The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK, so yeah, the Magna wagon is beyond retarded. Guys, you don't claim as town unless your lynch is absolutely inevitable, and that's L-1 'claim or die' territory, not 'Oh I know, I'll put this guy to L-1 then he'll have to claim' territory. LMP's actions make it look like he actually wants a claim for its own sake, not because he thinks Magna is scummy enough to die- hell, he even said 'Magna is not the lynch today' earlier. What suspicion he has of Magna seems to be entirely on the basis of ties to UT and a UT case that, in itself, blows.

The Raj case in itself isn't great, and there's certainly nothing there to justify putting him to L-1 this early. I don't like his attempt to stake out the moral high ground with the townie claim, and I also feel the claim itself was premature, so he's a better lynch than MOI, but
Vote: LynchMePls
is better than either, imho.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Kdub »

MR. LIPPMAN: I'm going to get right to the point. It's come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?
GEORGE: Who said that?
MR. LIPPMAN: She did.
GEORGE: Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.
MR. LIPPMAN: You're fired.
GEORGE: Well, you didn't have to say it like that.

Vote Count

charter (0) -
rajrhcpfreak (6) - Talitha, Haschel Cedricson, MagnaofIllusion, Kmd4390, Untrod Tripod, bv310
LynchMePls (1) - The Fonz
Katsuki (0) -
The Fonz (0) -
MagnaofIllusion (5) - Katsuki, MacavityLock, charter, rajrhcpfreak, LynchMePls
bv310 (0) -
Haschel Cedricson (0) -
Talitha (0) -
Untrod Tripod (0) -
Kmd4390 (0) -
MacavityLock (0) -
Not Voting (0) -

12 votes available, 7 votes needed to lynch.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I agree with Untrod's 193 and the first sentence of charter's 196.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you are happy to claim when not even at L-1? I smell a fake-claim that you just can’t wait to use.
Kmd4390 wrote:
He's scum who is anxious to fakeclaim. Must have a good one.
. . . Dammit Magna for beating me to this!
Does this tell work, ever?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 am

Post by Talitha »

I would ask Raj WHO on his wagon he suggests we lynch tomorrow, but I'm tired of being ignored.

I could see BV as scum, but can't see why this would mean Raj is town. Decent chance he's bussing IMO.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:17 am

Post by charter »

Wow, Fonz boils the magna wagon down to "magna didn't claim when at L-1" which I'm fairly certain is not a reason anyone is voting him, and ignores all the other reasons people are voting him. Then he completely ignores the extreme scummatude of BV. Then he votes LMP saying that he's a better wagon than Raj (which is true) but doesn't say why at all.

Gonna have to reread peanutman after this.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:39 am

Post by The Fonz »

charter wrote:Wow, Fonz boils the magna wagon down to "magna didn't claim when at L-1" which I'm fairly certain is not a reason anyone is voting him, and ignores all the other reasons people are voting him.
Oh no?

Katsuki random voted. Mac voted based on his secret scumtell that later turns out to be meta that he still won't share.
Untrod Tripod wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I know who needs wagoning. It's Magna! VOTE: Magna
now this is a wagon I can get behind.
unvote LMP, vote Magnaface
UT makes a vote which looks very much to fall into the wagoning for the sake of wagoning/pressure vote class. Not scummy in itself, but very much an early game thing, that doesn't appear to have anything else behind it.

Then your own vote, which you describe as a 'blind leap of faith' in other words, sheeping on Mac.

After that,
LynchMePls wrote:LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH!

Unvote
Vote: Magna

Here's a nice change of pace for you Magna, you can be lynched D1 instead of NK'ed N1! ;)
A vote about which you actually had to enquire whether it was a joke. RVS level of reasoning for an L-2 vote. But no, I clearly don't have an actual reason to find LMP scummy.
rajrhcpfreak wrote: and in light of MoI's quick defense of Katsuki i'll
unvote
vote: MoI

lets see some pressure.
OK, this is a reason. It's a bad one, but we'll take what we can get. Though note 'Let's apply some pressure' argument at L-2. I think he was pretty clearly already under pressure, wasn't he?

