Mini 1803: Hunger Games Mafia (GAME OVER)

Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Eek, I didn't think about district specific powers. ._.

I'm not sure about who to gift right now, I'll have to consult with my other head.

-Episode 3, Revenge of the Clumsy
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 197, Xtoxm wrote:May I request everyone state for who they intend to gift-vote today? Mine is still on Lady and the Tramp.
by making it obvious who are we gifting it to scum will know who can commute.

whats the pros / cons of discussing this publicly in your mind?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

There's no reason to hide who can commute, don't want town powers to target it, it's best to just give the commuter to a townreaad

I'm not really answering for him, that's what he said basically (I think) and what I believe as well
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 197, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 184, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 52, inspectorscout wrote:What if...we all claimed our home? In the books, out of the 12 districts 4 are career districts. If everyone claims, the careers will either have to fakeclaim or reveal that they are partners. If there is too much people in 1 district, there is mafia. If everything is even, you can kill another person if a person in that district flipped career.
I still want to explore this because it makes a ton of sense. The lore points to having 2 members each in the districts. I know that there are at least a minimum of 2 districts considering kappa has already claimed Little Italy and I am in The Road to Rome. Such flavor mechanics can - as in other theme games - give us a little insight into who is scum and who is town. I see absolutely no downside to outing this information ad scum really cannot deduce anything from it.

I don't think it will break the game but it certainly might give us an edge. Otherwise, I cannot think of any scenario where it would disadvantage us.
I don't think we should be revealing this information so easily. It is highly unlikely that the game is breakable by flavour in this way, and mods sometimes give scum extra power based on setup knowledge (eg, an ability that only works on players from a specific district).

I'd like to remind everyone that we need to form a consensus before ending the day. Even if the consensus is on a scum, public knowledge is of more benefit to the town. If a unknown scum (or town) ends up with it, town may end up wasting powers on a commuted slot.

As for the wagon FAQ, I feel it's formed very easily and I don't follow the logic behind scum!FAQ, but i'm not into long D1s and he doesn't seem to have much objection to being lynched, so i'm ok with it providing we sort my aforementioned point.

May I request everyone state for who they intend to gift-vote today? Mine is still on Lady and the Tramp.
No you may not and STOP saying who you are gifting.

All you are doing is telling scum who you are giving a PR role to.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I want to see how he analyzed this thing more than the fact is it a good move or not.

so please don't answer when I ask someone else a question

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

that was @dunnstral

FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 202, Dunnstral wrote:There's no reason to hide who can commute, don't want town powers to target it, it's best to just give the commuter to a townreaad

I'm not really answering for him, that's what he said basically (I think) and what I believe as well
So, are you really saying that there is no reason to tell scum who can absorb a NK without being killed?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 190, Frozen Angel wrote:^ Thats exaclty my question but I want FAQ to answer it first
It was already answered in the post I have quoted and some discussion on it earlier.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 195, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I HIGHLY doubt that this setup could be broken so easily. It's the same reason that scum are usually given fake claims in themes (when flavor is alignment indicative). Otherwise everyone just mass claims flavor and bam, game is done. Scum would have to lie and pick really minor characters (which would look like they were trying to pick minor characters to not claim someone else's flavor) or risk a counter claim from town.

-Clumsy
Yes - it is unlikely that it will break the game BUT there is noting that scum can use the info for so there is no point in hiding it and there is a possibility that there is useful information there.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

no the fact that this is not a 24 player game with 2 player in each district so its different from book

and what edge will it give us? if we lynch scum are you going to just lynch the other one from their district?

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 206, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 202, Dunnstral wrote:There's no reason to hide who can commute, don't want town powers to target it, it's best to just give the commuter to a townreaad

So, are you really saying that there is no reason to tell scum who can absorb a NK without being killed?
That's not what I said?

We should reveal who gets the gift so town power roles don't end up wasting abilities on that player
FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 195, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:I HIGHLY doubt that this setup could be broken so easily. It's the same reason that scum are usually given fake claims in themes (when flavor is alignment indicative). Otherwise everyone just mass claims flavor and bam, game is done. Scum would have to lie and pick really minor characters (which would look like they were trying to pick minor characters to not claim someone else's flavor) or risk a counter claim from town.

-Clumsy
Yes - it is unlikely that it will break the game BUT there is noting that scum can use the info for
so there is no point in hiding it and there is a possibility that there is useful information there.
Is this a slip?

How do you know that scum can't use the info...?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 210, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 206, FA_Q2 wrote:

That's not what I said?

