American Revolution Mafia, Hostilities have ceased!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well enough distance has passed between now and my rage as not seeing BC power-lynched on the deciding day that I think I can post here in a civil manner. I briefly skimmed the Dead QT but can’t say that I read it in full so any questions / comments addressed to me there should probably come up here.

--

Thanks first to the Mods for the game. Small hiccup with the Slandaar lynch aside things went smoothly enough. Seeing the full set-up I think it does make sense from a balance perspective. My thoughts on Tammy and Sucrose not being both Town did end up being correct.

MODs – to clarify … would BC’s slot have returned a result that said Town to my recruitment?

Congrats to the scum – while I don’t think you played a Scummy worthy game you certainly played well enough to win which is a credit to your play.

Town I think overall played a crappy game all the way around (myself included). Too many players were not really committed to playing to their Wincon and that allowed scum to blend in seamlessly. Picking out which of those players were terrible Town from which players were scum was just too much of a hurdle to overcome with the general overall low level of Town direct power.

Personally the only lynch I regret supporting was Majiffy’s, and that’s only because it was almost a policy lynch. Had he not immediately started up his “MoI is bussing scum” Day 2 I probably would have been able to focus on other suspects.

Dryfit – welcome to my Mod blacklist. Your play in this game as Town is inexcusable. If you don’t have the time or interest to actually try to fulfill your Wincondition don’t sign up for games.

Tammy – Don’t ever expect to get a pass for low activity based on RL in the future. It may have been the truth but I will never be able to let it happen again based on this game. Otherwise good use of scummy Town PR play to skate by on your claim.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I was waiting for the scolding by teacher :(
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 2025, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Tammy – Don’t ever expect to get a pass for low activity based on RL in the future. It may have been the truth but I will never be able to let it happen again based on this game. Otherwise good use of scummy Town PR play to skate by on your claim.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean? The first week was partly my fault/partly the fault of quicklynches. I didn't read the game in the night phases because I expected to be quicklynched the day Nero was after I messed up my fakeclaim. I didn't expect to come home from work that day to find the lynch had happened. Beyond that every game ive been in this semester has had moments of low activity from me for one reason or another. If you mean me being sick, well there's nothing I could do about that and is not something I would lie about to hide behind anyway. I'm still not completely better, but I feel like I stepped it up after that. I think your was more of a fair assessment though because it went to the heart of the problem I have as scum. But thanks for saying we played well enough to win! Maybe one day I'll stop feeling so damn guilty trying to set people up for mislynches to actually play a really decent scum game.
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 am

Post by Sucrose »

In post 2022, BloodCovenent wrote:
In post 2020, Amrun wrote:
TOWN, HOW DID YOU LOSE THIS? HOW? SON, I AM DISAPPOINT.

i thought about claiming to be the double voter. I was going to go about saying that i was thomas jefferson and that since i had such a large signature on the Dec. of independence, i was was able to vote twice.

that probably would have gone over quite sour though.

This would have gone over very sour, because the guy with the large signature on the Declaration was John Hancock. :lol:
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 2028, Sucrose wrote:
In post 2022, BloodCovenent wrote:
In post 2020, Amrun wrote:
TOWN, HOW DID YOU LOSE THIS? HOW? SON, I AM DISAPPOINT.

i thought about claiming to be the double voter. I was going to go about saying that i was thomas jefferson and that since i had such a large signature on the Dec. of independence, i was was able to vote twice.

that probably would have gone over quite sour though.

This would have gone over very sour, because the guy with the large signature on the Declaration was John Hancock. :lol:

yeah, i woulda fucked that up so hard.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I think balance turned out quite alright Fonz. Good job's all around
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1993, King George III wrote:I told him I couldn't answer that question.

No. You told me that I'd still be seen to have targeted the player even if they were blocked.

Though you guys should have lynched Tammy. Was pretty ticked off that LS found me scummy for finding Jason scum.

In post 2025, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Too many players were not really committed to playing to their Wincon and that allowed scum to blend in seamlessly. Picking out which of those players were terrible Town from which players were scum was just too much of a hurdle to overcome with the general overall low level of Town direct power.

Sheeping MOI here.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 am

Post by McStab »

Just a question, the wincon:

"provided one patriot survives": Did that allude to people who had the actual title "Patriot" in their rolenames? Because I thought it did (everyone having either "Continental Army", "Indian Ally" or "Patriot") after their title. I was thinking that the Expeditionary force only had to kill everyone with the title Patriot on their name, but I guess not since after Washington died everyone with Patriot as their title was gone.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2025, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MODs – to clarify … would BC’s slot have returned a result that said Town to my recruitment?

No. Given the phrasing of your PM, that would have been a direct lie.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2031, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1993, King George III wrote:I told him I couldn't answer that question.

No. You told me that I'd still be seen to have targeted the player even if they were blocked.

"You will follow them in so far as YOU will show up as having targeted THEM." The emphasis was in the original PM. And the rest of the PM can't be forgotten, which said:

The other interpretation of your question seems to us to be basically asking whether Tammy was blocked, just in an indirect way, which I can't answer. Interpretation of your night action results is your responsibility, not ours.
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Sucrose »

In post 2032, McStab wrote:Just a question, the wincon:

"provided one patriot survives": Did that allude to people who had the actual title "Patriot" in their rolenames? Because I thought it did (everyone having either "Continental Army", "Indian Ally" or "Patriot") after their title. I was thinking that the Expeditionary force only had to kill everyone with the title Patriot on their name, but I guess not since after Washington died everyone with Patriot as their title was gone.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I'm curious too.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 2031, Nero Cain wrote:Though you guys should have lynched Tammy. Was pretty ticked off that LS found me scummy for finding Jason scum.

I like responding to six day old comments.

Anyway, believe me, I was pretty upset that I thought Jason was town. You'll see that if you read through the dead QT. :P
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2035, Sucrose wrote:
In post 2032, McStab wrote:Just a question, the wincon:

Yeah, I forgot about that. I'm curious too.

Nah, Patriot's just a flavorful way of saying 'Town player.' I used Patriot/rebel/member of the CA fairly interchangably.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Really disappointed that I flaked from this game since college got in the way, but I'm glad to have been able to play while it lasted (it was pretty fun).

Congrats to BloodCovenant and Tammy (who replaced me) for pulling off a great scum win. I knew you could do it.

@lastsurvivor: We mainly picked you Night One because your kill would be the most beneficial for scum. Later in the game, I started to have this feeling of "why didn't I kill someone that could try to get me lynched later on before it's too late?", but based off you saying you could have gotten me confirmed scum, I'm glad I didn't second guess. Great game BTW, for the short time you lasted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”