lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 1 . 10
  • nancy
    --------- 5 ( momo, Korts, Darklyn, Rileycountant, Transcend )
    L- 2

Momo
    ---------- 2 ( Thinkbig, JaeReed )
    L- 5

ThinkBig
    ------ 1 ( Green Crayons )
    L- 6

Transcend
    ----- 1 ( Hiraki )
    L- 6

Rileycountant
    - 1 ( nancy )
    L- 6

Not Voting
    ---- 3 ( RadiantCowbells, horrordude0215, Grendel )

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-03-25 08:15:00)

ThinkBig is on V/LA on weekends
GTKAS
| here.
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

nancy probscum here, Jae might be scum. Grendel, GC, Korts are my townreads. Hiraki, why do you scumread Transcend?
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

Agree with Riley that nancy is scum, but it's not because of her being useless; it's because of the fact that she's using fake reaction tests to essentially be able to have a read without explaining why(see: votes on Darklyn and us). This is scum blatantly pushing for whatever lynches they want without having the burden of justifying why they're doing so, and then hiding under trolly behavior to try and get away with it.

Jae feels sluggish this game. I know they said they were experiencing problems playing mafia, but I felt like they weren't trying to sort Transcend at all when interacting with them. This is at least partially a gut read as well - I have played with town Jae, this doesn't feel like it. Anyone who's played with Jae probably knows what I'm talking about.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by nancy »

Lol both scumheads making the same mistake.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by nancy »

I like your fake hydra synchronicity though.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

Oh no! Both heads of a hydra agree on reads! What trickery is this? It's almost as if they had private avenues of discussion to agree on reads so that there's no tedious hydra dissonance for the rest of the game to deal with!

No. If you were really town who thought you caught scum, you should be chomping at the bit to explain to everyone just how fake we are, exactly what mistakes we make and why this confirms as scum. You should be jumping up and down, going "look! This is scum and this is why they are scum!!" rather than sitting back and going "haha you're scum, I won't explain why". That's because town wants to convince other people of their scumreads, while scum doesn't(they're fine with lynching pretty much anyone that isn't a member of their team).

Compare to Brussels Sprouts, where you(as town) engaged with me, talked to people about your scumreads and why, and generally acted like you were actually the mildest bit interested in catching scum.
Darklyn
Darklyn
Goon
Darklyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Darklyn »

Would like to see more from horrordude0215
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 204, nancy wrote:I like your fake hydra synchronicity though.
Love the shades. This is all kinds of yuck.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 205, Rileycountant wrote:Oh no! Both heads of a hydra agree on reads! What trickery is this? It's almost as if they had private avenues of discussion to agree on reads so that there's no tedious hydra dissonance for the rest of the game to deal with!

No. If you were really town who thought you caught scum, you should be chomping at the bit to explain to everyone just how fake we are, exactly what mistakes we make and why this confirms as scum. You should be jumping up and down, going "look! This is scum and this is why they are scum!!" rather than sitting back and going "haha you're scum, I won't explain why". That's because town wants to convince other people of their scumreads, while scum doesn't(they're fine with lynching pretty much anyone that isn't a member of their team).

Compare to Brussels Sprouts, where you(as town) engaged with me, talked to people about your scumreads and why, and generally acted like you were actually the mildest bit interested in catching scum.
Lol pretending you and I play the same way. The synchronicity is actually fake because I know town!you wouldn't have that assessment of my play, wouldn't make that post there, and because the tone is just off.
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

In post 208, nancy wrote:
In post 205, Rileycountant wrote:Oh no! Both heads of a hydra agree on reads! What trickery is this? It's almost as if they had private avenues of discussion to agree on reads so that there's no tedious hydra dissonance for the rest of the game to deal with!

Lol pretending you and I play the same way. The synchronicity is actually fake because I know town!you wouldn't have that assessment of my play, wouldn't make that post there, and because the tone is just off.
You definitely don't know me well, then. All I see is you dicking around while pretending to scumhunt, then voting us when we call you out on your BS. You're not RC, and your attempt to imitate his style is both bad and scummy.

Also, "the tone is just off" is literally the most vague, generic reason I've ever heard someone give for scumreading someone else.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 209, Rileycountant wrote:You definitely don't know me well, then. All I see is you dicking around while pretending to scumhunt, then voting us when we call you out on your BS. You're not RC, and your attempt to imitate his style is both bad and scummy.

Also, "the tone is just off" is literally the most vague, generic reason I've ever heard someone give for scumreading someone else.
Lmfaoooo. Now I'm wondering whether you actually believe that or are just making up random shit to try and sound good. I don't think I need to explain what a tonal read is to you :P
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Post by Korts »

A parenthetical.

I'm very confused at the style of play here. nancy going all DGB all over the place, Transcend acting like he's Fate of all things, everyone throwing around reads like actual justification is for nerds - this fucking truthtell powertown bullshit too - this game is like we took all the most idiosyncratic playstyles of the last ten years and dialed it up to eleven. Is there anyone here who can make an actual case instead of just roleplaying madness?

With that out of the way, I need to get some work done, I will be back in a couple of hours.
scumchat never die
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

I know what a tonal read is. What you have expressed here is not a tonal read; it's nakedly stating a scumread and trying to pass it off as a tonal read.
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

In post 211, Korts wrote:A parenthetical.

I'm very confused at the style of play here. nancy going all DGB all over the place, Transcend acting like he's Fate of all things, everyone throwing around reads like actual justification is for nerds - this fucking truthtell powertown bullshit too - this game is like we took all the most idiosyncratic playstyles of the last ten years and dialed it up to eleven. Is there anyone here who can make an actual case instead of just roleplaying madness?

