Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 191, Mathdino wrote: Keychain I gut-disagree with you on Elena's motivation there. You're basically suggesting that scum would come into the thread and shit all over the information we have and be like "WELL MY JOB HERE IS DONE" and fuck right off. Makes much more sense coming from town that just complains about shit a lot.
Yes, that's what I'm suggesting. You're kind of maligning her as either alignment here - reducing town's faith in the information we have available is a pretty good scum strategy.

In post 194, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 27, Keychain wrote:I'm interested in your Elena nullread, I'm leaning more scum there.
I'm trying really hard to imagine someone actually being interested in the nature of someone's page-one null read, and I can't.
Maybe I should rephrase it.
"You have Elena as a nullread but I thought she was scummy. This is a difference in our reads I find interesting and feel I should mention."
He had reads on other players, but not on someone I found scummy.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 130, Almost50 wrote:Or maybe this is exactly what we thought and decided I won't be playing a Scum role if we rolled any? And then we ended up not receiving any red PMs anyway? Just a maybe ;)

VOTE: ChannelDelibird

Literally don't know them. I may not have played with Bulbazak or Smocaine before, but I saw the names before (Smocaine, I was following the last game as I was considering replacing in before momo took the slot).

I'm going to take the risk and ASSUME Mathdino is Town here (obviously for no apparent reason other than me HOPING he is). Very tangible vivid trust, is it not?
Don't like this offhand excuse but I've made that clear already. Also feels like he's going through the motions of rolling into the same game as me.
In post 132, Almost50 wrote:How about we stop this kind of assessment and try to develop reads from within this thread? I want a wagon to sheep that eventually leads to a lynch on Scum, me giving correct reads and getting shot on N1! :P
this is off
In post 136, Almost50 wrote:I'll probably stop arguing regarding this matter, but ask Chara if they would say they could reliably predict what I'd do had my team rolled a Scum role at all! I mean, having just won as SK I would expect investigative roles to be all over me just in case. This means it'd be suicidal for me to pick a scum role to begin with. I don't want to get into hypothetical claims, so I;m not going to ask anyone to out there target if they were Cop. Just answer it to yourself and decide if it would be wise for me to volunteer to play a Scum role to begin with.

Suffice it to say, if I was Scum and there's a Cop I'm likely caught on N1. It won't be even for anything wrong I'd do. It'd be because many players (including my own hydra p) are promoting me as a good scum player, but neglecting to say I'm also clever enough not to pick a scum role -under the circumstances- if given the choice.

I want to place KeyChain in the Town lean pile for now.
Then I stopped the multiquoting here because yeah this makes sense and I was skimming to catch up all the threads.

Fuck.
UNVOTE: Almost50
As long as we're agreed that he's the obvious first investigation target.

VOTE: Bulbazak

That logicky post is pinging me in all sortso f ways. Feels like an overexplanation of an analysis on not all that much source material in the first place. Makes him look active/helpful without really advancing the game (because fundamentally, it's just saying why he's hopping on a wagon).

choo chooooooooo
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 am

Post by skirt skirt »

I still don't find maria scummy

VOTE: bulbazak
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 202, skirt skirt wrote:I still don't find maria scummy

VOTE: bulbazak
are you doing this on purpose...?
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 am

Post by skirt skirt »

in reply to your post asking about vulva reads, I was going to say if you voted him I would too. I have him as scum on the last page. my vote wasn't anywhere important, and generating wagons is pro town.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 am

Post by skirt skirt »

also, I disagree that almost is a better check than lld, also also, do you townread a50 now or?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Radja »

In post 132, Almost50 wrote:
In post 17, Mathdino wrote:LLD, Bulbazak, Smoke, UCV, A50, skirt skirt are the most likely players to take scum in my mind.

Much less likely players are Keychain, T-Bone, CDB, Bins, Dunker, guessing Radja rn but I have to check who his teammates are.

