Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Tarballs »

3rd Vote Count of Day 1

8 - TheLonging
(Konowa, NavyCherub, pman5595, Bogre, RichardGHP, DragonsofSummer, InflatablePie, Annachie)
2 - Annachie
(DizzyIzzyB13, malpascp)
1 - pman5595
(Nicodemus)

9 - Not voting
(EtherealCookie, CCARaven4, Fugitive, TheLonging, sorasgoof, ready2rock, Parama, curiouskarmadog, diddin)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.
Deadline for this day is January 21st, 2010.

EtherealCookie replaces danakillsu.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Annachie »

http://msprodder.appspot.com/

Thread ID 13044
Comma seperated list: curiouskarmadog,Bogre,Annachie,DizzyIzzyB13,DragonsofSummer,danakillsu,Konowa,malpascp,RichardGHP,CCARaven4,
InflatablePie,sorasgoof,ready2rock,diddin,Fugitive,pman5595,Nicodemus,NavyCherub,Parama,TheLonging,

Prod time, 76 hours

Gives the times that people last posted, and if they are up for prodding.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Annachie »

Dizzy. Are you voting me or what?
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:53 am

Post by pman5595 »

diddin wrote:Pman however, starts out the game inconsistently in the RVS, then seems eager for somebody to hammer TL. Posting that TL is at L-1 without adding any other content could mean "hey mafia buddies, somebody hammer him quick!" Not enough to warrent a vote, but enough to warrant an
FoS
for
pman
I already explained myself for page one. For the other point, you interpret that in one way to associate it with a scumtell, but it could just have easily been to prevent a lurker coming in to vote without knowing they were hammering. I did not mean it either way, it was just for general information purposes, sort of like posting vote totals. But still, you seem to just be looking for scum, which is fine. Just remember to assess all scenarios before writing it off as a scumtell.
ready2rock wrote:Question to everyone with their vote on TheLonging:

Given recent events, including the claim, do you still find TheLonging scum? If so, why?
I still find him scummy, and he is definitely the most scummy looking person right now, so for that reason I will keep my vote on him.

Obviously if someone else starts to look scummy, I will reconsider.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Parama »

Annachie wrote:
Parama wrote:Mod, my vote for TheLonging should not count as I forgot to unvote first. It is pretty surprising that nobody noticed it, but that was the point. TheLonging should've never been at L-1, technically speaking.
Nothing has changed about TheLonging being scum, though.
There was a point to you forgeting to do something?
Either you meant it or you didn't but you're claiming both.
Then unvoted when you were told your vote did count.
You didn't forget so why claim to?
Parama, explaine yourself please.
I forgot to unvote dana when I first vote TheLonging. I was going to see if anyone would attempt a hammer on TheLonging, but since my vote did count... wouldn't have helped. It would've been pretty easy to overlook that I hadn't unvoted first, could've tricked a scum into voting... but now that I know unvotes are required I'm not going to try anything like that again, too risky.
Konowa wrote:Here is why I think TheLonging is scum:
1)He has failed to scumhunt in what I think is a protown manner.
A lot of people in this game have pretty poor at scumhunting, really.
Konowa wrote: 2)When he unvotes me he says that a few people are suspicious to him but fails to list them. I really do not see the town thought process behind this. Town should have no problem listing who they find suspicious. Scum are more reluctant to give reads on people because it might slip them up.
This is incredibly true. In fact, how about my suspicions? I haven't really put much out there yet.
My suspicions:
TheLonging
- see... this post, previous posts
ready2rock
- there was a lot of misrep in 184, not liking it at all. Plus, Konowa has stated earlier why he thinks TL is scum.
DragonsofSummer
- actively lurking, not contributing much. Most of his posts are only restating what others have said.
Konowa wrote: 3)When he does post suspicions in 111 they are all for pretty poor reasons*.
Yeah, gonna have to agree that those reasons are... horrible, thin, not enough, etc.
Konowa wrote: 4)He has backtracked on several things he has said so far.
I have yet to understand why this is a scumtell, but w/e.
Konowa wrote: 5)His entire play thus far has been to me more about self-survival than anything else, which is a very big scum tell to me.
oh dear god this. A townie should be willing to risk themselves to make an argument. If you're playing only for yourself, then you're scum or possibly SK (no speculations please). Add this to the fact that TheLonging has failed to scumhunt at all and it makes it all the more likely TL is scum.
Sorry for jumping votes around a lot, I'm going to be honest, my first vote on TL I did not give enough of a reason. Anyways,
vote: TheLonging
because, on the odd chance he's not scum, he's still playing very anti-town and not trying to scumhunt, trying to deflect attention away from himself, and overall just playing really scummy.
Konowa wrote: *Note: If TheLonging flips scum I am going to go out on a limb and say that one of CSL (now Annachie), DoS, or sorasgoof is scum based on the one in three rule. I have nothing to support this at the time but this is an indication of where my thoughts lie.
I do not fully agree with this, but if we do lynch TL today and he does flip scum then one of the 3 would at least be a good place to start on D2.

