catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by catboi »

seems to me like an entirely plausible thought process for town.

p-e: weirdly, most recent post from banana might be the first of his I actually like
VeeGee
VeeGee
Goon
VeeGee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by VeeGee »

Which is odd, considering I don't like it at all, besides the fact that it concerns me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by catboi »

I meant , not 198, got beaten out before I could post. 198 is totally null and actually reading anything into it is completely foolish.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VEDITH REPLACES KTTHECREEPER
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Vedith »

Hello all.

I'm off to bed but i'll catch up tomorrow.
I claim scum \o/
TheWorst
TheWorst
Goon
TheWorst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by TheWorst »

I was gonna post something else buuuuut ok catboi. calling me awful or whatever. :neutral:
In post 184, catboi wrote:
from TheWorst is AWFUL. Entirely overcautious, manages to say virtually nothing. Justification of the vote is absolutely terrible, entirely self-evident that Innocent felt he had valid reasons for making the vote regardless of anyone else's vote (and my vote sure as hell isn't "random"). Lousy, forced reasoning.

Thanks man, I worked
hard
for that post, glad you appreciated it. I felt as though Innocent's posts didn't show me much. His post and vote there seemed weak, with a little "
Gotcha!
" line saying that RVS is over when in context, it was an RVS wagon that he leapt on. That's what got me.
And if it wasn't random as you say, it certainly seemed random from my perspective (I'm sure others share it) as there was no interaction with AJ, no warning, no reasoning, just telling others to join the wagon. Was it for a reaction or something?
The rest of my post was just my thoughts/feelings on the game so far, but nothing too special. Lazy? Sure, I'll accept that. AWFUL? C'mon man, chill. :?
Show
The
New
Ex-Mod of EpicMafia!

Either prepare for TheWorst or be lynched.

Win/Loss Ratio

Starting
: 3-2
Replacement
: 1-1
Village
: 4-3
Mafia
: 0-0
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 180, Luna Fox wrote:I honestly think you 2 are town now
Unvote

(How's that for appeasing Aj?)

I hear it's factually proven if you call everyone in the thread town, you will be correct the majority of the time.
It's also factually proven that you have about an 84% chance to survive Russian roulette.

In post 191, catboi wrote:159 was fine, it doesn't strike me either way. Frankly think the "flip flop" in 180 is probably more likely to come from town. Not sure how you're not understanding 182, she's just saying banana needs to prove you're scum, not that you need to prove you're town. Which makes sense, and also is fairly nullish. Could probably defend her better but I'd need a few moments.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: TheWorst

Thought about it for a few, decided I like this better than Aj.

Think kyubey, choof are likely town. Don't really like banana's posts overall, tunnel seems overaggressive for what it is and some such as don't read as authentic to me. Would lean more towards scum there.

Must've been a real tough conversation especially with the reasoning given:

104 from TheWorst is AWFUL.
Entirely overcautious, manages to say virtually nothing
. Justification of the vote is absolutely terrible, entirely self-evident that Innocent felt he had valid reasons for making the vote regardless of anyone else's vote (and my vote sure as hell isn't "random"). Lousy, forced reasoning.

You've read Luna's iso, right?
Also, you call "RVS is over" a "valid reason" (actually, you consider that reason plural, counting is hard) to vote me. Sure, I completely enjoy this line of thought.

In post 188, choof wrote:
In post 186, BananaCucho wrote:
Accomplishes nothing.

objectively incorrect

Agreed. You both have managed to make the last few pages a waste but I imagine at least one of you sated your ego a bit.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 206, Aj The Epic wrote:I hear it's factually proven if you call everyone in the thread town, you will be correct the majority of the time.
It's also factually proven that you have about an 84% chance to survive Russian roulette.

It's also factually proven that scum tend to do IIoA more often than town.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 205, TheWorst wrote:I was gonna post something else buuuuut ok catboi. calling me awful or whatever. :neutral:
In post 184, catboi wrote:
from TheWorst is AWFUL. Entirely overcautious, manages to say virtually nothing. Justification of the vote is absolutely terrible, entirely self-evident that Innocent felt he had valid reasons for making the vote regardless of anyone else's vote (and my vote sure as hell isn't "random"). Lousy, forced reasoning.

Thanks man, I worked
hard
for that post, glad you appreciated it. I felt as though Innocent's posts didn't show me much. His post and vote there seemed weak, with a little "
Gotcha!
" line saying that RVS is over when in context, it was an RVS wagon that he leapt on. That's what got me.
And if it wasn't random as you say, it certainly seemed random from my perspective (I'm sure others share it) as there was no interaction with AJ, no warning, no reasoning, just telling others to join the wagon. Was it for a reaction or something?
The rest of my post was just my thoughts/feelings on the game so far, but nothing too special. Lazy? Sure, I'll accept that. AWFUL? C'mon man, chill. :?

I meant it as in you're scum. You're certainly not changing that impression. You made a series of "thoughts/feelings" that say virtually nothing and look far more like an attempt to appear busy than an attempt to provide insight. None of what you've said has resembled genuine scumhunting whatsoever.

