big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 6:49 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Final Day 4 Vote Count

4 Lt. Origen – (Dirge, Commify, PeaceBringer, inHimshallibe)

Not voting (2):

davidangelsummers, Lt. Origen

With 6 alive, it’s 4 to imprison

Day 4:
The short day opens with two down and one up. Andy Taylor is back in action. He says, “Hey, according to scene, Lt. Origen is scum!!!!” The rest of the town at a loss of what do to follows the commands. An expectedly disappointed Lt. Origen trudges to the cell.

Lt. Origen, Clara Belle Morrison - mafia goon, has been imprisoned. It is now night 5. Choices are due Friday 21st 6:00pm (EST).

Sigh, sorry to Lt. Origen. I shouldn’t have written the scene like that. It didn't implicate you at the time. But with Dirge coming back, it wasn’t fair to you. Sorry for the mod error everyone.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 4:20 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Deadline extended to 8:00pm est today since I won't be here to open it at said time and I might as well give you the extra time.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 3:44 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Night 5:
Crickets chirp quickly, nervous of what might transpire in the darkness. The grey clouds shielded the stars and moon from penetrating. Tears and joys would occur at the end of this night as many reflective folk from Mayberry cry and rejoice.

Dirge had been sold a shotgun with one bullet last night. “I’m not into shooting people. After all, I’m a sheriff without a gun. But times come when arms are necessary.” Andy, picking up his shotgun, headed out the door. He hadn’t had any good meals that day with the hospitalization of Aunt Bea. His stomach growled as he got into the squad car.

inHimshallibe, Otis Campbell, staggered out of his house. Since night 2, he had tasted the joys of booze. “Moon-shine is the best,” he blurted with a hick-up. He used to listen to people at night as to their intentions, but he couldn’t make sense of anything while drunk. Taking a whiskey bottle, he took another snort. He was on a mission tonight though. He traveled toward main street.

PeaceBringer, Alan Melvin, knew what he had to do. He grabbed his brass knuckles. “I’ll let that sheriff have it once and for all,” he said. He walked swiftly towards the courthouse, where he was sure Dirge was working late…

Dirge was in the courthouse, planning how he was to get close to his target of inHimshallibe. As he was dead in thought, the door slammed open. inHimshallibe stood there as drunk as a skunk. Otis muttered something, waving a whiskey bottle in the air. Andy (Dirge), shocked at how his target stumbled upon him, grabbed his shotgun without taking his eyes of Otis. Otis was off in Neverland when Andy pointed his shotgun at him. Suddenly, PeaceBringer stormed into the courthouse. Otis was awakened for his hallucination. Andy was so intent on inHimshallibe that he didn’t hear Alan enter the courthouse. As PeaceBringer neared Dirge, inHimshallibe slurred, “Hey don’t hurt my friend.” Dirge turned but it was too late. PeaceBringer stung him right in the forehead. But as he did, Dirge pulled the trigger in reaction. A bullet lodged the chest of inHimshallibe. Outraged and drunk, inHimshallibe in a last grasp, cracked the head of PeaceBringer with his whiskey bottle…
Commify and davidangelsummers meet at the town square. They are joined by no one else. Curious at the disappearances, they venture into the courthouse, where they find Dirge, PeaceBringer and inHimshallibe dead. “Oh, oh, oh,” says davidangelsummers, almost speechless. Commify slips out of his coat a whiskey bottle. Floyd looks back at Commify. His eyes widen as he sees the bottle. That is his last memory.

Dirge, Andy Taylor – Doctor/Cop, has been beaten-up
PeaceBringer, Alan Melvin – Serial Killer, has his head cracked
inHimshallibe, Otis Campbell – Mafia spy, has been shot

davidangelsummers, Floyd Lawsen – Townie, has been killed in endgame.

