he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote Count 1-8
:

XScorpion ~ L-4 (flinter, Mylynes, Rhinox)

kyle99 ~ L-5 (xRECKONERx, Looker)
Kise ~ L-6 (Cat)
Gerty ~ L-6 (Dry-fit)
Mylynes ~ L-6 (Gerty)
flinter ~ L-6 (xofelf)
Looker ~ L-6 (XScorpion)

Not Voting: Kise, kyle99

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is January 18 at roughly 8 a.m. (GMT-5).
Last edited by VP Baltar on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Looker »

^That guy rocks
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 am

Post by XScorpion »

Looker wrote:
XScorpion wrote:
looker wrote:I didn't imply I was voting Kyle on evidence,
And this is exactly why you are scum.

And how long are you going to keep dodging my question?
Why did you unvote Kise?
Because I saw a jalapeno.
Someone please help me just lynch this guy?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Looker »

O man, I was SO lucky I beat u in that simulpost. That would've been embarassing
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Iso Spectacular, in Alphabetical Order

-------------

Cat

This is who I replaced. Cat said nothing. Sweet.

--------------

Dry-Fit

Oh boy someone else with three posts. Sweet. However, I do like this point he made:
"Dry-fit ISO 2 wrote:I think claiming not to know what a mime is is a mime tell.
But seriously dry-fit, get your ass in here and post.

---------------

flinter

40 posts total on the site? I'd really like to know if you're an alt. I don't need to know who the player is, just a yes or no.

I won't be able to judge flinter too much until I iso scorpion and know the answer to the above question. She seems to be pretty earnest on the scorpion wagon. The problem is, she also seems to think wagon-hopping is a scumtell - so sticking on the scorpion wagon is also exactly what I'd expect from flinter-scum. Regardless though, I definitely don't want to lynch flinter d1, so for now I can kind of put her out of mind.

-------------------

Gerty

I don't know what to make of Gerty. ISO 3 is a good content post, and I'd like to see a couple more of those before I try to judge Gerty. If nothing else she (I know it's a m/f hydra, but since I know it was the female posting at least twice that is officially Gerty's gender) seems to be putting in a good effort with fairly transparent posts, and I like to keep easily readable players around.

-----------------

Kise

role gambiting in an open? What the hell. I'm inclined to think kise is a townie after that little exchange, if only because that's a very self-centered gambit (it's all about 'must see reactions!' with no concern as to how others would view you for it - townies care the least about their image.)

But he's posting a lot without saying too much. I like his ISO 10 quite a bit - especially his thoughts re: directing the vig (I'll be posting my setup thoughts after the ISO's.) But besides that, he's kind of active lurking while looking like he's being busy.

-----------------------

kyle99

I don't think his 'vote, oh wait mimes exist, unvote' was any particular alignment slip. However, it's worth noting that most of his posts are just clarifications/defenses of that move. What content has kyle provided?

And here's a laugh:
kyle99 ISO 11 wrote:
XScorpion wrote:Actually I'm just really bad/lazy town but ok lol.
Nice. Those are great qualities for a townie.
I know kyle is a lazy scum, and you're being lazy (in terms of content) in this game. This is kind of pot calling the kettle black.

kyle hasn't completed a game as town yet so I don't know if this is because he's scum once more or if it's just that kyle is a lazy person, but seriously. Post content. You know what posting content looks like. do that.

-----------------------------

Taking a food break, I'll get to the rest of you bums soon enough. In the meantime:

question for mod: the scum PM doesn't mention anything about a nk. Do scum get a nk? If so, can it be roleblocked by a mime?

preview edit- looker stop spamming.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

hito wrote:question for mod: the scum PM doesn't mention anything about a nk. Do scum get a nk? If so, can it be roleblocked by a mime?
Yes, sorry if it's not there. I copied the PMs from the setup discussion for this specific game. Mafia does get a kill and it is blockable.
(edit: setup post has now been corrected.)
Last edited by VP Baltar on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Dry-fit »

