Mini 1749: Classic Rock Mafia: Game Over!

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:30 am

Post by MattP »

In post 195, Dwlee99 wrote:Radja your vote is absolute garbage. It's absolute hypocrisy.

How is it absolute hypocrisy? Radja is posting
SlappyKrust
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 200, MattP wrote:
In post 195, Dwlee99 wrote:Radja your vote is absolute garbage. It's absolute hypocrisy.

How is it absolute hypocrisy? Radja is posting

I think it's the wrong word. But ABR is voting mathilda for not contributing anything so radja votes abr for not contributing anything over mathilda. Idk if that made sense.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:37 am

Post by MattP »

In post 201, Dwlee99 wrote:I think it's the wrong word. But ABR is voting mathilda for not contributing anything so radja votes abr for not contributing anything over mathilda. Idk if that made sense.

Radja has already explained the discrepancy. Mathilda hasn't posted at all. ABR has posted to say he won't be posting. Radja doesn't like that ABR is active lurking whereas Mathilda is simply lurking.
SlappyKrust
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 163, iraonavp wrote:
In post 162, Radja wrote:VOTE: Albert B Rampage

Vote of the year! Simply a brilliant vote. *showers with praise*

unvote

VOTE: iraonavp

I'm still away from my computer until tomorrow when I get back to work, so this is just a quick read. I realize this is digging a few pages deep, but it stood out.

Iraon's reaction here just looks confusing. Votes without explanation (especially one RL day into the game) aren't that uncommon. Also, he's never mentioned radja before this, so it's not clear why this sarcastic, exasperated "oh not again!" reaction is warranted.

Basically, he doth protest too much. He's trying to win townie points by showing how frustrated he is by less productive players.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 202, MattP wrote:
In post 201, Dwlee99 wrote:I think it's the wrong word. But ABR is voting mathilda for not contributing anything so radja votes abr for not contributing anything over mathilda. Idk if that made sense.

Radja has already explained the discrepancy. Mathilda hasn't posted at all. ABR has posted to say he won't be posting. Radja doesn't like that ABR is active lurking whereas Mathilda is simply lurking.

Phone posting; I saw that whole thing as sarcasm, ABR doing ABR things. I doesn't really matter if he's saying that's what he's doing, it more matters whether he actually just doesn't do anything.

tbh I'd rather tongue-in-cheek ABR than Fakeclaim-Three-Different-Roles-As-Town ABR, as hilarious as that was
2023 W/L | 1-0
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:59 am

Post by MattP »

In post 204, Aeronaut wrote:Phone posting; I saw that whole thing as sarcasm, ABR doing ABR things. I doesn't really matter if he's saying that's what he's doing, it more matters whether he actually just doesn't do anything.

tbh I'd rather tongue-in-cheek ABR than Fakeclaim-Three-Different-Roles-As-Town ABR, as hilarious as that was

I'm not concerned with ABR, I'm concerned that Dwlee is just jumping onto the Radja-smear-campaign by throwing out a big word like "hypocrisy" when he has no reason to justify saying that.

At this point I don't like Dwlee or Dierface (the two D's)
SlappyKrust
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 205, MattP wrote:
In post 204, Aeronaut wrote:Phone posting; I saw that whole thing as sarcasm, ABR doing ABR things. I doesn't really matter if he's saying that's what he's doing, it more matters whether he actually just doesn't do anything.

I'm not concerned with ABR, I'm concerned that Dwlee is just jumping onto the Radja-smear-campaign by throwing out a big word like "hypocrisy" when he has no reason to justify saying that.

At this point I don't like Dwlee or Dierface (the two D's)

Yea, he sounds like a politician, using buzzwords.

Besides that, I haven't honestly looked at Dwlee, but I'll look at him more when I'm at a computer.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Aeronaut »

How do you feel about alwaysInnocent?
2023 W/L | 1-0
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:04 am

Post by MattP »

Of the top of my head I didn't care for him until recently and now I marginally like him with his recent posting

But I'll double check
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:06 am

Post by MattP »

I'm pretty confidant about AI being town after a reread.
SlappyKrust
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Eh
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Hypocrisy is the closest word I could find to describe it.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I need to go read the last few pages more thoroughly, but having skimmed I didn't really care for a lot of his posting
2023 W/L | 1-0
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:15 am

Post by MattP »

In post 212, Aeronaut wrote:I need to go read the last few pages more thoroughly, but having skimmed I didn't really care for a lot of his posting

I didn't like his posting while it was happening early on, but in iso I think it's pretty clear he's genuinely trying to solve aspects of the game. He doesn't seem even remotely manipulative either in any of his positions in the game (miller response, even if other people had problems with it I don't, and the Radja unvote) or how he responded to the Lowell vote on him.
SlappyKrust
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:16 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 203, Lowell wrote:

unvote

I'm still away from my computer until tomorrow when I get back to work, so this is just a quick read. I realize this is digging a few pages deep, but it stood out.

Iraon's reaction here just looks confusing. Votes without explanation (especially one RL day into the game) aren't that uncommon. Also, he's never mentioned radja before this, so it's not clear why this sarcastic, exasperated "oh not again!" reaction is warranted.

Basically, he doth protest too much. He's trying to win townie points by showing how frustrated he is by less productive players.

From context, it was clear that Radja's vote was is response to ABR being uncooperative and snarky. I hate unwarranted policy-ish votes on players that are not being particularly anti-town. I understand that unexplained votes are okay, I do that sometimes!

I was genuinely frustrated, how can you distinguish real and fake frustration? Why doesn't your accusation of "trying to win townie points" not apply to any others voting / commenting on Radja?

