American Revolution Mafia, Hostilities have ceased!

Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Sucrose »

Damn. I'd really rather go for Slandaar. He seems like flailing scum to me. His case in #1909 is paper thin, and he says stuff that makes no sense, like BC's vanilla claim being "cautious." He's also pretty much accused three different players of being scum in the last two pages. I suppose it's possible he could just be bad town, but if so, and he's not flailing scum, then it's really,
really
bad. I also think he and Dry-fit are a more likely scumpair than him and BC.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

I still need to look at the wagon analysis I put up, but I'm more inclined to go slander as well. His case was weak, the double voter thing is eh, and the attack on sucrose makes no sense to me. But I have some more reading I want to finish up with tonight before I vote.

Dry-fit. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know they aren't confirmed town. They voted confirmed town most of the time, I elaborated on why and when they voted the remaining people in the game.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay so read through blood convenent. He still reads town to me.

I tried to make sense of the wagons. I'm still trying to figure out why dry-fit jumped off shos and didn't vote anyone else for the rest of the day. He said it was to catch up but he didn't try to start a counter wagon or add to one, he just left his vote in the unvote section. I still don't know what to make of that.

I've also stared at the wagons and looked at the places people jumped off. I'm not really one for wagon analysis but most of the jumping off and jumping on wagons seemed to be town motivated and I'm not sure where I see the big thing about the CMAR/shos wagon. It looks like there was a clear jumping off of a lot of town and scum. The wagons as they competed equally had town/scum shifting. Meh.

Slandaars still my best lead for scum

VOTE: slandaar
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1911, Sucrose wrote:That's due to the incoherence of your posts. First you say there's no Double-voter (not "why do you think it's a double-voter?" you flat-out say "there isn't a double-voter"
like it wasn't goddamn obvious that we were talking about the vote manipulator
) then you start speculating that Tammy could be the vote-manipulator.
You don't even seem to consider the fact that other players might be right about a double-voter
, and you apparently don't bother to look up Double-voter in the wiki before stating that there isn't one.

The same cognitive dissonance as before is here also.

Amazing.

What is your excuse this time?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1918, Tammy wrote:I don't know much about slander except he has a really big ego, but he seemed to be a bit thorough when he replaced into scummies. His little "skit" was designed to do nothing but antagonize and I can't see how that comes from town, unless he's going for the scum would never behave that way act.

I see

so how do the two compare exactly? a game I was basically in for the whole duration and had at least a weeks notice to replace in and read up if I hadn't and this?

It is good you bring that game up because I didn't know you read it but ok, so you must see the parallels between Magna being left alive there and here; so explain how if Magna is town neither you or BC is scum. And no; scum being terrible is not an option because its m/lylo and 2 are left so chance they win is pretty high.

All you have to do is parallel the two games and you can see BC is obvious scum.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I think the bc's reaction to how his wagon was almost entirely made up of town says a lot about alignment. His unwillingness to even push a notion of me being scum with shos on his wagon says even more.

vote BC
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1924, MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: BloodC

I think this is where I am going to place the vote today. He's no longer clear in any regard as a counter-wagon to scum and his reaction to my questions was very, very weak. Add in Cobble's viable suspicions and I am happy with this.
Or as happy as I can be in a game where frankly I don't think anyone else alive has shown much inclination to play Pro-Town.

yea... or... ya know.... the claimed beloved princess? Which is the only thing keeping him alive.

In post 1930, Sir Bastion wrote:I think the bc's reaction to how his wagon was almost entirely made up of town says a lot about alignment. His unwillingness to even push a notion of me being scum with shos on his wagon says even more.

vote BC

why would i push for you as scum if i don't have a scum read on you? You're a confirmed neighbor by Phil, it seems highly unlikely that there is a 4 man scum team with a neighbor in it. The scum team would be overpowered.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1929, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1918, Tammy wrote:I don't know much about slander except he has a really big ego, but he seemed to be a bit thorough when he replaced into scummies. His little "skit" was designed to do nothing but antagonize and I can't see how that comes from town, unless he's going for the scum would never behave that way act.

I see

so how do the two compare exactly? a game I was basically in for the whole duration and had at least a weeks notice to replace in and read up if I hadn't and this?

It is good you bring that game up because I didn't know you read it but ok, so you must see the parallels between Magna being left alive there and here; so explain how if Magna is town neither you or BC is scum. And no; scum being terrible is not an option because its m/lylo and 2 are left so chance they win is pretty high.

