Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Add him to the queue.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by mykonian »

you know what's the easiest way to fuck up a large theme as scum?

Get into a theory discussion where you are wrong, but only just. Argue for pages. Nobody wants to read it.

And yes, threadshitting totally works as a tactic.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 2.14

"You stupid elf, you could have killed me!" -Bellatrix Lestrange
"Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure." -Dobby, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Tammy - 8 (snifit, Acosmist, Kise, Benmage, AngryPidgeon, pidgey, mykonian, WrathChild)
Acosmist - 4 (Kublai Khan, Yates, Elscouta, mastin2)
WrathChild - 1 (Tammy)

Not voting - zabriel, PeregrineV, MagnaofIllusion, jasonT1981, Nero Cain

mastin2 is V/LA until Monday

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is 3 PM EST on November 15, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1864, pidgey wrote:Plus scum aldo habe a say on who to shoot.

Scum also have a say on who we lynch. So by your logic, we shouldn't lynch either. Right?

In post 1868, AngryPidgeon wrote:Oh look KK, Tammy ALREADY DIDN'T SHOOT WHO WE TOLD HER TO. GUESS TODAY IS THE DAY TO LYNCH HER, RIGHT? RIGHT!

That's because you idiots who were spamming the thread with "Prove your claim!" "Shoot him!" "No, him!" didn't really stop to think about it at any point, did you?

In post 1880, mykonian wrote:1804 is KK being a dick. Yay, I found a friend. Scum as hell btw if I were KK and made that post. If he is scum I know what manipulation he did there. It's pretty nice in that case. Not so cool as town. Snifit knows.

I don't know what any of this means. The only manipulation I was trying to do was to try to get scum to NK Tammy.

In post 1864, pidgey wrote:The worst part is that the posture everyone is taking is probably one they would make as town or scum so infind all of this to be fluff and null.

Well, you know that Tammy isn't scum with AurorusVox, right?

So if you were scum, and a cop outs themselves with a guilty on someone not in your mafia group... You jump on that wagon.

The wagon stalled? Shit, start fighting the arguments. The counter-arguments are decent? SHIT. Double-down on disproven arguments! Active Lurk! DO NOT ENGAGE IN INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION.

I have made a very fucking good argument for why Tammy shouldn't be lynched. I used small succint sentences for maximum clarity and people on the wagon balked at the idea of doing something logical, but couldn't quite verbalize why my idea was bad. The counter-arguments are just getting bizarre and stupid.

"Tammy could be BP!"
-- Wild (anti-town) speculation. Who the fuck is crying over the idea of scum shooting kevlar?

"Tammy won't listen and will shoot wildly!"
-- Tammy doesn't have a choice. We don't need her permission for this. We point. She shoots. Or she dies.

"We must lynch a guilty result!"
-- Dogmatic thinking is the shittiest reason to do anything. Stop playing mafia is this is your argument.

"We have to deal with the SK"
-- So does scum. Especially if the SK is helping town.

"She could be part of a faction!"
-- Great. We control that faction's kill while Tammy is alive. What's the problem?

Am I missing anything? Why is town still on Tammy's wagon?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Who's scum on Tammy's wagon:

snifit - dogmatic "guilty = lynch" thinking and thinks SKs will shoot randomly for little gain before getting lynched.

Acosmist - Dogmatic "guilty = lynch" thinking. But he's scum.

Kise - "The extra daykill really isn't needed. You guys need more confidence." (Scum)

Benmage - Is so gung-ho that Tammy should be lynched that he's actively putting forth reasons why she shouldn't be night-killed. Either a shitty town-cop or a pretty good lyncher.

AngryPidgeon - Lots of shitty arguments then () where he looks for his out off the wagon. Smart enough to know better. Poss. scum.

pidgey - Thinks Tammy is a ditzy maverick.

mykonian - No reasoning given. Just wants to shut down talk at this point. Poss. scum.

WrathChild - Dogmatic "guilty = lynch" thinking. Possibly illiterate.

