Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:55 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I don't trust this mod
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Yume »

My fingers are itching to gladiate. Don't give my fingers a reason to do it.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Yume »

I spent six years being angry over that loss. Don't make it a repeat because you would rather mistrust the game mod than think clearly.
Show

Mah best game

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:32 am

Post by jjh927 »

VOTE: Enchant

I'm happy to just do this
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:33 am

its clearly labeled a bastard game

I don't like losing to mech chicanery
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:34 am

Post by Yume »

In post 1929, jjh927 wrote:VOTE: Enchant

I'm happy to just do this
The rest of you should do this too.
Show

Mah best game

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:34 am

In post 1927, Yume wrote:My fingers are itching to gladiate. Don't give my fingers a reason to do it.
how r u gonna scare me

i've already died once
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:34 am

VOTE: enchant

jsut to move things foward
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:36 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'd say you can't come back to life again but you upgraded so you can't really die again
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Yume »

One more.
Show

Mah best game

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:37 am

Post by jjh927 »

I've been keeping this to myself, but I'm a liiiiitle bit concerned about what's gonna happen now the challenges have counted down to 1. What happens at the end of the countdown?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Ginngie »

5.04 Votecount

Enchant - 4 (mastina, Yume, JJH927, PookyTheMagicalBear)
E - 1

JJH927 - 1 (Titus) E - 4

Not Voting - 4 (Too slow)

With
alive, it takes
to voted out.

At deadline,
DareDevil
would be voted out.

Day 5 will last 14 days and deadline will be Wednesday, May 4th @ 10 PM EST: (expired on 2022-05-04 21:00:00)

Todays Challenge is: Day 5 Challenge: Every post, never repeat the same words you have used previously on the same page. A minimum of 20 words must be used. (Words on page 12 may not be used again on page 12, on page 13 you're allowed to use the words from page 12 again).

-your first post of each day must state if you'd like to participate using the bold tag.
-your first post of each day counts towards your post total. So bold tag is Post 1, then post 2-3, then post 4 is the important one.
-You may give up 0.25 xp to retry the challenge if either you fail to bold tag the first post or fail the challenge outright.
-Retries are limited to once per Day phase.

Spoiler: Players still in Challenge
mastina
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Yume »

Might as well give our reasoning.
In post 1914, Enchant wrote: Yes, i need do extra thing. It's not hard though, i am very good at XP gaining, my only real competetors are Yuma and mafia.
How does know that mafia is his competitor in terms of XP? It's not exactly public knowledge.
Show

Mah best game

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

VOTE: Enchant

I dont think we can do anything else in this day phase so let me just do the hammer.

I don't think enchant told the truth cause he said that he knows mafia explicitly are ahead of him and they shouldn't know that - it just looked like a slip.

and mechanically them and mastina and possibly shiro having extra wincons and roden? what is this mess of a game? and enchant is the only one who cant town align and is just survivor by claim with all the anti town utilities and is forced to scum side cause of the extra wincon.

So I guess I just hope that he lied. If he didn't that would mean we're probably 1 mafia short to win the game and that one is likely with some crazy skill and is in {jjh, shiro, me} because of masons (I hope they actually checked with mod properly about this)

pedit: lol exactly same thing was observed by mastina too, so I'm 100% sure now that you and mastina share a PT now and didn't have it before cause you would not say the same thing with your scumbuddy like this. not that its an important info but yeah.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Ginngie »

Game ending post coming soon, few hours or less

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Ginngie »

The town of: Dunnstral,Frozen Angel,jjh927,Lady Lambdadelta,mastina,PookyTheMagicalBear,Roden,Shiro,Titus,Yume has won!

Some personal notes: A couple things majorly affected the quality of the set up. First of all, the same time the game finished sign ups and had to do the 2nd half of designing the game, I got super sick; which made it hard to think and concentrate. You could see me messing up a lot during the opening day. That impacted how I designed the games. Another was that the bulletproof was supposed to come second to the bodyguard. That was a giant mod error that led to super easy protection from the beginning of the game. Also, in my upicks it's a fact that I'll lie in some of the roles. However, I get deeply upset with myself if I end up lying unintentionally with mod errors and such. So if that happened to you just know I try my best not to make the same mistakes and future games will account for the issues raised.

