Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh as an aside the fever broke again and my body has mostly stabilized, at least for now. It's possible I wasn't "sick", but was having a reaction to the fumes from the work going on outside. I shouldn't need to VLA at all.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Glad you feel better Cres.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Crescent »

Also Gera... It's a lazy approach to just discount strong day 1 reads outright as they're often player and community specific. There's one guy in particular where if I peg him as scum day 1, you just completely obliterate him because I've yet to be wrong on it. Most can't read him at all, but 80-90% of the time I'll have his alignment locked by the time day 1 is over. Some people just soul read other people, and some people just have really good day one radars in general. Those people are admittedly fairly rare, though.

Anyways, his recent posts are vibing me similar to last game. It's a scummy vibe, but it isn't feeling out of character compared to last game where he was town. He didn't really add much last game (the only poster less active than the entire scumteam) and he hasn't really added much now. It's consistent enough for me at this point. Gera said something strangely shady towards someone early on day 2 last game that went nowhere that I didn't like, and I also think he only jumped on that Scorpious wagon because he had already decided through bias to "random vote" for him before the game even started.

I get the feeling he's a low-vote player like me, but he also doesn't really go into detail when he's pushing on someone until you nag him into doing it. Regardless, I'm getting enough of the same vibes at this point to be good with him at the moment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Crescent »

Also Gera... It's a lazy approach to just discount strong day 1 reads outright as they're often player and community specific. There's one guy in particular where if I peg him as scum day 1, you just completely obliterate him because I've yet to be wrong on it. Most can't read him at all, but 80-90% of the time I'll have his alignment locked by the time day 1 is over. Some people just soul read other people, and some people just have really good day one radars in general. Those people are admittedly fairly rare, though.

Anyways, his recent posts are vibing me similar to last game. It's a scummy vibe, but it isn't feeling out of character compared to last game where he was town. He didn't really add much last game (the only poster less active than the entire scumteam) and he hasn't really added much now. It's consistent enough for me at this point. Gera said something strangely shady towards someone early on day 2 last game that went nowhere that I didn't like, and I also think he only jumped on that Scorpious wagon because he had already decided through bias to "random vote" for him before the game even started.

I get the feeling he's a low-vote player like me, but he also doesn't really go into detail when he's pushing on someone until you nag him into doing it. Regardless, I'm getting enough of the same vibes at this point to be good with him at the moment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 201, Elsa Jay wrote:Glad you feel better Cres.
Oops.

When I first refreshed the page it showed nothing, then I posted again and it showed it twice.

Hurray!

Also thank you.

I am very reactive to smoke and to specific chemicals, and there does seem to be a correlation between the work finishing and my symptoms breaking. Like, I can't be anywhere near Lysol or my body will completely malfunction.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Corwinoid »

I agree with for the most part. I'm more town on all three than not, but I'm staying open minded.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 199, Crescent wrote:Getting some serious countershadey vibes from Eiralox here. I point out it's the worse of the two votes on Elsa, and call out the wall as fluff pretending to be substance, only for them to immediately jump to the defense of said wall post and say I'm being defensive, which I haven't been at all. You'd probably have to put me to 4 or 5 votes before you'd actually get a defensive reaction out of me.

Very much want to see that reply to post #182 though... That's the kind of thing I normally catch, too. Scum last game was all over setting up town Gera for a later vote, and town figuring that out is ultimately what nuked said scumteam.. Meuh especially spent almost all game setting him up to "vote later". Shaded him all day 1, then voted someone else she had "no read on". She then plopped on him day 2 early on and never left.

If I had to guess, Alex/Elsa is still T/T and it was just the awkwardness from a difference in approach to the game. If there's any scum in the way that trio interacted, it's Eiralox.
ur going to have to do more than this if you wanna bark up the wrong tree lol. One: Explain your logic about why my vote is worst? I went through the thread logging in, decided Elsa felt most sus to me thus far, read Alex's post and vote, then cast my vote. My 'fluff' post is clearly a summary of folk with less for me to go on, as I have stated. your strong stance on it does not seem town at all, and I won't shy away from stating so: to me it feels scummy.

And point two why I found you feel iffy is the exact point you used to address my fluffocity: I didn't see much hunting from, or anything susbtantive really, except the repeated callbacks to games I never played in have no interest in knowing of... more than half of your posts are Doctor Who timey wimey transportations to a dimension i';ve never been. I don;t see it aiding town, much as i don't get ur issue with my post. i stated it's a summation, i stated it's not a readlist.

Other than Gera, ur the only fish who bit on that post. gera merely wanted to know where they were on my susometer. You though, who i merely said i can't get a read on and don;t get a strong inquisitive vibe from, you railed against and continue to rail against my post as if it is Sauron returned.

So why do you think I think you're acting defensive?

In post 147, Crescent wrote:So to analyze more: Alex's vote on Elsa feels awkward but doesn't particularly come off as scummy. Seems like a "put up or shut up" kind of vote when scum in that situation could've made a much easier vote and gone a lot more under the radar. Unless that's Alex's game it seems like something that just pulls attention.