All you have to do is parallel the two games and you can see BC is obvious scum.

Is part of your case on me based on another game that i wasn't in?
King George III
King George III
Goon
King George III
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:01 am

Post by King George III »

"Not all the water in the rough rude sea
Can wash the balm from an anointed king;
The breath of worldly men cannot depose
The deputy elected by the Lord."

Votecount:

BloodCovenent (3): Slandaar, MagnaofIllusion, Sir Bastion

Slandaar (2): Sucrose, Tammy

Not voting (2): BloodCovenent, Dry-Fit

7A, 4TL.

Leading vote-getter:

DEADLINE IN FIVE HOURS
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:13 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

7a 4tl?

7 alive, 4 to lynch
Last edited by King George III on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:20 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Vote: Slander
King George III
King George III
Goon
King George III
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 am

Votecount:

Slandaar (3): Sucrose, Tammy, BloodCovenent

BloodCovenent (3): Slandaar, MagnaofIllusion, Sir Bastion

Not voting (1): Dry-Fit

A lynch has been achieved!

Leading vote-getter:
King George III
King George III
Goon
King George III
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:10 am

OK, so I have a problem here.

I missed Sucrose's unvote because she placed it in the middle of a line. This means that Slandaar has not reached the threshold required to lynch.

However having declared him lynched as a result of the mystery vote manipulation mechanic, to reverse the declaration of his lynch would be to confirm him as town. This would be unfair on the scumteam.

Therefore, unfortunately the lynch must stand. Please save all yelling at me until postgame.
King George III
King George III
Goon
King George III
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:10 am

Early in the Morning of September 28th, 1781, 19,000 American and French troops marched from Williamsburg, Virginia in order to surround the British-held seaport at Yorktown. The American leadership decided that the British defences could be bombarded into submission, and accordingly moved their forces into position the following morning. However, things did not go to plan, and the well-supplied Royalist gunners were able to inflict significant casualties on the encircling rebels.

The Americans made slow progress towards the town, and the British gradually and strategically abandoned the outer defenses one layer at a time, causing serious damage to the advancing Continentals for every barricade they had to give up. Eventually the defenders reached the earthworks which immediately surrounded the town, and there prepared to hold their ground in anticipation of

The American and French soldiers occupied the outer defenses themselves, and were able to use these redoubts as firing positions from which to attack the town. Large amounts of collateral damage occurred, but bold counterstrikes by the redcoats allowed them to spike many of the American cannons, leading to a tense stalemate.

This stalement was broken by the arrival of the promised reinforcements of 5,000 of the King's men, who were able to attack the encircling rebels from the rear, causing panic and flight on the part of several American regiments. One cohort, from
Georgia
, suffered particularly heavy casualties with the rest turning tail and heading for home despite their commanders' attempts to rally them.

While the besiegers succeeded in doing enough damage to the town and seaport to prevent the Royal Expeditionary Force from using it as a bridgehead to bring further regulars to the American theater, the arrival of the reinforcements allowed the beleaguered redcoats to evacuate across the York river to Gloucester point, and from there to march back to New York to reunite with the main body of loyal forces. What was left of Yorktown passed into the hands of the rebels, but it was a pyyrhic victory: the Continental Army had suffered heavy casualties, and while the British had been forced to give up their harbor, they were able to remove a huge number of troops who had been effectively trapped and avoid the humiliation of having to surrender. The Americans had missed their chance to score a major strategic victory, and coupled with gains in the European theater against France and Spain, this left the outlook looking extremely positive for His Majesty's armies.

Once the vile Papist dogs of France are brought to heel, the rebellious colonial mongrols will surely follow!

Slandaar,
Member of the Continental Army,
Vanilla Townie
has been lynched Day Seven. It is now Night Seven. All actions in by the 14th at 10pm GMT.
King George III
King George III
Goon
King George III
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm

With the inconclusive result at Yorktown, the Revolutionary War became a protracted, bitter mess. The Royalists held New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia along with Rhode Island plus most of the South, while the remainder of Pennsylvania and New England, along with Catholic Maryland remained firm in their desire for a clean break from the motherland and in possession of enough armaments to make subduing them a distant prospect for the Royal Expeditionary Force, especially as the war in the European Theater prevented the Kingdom of Great Britain from supplying the necessary troops for total victory.