Mafia (Commify, Lt. Origen, and inHimshallibe) win!!!!!! Whiskey forever flows in Mayberry!!!!!! Congratulations to the mafia.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 3:51 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Roles:

Mafia framer – Moon-shiner Jannifer Morrison

help im a bug/Commify: You are the mafia of moon-shiners with “Lt. Origen” (Clara Belle Morrison). You two are tried of the town being so up tight about happy hour. So, you guys send a member of the town away on a railroad car never to be seen in Mayberry again. You have a mafia spy, whom you can activate any night you want, but you won’t be able to kill that night. Your spy knows who the two of you are and has a night ability, which will be nullified when activated. You can place a bottle of whiskey in a player’s house to incriminate them for the rest of the game. You have three bottles to use. You can communicate with your mafia buddy only at night.
You win when whiskey flows in Mayberry. Please confirm by pm.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to pm me,
Bk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2
Mafia goon – Moon-shiner Clara Belle Morrison

Lt. Origen: You are the mafia of moon-shiners with “help im a bug” (Jannifer Morrison). You two are tried of the town being so up tight about happy hour. So, you guys send a member of the town away on a railroad car never to be seen in Mayberry again. You have a mafia spy, whom you can activate any night you want, but you won’t be able to kill that night. Your spy knows who the two of you are and has a night ability, which will be nullified when activated. You can communicate with your mafia buddy only at night.

Bk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3
Mafia Spy – Otis Campbell

inHimshallibe :You are Otis, the lovable town drunk of Mayberry. As much as you love Mayberry, you love your whiskey more. Andy and Barney can never get you to snitch on where you get your gin. You get your drink from “help im a bug” and “Lt. Origen”, who are the moonshining mafia. They don’t know who are you, but know of you. You cannot talk at night to them. While you’re out on your own, each night, you can eavesdrop outside a player’s house to hear what’s said.

Bk
[mod note: he hears phrases that a player’s character might say. Like Andy’s common, “You beat everything. You know that”. When activated, he loses investigative ability]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4
Serial Killer - Alan Melvin

PeaceBringer: You are the serial killer. The state police have brought you to Mayberry, but you broke out and decide to beat up everyone in the town, one person at a time. In addition to killing each night, I am giving you the choice of being immune to your first night kill attempt on your life or first lynch attempt on your life. You must specify which one you want with your night 1 killing choice, whom you beat up with bass knuckles.
You win when you’re the last one standing. Please confirm by pm.

Bk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5
Freelancer – Ernest T Bass

MeMe/Foolster41: You are Ernst T Bass (pronounced like the fish, not like the singing part). You are neither on the town side nor the mafia side. You are your own person. You hide in the hills, throwing rocks at people and saying, “You haven’t heard the last; of Ernst T Bass.” Your win condition is different than most players’. You are a freelancer. To win, you must be killed by scum (you don’t die the first time) and then lynched by the town after the kill. If you are killed twice or are lynched before being killed, you lose. If you aren’t killed then lynched, you lose. To aid you in scum killing you, you can throw a rock through a player’s window with a note. You can write what the note is to say; you will pm it with your choice of whose window to break. Your choice just knows their window was broken, but not who did it. Be creative in your note writing. You will be notified if the scum have killed you. Please confirm by pm.

Bk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6
Doctor/Cop – Andy Taylor

Dirge: You are Sheriff Andy Taylor. You are the sensible one, always keeping Mayberry from entering complete hysteria. All of Mayberry comes to you with their problems as you deal with strong southern practicalism. You are the perfect small town sheriff. Each night you can chose to protect someone
or
to investigative someone. You can only choose one per night. When you protect someone, the scum will see (if they try to kill that person) that you are there and will run away in fear. The scum are not told that you protected their kill option. When you investigative a player, you will learn that player’s character name. Also, once during the game, you can choose to travel to Mt. Pilot, where no one can reach you, including the mafia.
You win with the town of Mayberry. Please confirm by pm.

Bk
[mod note: moon-shiners, sk, Ernest T will appear guilty. Otis appears innocent except on nights after recruitment, like if recruited N2, will appear inn N2 & guil N3.]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7
Role blocker – Aunt Bee

halfpint: You are Aunt Bee. Your cooking is so good. Yummy. You are known throughout Mayberry for your wonderful apple pies, pudding, and everything that touches your hands. Each night, you can choice to give a player one of your pies: apple, blueberry, cherry, and lemon meringue. Some of the pies do one thing and the others another thing.