Acosmist, Kise, AngryPidgeon and/or Mykonian are suspects regardless of how Tammy flips.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by Acosmist »

The hell is going on with this game?! END THE DAY
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:33 am

Post by Kise »

In post 1949, jasonT1981 wrote:I'm thinking more and more Kise really doesn't want to try in this game and should be lynched

Suspecting me is fine. What's unreasonable is for you to think there's anything else I need to say. Mastin has dodged several of my questions, but don't tunnel him, keep humping my leg.

Not voting to end this day is what tries the playerlist's patience. Town is only down two vanillas... we don't need a daykill to win, stop being insecure. Vote tammy or kick rocks.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 am

Post by Acosmist »

The obligation to dodge prods here is just obnoxious. If you can't end the day then please replace out so a person with a brain can play. Thanks in advance. Not posting during this day anymore. Later.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 am

Post by Kise »

I hope you know jason

If you weren't such a scared little man, you would actually have support by voting me. Several people here would join you to lynch me.

Confidence is where?

Yet…
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:08 am

Post by Yates »

It's the weekend. People aren't super active on weekends. I think MoI is V/LA until Monday. Quit the chicken little routine and give this game until tomorrow night or Tuesday morning. That will still leave us with time to change votes if need be.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 am

Post by zabriel »

Unless we do have multiball going on, KK is town now. His last two posts are very logical and sensible.

Also, never considered that Ben might be a lyncher. Interesting idea KK.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Acosmist & Kise
- Why is town still on Tammy's wagon?

Neither of you have put forth a good unanswered reason why we should lynch her and have ignored my posts why we shouldn't. This is your last ditch effort to convince me that you're not scum. Right now scum gains from lynching Tammy so they don't have to waste a night-kill on her. Justify your attempts to end the day by hiding behind Benmage's syphilitic ramblings.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:53 am

Post by Elscouta »

All points from both sides have been made. People that are not voting for Ascomists or Tammy should take a side to break the stalemate, or explain why they aren't voting for either.

In post 1960, zabriel wrote:Unless we do have multiball going on, KK is town now. His last two posts are very logical and sensible.

Also, never considered that Ben might be a lyncher. Interesting idea KK.

I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1954, Kublai Khan wrote:Who's scum on Tammy's wagon:

snifit - dogmatic "guilty = lynch" thinking and thinks SKs will shoot randomly for little gain before getting lynched.

Acosmist - Dogmatic "guilty = lynch" thinking. But he's scum.

Kise - "The extra daykill really isn't needed. You guys need more confidence." (Scum)

Benmage - Is so gung-ho that Tammy should be lynched that he's actively putting forth reasons why she shouldn't be night-killed. Either a shitty town-cop or a pretty good lyncher.

AngryPidgeon - Lots of shitty arguments then () where he looks for his out off the wagon. Smart enough to know better. Poss. scum.

pidgey - Thinks Tammy is a ditzy maverick.

mykonian - No reasoning given. Just wants to shut down talk at this point. Poss. scum.

WrathChild - Dogmatic "guilty = lynch" thinking. Possibly illiterate.

Acosmist, Kise, AngryPidgeon and/or Mykonian are suspects regardless of how Tammy flips.

The reasoning is given quite a bit earlier. I hopped off at some point and went back.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1405, mykonian wrote:yeah, I wasn't at my strongest yesterday. Should have filtered a bit more. Sorry about that, I was working a bit sleep deprived.

Benmage is right. If tammy was town, she'd have shot him. Tammy however in her posts already gave up. She claims she'll act town motivated, which I believe, I guess. The problem is still that she makes the last choice (as she did with thadmiral here), which wasn't the choice of a majority of town. I'm doubtful that she'll act like a second lynch.

If it's indeed day-sk/one scumteam, we should lynch her today, or in two days, to end up at a uneven number. After that, the fact that the SK is gone simply means more mislynches for us as there are less townies getting shot.

I think I'm taking the 50% shot at scum tammy. I don't think you'll hit that 50% if we give you two more kills.

vote tammy
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

But she made the choice of ThAdmiral because she was pressured to prove her "vig" claim.