In post 206, Aj The Epic wrote:You've read Luna's iso, right?
Also, you call "RVS is over" a "valid reason" (actually, you consider that reason plural, counting is hard) to vote me. Sure, I completely enjoy this line of thought.
Luna's very clearly taken stances, she just hasn't held many of them very long. Being indecisive is different from being overcautious.

Please don't pretend to be such a stooge you can't follow the implicit thoughtline in his vote. Terrible misrepresentation to claim I was calling the content of his post valid reasoning. Did you seriously read "Innocent felt he had valid reasoning" and interpret that as me, saying his (unstated) reasons were valid? Not remotely hard to see he was making a serious vote but not explaining it, unless you're trying to be deliberately obtuse.

God this is such a weasel post
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

This catboi person can be town too.
foxes are better than cats
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by catboi »

Also just realized Aj chose to pick at those details from my post and ignore my criticism of 158 from him, which is a bad look
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

The post you support. "She's a real beaut" ~Steve Irwin

In post 93, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 85, Aj The Epic wrote:No and I've not said that or implied that anywhere. As I said, I generally just wait for RVS to pass.

Newsflash, RVS is over.

vote AJ

The 'implicit thought-line'... Oh... OH? OH GOD IT'S SO IMPLIED IT'S BURNING ME. IT'S ALMOST AS IF YOU SHOULD TAKE THE VOTE AT FACE VALUE! MIGHT HE HAVE REALLY MEANT THAT RVS.... was over?

I mean, you can't even point to another post. There's 4 of them, since I counted, and none of them have any relevance here. So catboi, the real pressing question is: Are you a mind reader?

To which the answer is no and I'd like to know how you're stating with so much faith that you understand this hidden implied meaning IAI is sticking behind this deep post. It's almost as if you took his post, made an apple an orange then called it a mango to attack wicked with. IaI's post was exactly as wicked said:
He said RVS was over and voted for an RVS wagon.
Like I could put that in direct quotes for wicked and you can reference that to the post above. And so he's justifying his vote for no reason? No, says I! You simply have to use the
implict thought-line
to find the true meaning of Wicked's vote.

And really, if it is such a misrepresentation to for me to say that you say IaI's post's contain valid reasons, why did you say that exact phrase?

So this being said, what say you, catboi?

P-edit: Oh do I cry over my shortcomings, m'Lord catboi. Forgive this humble Stooge for his inability to quoth the Raven every time and squander upon thee needless hours and precious space of thine's electronic cellars for the holiest of your words which does so exist on the same scroll! This servant so humbly wished only for thine master's blessings in being short, as I am, and concise, which I do so fail to be! Shall it be twenty lashings for this failure stooge?
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

The toxicity in this game...
Please at least treat others with respect (not speficially directed at anyone, but i've seen some posts specially during the banana x choof argument)
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Random scrambled thoughts.
catboi has correctly assesed and understood my thought process and motives, and in turn, has correctly deciphered my alignment, the road used to achieve this doesn't come from scum.
Aj, is taunting catboi and i don't like it.
If people don't understand me then why aren't they asking me questions, im always happy to answer questions.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 211, Aj The Epic wrote:I mean, you can't even point to another post. There's 4 of them, since I counted, and none of them have any relevance here. So catboi, the real pressing question is: Are you a mind reader?

To which the answer is no and I'd like to know how you're stating with so much faith that you understand this hidden implied meaning IAI is sticking behind this deep post. It's almost as if you took his post, made an apple an orange then called it a mango to attack wicked with. IaI's post was exactly as wicked said: He said RVS was over and voted for an RVS wagon. Like I could put that in direct quotes for wicked and you can reference that to the post above. And so he's justifying his vote for no reason? No, says I! You simply have to use the implict thought-line to find the true meaning of Wicked's vote.

And really, if it is such a misrepresentation to for me to say that you say IaI's post's contain valid reasons, why did you say that exact phrase?

So this being said, what say you, catboi?

P-edit: Oh do I cry over my shortcomings, m'Lord catboi. Forgive this humble Stooge for his inability to quoth the Raven every time and squander upon thee needless hours and precious space of thine's electronic cellars for the holiest of your words which does so exist on the same scroll! This servant so humbly wished only for thine master's blessings in being short, as I am, and concise, which I do so fail to be! Shall it be twenty lashings for this failure stooge?

Touchy, aren't you~

His vote was clearly serious. I don't know his exact reasons, of course, but he found your posts scummy, quite possibly for the same reasons I did. That's not hard to figure out. Sometimes people don't need to justify votes right away. Trying to paint it as an "RVS wagon" is willfully ignoring the facts.

I never have claimed his reasons are valid, as I do not know them (though they may be). I said they believed their reasoning was valid. That is also very easy to see and understand. I was literally going to make the same joke about RVS being over, because I was serious. (of course, this kind of groupthink is something easily latched on to by experienced scum. I explicitly don't have a read on IaI because of this.)