Something I missed earlier:
CCARaven4 wrote: Parama seems town only because his posts read the same on this thread as they did in the other mafia game I played with him, and he was town in that game.
There's a world of difference between a game on SH and a game on mafiascum. And anyways, wouldn't the same person generally play with generally the same style? This post screams buddying to me.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Parama »

also, mod,
could you do something about Annachie's 201? It's stretching the page
and it's really bugging me :/ Kinda random but it makes posts harder to read.

It's fixed now.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:20 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Given recent events, including the claim, do you still find TheLonging scum? If so, why?
The claim doesn't change my mind much. Post 192 gives me more of a town vibe, however, I both agree and disagree with r2r in Post 197. He does seem more town as of lately. However, if he is scum, than being so close to lynch he would obviously act as townie as possible. Maybe he's treading carefully because he actually is town? But that goes into WIFOM. =/

He addressed my question by rewording my observation earlier concerning Richard to Navy. Acting overly careful and such. His answer to my questions generally had sort of an on-the-fence/neutral attitude.

He's starting to redeem himself, but besides my earlier reasons and the lack of greater alternatives at the moment, I think that he would obviously try his best to seem town after the pressure is on him and I'm leaning towards that side of the WIFOM. I'm keeping my vote for now.

@sora: So if we had something like voting habits to go on, or a PR report, you'd vote? That's the only "something else" I can think of.

Can't wait to hear from dana's replacement once (s)he catches up.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by ready2rock »

ready2rock - there was a lot of misrep in 184, not liking it at all. Plus, Konowa has stated earlier why he thinks TL is scum.
1. I already stated that I misinterpreted his posts and when he clarified for me, I removed my FoS on him.

2. Where did he state that? After he said "I'm pretty sure TheLonging is scum" (90) he didn't really give a good explanation, although he has now.

Anyway, I agree with doing something about the stretching of the page.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I know that the difference between mafiascum and ScoreHero has been brought up in the past, but I thought this might count for something.

TheLonging is still remaining in the SH mafia game and he's not acting that great in that game either. I'm thinking his scum-like actions might be a style of play, but I could be wrong.

Also, he is at L-2, I believe.

/my two cents
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Geez, lots of stuff to catch up on since yesterday. Here we go!
RichardGHP wrote:@Pie, I didn't want people to think that I had suspicions on Navy, beacuse, well, I don't at this point. I was just pointing out the fact that good contributions isn't always a town-tell. That said, I do intend to contribute more to this game than I did the SH one, whatever my role may be.
Question for you, Richard. What do you consider town-tells?
RichardGHP wrote:I haven't really been paying attention to the thread, apart from the TheLonging saga, so I don't really have any reads on anyone else yet.
That is definitely suspicious, if not scummy. Blatantly stating that you haven't been paying attention to the thread? Interesting.
FoS: Richard

ready2rock wrote:2. I see what you're saying. To a lot of people, there is a large step between no suspicion and a FoS, and a small step between a FoS and a vote. However, to me, it is just the opposite. If they are leaning not-so-pro-town to me, I FoS them. It is mainly my list of possible suspects. However, a vote is a much bigger deal. It is a vote for a lynch, to kill someone, to eliminate them for the rest of the game. This is why I do not like the throwing around of votes.
I think it is heavily dependent on the situation. If the player in question has no or little votes, a vote or two is good to guarantee some discussion. However, once a decent amount of votes have been gathered, they start to gain more weight, so FoSs start to become more important. Late in the game votes are always important, but we're not there yet obviously.
TheLonging wrote:A claim? Alright. My role is
Vanilla Townie
Really safe claim, not sure what to make of it this early to be honest.
ready2rock wrote:pman just jumped on my scumdar for his request for a claim. A few people have posted since he has been at L-1, and none have asked for a claim. I think that it is bad to try to speak for everyone when no one else posting has asked for a claim.