And if she didn't shoot the cop, who is one of the most powerful town roles, what is the damage you think she'll do that out-weighs the benefit of leashing her?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 am

Post by mykonian »

shooting townies?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So I am LA til Monday and probably will not get to fully catch-up until the start of the week. That being said I have questions that I would like answers to while I do so.

Benmage

Is this another one of your questionable “fake-Cop” results? I know you have faked results in the past with variable effects (Godfather lynches to disasters) and I’m not in the mood for backtracking from you after the fact.

Please commit 100% (with no backing out) that you have a Guilty investigation result on Tammy.

Tammy

1. Why did you not shoot or vote Benmage? You keep saying you know he would know you are not Mafia if had investigated you. Why are you staking your position that he is effectively Town gambitting poorly and not backing off?
2. Why did you take so long to actually claim your Role Name? While I’m not big on ‘outguessing the Mod’ I am having some issues with the flavor of you kill compared to your claim.

Anyone Not Voting Tammy

What is your reason for not voting her?

1. Do you doubt Benmage’s guilty? If so why aren’t you voting him as Town has no reason to fake a guilty Day 2.
2. Do you want to ‘leash’ Tammy? If so please provide a link to a Theme game where leashing a killer resulted in overall Pro-Town results. Because I feel VERY, VERY strongly it is stupid and can provide many links showing that ‘leashing’ a non-Town killer results in disaster.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1967, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Anyone Not Voting Tammy

What is your reason for not voting her?

1. Do you doubt Benmage’s guilty? If so why aren’t you voting him as Town has no reason to fake a guilty Day 2.
2. Do you want to ‘leash’ Tammy? If so please provide a link to a Theme game where leashing a killer resulted in overall Pro-Town results. Because I feel VERY, VERY strongly it is stupid and can provide many links showing that ‘leashing’ a non-Town killer results in disaster.

1. I'm not really doubting the guilty. But the insistence of a lynch bothers me.
2. I'd prefer you ISO me and read my posts on the matter. I'm not going to read random large themes to try to prove a point. Even if I find 5 great leashing strategies, it's likely not going to sway anyone so the work-to-reward ratio is not beneficial.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Kise »

Oh great, Mag is here. Now I gotta scratch mason off the fakeclaim list.

@KK, it's all opinion based and if what I said isn't really seen as being a strong reason, that's your take on it. The thing that I'm on is that she read guilty and not neutral, but even if she IS SK and not 2nd mafia, she knows she's screwed and she also knows a few power roles. I suspect she'd sooner spite us by killing Ben or Nero. Why even trust her after all that her antagonists have said? She knows how we feel. There's really no turning back to try and get her to play nice with the promise she make somehow win. I HIGHLY doubt she wastes her time being a puppet.

But again, what's greater reason to vote her for me is the guilty read.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:21 am

Post by Kise »

And about her claim Johnny Sasaki... I can't remember a game where the SK was given a weak fakeclaim such as that. Sounds like something the mod would give to a goon.

Yet…
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:06 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 1967, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So I am LA til Monday and probably will not get to fully catch-up until the start of the week. That being said I have questions that I would like answers to while I do so.

Benmage

Is this another one of your questionable “fake-Cop” results? I know you have faked results in the past with variable effects (Godfather lynches to disasters) and I’m not in the mood for backtracking from you after the fact.

Please commit 100% (with no backing out) that you have a Guilty investigation result on Tammy.

Who did you replace again? I do hope I had a scumread on them, would suit me perfectly. Because in that case you are continuing a trend for that slot.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 am

Post by mykonian »

zor. Bleh. Didn't have a read on that, I think. Well, you are scum on your own then, I guess.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 am

Post by Benmage »

@MOI
what fakeclaim are you referring to?

How stupid would it be to fakeclaim cop d2 in a large theme?? How easy a CC there could be. Outting the real cop, likely getting myself lynched. Idiocy. I'm tactical. Tammy didn't shoot me because she'd be lynched afterward.

That fact that you haven't voted Tammy yet, makes me more wary of your slot.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 am

Post by pidgey »

How is this game still not over with D2
-----------------
Sup

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”