Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 195, imaginality wrote:-but #74 and questioning VP's townread on him in #103 seems town
I never stated a townread on Tanner. Haven't made up my mind there just yet
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Tanner »

that post was me questioning implo's read on me. part of me wants to say that means the team is imaginality/implosion/baltar because why else would he mix up you two, but realistically i know it's probably just a mistake.
your eyes on the city.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.3

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(2)
Lukewarm (28), Aristeia (36)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(7)
numberQ, Tanner, DArby, imaginality, Toogeloo, VP Baltar, implosion

7 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Tanner »

if i were to be a tad more serious, i'd say the cognitive dissonance between listing majorly negative things for baltar and then ending up with a townread on him anyway is somewhat likely to be s/s. i usually dislike doing preflip this early in the game, but the setup kind of supports it, and not sure what else i got right now.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Tanner »

hm. i just realized none of those three are assigned yet. we could shove them into the same location.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 198, Tanner wrote:like, i was reading along, and i started thinking how baltar's posting mostly mech discussion and not many reads, which struck me as somewhat +scum (citation needed maybe, i'll check at some point). then i came to your post, and i thought how it's nice we're mindmelding, and then boom, you're actually townreading him because ???.
Me, a player who is bad at mech, trying to talk to people to better understand the approach to a mech heavy setup in the first 24 hours of the thread is +scum?

Pardon me, but I have a hard time thinking you actually believe this.

Additionally, do you think I am not forming reads from these conversations? You literally just saw me as town in a game where it took me forever to form solid reads, and only after a painful cycling through of some bad reads.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 204, Tanner wrote:hm. i just realized none of those three are assigned yet. we could shove them into the same location.
Looks like a potential town bloc to me. So sure. Where would you put us?

(Also, only two people are assigned, so making a point like that group is avoiding assignment sounds forced)
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Tanner, what's your read on Ari?
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 205, VP Baltar wrote:Me, a player who is bad at mech, trying to talk to people to better understand the approach to a mech heavy setup in the first 24 hours of the thread is +scum?
...no, my problem was that is seemed like you were all-mech no-reads. some-mech some-reads is fine.
In post 205, VP Baltar wrote:Additionally, do you think I am not forming reads from these conversations? You literally just saw me as town in a game where it took me forever to form solid reads, and only after a painful cycling through of some bad reads.
yes, that's the impression i got, the one thing i found to be you explicitly expressing a read on someone was saying implo was townie. the only thing about year reads that i actually remember was that you formed a townlean on me that i thought was way too easy and way too early.
In post 206, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 204, Tanner wrote:hm. i just realized none of those three are assigned yet. we could shove them into the same location.
Looks like a potential town bloc to me. So sure. Where would you put us?

(Also, only two people are assigned, so making a point like that group is avoiding assignment sounds forced)
i want to say gate, so that i don't end up there. other than that, i don't really have any thoughts which is better.

and. uh. where the hell did you get the idea that
that
is the point i was trying to make? like, i think it's pretty clear my thought process was "hey, here's a potential reason on why these three people could be our scumteam" () to "oh shit, they're all unassigned, we can test this theory out!" () i was saying absolutely nothing about it being "scummy" or that you're "avoiding assignment" - like, i am the first person here who's stalling on my own assignment, why would i ever be making that point?
In post 207, VP Baltar wrote:Tanner, what's your read on Ari?
more likely town than not. i realized why my read shouldn't be as simple as "ari is doing a thing that's a potential loss with no gain as scum", since she can always just, walk back. but it still feels sincere in a sense, she's not actually bad at reading me when she's town, so i can definitely see town!motivation in what she's doing - getting us to a same location *and* reading my reactions in the process.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 208, Tanner wrote:you formed a townlean on me
Huh? In this game?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 208, Tanner wrote:where the hell did you get the idea that that is the point i was trying to make?
It was a very clear subtext of what you said. Seemed like you're trying to shade
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 208, Tanner wrote:the only thing about
your
reads
from that game
that i actually remember was that you formed a townlean on me that i thought was way too easy and way too early.
how did i type "your" as "year".
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 208, Tanner wrote:more likely town than not.
My hottest take is that I do not think you and Ari are T/T.