Also, a claim doesn't always solve everything. Take that claim, for example. Claiming VT does almost nothing for me unless you have good evidence. Also, you seemed a little eager to claim for such a small role. For me, your eagerness to claim and your lack of evidence cancels out the desired effect of this claim. Thus, it does nothing in my eyes. I stand by my vote.
Half agree. Pman's request for a claim was scummy, but I can't think of a better time to ask for a claim than when someone is at L-1. TL is also suspicious for claiming after only one request, when no one else had even come close to asking.
DragonsofSummer wrote:Waffle harder please?!/sarcasm
Joking after other people have been called out for joking at this point? :|
FoS: DragonsofSummer

TheLonging wrote:For the latter question; I wouldn't want to choose anyone to lynch because no one has been acting that scummy aside from me. Richard may be scum but I don't think his being overly careful is scumtell at all: it's probably his style of play. I wouldn't choose to lynch him.
Are you saying that you still have zero suspicions? Not even a little? Looks to me like you're trying to avoid committing to any sort of conclusion.
Parama wrote:
Not speaking for Konowa, but from where I stand scum are the most likely to make quick excuses and try to make up for them later. Hence why backtracking could be considered scummy.

He only posts to defend himself and is not scumhunting at all. This is shown by his reluctance to say that he is suspicious of anyone but Richard. He is constantly making mistakes and taking them back, including being pro-random lynch for a time. He was quick to claim a safe role when asked only once.

Preview edit:
RichardGHP wrote:I know that the difference between mafiascum and ScoreHero has been brought up in the past, but I thought this might count for something.

TheLonging is still remaining in the SH mafia game and he's not acting that great in that game either. I'm thinking his scum-like actions might be a style of play, but I could be wrong.
Please stop bringing up ongoing games.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by TheLonging »

NavyCherub wrote:
TheLonging wrote:For the latter question; I wouldn't want to choose anyone to lynch because no one has been acting that scummy aside from me. Richard may be scum but I don't think his being overly careful is scumtell at all: it's probably his style of play. I wouldn't choose to lynch him.
Are you saying that you still have zero suspicions? Not even a little? Looks to me like you're trying to avoid committing to any sort of conclusion.
Actually no, I AM suspicious of Richard, but he doesn't seem completely scum etc. Doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of him.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

NavyCherub wrote:Geez, lots of stuff to catch up on since yesterday. Here we go!
RichardGHP wrote:@Pie, I didn't want people to think that I had suspicions on Navy, beacuse, well, I don't at this point. I was just pointing out the fact that good contributions isn't always a town-tell. That said, I do intend to contribute more to this game than I did the SH one, whatever my role may be.
Question for you, Richard. What do you consider town-tells?
Honestly? Nothing at this point. I don't have the experience to know a definite town-tell, if there are any. Regardless, I still don't think I/we can trust anybody at this stage.

Also, inb4 "stop noobclaiming".

[quote"Nvay"]
RichardGHP wrote:I haven't really been paying attention to the thread, apart from the TheLonging saga, so I don't really have any reads on anyone else yet.
That is definitely suspicious, if not scummy. Blatantly stating that you haven't been paying attention to the thread? Interesting.
FoS: Richard
[/quote]

I don't get how it's suspicious, but whatever. I wouldn't say it's a scum-tell by itself, maybe lurking combined with bandwagoning and just general pro-Mafia attitudes.

I know you are against me bringing up the SH game, but when this one started I was honestly more focused on the SH one, as I was at L-1 or L-2, can't remember which. With me out of that one now, you can expect more activity from me in this game.

Also, inb4 more "stop noobclaiming".
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

EBWOP:
Nvay wrote:
That is definitely suspicious, if not scummy. Blatantly stating that you haven't been paying attention to the thread? Interesting. FoS: Richard
*rant in post above this one*
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Parama »

NavyCherub wrote:
Parama wrote:
Not speaking for Konowa, but from where I stand scum are the most likely to make quick excuses and try to make up for them later. Hence why backtracking could be considered scummy.
And now that makes perfect sense.