XScorpion wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Scorp's not scum, he's just failtown, like I
usually
am. But we should really lynch Kyle.
Emphasis on usually...this implies that xRECKONERx is not a town in this game. Scumslip, or mime?
Wow, that's a real stretch.
Looker wrote:I wouldn't call it desperate, but there's only one way to start the game. You know that.
But the game hadalready started by that point.

untote. vote: Looker
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 am

Post by flinter »

@hito. I have played with some of the players of the previous game on another forum. I know Xofelf from there. I have read quite a lot of games here by now, so I think I have a basic idea how things are done.

you misunderstand how I think about votes. Votehopping doesn't have to be a scumtell, it is the motives behind it. The slight movement of my own vote is because I tend to be careful with it. My suspicions I post, but my vote I use on the most suspicious, or noone, if I don't think it likely enough I'll vote for scum.

If you want to know who I suspect, you'll have to read my posts I'm afraid.

Summary for our replacement:
(ordered by how sure I am about it)

Kise: antitown (even if he is town, he is disrupting the town)
Xscorpion: scum
Kyle: clumsy town
Reckoner: mime
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 am

Post by flinter »

Dry-fit wrote:
XScorpion wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Scorp's not scum, he's just failtown, like I
usually
am. But we should really lynch Kyle.
Emphasis on usually...this implies that xRECKONERx is not a town in this game. Scumslip, or mime?
Wow, that's a real stretch.
if you see this, and you have read the thread where Scorp has come up a few times with
excuses
when he was attacked, when he has confirmed he had no interest in scumhunting, what he was attacked for, and his recent going all out at looker for erratic behaviour, you know you have scum trying to get away from a lynch, or a very clever mime. I have argued in an earlier post why I thought the last unlikely.

So why would you vote LOOKER of all people?

@ looker: you disappointed me :( I'm making a good and productive wagon, hopefully (and IMO, likely) on scum, and it is not good enough for you?
please, don't kill me.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:49 am

Post by kyle99 »

@hito, I actually have completed a game as a townie, I think it was newbie 877. I honestly think reck just hates me, he did the same thing to me in my other game. I have a feeling scorp is scum, he was town in a newbie game with me, and he's playing WAY differently. Ill look at things closer when I get home, I'm out snowboarding.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

We now return to our regularly scheduled program...

------------------
Looker

Firstly, you can make the quote ISO numbers hyperlinks? That's awesome! I'm gonna need to start doing that.

Not sure how I feel about Looker. He's posting a lot (that's good), trying to push a bandwagon (that's good), but isn't really adopting much of a position on anything (that's bad.) I completely understand where you're coming from but you can't use your vote as a blind pressure tool without sharing your thoughts. The most telling was when you continually voted players until they answer 'who do you want lynched?". It's certainly something I want to know, but when you are formulaic as you are you're basicially absolving yourself of responsibility for you vote. Who do
you
want lynched? Give me a vote that shows what you think, not just want you want to know. And stop the recent spam-posting garbage.

-------------------------------------------------

mylenes

Once again, a player with a decent number of posts and no real position on anything. He voted kyle "just for pressure", which irks me - I'm a full supporter of pressure votes, but generally you should never have to refer to them as such (look at Looker - he pressure votes left and right but never has to say 'LOL THAT WAS A PRESSURE VOTE', it's clear by context), and doing so usually strikes me as a player trying to divorce themselves from being responsible for their votes.

And there's this gem of a point in his latest post:
Mylynes [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2056335#2056335]Iso 13[/url] wrote: To me it looks like it would be in the towns best interest to search for both mafia and mimes then lynch or vig accordingly.
Way to take up a strong position, chief.

However, I'm inclined to be a bit more lenient on mylenes because he's new. I like his current vote on scorpion. You've gotta work on your scumhunting and such more, but I'm willing to give you a bit of time and the benefit of the doubt to try to figure out the games dynamics.

------------------------

Rhinox

Rhinox is in the 1000+ post club, and I really wasn't expecting this. A lot of set-up speculation and general information instead of analysis. His main thought was that kise is scum or mime, oh wait just kidding I agree he's probably town. And then he follows up by jumping on the scorpion wagon. Hey, rhinox, there are players in this game, and it'd be kinda cool if you, y'know, commented on their actions, and not just tried to play what-should-the-vig-do.