Peanutman voted based on two things: he thought LMP and MoI looked like they were distancing, and he didn't like Magna's case on UT. I'm not going to dwell on my predecessor for obvious reasons, make of it what you will. Suffice to say, I don't agree.

Then LMP, having unvoted to go to UT, jumps back on the wagon WITH THE SPECIFIC DECLARED INTENT TO FORCE A CLAIM. So yeah, are you still sure no-one voted on that basis?

In so far as people have attempted to justify the wagon, the one recurring thing seems to be that LMP's vote is so bad it has to be distancing. Surely that's an argument for lynching, y'know, LMP? When someone votes someone else in a manner that looks terrible, I don't tend to assume that it's the one who's the target of the shit vote who deserves lynching because of it.

Katsuki's point that both LMP and MoI are calling UT each other's scumbuddies is interesting, and might be a valid scum connection if they were both using that to get UT lynched, but uh, they're not. LMP is using UT as an excuse to push Magna right up into claim range, and that says UT-LMP to me more than it does LMP-Magna.

Your accusation that MoI asking people to say who the scummiest lurker is somehow equates to insisting that there is exactly one scum there is untrue, fallacious, and scummy. Then you called Magna's reaction an 'extreme overreaction,' on the basis that 34 was clearly a joke. Well, 34 doesn't look like a joke to me, and I don't think it's remotely protown to put someone to L-2 on the basis of a jokevote even if so. It looks more like scum jumping a wagon to me.

So no, I don't see any reason that comes close to justifying having put Magna to lynch -1, and I'm entirely justifying in calling the wagon retarded.
and ignores all the other reasons people are voting him. Then he completely ignores the extreme scummatude of BV.
'I have X as a top suspect, Y doesn't have X as a suspect, therefore I now suspect Y.' Yeah, that's not in any way stupid. Oh noes.
Then he votes LMP saying that he's a better wagon than Raj (which is true) but doesn't say why at all.
This is pretty much a blatant lie. What part of 'Looks lie he's trying to force a claim for its own sake' do you not understand? Here's a question for ya, which alignment wagons because they want to lynch scum, and which one wants to force as many claims as possible?
'Oh look, Fonz is attacking the scummy wagon I'm on, I know, I'm going to look at his predecessor's actions which I totes didn't suspect at the time and invent a reason to find them suspicious!'
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

MacavityLock wrote:OK, I'm going to soften my crusade against Magna for the moment. My reason for thinking that he might be more likely to be scum has to do with meta, and I'm not going to discuss what exactly it was right now. That's because I feel that I can get more definitive info depending on whether or not he does a certain thing in the future, and I don't want to tip what that is just yet. I do think that there's enough there to keep my vote on him for now.

That said, the Magna wagon will be absolutely fascinating to analyze once we get some flips. For right now, there is one clear winner for scummiest vote on the wagon, and that's peanutman. The reasoning was pretty weak, feels a bit invented, and the timing was absolutely perfect for either a bus (in the Magna-scum case) or an attempt to finalize the wagon (in the Magna-town case). His pressure-off unvote makes me think that they're more likely scum-buddies than the Magna-town/peanut-scum case.

I'm not seeing the major raj case. He's more null to me than scum.
There's something off about this post. The bit about peanutman's timing being perfect for either a bus or a wagon-finalizer suggests that peanut should be lynched before MoI, yet Mac leaves his vote on MoI. This reads like an attempt to set up a lynch for tomorrow regardless of how MoI flips.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:You’ve been called to provide something (really even anything) and failed repeatedly to do it.
Again, not really by anyone but you, so I'm good for now.[/quote]

I'll call you to provide something as well.