With that out of the way, I need to get some work done, I will be back in a couple of hours.
You read my posts, right?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Post by Korts »

Yeah, your posts are among the few that I could read without having PTSD flashbacks.
scumchat never die
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Fate wishes he were me. I've claimed 10 fake guilties that I've carried through to a lynch and all have been on scum ;)
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by nancy »

The tone, particularly the word choice and sentence flow, of 202 says that you are fake. Your descriptions of play in 202 says that you are fake. The timing of Accountant emerging and Riley receding says that you are fake. There's no nuance in your stances. You're like the quintessential rabid scum forced by being caught into jumping on superficialities in the attempt to blow them out of proportion and in so doing seem like someone who is actually doing any real hunting. You and Riley are either both bad scumhunters or you're just scum. Gonna go with the latter.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 215, RadiantCowbells wrote:Fate wishes he were me. I've claimed 10 fake guilties that I've carried through to a lynch and all have been on scum ;)
I'm apparently trying to mimic your playstyle. Thoughts? :P
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 202, Rileycountant wrote:Jae feels sluggish this game. I know they said they were experiencing problems playing mafia, but I felt like they weren't trying to sort Transcend at all when interacting with them. This is at least partially a gut read as well - I have played with town Jae, this doesn't feel like it. Anyone who's played with Jae probably knows what I'm talking about.
1. Game has been up less than a quarter of the day phase.
2. I made it clear that if I try to sort Transcend right now I'll tunnel him.
3. This whole paragraph is 100% bullshit, you saw me disengaged during Banana Split.

VOTE: Rileycountant
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Jae vote nancy for a second
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

In post 216, nancy wrote:The tone, particularly the word choice and sentence flow, of 202 says that you are fake. Your descriptions of play in 202 says that you are fake. The timing of Accountant emerging and Riley receding says that you are fake. There's no nuance in your stances. You're like the quintessential rabid scum forced by being caught into jumping on superficialities in the attempt to blow them out of proportion and in so doing seem like someone who is actually doing any real hunting. You and Riley are either both bad scumhunters or you're just scum. Gonna go with the latter.
It's not superficialities. It would be jumping on superficialities if I did it while you were in RVS or just-out-of-RVS. Someone who chooses to continue intentionally fluffing after the game has started
and a major wagon involving them is underway
is either: a) a useless lurksack or b) scum trying to hide behind a facade of bravado. There is no reason for town to continue to refuse to engage at that point, and you trying to dismiss it as a superficiality is a really bad misrepresentation of the case against you. Not to mention that you conveniently forgot to include the actual reason why Riley voted you, which is 158.

I'm not sure what you mean about the timing of me emerging and Riley receding; if you're implying that it's an experienced player taking over for a newbie after the newbie faces scum pressure, then that makes no sense, because I could just as easily coach her in private chat. Also waiting for you to explain to the class why the word choice and sentence flow of 202 makes us scum.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 200, Alisae wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1 . 10
  • nancy
    --------- 5 ( momo, Korts, Darklyn, Rileycountant, Transcend )
    L- 2

Momo
    ---------- 2 ( Thinkbig, JaeReed )
    L- 5

ThinkBig
    ------ 1 ( Green Crayons )
    L- 6

Transcend
    ----- 1 ( Hiraki )
    L- 6

Rileycountant
    - 1 ( nancy )
    L- 6

Not Voting
    ---- 3 ( RadiantCowbells, horrordude0215, Grendel )

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-03-25 08:15:00)

ThinkBig is on V/LA on weekends
@RC there's no way in hell I'm getting on a wagon with both Riley and Korts.

Korts has been doing jack all but making weak questions that won't sort shit and some weird ass LAMIST bullshit (probably not quite the word I'm looking for tbh). My point is it's superficial and not scumhunting then he's complaining about other's playstyles which I doubt he'd bother to do without putting real content out himself as town.

I don't even have a real read on nancy but I don't like the circle jerk and I don't like Korts being on the wagon and Accountant just flat out lied about his experiences with me.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

In post 218, JaeReed wrote:
In post 202, Rileycountant wrote:Jae feels sluggish this game. I know they said they were experiencing problems playing mafia, but I felt like they weren't trying to sort Transcend at all when interacting with them. This is at least partially a gut read as well - I have played with town Jae, this doesn't feel like it. Anyone who's played with Jae probably knows what I'm talking about.
1. Game has been up less than a quarter of the day phase.
2. I made it clear that if I try to sort Transcend right now I'll tunnel him.
3. This whole paragraph is 100% bullshit, you saw me disengaged during Banana Split.

VOTE: Rileycountant
1. My issue isn't that you're not doing anything, my issue is that you're doing stuff, and it's really mediocre stuff. The JaeReed I know isn't mediocre. Why are you being mediocre now?
2. Okay, I'll give you this one, but like why are you spending so much time talking to someone who you think you'll start tunnelling if you interact with them too much? If Transcend is the one person you can't talk to without flying off into oblivion, then why aren't you spending your time talking to people you can properly sort? I don't mind if Transcend is the only one around at the time, but you didn't seem interested in talking to anyone but him.
3. You were disengaged during Banana Split because the game dragged on and on and it was really tedious; you weren't that disengaged during the early part of Banana Split, before it got really boring and shouty. Do you think the game has already gotten tedious?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by JaeReed »

is some of the worst fake scumhunting I've ever seen.
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

Riddle me this, Jae. There are people here who've played with you before. I know there are people here who've played with you before. Why would I, as scum, lie about your meta or my experiences with you when if that was the case I'd get called out for BS by those people?

Return to “Completed Open Games”