----------------------

xofelf

Another non-contributor. Man this game needs a kick in the ass. However, I will say that her ISO 5 is the kind of actual contentposting (read: actually giving reads and not just talking about the setup) this game needs so if she gets back in here and continues to post content I will be a happy hito. But if not I will be (a/an) {some word that starts with h and communicates the idea of 'angry'} hito.

-------------------------

reckoner

reckoner is an odd one. I really like his style of posting; he's giving his reads a lot. This is what I like to see from a player. I want to know what happened to his suspcison on rhinox. I don't like that he brought up his meta as a defense. I want to know if you agree with kyle's explanation on his 'I hate alt's, unvote' post, and whether or not you still think that makes him scum.

Overall I don't like quite a bit of the content reckoner has posted, but he's got a very good style and I see no reason to lynch him when his posts are giving me so much information into his thoughts. If he's scum/mime, he's one that's interacting enough that we can probably catch his buddy from his posts (or vice versa).

--------------------------------

xscorpion

For most of the way though, I'm totally cool voting for scorpion. If he's lazy, admits it, and doesn't show a particular desire to change, that's more or less it - he's gonna be an albatross around our necks and the sooner we remove him the better.

But his recent posts on Looker, despite the fact that his vote started as an OMGUS, have some merit. I don't agree it's particularly damning he unvoted kise, but it's certainly something to pursue. In short, scorpion seems to be doing a bit of honest-to-god scumhunting. If he starts to slip into lazy non-posts again I'll jump on to the wagon but for now I'm inclined to let him run loose.

---------------------

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and
vote: Rhinox

Next post (it should be right now, I just want to keep them separate) will be my thoughts on the set-up. Despite you guys talking it to death instead of actually playing the game I feel that there are a couple of points that need to be clearly said.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Looker »

Dry-fit's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2057039#2057039]Post 206[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:I wouldn't call it desperate, but there's only one way to start the game. You know that.
But the game hadalready started by that point.

untote. vote: Looker
I'm guessing this is by your opinion? You, who have three posts all game? Could you please confirm the seriousness (or lack thereof) of this case?
flinter's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2057061#2057061]Post 208[/url] wrote: @ looker: you disappointed me :( I'm making a good and productive wagon, hopefully (and IMO, likely) on scum, and it is not good enough for you?
I'd like to hear from everyone first.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

First thought: If someone claims watcher or vig, and is lying, for gods sake DO NOT COUNTERCLAIM, REAL VIG OR WATCHER. The town will work on a way for them to confirm. CC'ing - especially for the vig - is a terrible, terrible idea. Don't do it.

Second thought: I agree n1 the watcher should watch whoever we sic the vig on. I strongly disagree it should be kise - especially since it seems to mostly be for his jokey fakeclaim in an open. There is no incentive for mimes to post, because the usual tool of lynch all lurkers doesn't apply here. The town should pick a non-contributor to be vigged, because vigging is our only good tool to kill lurkers.

Third thought: we have a decent chance of having the scum kill the mimes. Just putting that out there. :D

Unrelated thought: kise, the fakeclaim was funny and all, but seriously, vote.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Kyle first, then we can discuss Looker vs Rhinoceros after Kyle and kise flip.
green shirt thursdays
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Looker »

hitogoroshi's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2057160#2057160]Post 210[/url] wrote:
Looker

Firstly, you can make the quote ISO numbers hyperlinks? That's awesome! I'm gonna need to start doing that.