Bk
[mod note: key for pies: apple, just blocks them at night; pecan, blocks them and must post (4/3)*N times the next day to keep ability for the next night; blueberry, just blocks them; cherry, just blocks them; lemon meringue, blocks them and must post 1*N times the next day to keep their ability for the next night, by working off those calories. N = number of active players. All required posts must be greater than 40 words.]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>8
Sleuth – Barney Fife

Quailman: You are Barry Fife. You are a very good cop, technically a deputy from the town of Mayberry. You help old ladies cross the street. You can’t get more helpful than that in Mayberry. You are ready to face crime and “nip it in the bud!” Each night, you can enter a player’s house to see anything suspicious.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask,
Bk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>9
Super-Saint/Tag-a-long – Gomer Pyle

PopsicleStix/jediknight: You are Gomer Pyle, shaaazzaamm. Everyone loves you as you work at the filling station. You are a little dopey and a little show, but everyone loves you. If you are lynched, the person who placed the final vote on you is immediately lynched because you are the super-saint. Also, you are a tag-a-long (aka searching mason) and like following people, but seem to have lost your buddy. You don’t like being by yourself, so you want to find your buddy to tag along wherever s/he goes. Each night, you can choose a player to see if s/he’s your buddy.

Bk
[mod note: becomes mason w/ Barney when he’s found. The “final” vote is the lynching vote placed on which he’s lynched.]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>10
1-Shot Doctor – Thelma Lou

Elnar: You are Thelma Lou, Barney’s squeeze. You give Barney confidence. He thinks he’s all that; you and Andy help him keep his pride high. You and Barney have been going out for a while. With all this bad stuff occurring in Mayberry, at one time during the game, you can choose to protect someone. That player will be immune to a night kill. Please confirm by pm.
You win with the town of Mayberry.

Bk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>11
Townie – Floyd Lawsen

Yoko Kurama/davidangelsummers: You are the Floyd. You own the barbershop in Mayberry, close to the courthouse. Many of the men in the town hang out in your barbershop. Your shop is a mill of gossip. Whose going with whom, are they tying the knot, etc… are all discussed in your shop. Each night, you can ask me the mod to jog your memory of some gossip you heard about a player.

Bk
[mod note: is told random obscure stuff about character from episodes.]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>12
Inventor – Ben Weaver

Internet Stranger: You are Ben Weaver, the mean department store owner. You’re Mayberry’s version of Scrooge. You sure know how to pinch pennies. In time of Mayberry’s dire need, you are willing to part with your penny-pinching ways to ensure the survival of Mayberry. You can sell an item to a player in the game. Be careful to whom you sell your goods. Also, some items need each other to be effective. Please confirm by pm.
Your inventory (one of each):
>Shotgun with one bullet
>Pack of gum
>Medical bag
>Encyclopedia
>Scissors
>Toy truck
>Pecan pie mix
>Whiskey bottle
You win with the town of Mayberry.

Bk
[mod note: pack of gum, scissors, and toy truck do nothing. Medical bag + encyclopedia = new doc. If aunt bee gets pecan pie mix, she can bake new pie. It doesn’t work for anyone else. Whiskey bottle incriminates player.]
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 4:18 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Well, I don't have much time. I have the choices and such in excel. I'll copy and paste, but won't have time to pretty them up.