I find the interactions between you two performative. I am not certain who is what yet unfortunately
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 210, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 208, Tanner wrote:where the hell did you get the idea that that is the point i was trying to make?
It was a very clear subtext of what you said. Seemed like you're trying to shade
shade someone for not assigning to a location. when the game is 24 hours old. when i have been adamant in stalling my own assignment. when i have expressed dislike jumping at assignments immediately. when 3 seconds ago i mentioned an unrelated reason for suspecting a team.

my first thought here is that you're
heavily
stretching to accuse me of doing scummy shit. but maybe i'm biased because i know what i meant to say. so, does anyone else read as me shading those three people for not assigning yet?
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 212, VP Baltar wrote:I find the interactions between you two performative. I am not certain who is what yet unfortunately
arisetia likes me (for whatever reason), she does this... every game we play in. what else do you find performative?
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You said you "just realized" we weren't assigned...as if that were some kind of surprising insight to you. You either chose your words poorly, or you were choosing words to make it seem like some kind of 'ah ha' that in reality makes no sense.
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 208, Tanner wrote:so i can definitely see town!motivation in what she's doing - getting us to a same location *and* reading my reactions in the process.
to add to this, keep is literally the worst location for her and me to go to together if she's scum. because there is a real chance that, if she refuses to vote for me on the keep, i start scumreading her because of it, and vote the third person. so again, either she's forced to use the swap on one of us, or she insta-loses the keep for scum.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 19, Aristeia wrote:I think maybe I could go to Keep with you, it would be a fun date <3
In post 20, Aristeia wrote:Where would you like me to go?
In post 21, Tanner wrote:if we're playing seriously - i'd want you to go to gate if you're town. i want you to be town, but it's obviously too early to tell.
In post 22, Aristeia wrote:gosh you can't tell I am town already?
Performative
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 215, VP Baltar wrote:You said you "just realized" we weren't assigned...as if that were some kind of surprising insight to you. You either chose your words poorly, or you were choosing words to make it seem like some kind of 'ah ha' that in reality makes no sense.
i mean, it's not surprising, it's just... the moment i put two and two together. "i have a teamread on three people" > "this setup encourages teamreads" > "yeah, because of the assignments to locations" > "wait, scum loses if all 3 are at the same spot, i have a teamread, and none of them have been assigned yet" > "oh, we can test the theory out!". like, if you had asked me whether any of the three of you are assigned yet, OF COURSE i'd know none of you are. but it took me a moment to realize how that can be used.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Like, maybe this is how Ari is with you all the time...in which case that's meta I don't know.

But if I was in your position, I'd find those kind of interactions with me scummy and pocketing efforts.
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Tanner »

it's not the moment i "just realized" the three of you aren't assigned, it's the moment i realized i can use that to try to force a loss in you indeed are the scumteam. but i didn't type it all out because i figured it's gonna be obvious to everyone that i didn't mean to say that i just figured out what the assignments are.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Do you think implosion/vp/imaginality is a legitimate solve?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 220, Tanner wrote:it's the moment i realized i can use that to try to force a loss in you indeed are the scumteam.
You just realized a major mechanic in the setup that you've already commented is unlikely to actually happen

:shifty:
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 219, VP Baltar wrote:Like, maybe this is how Ari is with you all the time...in which case that's meta I don't know.

But if I was in your position, I'd find those kind of interactions with me scummy and pocketing efforts.
pretty much, yeah. the thing is, i don't see
how
that pocket benefits her. both of us end up at the keep, she votes me, i self-hammer... my townread on her in that scenario is completely irrelevant. it could potentially be a pocket for after she swaps herself or me, but in that case i'd reevaluate anyway.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 221, VP Baltar wrote:Do you think implosion/vp/imaginality is a legitimate solve?
i wouldn't bet my life on it. but it's the only thing so far that actually gave me a feeling of "hey, maybe these three people are scum together", so i don't see the harm in chasing after it. especially as i think none of you expressed any preference in which game you play.
In post 222, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 220, Tanner wrote:it's the moment i realized i can use that to try to force a loss in you indeed are the scumteam.
You just realized a major mechanic in the setup that you've already commented is unlikely to actually happen

:shifty:
it took me a moment to connect "scum lose if all three are in the same place" and "i have three people that i think are scum" into "we can force them into the same location". what's your point?
your eyes on the city.

Return to “Completed Open Games”