We should reveal who gets the gift so town power roles don't end up wasting abilities on that player
FA_Q2 wrote:

-Clumsy
Yes - it is unlikely that it will break the game BUT there is noting that scum can use the info for
so there is no point in hiding it and there is a possibility that there is useful information there.
Is this a slip?

Because it is basic flavor info.

Can you think pf a single use that scum may have for knowing the districts?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 194, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 0, President Snow wrote:
Special Mechanics
  1. Each phase, Tributes will get to PM the mod the name of another Tribute they would like to receive that phase's gift (which will be announced at phase start). At the end of the phase, the Tribute with the most votes (or the Tribute who received the most votes first in case of a tie) will receive that gift. The winner will NOT be announced publicly, and the gift will be available for use in the next phase. You may not vote for yourself. This will continue until the gifts run out.
  2. There may be other mechanics not listed to the public.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by Yume »

I am tribute A from Road to Rome.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

^^^ :?:
Dunnstral wrote:
In post 194, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 0, President Snow wrote:
Special Mechanics
  1. Each phase, Tributes will get to PM the mod the name of another Tribute they would like to receive that phase's gift (which will be announced at phase start). At the end of the phase, the Tribute with the most votes (or the Tribute who received the most votes first in case of a tie) will receive that gift. The winner will NOT be announced publicly, and the gift will be available for use in the next phase. You may not vote for yourself. This will continue until the gifts run out.
  2. There may be other mechanics not listed to the public.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yume imagine if you and I both joined 1 day earlier than we did
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 210, Dunnstral wrote:
FA_Q2 wrote:

-Clumsy
Is this a slip?

That's how I reacted. I can't think of a town player making that assumption. I'm voting for FA_Q2 already but I would vote for him for this.

@Everyone:
Please don't arbitrarily decide to say what your district is. We haven't decided to do it together and there's players who oppose giving it (including me.) If you give your district, it narrows down the options that remain for the rest of us.

I doubt there's any value in revealing the districts. If there is, I would expect that there's value for town and scum, in which case it's better to wait until later on.

In terms of the gift - perhaps we can vote freely but the winner can reveal themselves tomorrow? That way, the voting can't be tampered with but we can make sure that a town PR isn't wasted when the commuter is being used? Also, we can decide whether or not to reveal the person who gets the gift on a case by case basis? So it's relevant in this context because we don't want to waste a town role when it's used.
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Kappy »

The Road to Rome:
FA_Q2, Yume
Central Park
:
Mayfair Club

Little Italy:
Kappy
Coney Island:

Theme Park:

There are 7 potential districts, and 13 players. That means one district only has 1 player. I bet it is Coney Island, because that is where the Hunger Games are being held, so I picture it more as the Capital than a district. Of course, that could be nonsense. If it were me, I would have done it with 12 players, with none from Coney Island.[/quote]
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:03 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Except, you can't know that there are tributes from coney island or some of the other districts yet, since nobody claimed those districts yet.
Is this a slip?
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:15 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 218, inspectorscout wrote:Except, you can't know that there are tributes from coney island or some of the other districts yet, since nobody claimed those districts yet.
Is this a slip?
I am assuming there are probably tributes from all 7 because that is the logical thing that the mod would do.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Froot Loop »

This just feels like empty speculation - I'm not clear how it's helping things. We've got play to discuss and even the gift voting which is relevant and we should reach a consensus on. The district stuff isn't helping right now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:58 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Excuse me? Discussing the gift has most likely positive consequences for scum, so if we need to refrain from either things, it's that one. But as I said a while ago; I don't mind on dropping my plan, faq started that discussion again.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Bins »

In post 217, Kappy wrote:
The Road to Rome:
FA_Q2, Yume
Central Park
:
Mayfair Club

Little Italy:
Kappy
Coney Island:

Theme Park:

There are 7 potential districts, and 13 players. That means one district only has 1 player. I bet it is Coney Island, because that is where the Hunger Games are being held, so I picture it more as the Capital than a district. Of course, that could be nonsense. If it were me, I would have done it with 12 players, with none from Coney Island.
[/quote]
s t o p

Kappy is getting away with doing nothing by posting this over and over again. Whoo.

You can't honestly think this is worth our time/beneficial, right? Are you just ignorant? I'm saying there may be roles/mechanics based on this we don't know about. A masonry, maybe?
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Bins »

In post 170, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 163, Dunnstral wrote:Bins are you town? If so why am I only "ok" ?
Answer this one too please :D
Because I didn't mind your vote.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Kappy »

I agree. Ultimately, we shouldn't tell scum who we give the gift to, because scum will then know who not to night kill.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”