shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:38 am

Post by shadyforce »

I was thinking it's too soon anyway. Still 4 townies and 2 mafia left. I also think I know wht killed discer,it's not that hard to figure out, but in reality it provides no help whatsoever, cos it could be mafia/SK/vig, random trainer. I just don't know.

Also, it just dawned on me that inj this game there are only Trainers and Rockets. There is no such thing as a doc/cop, just whatever pokémon you have.

So if we get a mass role-call, we will have 6 Trainer claims, ~2 of them will be lies but with no way of telling them apart. So unless we start getting people to reveal what pokémon we have, we won't be revealing any cops/docs anyway, and even revealing pokémon won't help as it has been established that anybody can have any pokémon. All we can hope for is that someone who has a pokémon with investigative abilities comes out.

For now, I'm going to vote for the person I think appears scummiest, mainly because he started the game posting very little, until put under some pressure, then posting a lot with little content which is indicative of mafia.

Also, as I pointed out earlier, steering clear of the PBuG bandwagon to avaoid any possible connections, but casting the lynching vote on PBuG (with lots of fake enthusiasm imo) when PBuG was beyond all help.

In fact the more I think about it, it is very likely that he is scum.

Vote: Someone
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:45 am

Post by Someone »

I have shellder and meouth, which is why, day one, I was rather afraid, because I would have had nothing to confirm myself with if I was randomly bandwaggoned. But last night, I got Ditto. He can transform into the another pokemon. If i use it, I have to submit the name of the pokemon, and the person i want to use it on.

Last night, I did not get a choice in because the mod got impatient.

Nextly, mass role-claims would not help, because we know the rockets have pokemon too, right? So, that means that when they claim, there will be no way of knowing any more then we do now.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:55 am

Post by massive »

We are going to have everyone claim Pokemon trainer, and I get the feeling that all the remaining pro-town people ARE Pokemon trainers. I'm just worried that we have more anti-town people than we think.

I mean, with three kills, we HAVE to assume there are three killers left.

We COULD go throw and each reveal our initial Pokemon, but I'm not even sure THAT will provide any helpful information, since a Rocket doesn't necessarily need to lie about what Pokemon they have (just about what ability it has, probably). I mean, I wouldn't have thought of Grimer as a Rocket Pokemon despite that being what PBuG started with.

(ewp: Someone has a Meowth. My best idea, at this point, is to have him reveal his Meowth choices.)
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:06 am

Post by Someone »

I don't have any. I started with shellder, and got meouth last night, but didn't get a choice in. It doesn't really make me mafia either, because mafia could easily make up a choice in this game.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:10 am

Post by mathcam »

There's no way we have to assume there are three killers left. It's possible some killing gropu got two kills, and there's a good shot people just misused their Pokemon.

Someone...you couldn't get a choice in on time? Night was like two weeks long!!!!!!

How about sharing what killed discer? I have no idea, and I can't see any detriment in making it public. Whoever's doing it already knows, and I don't.

Cam
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:45 am

Post by Someone »

It was confusing....I requested something...and waited for him to get back to me. But then he never did, until right before day dawned, and it was too late.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:24 am

Post by massive »

Well, upon re-reading the thread, I thought I had figured out at least part of something Someone was hinting at. He had said he had a "strange situation" on day one, and then voted Stewie. Seeing later that he had a Meowth, I assumed that he had sent Meowth out to check Stewie but Meowth hadn't come back, which was why he said what he said and voted for Stewie.

So coming back and finding out he has no Meowth results from last night, or at all, leads me again to wonder what the heck he was referring to on day one. I think it's on page three. Maybe you can shed some light, Someone? I'm definitely leaning towards voting for you. I know I was able to put my Pokemon use choices AND my capturing choice into one PM, and Meowth's ability seems really straightforward.

I have some ideas, but after that first bit, I think I'll see what Someone has to say in his defense.

As to what killed discer, I don't guess it'll hurt to say. Whoever has the Pokemon will probably just claim some other Pokemon anyways. There's a Ghost Pokemon evolution chain, Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar, that's probably responsible.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:10 am

Post by Stewie »

When I proposed mass roleclaim, i meant as in first pokemon only. And i would indeed think of grimer as a rocket pokemon, since that's one of the most often used by them in the games.

