Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 am

Post by Charlie »

Anon wrote:Also deathnote is town. We should all be voting Inhim now.
Confidence level?
Kindness
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:45 am

Post by almightybob »

There's too many potential flavour interpretations of Boomer Bile for it to be useful in that sense. It could be a vig, a roleblock, a redirect, a bus drive, a post restriction (although I don't see how that would be a pro-Town use), an investigation (enemies hit by Boomer Bile show up with purple outlines, whereas teammates cannot be hit by the Bile)...

I don't think your plan will work for the Boomer Bile Pome. It might work for different items with a more obvious use (e.g. shotgun) but there's too many flavour interpretations for this one.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:42 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Mod: I am ending my V/LA early.

Hey everyone, I am going to read over the past few pages and see what I can find.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Pomegranate »

almightybob wrote:There's too many potential flavour interpretations of Boomer Bile for it to be useful in that sense. It could be a vig, a roleblock, a redirect, a bus drive, a post restriction (although I don't see how that would be a pro-Town use), an investigation (enemies hit by Boomer Bile show up with purple outlines, whereas teammates cannot be hit by the Bile)...

I don't think your plan will work for the Boomer Bile Pome. It might work for different items with a more obvious use (e.g. shotgun) but there's too many flavour interpretations for this one.
Fair, I agree. Though It's likely that boomer bile doesn't kill, because shotgun would probably do that. Nor do I think that it works as a doctor protesction, because that is most likely covered by medkit. It's hard to guess, but we can use the process of elimination a bit, I think.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

First thoughts: DeathNote and Charlie look scummy as hell to me.

DeathNote: Asking for sample role PM in pregame, IIoA (latter isn't conclusive since he's acted this way before as town - but I don't remember him doing it to the same degree in XABC).

Charlie: Observe...
Charlie wrote:
vote: almightybob

I felt like adding fuel to the fire.

---

Hmm... are we certain that they ARE any town PRs in this zombie infested wasteland? Coz I get the feeling that items are there to give a powerless town some leverage.

If a townie gets an item, they become a PR for the entire game (unless they are killed before using their new ability).
If scum gets an item, then nothing changes.

And since the mod is the AI Director, I get the feeling that he'll try to "balance" things out like in the real game :P
Of course that is purely speculation on my behalf.
Bandwagoning and setup speculation (of a sort that could be particularly helpful for scum). Why the hell wasn't Charlie bandwagoned like hell for this post?

Unvote, Vote: DeathNote
HoS: Charlie
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Charlie (#61), that Tar quotes above, is closely followed by Dizzy (#68) who brings up DN's question about the VT sample with "I forgot about this for a second... "

From here a DN wagon forms and continues rolling then Dizzy gets off it in #185 for no aparent reason.

So the question I have is:

Is Dizzy's post a (Pretty bloody effective) deflection from a possibly scummy Charlie post?
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Charlie »

Hey Tarhalindur. You must be the dude who made the set of "standard scumtells" found in the wiki. I suppose it is a kind of a privilege to play mafia with you :)

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that you attacked me based on my first post. I asked myself after posting that, :"Is this scummy?" and I found myself answering "No." I'm learning new stuff as I play! (For the record this is my fourth game of online mafia, first ever non-newbie game)
Kindness
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Amished »

Charlie wrote:Hey Tarhalindur. You must be the dude who made the set of "standard scumtells" found in the wiki. I suppose it is a kind of a privilege to play mafia with you :)

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that you attacked me based on my first post.
I asked myself after posting that, :"Is this scummy?"
and I found myself answering "No." I'm learning new stuff as I play! (For the record this is my fourth game of online mafia, first ever non-newbie game)
Ruh?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Ifrinn
Ifrinn
Townie
Ifrinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Ifrinn »

Tar. The attempt on my behalf was botched. Prepare yourself for an onslaught if you wish to pursue it. Or maybe you could phrase it better than I. Missed the bandwagoning though.

Charlie. I second that "Ruh?"
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Anon »

[quote"Ifrinn"]Anon. In reference to why my vote is still on DN. I consider there to be a difference between chaotic evil and lawful incompetant evil. Be he town or be he scum, why would he have asked for a sample town pm? When rationally as town or scum you know your going to get into trouble for asking that question. [/quote]
Exactly.

That is basically my point. I can see more of the times a townie asking a questions for the reasons Deathnote provided rather than a scumbag massively getting into trouble just for the lulz?. What is the scum motivation for doing this? I cant find it.