Also, I'm fed up with your posting, Richard. Play this game, not the SH game you're out of. Stop noobclaiming, it doesn't work, ever. I'm not inclined to think you're scum because of the way you play universally, but it isn't helping the town...
You posted that you haven't been paying attention to the thread... basically saying you're not
really
playing, i.e. active-lurking
Plus, you're not trying to scumhunt, more focused on saving yourself (which is what all the noobclaiming is).
@Richard: Who do you think is scummiest? (top 3 is fine but you can do less or more if you want)
@TheLonging: what in particular makes you suspicious of Richard?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

RichardGHP wrote: Honestly? Nothing at this point. I don't have the experience to know a definite town-tell, if there are any. Regardless, I still don't think I/we can trust anybody at this stage.

Also, inb4 "stop noobclaiming".
stop noobclaiming

In all seriousness, stop saying you have little experience playing. We get it, and frankly, it isn't a good defense. *refreshes* Damnit Parama.

Of course no one can trust anyone. Stating the obvious.

@Richard: If you absolutely had to pick THREE users here who are most likely to be town, who would they be? Please give reasons as well.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

@Pie, it's not like I've been doing this for months or years. I've only played one game, and I didn't even last until endgame in that one. You have to give me time to be able to play this game as fluently as you guys do.

@Parama, grab a deck of cards and deal with it.

Also @Parama and @Pie, TheLonging is my top candidate for scum right now for his general scum-like actions. Other than that most of the players who have posted seem generally pro-town to me. NavyCherub asked me what I thought were town-tells. It could be because he wants to make the right choice when killing someone tonight. Of course, that's only assuming that he's scum and other than that, I get more of a pro-town vibe from him.

@Pie, if I had to pick three users who are most likely town, I would say that Parama seems pro-town to me, Navy generall seems town apart from the occasional comment. Those two are most likely town in my eyes. Not sure on a third probable townie, again, I should really go back and do a quick PBPA of each player and update my town list and my not-so-town list.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Parama »

RichardGHP wrote:@Parama, grab a deck of cards and deal with it.
Sorry pal, Mafia doesn't work like that.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Up to page 4. Not digging pman's vote on Fugitive, which he quickly unvoted after being shown it was a poor reason.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I'm pretty sure that TheLonging is scum, and I was just about to hammer him, but then I refreshed and saw his claim. Without that, I would feel completely confident in a hammer, but now I'm not sure what to believe. I'd hate to get off to a bad start and lynch a townie right off the bat.
What? You were scared to hammer because you saw Vanilla Townie, one of the most common scum claims? Bull.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Done reading. Above quote is for CCARaven4, who I am definitely voting for.

Vote:CCARaven4
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Parama »

Any particular reasons besides the one quote? It is a weird thing to say, I'll admit, seeing as VT isn't a very special role, but if you're basing your whole case on it, I don't see where you're coming from...
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Is there anyone else you found suspicious in your reading through the thread?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

It's more of an attempt to get someone who has been very quiet to speak out. And, I found CSL suspicious due to the lurking but he mentioned his internet being off, so that's excused. I don't like the bandwagon on TheLonging. I find him to just be a newbie victim. There's obviously scum on that wagon, looking for a quick and easy lynch.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Parama wrote:@TheLonging: what in particular makes you suspicious of Richard?
One of the reasons is that he's seeming to be overly careful, like his post where he says that he wasn't attacking Navy where he didn't even do anything like that, or being hesitant to vote for me. Trying to defend himself from a bandwagon even though it really wasn't one. Trying to use noobishness and lurking as an excuse for not doing so well (I swear there's a better word for me to use than this, this isn't the right one)
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

TheLonging wrote:
Parama wrote:@TheLonging: what in particular makes you suspicious of Richard?
One of the reasons is that he's seeming to be overly careful, like his post where he says that he wasn't attacking Navy where he didn't even do anything like that.
That was simply a precaution. Had I not disclaimed that I didn't intend to attack Navy, people would have thought I had something against, him, which I don't. Was it overly careful? Probably. But I wouldn't have felt right not putting that there.

Call it paranoia, if you like, but I felt I needed to have that in there.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”