NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Niempie wrote:As well as an information role can claim that they have information, also can scum claim that they have information, and let the town believe that they are pro-town because they have an information role.

I am not saying that you should share your information, but a player that claims to have an information role without sharing the information role, is not cleared in my book. It still can be scum.
QFT

I'll stick with the revival of Yos .. I think that we need to get the revival out of the way no matter what the discussion was PRE-game. I'm not a big fan of reading something that I don't feel obligated to or as part of the game itself which would be my reasoning as to why I didn't read the PRE-game discussion.

You can say it's part of the WHOLE game all that you want, but to me it's just a bunch of people hoarsing around and making metagame decisions that aren't needed until the game actually starts. I wasn't apart of that discussion, but I am now and I think that we should do the revival, IMO.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Niempie wrote:As well as an information role can claim that they have information, also can scum claim that they have information, and let the town believe that they are pro-town because they have an information role.

I am not saying that you should share your information, but a player that claims to have an information role without sharing the information role, is not cleared in my book. It still can be scum.
QFT

I'll stick with the revival of Yos .. I think that we need to get the revival out of the way no matter what the discussion was PRE-game. I'm not a big fan of reading something that I don't feel obligated to or as part of the game itself which would be my reasoning as to why I didn't read the PRE-game discussion.

You can say it's part of the WHOLE game all that you want, but to me it's just a bunch of people hoarsing around and making metagame decisions that aren't needed until the game actually starts. I wasn't apart of that discussion, but I am now and I think that we should do the revival, IMO.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by Nightson »

FoS: nanook

Fos: IH

FoS: Niempe
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by Nightson »

EDBWOP:
FoS: Albert
as well
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by Mgm »

False alarm, I have access after all.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:32 am

Post by RafK »

the silent speaker wrote:Okay, I assumed RafK was claiming a cop investigation or some such, but that would hardly become useless on a revival. This makes no sense whatsoever. I can think of no information RafK could already have that could become useless later.
Well, useless is a bit strong. But we would have wasted our revival, and it's not like I could speak up afterwards and said "hey, that was a dumb thing you just did". This idea that IH and co. are pushing that I should have kept quiet and let the town screw up is ludicrous. Even worse are the people saying we should go ahead and revive Yos anyway- dudes. You can revive someone else tomorrow. I am telling you flat out. This is a terrible revive. Feel free to lynch me later in the game when the roles of the dead are revealed if it turns out I'm lying.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 am

Post by RafK »

This is horrible reasoning for voting to revive Yos, though.

Anyone voting to revive Yos is saying they believe I'm more likely to be scum than town. I'm not asking you to believe I'm cleared. I'm not saying "lynch this person". I'm saying "save the revive for tomorrow". I'm sticking my neck out and doing something accountable- if I'm wrong, I can get punished for it.

You're pretty much saying "we have to revive Yos because we're not 100% sure you're town", and that's just false. You don't even gain any information from reviving Yos at this point- there isn't even any other dead people, so there's not even a good argument for it at this point. We would only gain information starting from tomorrow (and that's only if we do start getting roles revealed as soon as we use the group revive, which is not certain).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm with RafK 100% on this one. It's not like we can't revive tonight's NK if need be. If we revive someone else, and then Yos comes up town, then we can lynch RafK.

Suspicious of those pushing for a quick revive, think at least one might be Yos' scumbuddy, have to do a re-read to see who's sincere but wrong, and who's scummy.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

VanDamien wrote:This:
VanDamien wrote:And adds to my fairly out there suspicion above.
Did not refer to any previous suspicion if Nanook, but to my suspicion here:
VanDamien wrote:the possibility scum killed one of there own, knowing the role wouldn't be revealed, and are now trying to pull a gambit to get us to use our only revive on one of them.
Which had already been mentioned before day-start, but not since the recent push for insta-revival.

@Phoebus: Explain how it could possibly be a good thing to not read the thread, the whole damn thread.
So you think Nanook killed his scum partner Yos without us knowing Yos is in the mafia.

^^Does this look like a scum slip up to anybody else, or am I reading too much?

My vote stays.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

inHim is reading too much. I'm not reading enough. Gar.
Permanent V/LA.
Pinky
Pinky
Goon
Pinky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Pinky »

Well, as far as I'm concerned we can't ignore RafK. He is claiming to have information and although it is possible he is lying it still needs to be taken into consideration.

I think at this stage of the game we shouldn't revive Yos. Although he is a good player and if town would be very useful for us I think given what RafK has said we should leave the revive at least until tomorrow.

As far as the people on the "revive Yos wagon" goes, I don't think it is necessarily incriminating. People have different points of view. The thing that is incriminating is the fact that some people are not taking into consideration what RafK has to say. I'm not saying you have to believe he is telling the thruth, I'm just saying you have to loook into it.

So at the moment I do not want to revive Yos.
"A genius is a talented person who does his homework" - Thomas Edison
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

Pinky wrote: it is necessarily incriminating. People have different points of view. The thing that is incriminating is the fact that some people are not taking into consideration what RafK has to say. I'm not saying you have to believe he is telling the thruth, I'm just saying you have to loook into it.
Usually, when you find a head of steam building up behind a bad idea, there are a few people who for whatever reason genuinely think it'll be of benefit to the town, and one or two scum who are on it because it will actually benefit them.

With that in mind,
Vote: Nanook
. Niempie looks fairly genuine, Albert doesn't look any scummier than he normally does, Nanook looks like he's just kind of agreeing with everything Niempie says thus far.

Unvote, Vote Nanook
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

RafK, now that the mafia knows you have this kind of information, what if they kill you and you can't reveal to us that information ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:01 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

He's already revealed the information we need to know, to not revive Yos. That's good enough for me.
Permanent V/LA.
Niempie
Niempie
Goon
Niempie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Niempie »

RafK wrote:

This is horrible reasoning for voting to revive Yos, though.