Oh and I barely ever vote. MM and Carcalily (the only two voteiffs of the game before scum surrendered) were my only two votes of the last game, and I voted neither until <2 days left in the day. When and why I vote is much more important to reading me than who.
And defensiveness can be done in subtle ways, this is not a direct reply to me and it came before your post on my fluffy pink yellow wall of uselessness to town, yet you directly address here me mentioning that u did not vote(which i meant nothing by tbh, just didn't bother to type 'didn't vote' under every name that, well didn't vote.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Alexcellent »

@Crescent, more just for my curiosity - why do you barely ever vote? I'm more just trying to understand the logic behind it and your playstyle
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Crescent »

That entire post comes off as
extremely defensive
. Holy wow.

And I spent several posts last game going over my vote patterns and went into very specific detail about my previous two games. I abridged it this time~

Like, it's a completely provable fact, too. I talked about myself much more last game. If there's any significant difference in my play, it's that my rate of self-meta is much
lower
this game. I'm both posting less and talking about myself less because I'm not in the same kind of "tryhard" mood. That's where the actual argument is. This just comes off as completely overreaching and openly countersuspecting the first person who shaded you.

The issue I'm having now is.. The guy we murdered day 1 last game acted the exact same way as you're acting, and he was town. The moment he got any sus, he violently attacked anyone who sussed him. Scum stayed the hell away from him and just let him attack town.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 207, Alexcellent wrote:@Crescent, more just for my curiosity - why do you barely ever vote? I'm more just trying to understand the logic behind it and your playstyle
Personal preference. I find that

A. People are too vote happy

B. I can pressure people without resorting to votes.

I voted MonkeyMan with ~2 days left in day 1, and immediately
unvoted
when he was pushed to -2, as I feared a careless hammer could occur. When I was challenged to say who would do it, I said Gamma and Vanya.

Someone unvoted for a few hours just to see if I'd get back on and I did. A little bit later they put the vote back to -2. I let it stay that time.

Guess what? Vanya and Gamma hammered within a couple of hours. They were both town. I bloody well called it.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Corwinoid »

I really, really, really hate it when people play every other game they've been in, instead of the game they're currently in.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Eiralox »

this is frustrating. you have not addressed anything.

VOTE: Crescent

i'll be going through all your posts with a finer comb.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Crescent »

But in essence I don't see the need to vote to get the things I need done. Once I've actually voted someone, it is rare my vote will move to anyone else. By that point, that player has reached a high enough scum equity. I have early voted for to pressure people I think are hiding and to make it clear my vote will never move unless they stop, but I don't vote someone when I'm questioning them. I openly sussed and pushed on Gera almost all game and I never had a vote on him. It's how I always play.

My previous town game before that one I placed exactly 4 votes in exactly 4 days. Two of these votes were only placed as "course correction" votes at the very end of days 2 and 3 because people were trying to mind trick themselves onto the worse vote. The third was just me leading the charge against the final scum immediately on day 4 and obliterating him. If I didn't need those votes at the ends of day 2 and 3, I would've voted 2 times all game as town in a game that lasted 4 days.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 210, Corwinoid wrote:I really, really, really hate it when people play every other game they've been in, instead of the game they're currently in.
It was my example of why I hold back on votes. Scorpious was all over me for my mentality last game. He thought it was fake.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 210, Corwinoid wrote:I really, really, really hate it when people play every other game they've been in, instead of the game they're currently in.
It was my example of why I hold back on votes. Scorpious was all over me for my mentality last game. He thought it was fake.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 211, Eiralox wrote:this is frustrating. you have not addressed anything.

VOTE: Crescent

i'll be going through all your posts with a finer comb.
I'm not sure what there is to address in that mass of self-defensiveness that's calling something scummy for the opposite reasons of why it should be scummy?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Crescent »

Basically let's put it in these terms: I'm the only one I can actually trust to be town. That means my own vote is the most important vote in the game. I don't see the purpose in devaluing my vote by flinging it around semi-randomly.

And yes, this is word for word exactly what I'd say regardless of my alignment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyways. To get off this tangent and onto something more important, my gut feeling for no specific reason is that NM is town being an unhelpful dick for the sake of being an unhelpful dick, which is the kind of player I might actually hate the most in all of mafia.

For him to immediately pop in after that mention of him needing a prod and doing nothing at all after feels like a "town who doesn't give a ****" move more than a scum move.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 215, Crescent wrote: I'm not sure what there is to address in that mass of self-defensiveness that's calling something scummy for the opposite reasons of why it should be scummy?
In post 206, Eiralox wrote: One: Explain your logic about why my vote is worst? I went through the thread logging in, decided Elsa felt most sus to me thus far, read Alex's post and vote, then cast my vote. My 'fluff' post is clearly a summary of folk with less for me to go on, as I have stated. your strong stance on it does not seem town at all, and I won't shy away from stating so: to me it feels scummy.

