can't get results on N1.
In post 1905, Something_Smart wrote:That role is definitely more likely to be town than scum, especially given that it's novice and the scumteams here need all the help they can get. Of course it could be a fakeclaim, but it definitely leans him more town.
I disagree, I don't think the role has any bearing on his alignment given how many phases this game can potentially go through.
In post 1905, Something_Smart wrote:If he were scum who wanted to rush out a claim before he got killed... why wouldn't he claim something that gets immediate results? It's perfectly consistent with indignant town who is scared of pressure.
Again, he's novice. If he was scum, then he'd have to either fake a result, or out his actual result. Gives him some leeway as to why he's still alive D2. Scum probably will kill him regardless N2 though so you do have a decent point there.
In post 1905, Something_Smart wrote:Dolly's vote isn't gross, it's her opinion that Rex's claim shouldn't save him. Expressing your opinion when it's weird or against the grain is towny.
There wasn't much opinion expressed behind Dolly's vote though, it was just... a naked vote
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Rex, one of the reasons I felt you were scummy for is that you haven't been doing any hunting. As an invest PR I could kind of sitting back so as to not be a threat but you are outted now. What are your reads?

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1871, chkflip wrote:I'm not reading anything before this post.
Honestly I don't blame you.
In post 1873, chkflip wrote:
In post 1866, Amrun wrote:Worth being said that tracker could easily also be scum so like. -shrug-
But 1866 is less than 1871
Ha gotteem
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:55 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1910, Elsa Jay wrote:If it was a more managable gamesize yeah. But I said it earlier.

Claiming when there's already 20 people voting for you and expecting them all to move is asking too much. Him claiming now while a reasonable amount of people are voting him is the right move.
A lot of people have moved off TSE onto tictac and from tictac onto Rex, and it seems like a lot are moving from Rex to Dolly now so wagons can form in an instant here, especially since a good chunk of the playerlist probably hasn't read much and just pop in from time to time and vote the top wagon.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:56 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1913, SausasaurusRex wrote:How am I going to identify for certain the anti-town an my wagon? I can only see who visits who, not people's alignments. Even if I could, it'd take ages for there to be enough nights for me to check them all.
Not by night actions, but by analyzing the votes and looking at who was the most opportunistic.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:57 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1916, AaronFrost wrote:There wasn't much opinion expressed behind Dolly's vote though, it was just... a naked vote
Yeah exactly

I actually find Smart's stance here quite intriguing
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Dolly is a big pile of null but does scum make an attention-getting vote like that?

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:01 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1922, Nero Cain wrote:Dolly is a big pile of null but does scum make an attention-getting vote like that?
Maybe, if she didn't think the vote would get as much attention as it did. Part of me is wondering if Dolly even read and just popped in to vote the top wagon.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1874, gobbledygook wrote: - Dolly put herself in her scum reads.
- Dolly put a player who has not posted as her second highest town read
- Dolly put Rhinox as her third highest town read when all that Rhinox had posted up until Dolly's reads list was hi
- Dolly put pisskop as her sixth highest townread when he had not posted yet
- Dolly put EeveeLution Army as her seventh highest townread for this string of posts
Spoiler: EeveeLution Army
In post 24, EeveeLution Army wrote:Damn this started fast considering
In post 183, EeveeLution Army wrote:i wonder if we can get through this game without a single sub
In post 192, EeveeLution Army wrote:it would be so funny if town wins n1
In post 599, EeveeLution Army wrote:its 26 to lynch right? i feel bad for whoever has to do votes

- Dolly put ar98mubarik as her eighth highest townread when that player had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put VaultDweller as her highest townlean when he had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put QuantumQuasar as her third highest townlean when that player had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put eth0s as her sixth highest townlean read when he had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put clidd as her seventh highest townlean read when he had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put Jamelia as her eighth highest townlean read for and
- Dolly put SRex as her ninth highest townlean read for
- Dolly put Emperor_FlippyNips as her third highest scumlean for
- Dolly put Pine as her fourth highest scumlean when he had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put Amrun as her eleventh highest scumlean for
- Dolly put Insomnia as her second highest scumread
- Dolly put hersho as her third highest scumread when that player had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put Jackal as her ninth highest scum read for
- Dolly put Uncrowned as her eleventh highest scumread for
- Dolly put Non Imh as her fifteenth highest scumread for , , and .
- Dolly put Not Known 15 as her sixteenth highest scumread when he had not posted in the game yet
- Dolly put Golden Robster as her nineteenth highest scumread when he had not posted in the game yet
Was it really necessary to list every single instance when it should have been obvious her list was randomised just from the first three points alone?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”