However, I think (and thought) this more likely indicates Radja as an indignant town-aligned player. I dislike when people play like this, though.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:17 am

Post by MattP »

VOTE: Dierfire
SlappyKrust
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Radja »

In post 214, iraonavp wrote:

unvote

From context, it was clear that Radja's vote was is response to ABR being uncooperative and snarky. I hate unwarranted policy-ish votes on players that are not being particularly anti-town. I understand that unexplained votes are okay, I do that sometimes!

I was genuinely frustrated, how can you distinguish real and fake frustration? Why doesn't your accusation of "trying to win townie points" not apply to any others voting / commenting on Radja?

However, I think (and thought) this more likely indicates Radja as an indignant town-aligned player. I dislike when people play like this, though.

What's wrong with pressuring someone who is uncooperative to get the answers you desire?
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:24 am

Post by iraonavp »

In post 216, Radja wrote:

unvote

What's wrong with pressuring someone who is uncooperative to get the answers you desire?

Your question was not great to start with, and I get the feeling that ABR keeps his thoughts to himself for the most part.

The point of contention here is almost completely due to playstyle. The fact that ABR still has not given an answer that satisfies you shows that in regards to pressure your vote has achieved nothing! And you seem to be the only one having any real problems about ABR's playstyle, so you will have difficult enacting a policy lynch if you attempt that.

I suggest that you change your vote onto someone you consider likely to be scum-aligned, to preserve the remaining tatters of your credibility.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Radja »

In post 217, iraonavp wrote:
In post 216, Radja wrote:

unvote

Your question was not great to start with, and I get the feeling that ABR keeps his thoughts to himself for the most part.

The point of contention here is almost completely due to playstyle. The fact that ABR still has not given an answer that satisfies you shows that in regards to pressure your vote has achieved nothing! And you seem to be the only one having any real problems about ABR's playstyle, so you will have difficult enacting a policy lynch if you attempt that.

I suggest that you change your vote onto someone you consider likely to be scum-aligned, to preserve the remaining tatters of your credibility.

Until Albert provides some content, I am considering him to be scum-aligned. So I'm going to keep my vote where it is.
My pressure vote did achieve quite a lot actually. I have seen multiple people hop on a very easy wagon on me. And that wagon includes Albert. So I disagree with your thoughts on the situation completely.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 189, Taly wrote:
Wtf, this is either discrediting a valid move to make the town more aware, or simply casting it off for something else later.

This is why I'm not fully OK with Dier atm, and at a lesser degree - ABR. (Though, Aero is kind of right about how ABR would claim anything.

Can you show me where ABR discredited your claim?

Well, the thing is... it's really not. While Radja might be voting ABR for something that's a bit hypocritical, Radja himself
is
posting a moderate amount. The real reason it's not a great vote is because there's really not scum motivation for literally announcing "I'm going to do nothing this game", yet Radja jumped on it pretty fast anyway.

However, you're doing the same thing; jumping on the Radja bandwagon because it's the cool wagon to be on, using your own buzzword reason to make it seem like you're adding something to this push, when you're clearly not. You're just riding the coattails.

In post 198, AlwaysInnocent wrote:After having re-read Radja's ISO, I think it more likely that he is town. His posts seem genuine. I do wonder why he has Garmr as a townread. I think I have an idea, but I am not sure if saying it helps the game.

UNVOTE: Radja

What exactly looks genuine to you in his ISO? Like which posts specifically?

This last sentence looks like strong-arming, and I'm not a fan.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Mathilda »

Sorry Christmas was a nightmare as usual and didn't realise that the game had started. Just about to go to bed now but will catch up the game when I wake up in about 8 hours.
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Mathilda »

In post 215, MattP wrote:VOTE: Dierfire

I'm surprised to see a naked vote on page 9 when the thread has clearly progressed from RVS.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 192, Radja wrote:I have given thoughts on those I have thoughts on. Thats' all there is.

I have also already said I still don't like MattP. I don't tend to change reads that fast either.

Eckgh.... This feels stagnant, but I don't really see scum motivation behind your thinking in looking at your ISO.

Can you explain your Garmr townread?

Also, you said that my miller claim would be dealt with. Why not now, and when is later?

In post 193, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Oh. Dear. My memory is bad then. I will have some thoughts after rereading everything.

Looking forward to it...

Wait, what is this vote for? Specifically why now - when Dier hasn't responded to the current votes - and not before?

I know Aero beat me to this, but this gives me some shitty vibes.

Aeronaut wrote:
In post 189, Taly wrote:
Wtf, this is either discrediting a valid move to make the town more aware, or simply casting it off for something else later.

This is why I'm not fully OK with Dier atm, and at a lesser degree - ABR. (Though, Aero is kind of right about how ABR would claim anything.

Can you show me where ABR discredited your claim?

Calling me suspicious for something he'd done as scum does not ring well with me.

>>>>

Dwlee... eh. Not really doing anything. Calling out that Radja's vote was bad but then finally unvotes Aero (Which was RVS, I believe?) looks odd.

Have any scumreads? o_o...

P-Edit

Nice to see Mathilda posting now. Waiting for the catch-up post.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Mathilda »

In post 151, Dwlee99 wrote:I subconciously judge based off of avatars, tbh.

That's why I changed my avatar from the last game we played together. It occurred to me that having a political figure as an avatar might attract distrust. So I've gone with the old classic of a horse in a Bavarian dress.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 221, Mathilda wrote:

I'm surprised to see a naked vote on page 9 when the thread has clearly progressed from RVS.

I guess you've never played mafia

Cool first contribution to the thread btw
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”