Tar, is Deathnote scum only for IIoA. Really?
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Anon »

Ifrinn wrote:Anon. In reference to why my vote is still on DN. I consider there to be a difference between chaotic evil and lawful incompetant evil. Be he town or be he scum, why would he have asked for a sample town pm? When rationally as town or scum you know your going to get into trouble for asking that question.
Exactly.

That is basically my point. I can see more of the times a townie asking a questions for the reasons Deathnote provided rather than a scumbag massively getting into trouble just for the lulz?. What is the scum motivation for doing this? I cant find it.

Tar, is Deathnote scum only for IIoA. Really?
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Anon »

I could also go for Charlie's head. Who the hell, as town, asks "is this scummy"? after reading a post?
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:37 am

Post by bv310 »

Anyone trying too hard not to look scummy.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:51 am

Post by bv310 »

jmj3000 wrote:
Mod: I am ending my V/LA early.

Hey everyone, I am going to read over the past few pages and see what I can find.
Also, any luck on this?
Ifrinn
Ifrinn
Townie
Ifrinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Ifrinn »

Anon. As town or scum i have never asked for a sample pm. On one hand its a whole bucket of WIFOM and on the other he could be town. I dont see why tow DN would not have registered "Hm. Maybe this qusetion shouldnt be asked in public and i should pm the mod." considering he has done it before too. On the other hand why would scum DN do it? Town DN has nothing to gain from it imo. Scum DN has meta up his sleeve. But then why would DN have intentionally sabotage himself in the first place in another game prior to this as you say "just for the lulz" Its just head desk all over. As of the moment I would not like DN to be lynched but if he is consistent with his scumminess (because this is what i consider it to be) then i would like him lynched somewhere in the future provided he is not given a PR.

I need to read over the nine pages and compare with my other half.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

@bv130: I am still rereading and making notes. My rereads go me reading the wholr topic at a glance, then reading it in detail, then isoing everyone, so it takes me a while.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by bv310 »

^Fair enough.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

BV, looking at this page, I see that have three posts, two of which regarding a lurker, all three of them one-loners void of scumhunting.

So I iso'd you. I found 18 post (which I willingly admtt is larger than the number of posts I have). But most of your posts are one-liners, and the ones that aren't are only a bit longer. And I mostly find comments on the game, but hardly any real scumhunting. You voted three times in your first four posts, twice for Bob, and once for Deathnote because he requested a sample Role PM (now, I don't mind that vote, but you didn't five
any
explanayion for your vote, only jumping on a popular bandwagon).

Unvote; Vote: bv310

Please respond in your next post.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

I hate to be 'that guy' but i'm not sure what "Iso'd" means, checked the wiki, didn't find anything about it, if someone could give me the jist of it, a few more things would make alot more sense to me.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by bv310 »

It's either "In Isolation", or "In Sequential Order". Either way, it means going back and rereading all posts a particular player has made.

Pom, I'm not sure what you want me to respond. I already explained my DN vote, and every time I notice something, it's already being discussed. What would you like from me? I can give you my Player-by-player reads, I can do a page by page, or I might just iso someone and see what comes up.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

bv310 wrote:What would you like from me? I can give you my Player-by-player reads, I can do a page by page, or I might just iso someone and see what comes up.
I'd probably be happy with any of those, if you really put in the effort and did some scumhunting.

--

@thatguy- At the bottom of the page, it says display post (from):
So if you choose a specific player, rather than all users, you will only see the posts that that player has made in-game. It's called someone's iso, or iso'ing someone (some people write it without the apostrophe) because you are viewing one person's posts in isolation.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by bv310 »

I'll try and do a Player-by-player and an iso of someone tomorrow. It's a bit late to start reading now.
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

Ah, how convienant. Thanks. I'll have something to say soon, I'm sure.
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by The AI Director »

Glork replaces CSL.

Francis
: I hate lawyers. When are they gonna get done practicing law?

The Fourth Vote Count of Day OneDocPotter (1): Glork
Ifrinn (6): Dr.Cyanide, Socrates, Amished, Anon, DocPotter, thatguy00
Pomegranate (1): xofelf
DeathNote (5): Ifrinn, almightybob, bv310, Charlie, Tarhalindur
bv310 (1): Pomegranate

Not voting (4): DeathNote, jmj3000, Fongoid, thatguy00
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote

I might read the game tonight. I'll definitely have some scumbaggoes handpicked and on a silver platter by the end of the day tomorrow.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”