Mechanical notes: I believe the game would have had less mod errors if I didn't try to use the XP system as well as the upick system. I really should have focused on one or the other. Which is why i'll have an open set up in my game rotations in the future that use the XP system; then just the upick system for its own game. Also in every single upick I design, I use a method called smalltown. Which essentially means I design every single role and then give alignments to those roles after the fact. Balancing smalltown is as hard enough as is; and adding the time constraint of designing roles in 14 days or less proved very difficult and I couldn't manage that. Especially after not modding for a few years. As to why there was so many protections. Put simply people could get hidden abilities by the 2nd day or night and there was a world where the 3 scum each get 3 vigs and kill 4 people in one night. If both day phases and one night phase town was eliminated, it would be 3v7. Scum having a factional kill and 3 vig shots could quite literally shoot 4 people and it would be 3v3 and they won the game. So scum could have won theoretically on night 2 without an insane amount of protections. Also the reason for having so many investigations is because masons were a lie and were just a hood, and miller and ninja existing so there would be a lot of potential for fake guilties fake innocents. Oh and I thought a succubus was a vampire when i googled it so shiro was also on the block for Rodens coin.

I'll give 24 hours for people to message me if they want anything said in PTs removed for good reason. Otherwise they will all be released after 24 hours.

As for the set up thread; I have to filter it as I'm pretty sure my next game has design notes and gotta make sure I dont accidently spoil a future game lol

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Enchant »

If you read this, then i am hammered or died. I am last mafia member, therefore game should end or its already ended and we in postgame. If it doesn't, then i wish good luck to other scum, because you NEED it to win.

Regardless, i wanted to share my thoughts about game from my perspecrive, because i don't want to discuss it and fight with mod after game. I try to put it as nicely as could. You not supposed to agree, and i don't expect that. Just my mind.

1. Challenges. They suck. They was made as unfun as possible. I know, making something enjoyable is hard, but right now, it's just copypaste fight. Maybe other disagree idk. I instantly remembered game, where you needed write Poems for reward. That was creative. I liked that, even if i couldn't write poems personally. Well regardless.
I even told mod about how challenges are unfun, but instead received "It's subjective and i don't want to talk about it before game end". Well i respected that... before 2.

2. Mod influence. When mod announced "I give 0.5 XP to anyone for one link!" i passed these stages: Anger, Depression, Acceptation, Disinterest. Just consider: Town is majority. It's 4 full XP for town if everyone post link. In game where you can buy revives for 4XP and passive immunity to kill for 1XP. Like... you really needed that additional help from mod so much? Did it make game more funny, or atleast salvage balance? What purpose it had?
Well, heh. Also as town i would revolt. Maybe replace immediately, because i would be pissed, if mod tampered balance like that, even if it benefits me. But here, i forced to sit and wait, because by replacing, i just put other person in this unwinnable hell. I even can't argue with mod about it, because i know i just get another "It's subjective, please don't talk with me".
I don't have mouth, but i must scream.

3. Balance. It doesh't exist. Let's just say, at moment i writing it, i am alone against 8-10 townies. They all have bulletproof (so i need minimum two nights per each other, ASSUMING they don't buy more and not protected), and can revive after death. It's 16 nights to kill everyone not counting revives and additional BP purchases. Damn, even with full team, how it supposed to be beaten? I also not counting other claims (they could be lie i don't know), but let's say i am NOT happy with daycops and day 1 instant masoniser, and commuter... Which again can be revived. Like how i supposed to win? It not possible. I simple can't. I don't see way. Even mod mocks me with "I wonder what happens!". Like it's not obvious who will win.
Like... We had Godfather. Dwlee99 even used it at night before dying. But what point in being Godfather at night, if you are checked at day?... None.

I have enough XP to revive both my partners even now. But it's useless unless used as big move to instant majority. How i even perform this move if i can't kill anyone? Eh. I even killed Frozen TWICE, still marches.

4. Play. I need to be fair, so Town are inded play not bad on mark, but you need to actually gamethrow to lose as town here.
We played not great i acknowlidge tho. But it didn't matter. We had no chance from start.

Also Titus, LEARN FOR BASIC MATH GODDAMN, I WAS NEVER SO FRUSTRATED FROM SIMPLE EXPLAINING THAT ENGINEER COSTS 3, NOT 4.

After all, what was worse? Mod attitude and fact that it could be enjoyable game with great idea. But it turned in dissapointment. No, being "bastard" is not excuse to be "Unfun". Or maybe i am sicko and not masochist enough to enjoy this masterpiece, idk, did you had fun?

As i said, i don't want to talk about it, nor discuss it, as it's pointless. You probably had fun, even while mod helped you, so it would be bad for me to sour your feelings. But i just can't to not state it. Game was painful for me, nothing more. Fix errors, change attlitude and maybe...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Epic play Roden
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I was also a phoenix with a self revive after an upgrade I got, so if I died I could come alive... again.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Enchant »

... Funny.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:51 pm

bruh if i was you i would've just been resurrecting my dead teammate every night for the lulz
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:51 pm

it would've been hilarious
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 1946, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:bruh if i was you i would've just been resurrecting my dead teammate every night for the lulz
You could revive every person only once.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1946, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:bruh if i was you i would've just been resurrecting my dead teammate every night for the lulz
Same. I'd have argued that dead people come back as a random alignment!
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”