Not sure how I feel about Looker. He's posting a lot (that's good), trying to push a bandwagon (that's good), but isn't really adopting much of a position on anything (that's bad.) I completely understand where you're coming from but you can't use your vote as a blind pressure tool without sharing your thoughts. The most telling was when you continually voted players until they answer 'who do you want lynched?". It's certainly something I want to know, but when you are formulaic as you are you're basicially absolving yourself of responsibility for you vote. Who do
you
want lynched? Give me a vote that shows what you think, not just want you want to know. And stop the recent spam-posting garbage.
RE: Spamming
I'm sorry, I enjoy the social aspect of the game :)

RE: What I Think
There's really nothing for me
to
think at the moment. You guys are like grits and I have to heat and stir you up if I'm ever gonna get something concrete out of you. I could blindly assume that everyone is town, but I'm really not trying to go down that road, so, until I figure out who is, I'd like to keep my options open and my vision non-tunneled. (Which makes absolutely no sense, but I'm not about to backspace all that)
xRECKONERx's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2057179#2057179]Post 213[/url] wrote:Kyle first, then we can discuss Looker vs Rhinoceros after Kyle and kise flip.
Already? Okay, Boss Man...
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Kise »

hitogoroshi wrote:Unrelated thought: kise, the fakeclaim was funny and all, but seriously, vote.
I'll come back tomorrow with a catch-up.
Reck always plays oddballish but I think he's mime as well based on similarity to how he played the role in the 1st attempt of this game.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by xofelf »

I'm going to have to do this tomorrow... or much much later.

also, Hito i think it was some marathon games and maybe one real game.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by XScorpion »

flinter wrote:So why would you vote LOOKER of all people?
Maybe because Looker is the actual scum here? I'm really not seeing how you think I'm so anti-town when Looker hadn't really contributed any more than I had for the first half of the game.
I also think it ironic that Looker is questioning dry-fit's seriousness after posts like "Because I saw a jalapeno".
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by XScorpion »

@kyle: If I'm scum here, why don't you vote for me already? Also I don't remember what game I was in with you, would you mind refreshing my memory?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Looker »

I just thought it was funny she was haranguing me for trying to start the game by saying it had already started when she'd done nothing to start it. And "Because I saw a jalapeno" was an excellent response. Maybe you should lighten up or ask the questions you want to ask, you don't have to be lazy the whole game, you can change.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by XScorpion »

OK, how about,
Why are you dodging questions?
Why don't you actually pick someone who looks scummy and vote for them?
Why don't you stop wishy washy voting and give reasons for your vote rather then just as an accompaniment to the question "who do you want to lynch"?
Why aren't you scum?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

xRECKONERx [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2057179#2057179]213[/url] wrote:Kyle first, then we can discuss Looker vs Rhinoceros after Kyle and kise flip.
I'm willing to play along with a kyle lynch, but (assuming kise does his promised catch-up post and actually votes) I can think of quite a few better vig targets than kise.
Looker [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2057198#2057198]214[/url] wrote: RE: What I Think
There's really nothing for me
to
think at the moment. You guys are like grits and I have to heat and stir you up if I'm ever gonna get something concrete out of you. I could blindly assume that everyone is town, but I'm really not trying to go down that road, so, until I figure out who is, I'd like to keep my options open and my vision non-tunneled. (Which makes absolutely no sense, but I'm not about to backspace all that)
Again, that's all well and good, but we need to know what
you
think so we can try to get something concrete out of
you
. The fact that you respond to questions aimed at you with non-sequiter answers like "Because I saw a jalapeno" even while you demand answers from others isn't winning you many town points in my book.

After his latest slap-dash quickpost, I think I'd be up for a dry-fit vig n1. Your thoughts?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

EBWOP: that last 'your thoughts' was directed at everyone.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Looker »

- I was unaware I dodged any actual questions. I thought I was neglecting to make a case for you.
- How do you expect anyone to look scummy this early? Once everyone's involved, I'm sure I'll choose wisely.
- There
are
no reasons for any votes yet other than I'm trying to get
everybody
to vote without a select few being the only ones.
- Because VP hates me; however, if you're asking me to refute allegations that I am scum, then I hereby refute them.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Looker »

@Hito:

I'm pretty much open to anyone right now. Of course, I could go the conventional route and suspect those who suspect me, but I've played this game before and would rather not do that. I actually prefer my dice-roll maneuver and only vote people now because I want us all to vote. I don't really see any cases that look worth wagoning over so spontaneity's good with me. That and I like non-sequitor. Eggs.

Return to “Completed Open Games”