And point two why I found you feel iffy is the exact point you used to address my fluffocity: I didn't see much hunting from, or anything susbtantive really, except the repeated callbacks to games I never played in have no interest in knowing of... more than half of your posts are Doctor Who timey wimey transportations to a dimension i';ve never been. I don;t see it aiding town, much as i don't get ur issue with my post. i stated it's a summation, i stated it's not a readlist.
wait well ok let me dumb it down:

1. you sus me for Elsa vote. offer nothing else and fail to address my request to do so.
2. you call me on a fluffy post which i think is quite decent actually, not in forming reads but in setting some things in stone, while i see 50+% percent of your posts as fluff. No one else complains about my post.

sooo let's wrap it up:

Eira is bad cos: 1. the voted Elsa(why tho? we don't know.
2. Eira made a long post by ISOing everyone they haven't got much of an idea on how they operate, post fluff, Eira bad
3. Eira strikes back

case closed, string me up gov.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Crescent »

And on players I don't like, I don't like George essentially doing nothing but popping a vote on Alex and doing little else but responding to a couple of random things after, two of them from Alex and one where he dismisses Alex's reason for townreading Eiralox. This is pretty much his entire game summed up.

Like, Gibus hasn't done jack but two weird votes, but he also did it with the acknowledgement that his votes didn't really matter. I feel like George acted like his vote was important when he made it, but has put no actual effort into it. It's just there for a cheap reason to be there.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 218, Eiralox wrote:
In post 215, Crescent wrote: I'm not sure what there is to address in that mass of self-defensiveness that's calling something scummy for the opposite reasons of why it should be scummy?
In post 206, Eiralox wrote: One: Explain your logic about why my vote is worst? I went through the thread logging in, decided Elsa felt most sus to me thus far, read Alex's post and vote, then cast my vote. My 'fluff' post is clearly a summary of folk with less for me to go on, as I have stated. your strong stance on it does not seem town at all, and I won't shy away from stating so: to me it feels scummy.

wait well ok let me dumb it down:

1. you sus me for Elsa vote. offer nothing else and fail to address my request to do so.
2. you call me on a fluffy post which i think is quite decent actually, not in forming reads but in setting some things in stone, while i see 50+% percent of your posts as fluff. No one else complains about my post.

sooo let's wrap it up:

Eira is bad cos: 1. the voted Elsa(why tho? we don't know.
2. Eira made a long post by ISOing everyone they haven't got much of an idea on how they operate, post fluff, Eira bad
3. Eira strikes back

case closed, string me up gov.
I called Gera fluffy for the exact same kind of post last game that he made on day 2. Wall posts without reads are fluff.

The only thing I've actually said regarding your alignment is that you're more likely to be scum than Alex and Elsa. I've already said the person last game who reacted as badly as you did to pressure turned out to be town.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Crescent »

So basically, if I were forced to vote right now, it'd be on George, or on Clidd until he gives a reasonable answer to his actions towards Gera because that's a Scorpious-tier contradiction.

I think Gibus and NM will do things... Eventually. I mean, if they want to stay under the vote count of the host, I'm not going to say no to killing them, because that's pretty well inexcusible.

Unowen and the previously mentioned George are a mere one post ahead of him, but an ISO of Unowen doesn't ping me in any way except maybe a little too many questions and a little too few direct reads. I'm fine with that playerslot at the moment. Votes Cori, questions Cori twice. The flow is more natural than George's.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 220, Crescent wrote: I called Gera fluffy for the exact same kind of post last game that he made on day 2. Wall posts without reads are fluff.

The only thing I've actually said regarding your alignment is that you're more likely to be scum than Alex and Elsa. I've already said the person last game who reacted as badly as you did to pressure turned out to be town.
Again you fail to say why you find my vote on Elsa suspicious.

Wall posts without reads are fluff? Who made you the grand arbitor? And you saying your continued allusions to a game i ain't gonna read are not fluff? why not focus on this game? Meta this or that is not enough of an excuse to me for not being wholly in the game.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:56 am

Post by clidd »

In post 180, geraintm wrote:
In post 177, clidd wrote:Actually, we already played together (2021) iirc.

In our last experience you were scum and made me townread your slot for a whole day until I woke up and realized your behavior wasn't town being erratic but just scum being scummy.
I think I am.terrible scum and really easy to spot. I get really panicky (my scum threads are wild swings of emotion)

I didn't know though if you knew my random method of voting was my main thought.
In post 181, geraintm wrote:
In post 178, clidd wrote:There is also a town!Gera game that caused me some mental confusion when I tried to read your slot, but that's before the scumgame.

I haven't played/watched you play since then, so I don't know if your playstyle has evolved but judging in isolation I consider it more scummy-y than towny-y. At least until you actually generate "real" reads.
You are jnlikely to get any real reads from me until day 2, once there is an elimination and whatever info people bring to the table. That is when I start pushing at people.more.
Hum. Nop, I still think you're scum.

Not trying to be rude, but it looks like you're trying to buy time for suggesting that I need to evaluate you later (D2).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:58 am

Post by clidd »

@Vivax

That was a real-time update *meta-based* read (), having ''mini 2190'' and ''mini 2196'' games as references.

The games are old but you can find them by searching geraint's profile or mine.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”