Your turn in the game.
How about we stop this kind of assessment and try to develop reads from within this thread? I want a wagon to sheep that eventually leads to a lynch on Scum, me giving correct reads and getting shot on N1! :P
why would you make this comment about post 17 of this game, when there was hardly anything to read?
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 188, skirt skirt wrote:I mean, I can call dunker obv town as fuck, lld misguided town, math probably town, Elena probably town, cdb scum lean from my partner, keychain town from my partner, bulbazak scum lean because burden of being good is you don't get away with stupid ass pushes like that, you get to be null because I do believe this is a playstyle thing however I do also think you're a good wagon rn and being utterly useless, and those reads are not based on picking role pms spec. I used roll pm spec to generate content and get out of rvs, it worked, sue me. There is plenty of content to get reads from.
I did provide preliminary reads on Mathdino, LLD, Keychain, Dunker and YOU. That's about as much as I could do thus far. I'm not going to pull reads out of thin air just to please you (or anyone else) although I did that once in response to a similar silly push (check my readlists in Gistou)

In fact, I'm going to save you the trouble... hang on.

Subject: Gistou (Over!)
Almost50 wrote:OK.. for those of you who didn't like my earlier read list, here's an updated one for you all to enjoy:

DISCLAIMER: The following read list is ONLY intended for those who are scum reading me for the previous one. If you're not one of those you need not bother. ;)

ENJOY!

Spoiler:
1.Heartless - - - - - SCUM: They're going after town players.
2.KuroiXHF - - - - - Town Lean: He's legit looking for non-Humans.
3.Klingoncelt - - - - Null: Not enough to judge by.
4.Titus - - - - - - - - Town Lean: I feel like she's genuinely scum hunting and not being opportunistic.
5.dramonic - - - - - Null-Town: Good vibes thus far and good logic too, but I can't get over my own paranoia of him.
6.Salt Squad - - - - Null: Yes, I know. I retract the slight town read on beeboy, never successfully read SC, and Heat is still not opening up.
7.Almost50 - - - - - Town: I believe he should chill, but he is currently at 240/160 blood pressure of higher.
8.Nosferatu - - - - - Town Lean: (Why not? It's not like I'm going to refer to THIS read list in the future anyway!)
9.Mathblade - - - - Scum: (You know, if Titus is good then her sibling must be evil! It's called siblings rivalry)
10.Wayward Thinker Null-Town: (Popular demand has it that I must have a read here so there's one.)
11.Stormblade - - - Scum Lean: I don't trust Nahdia after what she did to me/us in Bloodborne. (I had to invent a reason, even if it had nothing to do with anything on the whole planet.)
12.davesaz - - - - - Town Lean: (At least he's posting and look slike he's doing the effort others can't afford to.)
13.copper223 - - - - Scum: (Heartless linked with him on )
14.Cane + Able - - - Town Lean: (Their posts make better sense than many others.)
15.Tim - - - - - - - - Scum Lean: (Sorry mate. I needed some more scum reads please the people.)
16.No Retreat - - - - Undecided: (Nero always tunnels me. I have 2 finished games with him when he was town twice and I was town once and 3p aligned with town once. Either he finally realized my play style just isn't ideal (which makes him town) or he is actually up to no good (in which case he is scum))
17.A Song of Ice and Fire-Town: (I don't feel like explaining my read on this slot. I just feel like I can read each of them separately to a higher precision than the average rate of success. MY average that is.)
18.RAM - - - - - - - - Town Lean: (Why not? People are not liking me having a null read on many slots, so why not suck up on this one?)
19.Lady Lambdadelta - Scum Lean: (Not making a solid presence, besides I need to impress people with some scum reads that are not founded at all just to appease them.)
20.rb - - - - - - - - - Town Lean: (Gut feeling.)
21.Cephrir - - - - - - SCUM: (Actually 2nd top scum read after Heartless.)
22.Luna Fox - - - - - Scum Lean: (Too volatile and undecided on her thought process. Likely to bend for the wing to pass her by.)
23.Expedience - - - - Town Lean: (Like dram said; he can't be faking all those bad reads.)
24.BBMolla - - - - - - Scum Lean: (How can he be town when he shares scum!Luna's win-con?)
25.TheWayItEnds - - Town Lean: (I already listed enough scum reads on other so this slot can be town on PoE.)
26.Skybird - - - - - - Null: (Nothing yet to read from this slot.)
27.Toogeloo - - - - - Scum Lean: (Hearsay! Someone said something about you being the same as Luna/BB and although I didn't notice it myself I'm just tying you up to them to get a complete picture and get people to clap their hands congratulating me on a wonderfully composed read list.)
28.Franky - - - - - - Null (But I'm willing to consider if so you wish. I aim to please.)

So THERE! A complete read list that's not worth the time for you to read, not to mention that time it took me to compose. The funny thing is it took me even longer to put this shit together because I actually had to use my imagination, not speak up my mind.

P.S. If you have no business reading this but still did, please IGNORE this. Thank you.
Let me know if you want a readlist like this (NOTE: Check the reasoning for some slots like Tim, RAM & Mathblade before you answer).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am

Post by skirt skirt »

Actually, a reads list like that would be nice. Its lighthearted, but still relevant. Honestly, I'm bored with this game so I've been reading through the others and compiling reads lists for them.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Mathdino »

i for one do not want a reads list like that because it does literally nothing to help sort A50 xD

but yo do what you want dude
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Radja »

In post 191, Mathdino wrote: Radja, I have LLD as town right now because her posts seem town-motivated and she seems to think her reads are an objective thing that people will pick up on (they're not but whatever). We're probably gonna have to PR-clear her or paranoia-lynch her at some point, but it's a bad D1 lynch.
I agree about her being a bad D1 lynch, but I was wondering about your post 44:
Don't know if I'm mad sad or glad that LLD's town.
Did you get to this point just by her "town motivated posts" here? LLD had basically just posted her opening at this point, so I was wondering why you were so quick to put her in your townpool.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Mathdino »

Ah yeah that was before I started getting paranoid of that scumtell-not-a-scumtell.

Her explanation majorly checked out to me at the time so I was inclined to believe it at face value.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Ego
so...i don't get enough sleep
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 209, Mathdino wrote:i for one do not want a reads list like that because it does literally nothing to help sort A50 xD

but yo do what you want dude
A50 is a smart player and I would argue one of the better people itg. It helps me sort him a little bit, but more other people comparing consistencies with my thoughts. I value others' reads a lot more than most do, and I use them to weight my reads in a way I'm not going to pretend is logical. I would be happy with just one post summarizing stances on everyone who's posted with a vote placed somewhere better (and to everyone not voting, start, voting is pro-town). But, if that is what's being offered, I'll take it.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 63, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 58, ChannelDelibird wrote:Hi all. Won’t have a chance to get really stuck in until this evening (GMT) but the Goo is confident that a
Vote: LLD
is the best place to start. She went out of her way to draw scum in the last Team Mafia and wouldn’t let a little thing like having her preference being public knowledge stop her from taking a scum PM again if possible.
When you get a chance can you read Skirt's opening interaction with MathDino and reply with thoughts specifically wrt my posting and Math's posting on the past 2 pages.

Thanks.
I reread everything a few times to see if I could see it the exact same way that you did, and while I agree that there is a difference in levels of conviction between Skirt and Dino (and that that is one of the main things that I look for when scumhunting), I am readier to accept that as a product of the lack of private-topic discussion that Skirt has proclaimed*. What I find more concerning specifically is the predicting that he'd get dinged for agreeing too much and playing it off in a 'please be more interesting' way. Self-consciousness happens to both town and scum, but the forced way he plays it cool there feels like it is more likely to fall on the scummy side of that. Still working out what I make of his playstyle in general, though.

*That said, Skirt, you're a sweet summer child if you think I'll actually be reading anyone's past games for this.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:55 am

In post 64, Keychain wrote:
In post 61, skirt skirt wrote:I spoke to my team about whos read this game just for you baby

transcend called dino town, giga eyerolled at lld's scumread of me and called them gut town
This seems very shallow.
And yet this more meaningfully so.
#greenshirtthursdays
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Radja »

@MathDino why did you unvote A50?
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:59 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 215, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 64, Keychain wrote:
In post 61, skirt skirt wrote:I spoke to my team about whos read this game just for you baby

transcend called dino town, giga eyerolled at lld's scumread of me and called them gut town
This seems very shallow.
And yet this more meaningfully so.
hm?
In post 214, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 63, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 58, ChannelDelibird wrote:Hi all. Won’t have a chance to get really stuck in until this evening (GMT) but the Goo is confident that a
Vote: LLD
is the best place to start. She went out of her way to draw scum in the last Team Mafia and wouldn’t let a little thing like having her preference being public knowledge stop her from taking a scum PM again if possible.
When you get a chance can you read Skirt's opening interaction with MathDino and reply with thoughts specifically wrt my posting and Math's posting on the past 2 pages.

Thanks.
I reread everything a few times to see if I could see it the exact same way that you did, and while I agree that there is a difference in levels of conviction between Skirt and Dino (and that that is one of the main things that I look for when scumhunting), I am readier to accept that as a product of the lack of private-topic discussion that Skirt has proclaimed*. What I find more concerning specifically is the predicting that he'd get dinged for agreeing too much and playing it off in a 'please be more interesting' way. Self-consciousness happens to both town and scum, but the forced way he plays it cool there feels like it is more likely to fall on the scummy side of that. Still working out what I make of his playstyle in general, though.

*That said, Skirt, you're a sweet summer child if you think I'll actually be reading anyone's past games for this.
Don't worry, I won't be reading your past games either, haha. I like to do Ellibereth's Personality Analyses (tm) which is close to but not really meta.

Have you played with Transcend before? Do you know why he'd think 119 was a scum claim from you?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Mathdino »

@Radja: Strategic explanation checks out.

Like, scum in all-vanilla won't get checked, but this is a normal, and probably has some kind of investigative. A50 understands that the differential between him and his teammates is high, but it also seems like he knows that literally everyone else knows that too. Honestly just a bad D1 lynch.

Edit: honestly i have no reason to put any sort of faith in transcend's reads
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:02 am

Elena coming into page 3 suspicious of Mathdino feels like a thing scum wouldn't push at that point.
#greenshirtthursdays
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:04 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 8, Mathdino wrote:Right so we're not lynching UC Voyager today because it takes a minimum of one full ACTIVE day to sort him with >80% accuracy. I played with scum-him. If he actually picked scum this is easy mode.

I'm not going to say why I want Creature watching this game. It has nothing to do with rulebreaking, it's just not something I want to talk about.

I expect regular reads from Creature, with basic reasoning.
why would i pick scum when i have a trash scum record.
so...i don't get enough sleep
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Radja »

In post 218, Mathdino wrote:@Radja: Strategic explanation checks out.

Like, scum in all-vanilla won't get checked, but this is a normal, and probably has some kind of investigative. A50 understands that the differential between him and his teammates is high, but it also seems like he knows that literally everyone else knows that too. Honestly just a bad D1 lynch.

Edit: honestly i have no reason to put any sort of faith in transcend's reads
Why do you think he went from this:
In post 132, Almost50 wrote:
In post 17, Mathdino wrote:LLD, Bulbazak, Smoke, UCV, A50, skirt skirt are the most likely players to take scum in my mind.

Much less likely players are Keychain, T-Bone, CDB, Bins, Dunker, guessing Radja rn but I have to check who his teammates are.

Your turn in the game.
How about we stop this kind of assessment and try to develop reads from within this thread? I want a wagon to sheep that eventually leads to a lynch on Scum, me giving correct reads and getting shot on N1! :P

to explaining why he wouldn't pick a scum role?
He spent multiple posts complaining about setup spec and then joined in on it
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Mathdino »

because my scumread on him was literally entirely based around the idea that he'd pick a scum role

he's directly responding to my logic lol

don't play "gotcha" with me, hypocrisy isn't a scumtell
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Radja »

In post 222, Mathdino wrote:because my scumread on him was literally entirely based around the idea that he'd pick a scum role

he's directly responding to my logic lol

don't play "gotcha" with me, hypocrisy isn't a scumtell
Fair enough. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on it because A50 is the only scumread I have right now and it seemed like a weird time to get off that wagon to me.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:09 am

Post by skirt skirt »

I am never lynching Radja or Dunker. I will do a full reads list when my team's read the game, and hopefully t dog and airplane have posted by then.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”