Therefore, the campaign became what would later be termed a 'guerrilla' conflict, with bands of rebels striking against REF-held towns and strategic points whenever the British forces were spread too thinly to properly defend them. Meanwhile, the Royal Navy continued to harrass American shipping out of Boston, the one major harbor still under rebel control, in the hope of forcing the revolutionaries into submission by depriving them of international trade.

The Crown also continued its 'decapitation' strategy both by posting large rewards, and also sending out units to search for, the political and military leaders of the revolt. They scored a major success with this when
George Washington,
the commander of the Continental Army, was betrayed by an underling with a grudge and delivered to Royal justice. He was hung for treason, and his body displayed prominently in New York as a warning to those considering pledging themselves to the Patriot cause.

Would this psychological blow prove devastating to the rebels' cause? Or would the proud men of America fight on and yet win the day?

MagnaofIllusion, George Washington,
Commander of the Continental Army
(Friendly Neighbor)

was killed Night Seven. It is now Day Eight (Fall 1782) with five alive, three votes are needed to lynch.

Will update first post later, rushing out of door.
Last edited by King George III on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:21 am

Post by Sucrose »

Well, that was unfortunate, though it was kind of my fault for unvoting in the middle of a line like that. The lynch came like 30 minutes after the votecount, and I didn't wake up in time to see the mistake.

Oh well, I thought it was LyLo and it wasn't. We most certainly have to be in it now, though. Apparently you're right, Tammy, the scum must not be able to use their double-vote at LyLo, or we'd auto-lose.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:29 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

It also adds strength to the argument that the reason BC didnt seem to want to seriously look at the almost entirely town filled wagon on CMAR on day 1 was because it wasnt Mylo.

Now though is almost assuredly mylo.

need to remember who slandaar replaced and see how his flip changes the wagons.
Scum:

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Tammy »

SB - im confused by what you mean by he didn't want to look at it because it wasn't mylo.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 1942, Tammy wrote:SB - im confused by what you mean by he didn't want to look at it because it wasn't mylo.

Counter wagon today.

If BC had pushed and succeeded in lynching me yesterday as the only remaining unflipped player from the cmar wagon on day 1, then he would be under a tonne of pressure today as I would have flipped town and it would mean that chances are pretty good shos was bussing when he joined his wagon

If it was mylo yesterday then the above would be a non issue as the game would be over.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 1942, Tammy wrote:SB - im confused by what you mean by he didn't want to look at it because it wasn't mylo.

Counter wagon today.

If BC had pushed and succeeded in lynching me yesterday as the only remaining unflipped player from the cmar wagon on day 1, then he would be under a tonne of pressure today as I would have flipped town and it would mean that chances are pretty good shos was bussing when he joined his wagon

If it was mylo yesterday then the above would be a non issue as the game would be over.
Scum:

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1944, Sir Bastion wrote:

Counter wagon today.

I'm going to assume that the scum double voting won't be a factor today.

Any results from last night?
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:32 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

uhmm ok...

I am not going to assume anything. We are very likely in mylo now.

Who are your top 2 scum suspects? (everyone answer this please)

For me it's bloodcovenent and dry fit.
Scum:

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1946, Sir Bastion wrote:

uhmm ok...

I am not going to assume anything. We are very likely in mylo now.

Who are your top 2 scum suspects? (everyone answer this please)

For me it's bloodcovenent and dry fit.

Dry-fit and sucrose
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am

Post by Sucrose »

I'm putting all my imaginary money on BC and Dry-fit being the scumteam. Of the two, I'll support a BC lynch today. Both Cobbler and MoI wanted him dead, and obviously I haven't been scumhunting very well this game, I've done too much jumping to conclusions, so I'll go with it.

From my perspective, 2 of the 3 of BC, Dry-fit, and Sir B are scum. The only thing I've got to do is not pick the wrong 1/3, and I'd be most leery of a Sir B lynch.

Once again, unless someone can come up with a plausible scum-role Tammy might be, I'm going to consider her town.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Post by Tammy »

SB - That makes sense

BC - I saw nothing.

As far as my top two scum reads...I need to do some re-reading and re-analyzing. My top scum read remains Dry-Fit, but seeing as how the remaining people were in my town reads I have to read and think. Since Slandaar ended up being town I'll take a closer look at his case as well as the wagon arguments concerning BC by Magna.

The deadline isn't listed yet, but it will be two weeks right? I'll be gone the majority of next week for Thanksgiving as I'm going on vacation so I'll get as much done before Tuesday as possible.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”