Whatever your meta thing on MoI is, apparently it's based on something MoI did in his first three posts of the game. Looking over those posts, I cannot imagine what you could possibly see in those that would cause you to not vote and to barely discuss anybody but Magna for an entire day.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Kdub »

Mass prod has been sent to eligible players. I will be enforcing the activity guidelines more strictly from this point on since the holidays are over and everyone should be getting back to their regular schedules.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Katsuki »

/prod received

On my way onto plane, will comment soon hopefully.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Prod received … tomorrow I start to have more quality time to post …
Maclock wrote:No, no one's called me out for it really. I'm tired of being able to do nothing other than than pushing your lynch.
Yeah, this is a load of scummy bullshit. You can’t do anything other than claim I am scum with ‘Invisible Meta’ as your only reason? Don’t buy that for a second.
Maclock wrote:I agree with Untrod's 193
What exactly do you agree with? That BV is bussing scum being called out on it? If so why aren’t you voting for Rajr scum?
Maclock wrote:Does this tell work, ever?
It’s more reliable that tells based on ‘Invisible Meta’ that doesn’t actually exist.
KMD wrote:Magna, Mac's whole meta thing actually oozes with townie goodness. I know the frustration of having reliable tells that I can't share (see my town read on BV in Big Brother Mafia because of something Saber had said/done in other game(s) before BV replaced him).
But you are trying to equate Mac’s refusal to source his ‘meta’ with ongoing games. That’s impossible.

1. We are in no other active games together period.
2. I am in no games where I have flipped Scum that he could be ‘observing’ any meta tells that he can’t talk about due to site rules.

So his failure to provide backing to his statements isn’t due to site rules … it is simply due to not actually having any backing. Which isn’t chock full of Townie goodness in the least.
Charter wrote:Pretty obvious that BV is scum with Magna and that Raj is town. Kmd is probably scum with both of them, as well.
Classic scum-motivated post right here looking for Town cred right here if Raj is indeed Town.

Active lurking scum is obv.
Charter wrote:Then he votes LMP saying that he's a better wagon than Raj (which is true) but doesn't say why at all.
Why is LMP a better lynch than Rajr? I looked through your ISO and see not a single instance where you call anything that LMP has done scummy. Your limited interactions consist of asking LMP if his vote on me was real or not.
Rajr wrote:im uncle leo. VT.

and my wagon reeks of scum. please tomorrow lynch one of the people on my wagon.
Questions for you Rajr –

1. In a game with a four member scum-team how many VT do you expect for Town to actually have? I’m curious because even if we hypothetically make the scum 4 Goons the numbers alone make it pretty Scum sided before roles are introduced.
2. Who is scum on your wagon?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

/unprodded

I want raj to answer Magna's question about how many scum are on his wagon. After that, I'm not seeing how much useful information we can claim to have with a live raj. Sorry, raj, but someone has to get lynched day one, and odds are it's going to be a town player. We'll learn a lot from raj's lynch and we can go from there. At this point I think that any wagon we can build will be just as, if not more, based on conjecture and posturing as the raj wagon is. We may as well lynch him and get it over with so we can move on.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh, and for the record I'm not saying that we should lynch a townsperson on purpose. I don't believe raj's claim. I'm just apologizing to him if I'm wrong.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

this is my order of scumminess of the people on my list. but i think tally should be an vig tonight, she is way too dangerous and is saying all the right things to make me look bad. i have a feeling none of you townspeople have the balls to put a case against her.
untripod is right you can gain alot of info from a lynch of a townsperson. but we should really try to lynch scum. and that little nugget is a good backtrack to justify my lynch.

MagnaofIllusion
Kmd4390
Talitha
Untrod Tripod
Haschel Cedricson
bv310

im guessing there is three scum on my lynch, but at least 2.
my reasoning is: mafia wants to control the day and when twilight happens. so right there mafia doesn't want a quick lynch so they can make a kill, i assume this is an end of the day action. now im assuming that means at least one person is not on the lynch right now for that reason and then the assumption that the mafia wouldn't be so stupid to all be on a townie lynch. especially people that have played with me before. (yes you can make the excuses that have kmd has made before. but how many times will you let someone get by with that? and when i do turn town i would think that tally MoI and kmd will have a lot more heat on them for blatantly ignoring it. good mafia players, like good poker players, know how to read each other, if your a townie know their tells. if your scum then know their habits and try to catch them on it like whats happening now. i dont recall playing with tally other than MOSfaire, but im sure my reputation precedes me with the older people.)