Now it seems like someone is kinda tripping:
But last night, I got Ditto.
I started with shellder, and got meouth last night
care to explain/role claim (as in what abilities shelter has)?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:22 am

Post by mathcam »

I'm not sure what you're implying, Stewie. What's wrong with the facts as Someone's presented them?

Fletcher, you still playing?

Cam
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:43 am

Post by Stewie »

First, he says last night he got ditto. In the next post, he says last night he got meouth.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:46 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh, I think he was referring to getting Meowth night 2, which was "last night" at the time he was referring to in that post. But I see your point.

Cam
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:35 pm

Post by Someone »

Ok....to get everything down on paper-

Started with shelder
N1- Got meouth, used shelder
N2- Got ditto, missed choice.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:13 pm

Post by mathcam »

And I meant night 1, not night 2.

Cam
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:46 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Yeah, I'm still playing. I think that Someone has made some trip-ups in his latest posts. They may be because he doesn't know what to claim since he's Rocket, or maybe they're just typos. I can't tell.

FoS: Someone
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:22 am

Post by mathcam »

No offense, Fletcher, but
I
think you're not following the thread, and have latched on to an incredibly weak argument that you saw upon skimming the thread to cover yourself.

I'm not defending him. From my point of view, the chance he's evil is at least %40, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were evil, but I just don't think this particular argument holds any water.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:49 am

Post by massive »

vote Someone

I'm just not buying it. I had an idea about what I thought Shellder might do, and it would make it likely that Someone would want to use Shellder instead of Meowth. Now seeing that he made NO night choice, with EITHER Pokemon, just makes me think that he's bluffing.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:51 am

Post by mathcam »

Hey
mole
, could you maybe commandeer the third post for posting a list of all revealed Pokemon's abilities?

Cam
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:05 am

Post by Someone »

I still don't get how my claim makes me a rocket. Don't rockets get the same training abilities as us? So if so, why would they need to lie about using them? Just think for a minute. If I was mafia, why would I lie?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:11 am

Post by shadyforce »

It's not just the lying, it's the voting patterns and posting patterns as well. there is just S-C-U-M written all over you.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:20 am

Post by mathcam »

I gotta say I'm a lot more wary of the people trying to get in a quick lynch that on Someone himself. Anyone who
was
pro-town would be worried that if they put two votes on someone, the mafia could finish off the other two instantaneously.

Cam
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:41 am

Post by Fletcher »

mathcam wrote: but I just don't think this particular argument holds any water.
The reason I didn't vote Someone was because I didn't think my argument was that strong either. I'm not so sure, he sounds innocent but there is just that sneeking suspicion.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:00 pm

Post by massive »

My reason for voting for Someone are because he hasn't acted in the interest of the town. He picked up Meowth on night one and we all KNOW what Meowth's ability is: to find Rockets. Why wouldn't you use him on night two? Someone is, right now, the only revealed inspector, but he has NO results because ... he forgot? Time ran out? It just doesn't work for me.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:58 am

Post by shadyforce »

Where'd my reply to mathcam go???

Anyway, as you pointed out yourself, cam, we are going to find it tough to get information from any way other than lynching, since people are just going to claim townies. So unless someone comes out with good info, I say we just lynch Someone who is the most suspicious person so far imho.

And the whole quick lynch thing is just nonsense. Why would mafia expose, or make suspicious 2 of their own for the sake of lynching someone (with a small 's') unless it was endgame, and it's not endgame here.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:35 am

Post by mathcam »

Let me get this clear right now: IT. IS. ENDGAME. RIGHT. NOW.

If we lynch wrong today, then the mafia kills one overnight, and we wake up with 4 people left, two of which are mafia, which is an automatic win for them. Not only this, but we've seen a demonstration that there is a remarkable amount of killing power left.

It's quite possible that this involves a vigilante role gone astray last night, but the paragraph above should illustrate that even if there's only going to be one kill tonight, we're screwed if we lynch wrong today, and there's quite possibly going to be
more
than one.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:05 am

Post by shadyforce »

Are you suggesting no-lynch?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”