So please don't freak out when I ask you this: are you just being dense, or are you scum? I've tried to be as clear as possible in explaining what I mean. I really don't think it's that hard to parse " entirely self-evident that
Innocent felt he had valid reasons
for making the vote regardless of anyone else's vote". Are you having trouble understanding this sentence? I'm not saying in there at all I think their reasons are valid. That's not the way their sentence is structured. I'm saying IaI thought he had a valid reason to vote, or in other words, that his vote was serious. Which is...exactly what he said?

I thought that would be clear the first time I explained it to you. My kneejerk reaction is to call you scum trying to attack me by misrepresenting my statement, but that's because I didn't like the way you started the game and I'm biased against you. I can't really know if you're having trouble with reading comprehension for some reason (this is not intended as an insult), so I've tried to explain it as clearly as possible. Do you understand what I am saying with regard to his vote?

Lastly, over the top sarcasm in response to me criticizing that you seem to be picking and choosing parts of my post to respond to...is also a bad look. :3
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by choof »

In post 211, Aj The Epic wrote:

if this was a disney cartoon from the 50s, I'd drop a piano on you for this post
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
TheWorst
TheWorst
Goon
TheWorst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by TheWorst »

In post 208, catboi wrote:
I meant it as in you're scum. You're certainly not changing that impression. You made a series of "thoughts/feelings" that say virtually nothing and look far more like an attempt to appear busy than an attempt to provide insight. None of what you've said has resembled genuine scumhunting whatsoever.

Nah that's not true, I'm glad you're criticizing my playstyle though; you're right, I need to focus and scumhunt more. I've been overwhelmed in the game so far, with all of these wall posts, how fast this game has been, and school; I've just been trying to catch up at this point. I'm used to slower games, gotta get used to this. I'll try and shape up tomorrow, probably will have more time since it's a Friday. HOPEFULLY.

I do find it funny that you find my lazy catch up post scummy though. :lol:
Show
The
New
Ex-Mod of EpicMafia!

Either prepare for TheWorst or be lynched.

Win/Loss Ratio

Starting
: 3-2
Replacement
: 1-1
Village
: 4-3
Mafia
: 0-0
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 169, choof wrote:
In post 166, FA_Q2 wrote:Somehow I missed moving my vote in my last post:

VOTE: choof

It is interesting that no one noted that as well.

don't give yourself too much credit, you haven't done much at all in this game so far. why do you think it's interesting that no one noted your lack of vote?

Because virtually every game I have played calling another player out like that and then not voting for them is called out.

It is odd to me that not one player noted that I still had my vote in RVS. I don't know what to make of that yet, if anything.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by catboi »

Have you maybe considered that people just don't care that much about you?

That said, I looked and your reasoning is generic and unconvincing. Slightly scummy, even. Don't get the impression of him being "only concerned with self preservation" from what he said - in fact his behavior at the time was more or less suggestive of the opposite. Also, claiming from that post he's "not bothering with scum hunting" because he didn't care about naked votes on other players is a pretty big reach.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 114, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 102, Performer wrote:Luna's miquote

I don't understand what i misquoted please explain.

My , from your
but it's ok, Luna, you're not so suspicious to me anymore...
reasonable thinking from you, concerning choof
-----

choof doesn't seem that suspicious either, for the last several pages he has been defending himself sensibly against Ban...
leaning town on catboi as well....Aj saying appeasement is like a scumtell, by itself, I don't think so....

UNVOTE: choof
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by zakk »

Skimmed for any juicy wagon swings

Bah, nothing very tantalizing

Also hi vedith!! :)
permanently retired

see here for more info
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by Vedith »

Oh, Zakk, we meet again. This should be an interesting game! :P
I claim scum \o/
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by talah »

In post 85, Aj The Epic wrote:No and I've not said that or implied that anywhere. As I said, I generally just wait for RVS to pass.

I'll try to take this at face value but I hope you can understand my problem.

You say you're not interested in RVS, but you drop an RVS vote with an RVS reason. And then engage in a little banter about Cat avatars and squiggles.
So you in fact are participating in RVS, just doing nothing to propel the game out of it.

I've been sorta-skimming along on mobile at work, so I know after this point when you're feeling pressure of a few votes, your entire attitude changes and you transform into a quite agressive poster targeting I think Luna.
So that gels with wanting to wait until RVS is over, I suppose. But it does seem rather more reactionary than insightful, at least on the surface. I'll need to read your reasoning in more detail.

But I just wonder why you'd bother dropping a vote which is completely and utterly useless, rather than simply withholding your vote until you saw a good use for it.
It seems like a good way to try to blend in and avoid attention. Or maybe distance from a buddy.

However, I realise you've posted more so will catch up.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Post by talah »

Hello Vedith btw.

I'm guessing you're town on what could be completely incorrect game meta which is that the person you replaced did not pick up their role PM.

Ergo no full scumteam to chat pre-game, ergo unfair on the scumteam.

How do you feel about that?
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by zakk »

What an oddly phrased question talah.
permanently retired

see here for more info