a little off subject. but thats why i think there is 3. even though i want to OMGUS and say all 6 people on my wagon are scum. now to objectively figure out how many scum is on my wagon? well both wagons have stalled out so i think atleast half of the scum is on my wagon because they had to get the momentum.

now how many VT is there? im guessing 2-3. i guess there will be less if there was a third party but i don't know with the rules if there could be a third party.
i think we need to watch out for the, "well lynching a VT is better than outing a power role". i know thats where untrod is heading.
how do you balance a 4 scum group? give multiple power roles or make power roles more powerful. so im thinking there might be a jack of all trades and/or have masons, but masons at not always confirmable. so i would treat masons as VT or claimed millers.

just watch everyone on my lynch picking every part of this post to justify lynching a townsperson.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by bv310 »

/prodded. Sorry for the worse-than-normal lurking. Going back to university on tuesday, so I should be back to normal activity then.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:20 am

Post by LimMePls »

I'm back in town, I will be catching up on this and all my other games ASAP. Thanks for the consideration while I traveled home for the holidays!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:20 am

Post by LimMePls »

Unvote
Vote: charter

Pretty sure this is the right play.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

LMP, explain please.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:53 am

Post by LimMePls »

Charter's play makes me think he is scum. In particular:
charter wrote:Wow, Fonz boils the magna wagon down to "magna didn't claim when at L-1" which I'm fairly certain is not a reason anyone is voting him, and ignores all the other reasons people are voting him. Then he completely ignores the extreme scummatude of BV. Then he votes LMP saying that he's a better wagon than Raj (which is true) but doesn't say why at all.

this post.

V/LA on weekends
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah, you see the thing to me is, charter's undoubtedly scummy, but he's scummy in pretty much exactly the same ways you are, only not quite as much. So for you to turn on him feels... off.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 am

Post by LimMePls »

Well, I have the unique perspective of knowing I'm not scum. So yeah...

V/LA on weekends
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Well, to put it another way... that post you flagged up as scummy, he defended the Magna wagon and said I was strawmanning it by calling it built on utter shit. Don't get me wrong,
I
think it's utter shit, but if you agree with me, then WHY. THE. FUCK. were you on it in the first place? If you believe the wagon was decent, then what was it that was scummy about Charter's post?

Actually, same question to Charter. You said LMP was a better wagon than Raj. Why? His play has been very similar to yours.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

This game is going to die. My accusers are just waiting for you all to hammer me. Everyone else is just playing with themselves and not looking at anyone on my lynch.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Let's see. When do I have time to post content.. I'm gonna try for a late night as soon as possible. Sorry for recent inactivity. Working mad hours for holidays, girlfriend is around now, started a pool league, and been sick.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by Talitha »

A few random observations...

- Something feels weird with the charter-MOI interactions
- I like the new-improved peanutman
- I miss Katsuki
- My head says lynching claimed townie Raj is the correct play. I'm wondering what the (thus far) lack of hammer says about his alignment. Don't know.
- I am tempted to sheep onto the Fonz's vote of LMP. Gut feeling that he is scum.
- charter:
you say LMP is a better vote than Raj... why?
..same Q as The Fonz asked.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:50 am

Post by LimMePls »

The Fonz wrote:Well, to put it another way... that post you flagged up as scummy, he defended the Magna wagon and said I was strawmanning it by calling it built on utter shit. Don't get me wrong,
I
think it's utter shit, but if you agree with me, then WHY. THE. FUCK. were you on it in the first place? If you believe the wagon was decent, then what was it that was scummy about Charter's post?

Actually, same question to Charter. You said LMP was a better wagon than Raj. Why? His play has been very similar to yours.
His statement about my wagon vs raj is what bothers me. As far as I can recall, I don't remember charter ever saying anything about me being scummy, or being a better wagon than raj, so the statement seemed strange to me. The "IGEMEOY" "threat" at the end just made it more scummy looking to me.

I feel pretty sure that one of the player's on UT's list at the beginning of the game is scum with UT. Call it gut, but I just get that feeling. I was pretty sure it was MOI. charter is making me think it might be him.

I'm down with lynching UT too.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”