Anyone voting to revive Yos is saying they believe I'm more likely to be scum than town. I'm not asking you to believe I'm cleared. I'm not saying "lynch this person". I'm saying "save the revive for tomorrow". I'm sticking my neck out and doing something accountable- if I'm wrong, I can get punished for it.

You're pretty much saying "we have to revive Yos because we're not 100% sure you're town", and that's just false. You don't even gain any information from reviving Yos at this point- there isn't even any other dead people, so there's not even a good argument for it at this point. We would only gain information starting from tomorrow (and that's only if we do start getting roles revealed as soon as we use the group revive, which is not certain).
I am not saying that we should revive Yos. I am not even voting to revive Yos. I think that we should wait at least until day two before we decide who we should revive or not.
[size=75]No one is listening until you make a mistake[/size]

V/LA from July, 19th until August, 3rd
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:24 am

RafK wrote: You're pretty much saying "we have to revive Yos because we're not 100% sure you're town", and that's just false.
You don't even gain any information from reviving Yos at this point- there isn't even any other dead people,
so there's not even a good argument for it at this point.
We would only gain information starting from tomorrow (and that's only if we do start getting roles revealed as soon as we use the group revive, which is not certain).
This is wrong wrong wrong. You claim that we have nothing to gain from it because we won't gain any information. WRONG! If Yosarian is a power role, he might be the one to protect our necks tonight or investigate a player. Unless that is counter-productive to your agenda ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Nightson »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
RafK wrote: You're pretty much saying "we have to revive Yos because we're not 100% sure you're town", and that's just false.
You don't even gain any information from reviving Yos at this point- there isn't even any other dead people,
so there's not even a good argument for it at this point.
We would only gain information starting from tomorrow (and that's only if we do start getting roles revealed as soon as we use the group revive, which is not certain).
This is wrong wrong wrong. You claim that we have nothing to gain from it because we won't gain any information. WRONG! If Yosarian is a power role, he might be the one to protect our necks tonight or investigate a player. Unless that is counter-productive to your agenda ?
unvote, vote: albert
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:24 am

Unvote, vote Nightson
- this is self-explanatory.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Unvote

and

Unvote Revival

... I guess.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by IH »

Rafk wrote:Obvious false dichotomy. You don't even both to explain how it was "too much" or how it would make sense for me to be "scum discouraging the town", because both are ridiculous.
I won't explain how it was too much for obvious reasons.

If you are scum, you increase the town's mislynches by hiding players alignments with 'info'. So, lynches and making connections are essentially useless, and we just have day ones until

A.A power role claims
B.We revive someone
Rafk wrote:False. Misrepresentation. I voted Albert for continuing to insist on reviving Yos and completely ignoring my post, and then for fishing for more role information.

I might well come back to Albert, but you're too obviously using scum tactics to not be scum. False dischotomy and misrepresentation? Bye.

unvote, vote IH
I obviously took that into account with my post.
IH wrote:A-Hey, if we revive Yos, it's like we have a daystart with info roles with a head start, plus we can see all of the people we lynch's alignment!
B-I'm violently opposed to this. I have info on it that I'll talk about later
C-We should definitely revive Yos, those are some good reasons.
B-WHAT!?! Didn't you see that I am violently opposed! You disagree! You must be scum! Why do you want to revive so bad?
C-I've already said so, why do you not want to?
B-You're rolefishing! You asked for information
So this just looks like an OMGUS case to me.

Also, if Rafk's information becomes useless when we revive, then that only fits one thing IMO, and it would be more reliable for town to have that information about who dies widespread instead of relaying through one player.

I'll put it this way. Raf cannot be a cop. This is impossible if his information becomes useless, or else he would have stayed quiet and continued to investigate while town gets alignments.

So now there are only two more types of info Raf can have.

Things that he can't possibly know from an action as a protown member for sure that would indicate Yos needs to stay dead.

or something in his role PM.

Accuse me of fishing if you will, but after watching the town jump around lynches in lights out, treating it as a day one, knowing alignments at the time of death is
very important

@TSS:Yet how is this a factor of alignment? I don't understand how someone not reading the pregame talk indicates scum.

Nightson, why those string of FoS's.

The only way I could see it not being useful to revive Yos right now is if he wins if we revive him.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

Sorry, I'm going to srop out. If you want the reason, check Mafia 65.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by RafK »

IH: If you revive Yos, there's no-one dead to learn the alignment of. As I said, it makes no sense from an information-gathering point of view anyway.

You are continuing to try and fish for information about exactly what I know and what my ability is.

You're also making great play of that word "useless". Let me shoot you down here. I didn't mean the information would be pointless, or that it would become untrue, but it will have been a waste of potential. The town wouldn't instantly lose or anything- it will just be making the game harder for itself.
IH wrote:The only way I could see it not being useful to revive Yos right now is if he wins if we revive him.
Or, you know, if he was scum. Or a secret game rule that a revival on day 1 becomes an evil SK mummy. Or even something as simple as him being able to revive himself (as far as I know it isn't that one, though). It's very easy to see ways in which it could be bad for the town to revive Yos other than "he wins the game if we revive him".

Way to strawman.

It's very hard to pick between you and Albert here. I'm happy with a wagon on either of you at the moment, you both come across as guys who just had their cunning plan derailed and are trying desperately to keep it going.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:51 am

Post by Phoebus »

Hmm.

What I'm thinking here right now is...claiming information and then sitting on it, with an additional claim of it becoming useless if Yos is revived, is just off....
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

I don't think it's off at all.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon