Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Man I feel bad knowing how much effort your putting into scumreading me so hard, even though I'm town.

Seeing your thought process on even the minute things is weird. Like you made a paragraph dedicated to me going "eh".

I'll keep playing like I am though because altering my personality is hard so I guess I'll have to lookout for Battle Mage always reading me weird.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 200, Elsa Jay wrote:Man I feel bad knowing how much effort your putting into scumreading me so hard, even though I'm town.

Seeing your thought process on even the minute things is weird. Like you made a paragraph dedicated to me going "eh".

I'll keep playing like I am though because altering my personality is hard so I guess I'll have to lookout for Battle Mage always reading me weird.
I read you as town in our last game, and you were town. :yawn:

And believe me, it's the minute details which you need to watch out for. This sort of analysis is super helpful with "train of thought" posters like yourself, who don't use a filter.

Again, the appeal to emotion and plea for pity is telling. You are trying to undermine me with your post above, and it's a really tame effort.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I'm just saying your putting to much effort into minor details. The fact your scumreading EVERYTHING is confirmation bias now.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 202, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm just saying your putting to much effort into minor details. The fact your scumreading EVERYTHING is confirmation bias now.
It's a buffet - people are free to choose the reasons they like. I've simply laid out an array of scummy things you've done - that's like my job! :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

If I absolutely had to compromise on an Elsa lynch, I'd go with his buddy, Raya.

Claims scum with a fake partner:
In post 5, Raya36 wrote:VOTE: votato
I'm scum and votato is my partner. Lynch us to win.
Then claims tippytop townread is partly because someone claimed scum, and scum wouldn't do that....lol.... :shifty:
In post 34, Raya36 wrote:Towniest is you but for very flimsy reasons. Posting a lot,
scum probably doesnt come in claiming scum lol
, also you're trying to break rvs.

Beeboy is my scummiest for not participating in rvs right away. I also remember them coming across very obvtown very quickly last game together and I'm not getting that feeling at all this game. Although last game they were claimed NU.

I can't say much for in between right now but if you really want me to I can try to make a full list in the morning
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

see Elsa talks a big game about no associations, but I can't agree. I looked at Raya's ISO, you see. An unusually high amount of focus dedicated to commenting on Elsa. A bond from beyond? perhaps. or more likely, just scumchums.

Raya-Elsa are scum, I've cracked it!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 191, Raya36 wrote: I'm just gonna put it out there that I'm not for eliminating elsa today. Not just for her not participating yet. Let her talk about AI stuff so we can determine if her excuses are likely true and she's town or if she's scum we can get a better read on her than just "not participating, must be scum". That said: I want participation Elsa!
Well, I mean she
is
participating. She is just by post count in the upper half of the playerlist yet I see no scumhunting, townhunting or any sorting at all or attempts to engage with other people. I think she comes across as weirdly distant in a certain way. I mean if I try to think why she acts as town as she is doing what is she trying to accomplish? If I got the timer correctly in my mind then we are already past the first half of D1.

On another note, do you still feel good with your beeboy vote? After the misunderstanding got cleared up it felt (tonally/by wording) that you were kind of relieved about it's resolution, hence I was wondering if the part about not participating in rvs was still overweighing.

Also what are you thnking about dsjstr? I noticed that you were commenting on any other player that got "wagoned", but you weren't really taking a stance there besides in .
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Testarossa »

I think Nash's is the first thing that I actually like from that slot. It's a pretty good find, just only skimmed it now though, because late. Will read the context in detail tomorrow though, but interested in Raya's response.

I am also inclined to think BM is townmage, possibly independent of Elsa's alignment given his strong conviction to get her lynched that he has displayed now for a longer time.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 194, Nash wrote:
In post 193, maxwell wrote:
In post 189, Nash wrote:124 puzzles me. Four out of the seven reads look like setting up mislynches to pursue in case one of them gained traction, and you know this.
I already explained this, I didn't have solid reads because it was early and found more than a few people could plausibly be scum. I don't write people off as town until I feel I have good reason to. Am I going to have to repeat this over and over? God, this is annoying. At any rate, why do I need to set up 4 mislynches in an 8 player game?
But that's not my point. Raya (as town) pushed a player for a similar reason in one of his most recent completed games, so I wonder how this is any different.
Just gonna quickly intervene and say the player I pushed turned out to be town. I was wrong there.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 198, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 191, Raya36 wrote:
In post 145, Testarossa wrote:
In post 137, Raya36 wrote: Can you explain why because I don't find it as scummy as you do and her recent posts come across as genuine to me.
Genuineness can come from both sides though. Why do you think it comes here rather from town? I assume your change of opinion is based on going by your ?
Yes that's correct. I found her list of reasons to be valid and while it maybe be weak I get a sort of tonal gut read on her being town due to the genuinueity. The last point doesn't really come off as something scum would admit.

In post 159, Nash wrote:Hello. Are we eliminating today?
I'm just gonna put it out there that I'm not for eliminating elsa today. Not just for her not participating yet. Let her talk about AI stuff so we can determine if her excuses are likely true and she's town or if she's scum we can get a better read on her than just "not participating, must be scum". That said: I want participation Elsa!
This is a disgusting misrepresentation of the fledgling Elsa-wagon. And, unrelated but it gives me the creeps when people limply imply lack of participation will eventually be alignment indicative as some sort of threat to get them engaged.

I don't care much for trying to solve the entire game on Day 1, and think that any change of focus away from eliminating Elsa would cause the town to unravel further. I won't be the catalyst for that.
To explain this a bit more I say this because I think Elsa is being genuine and I fully expect her participation to jump up soon.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 206, Testarossa wrote:
In post 191, Raya36 wrote: I'm just gonna put it out there that I'm not for eliminating elsa today. Not just for her not participating yet. Let her talk about AI stuff so we can determine if her excuses are likely true and she's town or if she's scum we can get a better read on her than just "not participating, must be scum". That said: I want participation Elsa!
Well, I mean she
is
participating. She is just by post count in the upper half of the playerlist yet I see no scumhunting, townhunting or any sorting at all or attempts to engage with other people. I think she comes across as weirdly distant in a certain way. I mean if I try to think why she acts as town as she is doing what is she trying to accomplish? If I got the timer correctly in my mind then we are already past the first half of D1.

On another note, do you still feel good with your beeboy vote? After the misunderstanding got cleared up it felt (tonally/by wording) that you were kind of relieved about it's resolution, hence I was wondering if the part about not participating in rvs was still overweighing.

Also what are you thnking about dsjstr? I noticed that you were commenting on any other player that got "wagoned", but you weren't really taking a stance there besides in .
Elsa - I did think her excuses came across as genuine but maybe I'm wrong here. I looked into Mage's case against Elsa and maybe he's right but her response doesn't seem defensive or reactionary. More tonally like she doesn't care which I wouldn't normally expect from scum. Elsa please do something productive. VOTE: Elsa I don't think Beeboy is happening and something needs to happen here. Maybe I'm too quick to pass her off as town for being genuine and not seeming to care.

Beeboy - My Beeboy vote was more about the part that got cleared up. rvs is rvs, I'm not going to let that affect my read much later in the game like now, but I'm still a little worried about how obvtown they were that other game and how they just really aren't coming across that way this game. They were just very very solvey last game. That said about rvs not being super important anymore I don't like where he said that he can't take the reads on him for not participating in rvs seriously. Just seemed like discrediting while acting lighthearted. I moved over to Elsa though because I think my vote will do more there than on Beeboy when it's mainly about rvs.

Dsjstr - I'm kind of null on dsj right now if I recall correctly. I'll read back through his iso tomorrow morning since I'm falling asleep lol. 66 was just speculation though.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by beeboy »

I've been skimming the game but I don't feel like going back so I am going to respond to things on memory.

So I think someone said Maxwell wouldn't do that as scum and how that post comes from town? I kind of disagree, in the last game I played with him he had stronger stances and just approached the game in a far more calculated and consistent way. He was globally scum read in that game and remained pretty calm while in this game it feels like he is flipping out on me despite me being the only player to pressure him. It just doesn't make sense to me, I don't see why he would just throw the great game he played last time away to play like this?? Both games were micros as well so I don't think it's a setting issue...
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by beeboy »

VOTE: Elsa Jay L-1

Fine we won't get Maxwell.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by beeboy »

I'll be honest it's just the setting that is making me solve at my current volume relative to the high volume from before.
The more slots I can zone out while still pushing scum reads the easier for me.

I've never been one to pride myself to read an entire playerlist, I tend to read 40-50% of the players and just let the game work itself out as we get more flips. In a game of this size that just doesn't work, not to mention I kind of just play micros as a more relaxing environment and I do think I am solving to a good degree? I just don't like being in the drivers seat every single game.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by beeboy »

I guess there is just only so much I can do in the given climate? I have 2 scum reads Elsa and Maxwell.
I have 3 strong town reads, Votato, you and Battle Mage.

With those 5 reads alone only Nash and Testerossas are left.
I only have so much I can be doing right now... :|
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 212, beeboy wrote:VOTE: Elsa Jay L-1

Ludicrously scummy move. Seriously. Does no one else see this?
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 194, Nash wrote:
In post 193, maxwell wrote:
In post 189, Nash wrote:124 puzzles me. Four out of the seven reads look like setting up mislynches to pursue in case one of them gained traction, and you know this.
I already explained this, I didn't have solid reads because it was early and found more than a few people could plausibly be scum. I don't write people off as town until I feel I have good reason to. Am I going to have to repeat this over and over? God, this is annoying. At any rate, why do I need to set up 4 mislynches in an 8 player game?
But that's not my point. Raya (as town) pushed a player for a similar reason in one of his most recent completed games, so I wonder how this is any different.
Okay, it looked like your post was addressed at me so I didn't really understand it.
In post 211, beeboy wrote:I kind of disagree, in the last game I played with him he had stronger stances and just approached the game in a far more calculated and consistent way. He was globally scum read in that game and remained pretty calm while in this game it feels like he is flipping out on me despite me being the only player to pressure him. It just doesn't make sense to me, I don't see why he would just throw the great game he played last time away to play like this?? Both games were micros as well so I don't think it's a setting issue...
The environments of those games are fairly different, in that one I was content with being self-sacrificing because even if I was eliminated I could direct town to clear a certain portion of the board, I just needed to be confident in a couple strong townreads. Here I don't have that luxury, I have to actually fight back against a bad case on me. (I'm also just in not as good of a mood, this game's been really frustrating and unfun with the activity levels). I don't think you're remotely close to how you were in that game either, I think when you finally started to break down and analyze people there you pretty quickly showed yourself as town but here both of your pushes have been incredibly weak and your analysis has no depth.

Think Nash from his entry is probtown, Testarossa is starting to look more town, Raya has faded.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by dsjstr »

In post 205, Battle Mage wrote:see Elsa talks a big game about no associations, but I can't agree. I looked at Raya's ISO, you see. An unusually high amount of focus dedicated to commenting on Elsa. A bond from beyond? perhaps. or more likely, just scumchums.

Do you still think they are the scum team based on the new votes?
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by dsjstr »

In post 200, Elsa Jay wrote:Man I feel bad knowing how much effort your putting into scumreading me so hard, even though I'm town.

"I'll keep playing like I am though because altering my personality is hard"

Basically just admitting that they are scum and struggled to sound towny. I am not a fan of how they try to guilt BM for sussing them of being the mafia.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by dsjstr »

In post 211, beeboy wrote:I've been skimming the game but I don't feel like going back so I am going to respond to things on memory.

So I think someone said Maxwell wouldn't do that as scum and how that post comes from town? I kind of disagree, in the last game I played with him he had stronger stances and just approached the game in a far more calculated and consistent way. He was globally scum read in that game and remained pretty calm while in this game it feels like he is flipping out on me despite me being the only player to pressure him. It just doesn't make sense to me, I don't see why he would just throw the great game he played last time away to play like this?? Both games were micros as well so I don't think it's a setting issue...
You don't think that his difference in play style could be attributed to a difference in roles? I am not sure what comment you are referring.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Hm, feel kind of iffy about both votes. Raya's vote is more puzzling to me, like you still seem to think she is town.

Are you not scumreading anyone?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 217, dsjstr wrote:
In post 205, Battle Mage wrote:see Elsa talks a big game about no associations, but I can't agree. I looked at Raya's ISO, you see. An unusually high amount of focus dedicated to commenting on Elsa. A bond from beyond? perhaps. or more likely, just scumchums.

Do you still think they are the scum team based on the new votes?
yes, it would definitely be my first pick.
In post 218, dsjstr wrote:

"I'll keep playing like I am though because altering my personality is hard"

Basically just admitting that they are scum and struggled to sound towny. I am not a fan of how they try to guilt BM for sussing them of being the mafia.
exactly
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 220, Testarossa wrote:Hm, feel kind of iffy about both votes. Raya's vote is more puzzling to me, like you still seem to think she is town.

Are you not scumreading anyone?
i think raya has realised elsa's goose is cooked sooner or later, and sensibly gone for a bus now.

I am ready for the hammer to be dropped!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by dsjstr »

I second that
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 215, maxwell wrote:
In post 212, beeboy wrote:VOTE: Elsa Jay L-1

Ludicrously scummy move. Seriously. Does no one else see this?
putting scum at -1? jury's out as to whether that's scummy.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”