Night Choices - results

Roles Role Name Player Confimed N1 Choice N1 result D1 N2 Choice N2 result D2 N3 Choice N3 result Day 3 N4 Choice N4 result Day 4 N5 Choice N5 result Day 5
Mafia framer Jannifer Morrison Commify/help im a bug y no choice IS frames IS frames halfpint frames Quail frames david kills david in endgame
Mafia goon Clara Belle Morrison Lt. Origen y PeaceBringer not die, but night immunity used up activate spy activates inHim kill Dirge kill IS lynched
Mafia Spy Otis Campbell inHimshallibe y spy on IS "I want those shipments delivered now!" spy on Elnar joins mafia n/a kills PeaceBringer dies
Serial Killer Alan Melvin PeaceBringer y, immune to 1 night kill kill jediknight immunity used up kill IS kill fails kill halfpint quailman kill Dirge dies
Freelancer Ernest T Bass Foolster41/MeMe y no choice na-duh lynched
Doctor/Cop Andy Taylor Dirge y investigate Yoko gets name of Floyd Lawsen protect IS invesigates Lt. Origen dies revived Mt. Pilot gains shotgun shots inHim dies
Role blocker Aunt Bee halfpint y apple pie to Yoko blocks Yoko apple pie to Elnar blocks dies
Sleuth Barney Fife Quailman y Dirge nothing suspicious in his house davidangelsummers Commify peacebringer dies sees brass knucles
Super-Saint/Tag-a-long Gomer Pyle jediknight y MeMe/Foolster41 dies
1-Shot Doctor Thelma Lou Elnar y no choice no choice lynched
Townie Floyd Lawsen davidangelsummers/Yoko Kurama y listen ab Dirge blocked listen ab IS listen ab Quailman Commify hear ab PeaceBringer dies in endgame
Inventor Ben Weaver Internet Stranger y toy truck to Quail gum to halfpint looks guilty pecan pie mix to halfpint shotgun to Dirge dies
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Post game comments are welcome. Thoughts?
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2005 6:11 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

Well, that'll teach me not to believe someone's roleclaim just because I know they're not mafia.

We spent the whole game trying to find the doc after our night 1 kill on PB failed. Seems it worked out for the best in the end. Thanks, PB!

Maybe we could have just voted in a bloc instead of lynching me, since the town couldn't get an actual majority unless we contributed. But since we thought there was a doc left, there was a chance that our nightkill would fail, and the vig/SK would almost certainly go for one of us. And I figured that fessing up would protect my teammates from being tempted to do anything suspicious. I'd been expecting a lynch ever since Foolster's death, anyway.
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 3:14 am

Post by commify »

Thanks for taking one for the team, Lt. ORigen
Vote early and vote often.
-Al Capone
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 3:55 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

What did you guys think of the freelancer and super saint roles? They can be found at the Princeton site. The game only had one doc and a 1-shot for protection. Though, with the sk's night kill immunity and the spy activation, those would stop killings. One of those did Elnar in. IS was protected by Dirge night 2 when PB tried to kill him and the mafia activated inHim. Do you guys think I should have revealed roles before someone was brought back? What did you guys think of that mechanic?
I hope you all had fun.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 6:26 pm

Post by Dirge »

big_kahunia wrote:IS was protected by Dirge night 2 when PB tried to kill him and the mafia activated inHim. Do you guys think I should have revealed roles before someone was brought back? What did you guys think of that mechanic?
I hope you all had fun.
Thanks for the game, I had fun. It's just frustrating for me to have played my night choices well and still loose so quickly. Question: How is it that the mafia spy was able to kill peacebringer?

Writing games is challenging, sometimes it isn't 'til the end that you get a complete picture of what you've created. The reviving mechanic fit nicely with the the people going to jail or the hospital theme. I do think that revealing the roles would have balanced the game better and there seemed no purpose to it, with all the power roles we needed more information.
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 6:37 pm

Post by Dirge »

I hope you can take the critiques because you did ask for our opinions.

As far as the "super saint" role it's neat and I wouldn't want to get the "freelancer" role myself it's just too different. In a game this size, with so many power roles those two got lost.
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 6:40 pm

Post by jediknight »

I'd have loved to try my super saint role on for size but peacebringer must have feared me...
And I'm spent...
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Dirge - no problem. I love feedback, whether postive or negative. If I can't take the critiques, I shouldn't be asking. I do see your points and they are good. I still it would have served the town better had the roles been revealed upon death.
I thought it extremely interesting when RNG gave MeMe the freelancer role. But it was not to be. I was hoping to see the super saint in action, but like most new roles (at least on mafiascum), they get taken out night 1.
Oh, when the mafia spy was activated (night after), he could kill or do nothing. He couldn't investigate after the night of activation. So, he became a regular mafia member. It was an added twist.

The choices will be prettied up soon.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 9:58 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Good game all, interesting setup. My role I thought in perticular was interesting, I'd like to see it again.

I want to know, IS why were you so sure I was scum when all I did was randomly voted someone who already had 1 vote? I guess I should have left out the part abou being suspicious from Andy, though I was trying to match the qurikyness of it looked like the roles had.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:46 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza