Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2137, MathBlade wrote:Denying me reads (or spew if you think I am scum) is anti town.

Keeping focus on my game seems rather pointless.

If you and I are both town you’ll either have to break and vote me or catboi scum has to vote one of us and we hammer.
- who's denying you reads exactly?
- well i'm not going to break so. It'll have to be you or catboi
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

Math: am i scum in the keep to you rn?
If you had to vote someone rn would it be catboi?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2148, skitter30 wrote:keep (with two players i don't know how to read)
Who know that i don't know how to read them
Who i'm afraid of as scum
Who know all of these things abt me
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2136, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2133, MathBlade wrote:What I can tell is that when people ignore me there’s usually a reason so I need to find that catalyst. In that there’s the reason.
If a question isnt directed at someone in particular people might just ignore it. I don't think it has any broader implications and it's reach-y that you're trying to create some
The denying reads is in response to this.

Players were responding to other generalized statements but ignoring mine so I was sorting why.

It’s already increasingly difficult to play in ways I haven’t before. Ignoring posts makes it even more so.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2151, skitter30 wrote:Math: am i scum in the keep to you rn?
As of this second, yes and yes.

But I don’t plan on voting as established earlier. It’d be extremely antitown to do so when Catboi should be the one voting.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2147, MathBlade wrote:I think we see the same reasoning and reach a different conclusion.

I think town!Skitter would want me to vote her. I think her approach isn’t going to make me vote her. I think that’s because she’s not town skitter so she’s not taking a town approach
As scum, her primary and arguably only goal would be to get voted. She would be informed of your alignment, and know that making you not want to vote her is directly counter to her primary goal and gains her very little.

As town, her goals are both to find scum, and to convince the other town in the Keep to vote her. If she is uninformed of your alignment, then her main approach to you will be with the goal of sorting you, not appeasing you. If she thinks you're more likely to be scum, then you aren't voting for her anyway, so you voting her isn't even a concern, and her goal shifts instead to demonstrating to catboi (and others) why you're scum.

Her approach towards you is 100% more of a town approach than a scum approach because it is uninformed of your alignment, it fits with a town mindset of wanting to sort you rather than appease you, and it hurts what her goals would be as scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2154, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2151, skitter30 wrote:Math: am i scum in the keep to you rn?
As of this second, yes and yes.

But I don’t plan on voting as established earlier. It’d be extremely antitown to do so when Catboi should be the one voting.
Actually no

I would vote me.

The premise assumed a not me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2153, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2136, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2133, MathBlade wrote:What I can tell is that when people ignore me there’s usually a reason so I need to find that catalyst. In that there’s the reason.
If a question isnt directed at someone in particular people might just ignore it. I don't think it has any broader implications and it's reach-y that you're trying to create some
The denying reads is in response to this.

Players were responding to other generalized statements but ignoring mine so I was sorting why.

It’s already increasingly difficult to play in ways I haven’t before. Ignoring posts makes it even more so.
How am i denying you anything, i'm making a statement that your prior statement abt nobody responding to your question was reaching.

What does that even mean? What exactly am i denying you here?
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

No one responding to me asking about Chara is in effect denying me the ability to sort it. I can’t bounce off the sounding board to see if my reads are reasonable or not.

It’s not all about you. Please review that with context. It’s this hyper defensive/self centered ness that reads really scummy to me.

I see what Coral is saying but I just reach a different conclusion here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

The original question was about the entire game ignoring the question. The entire game is not scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Coral »

You say you're more of a logic-based person. Can you please explain the logic of how you're reaching a different conclusion here?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

I can't control the fact that nobody respinded to your statement abt chara?

I think that derivihg any meaning out of that lack of engagemt is reach-y, so i said so, yes

The original statement was around since saturday, idk how i'm denying anybody anything ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2160, Coral wrote:You say you're more of a logic-based person. Can you please explain the logic of how you're reaching a different conclusion here?
Premise 1: Town players have a town mindset.
Premise 2: We agree Skitter is not following a town based mindset. (2143) As Skitter is not attempting to get me to vote her she’s not doing what town Skitter would be doing.
Conclusion: Skitter is not town.

How I see your premises:
Premise 1: Scum players try to mimic a town mindset.
Premise 2: Skitter is being antagonistic which is the opposite of a cooperative mindset.
Conclusion: Skitter isn’t trying to look town therefore she is town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2158, MathBlade wrote:No one responding to me asking about Chara is in effect denying me the ability to sort it. I can’t bounce off the sounding board to see if my reads are reasonable or not.
It so far hasn't seemed like you have much intention of bouncing things off a sounding board and actually having any serious reassessment of if your reads are reasonable or not. You've only ever doubled down and taken any pushback as a sign that scum is trying to discredit your correct reads. That makes me disinclined to be interested in putting in the effort to attempt to do so only to result in both of us frustrated with the other and nothing actually changing.

If you would like my opinion, I don't think that the "hedging" was scummy. I'm hedging on the Wall heavily, and I'm town. I'm even hedging on the Keep by trying to sort between which of you and skitter I have fewer doubts on, despite being fairly confident that catboi is the scum. I just don't see it as a scummy thing to do here. I see it as trying to sort and give the full nuance of its opinions. I don't townread it for the post, because it could be scum hedging, but I don't see any reason to assume it couldn't come from town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2161, skitter30 wrote:I can't control the fact that nobody respinded to your statement abt chara?

I think that derivihg any meaning out of that lack of engagemt is reach-y, so i said so, yes

The original statement was around since saturday, idk how i'm denying anybody anything ?
For the tenth time is not all about you.

I was asking the game to get conversation going on a slot I had trouble reading.

Not responding at that moment until I brought it up again is bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

Is bad for the gamestate as a whole.

It means we aren’t talking with each other we are talking through each other.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2162, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2160, Coral wrote:You say you're more of a logic-based person. Can you please explain the logic of how you're reaching a different conclusion here?
Premise 2: We agree Skitter is not following a town based mindset. (2143) As Skitter is not attempting to get me to vote her she’s not doing what town Skitter would be doing.

How I see your premises:
Premise 2: Skitter is being antagonistic which is the opposite of a cooperative mindset.
We disagree on your premise 2. My premise is that skitter is following a town mindset. Break that down further -- what would skitter's mindset be as scum and as town, and why is her current mindset more likely to be scum?

Your assessment of my premises are also incorrect. I think that her trying to cooperate with you as scum would not be due to mimicking a town mindset, it would be to appease you and get you to vote her, because it is incredibly predictable that if she did not, you would scumread her for it. I don't believe that is actually what she would do as town, though.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2163, Coral wrote:
In post 2158, MathBlade wrote:No one responding to me asking about Chara is in effect denying me the ability to sort it. I can’t bounce off the sounding board to see if my reads are reasonable or not.
It so far hasn't seemed like you have much intention of bouncing things off a sounding board and actually having any serious reassessment of if your reads are reasonable or not. You've only ever doubled down and taken any pushback as a sign that scum is trying to discredit your correct reads. That makes me disinclined to be interested in putting in the effort to attempt to do so only to result in both of us frustrated with the other and nothing actually changing.

If you would like my opinion, I don't think that the "hedging" was scummy. I'm hedging on the Wall heavily, and I'm town. I'm even hedging on the Keep by trying to sort between which of you and skitter I have fewer doubts on, despite being fairly confident that catboi is the scum. I just don't see it as a scummy thing to do here. I see it as trying to sort and give the full nuance of its opinions. I don't townread it for the post, because it could be scum hedging, but I don't see any reason to assume it couldn't come from town.
I did have some after the albeit rocky start where you and I play differently and it was literally pudding me off because anytime I tried to play in a way I am used to you’re all like “I have to play this way” so bouncing off ideas at that moment was toxic.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2166, Coral wrote:
In post 2162, MathBlade wrote:

How I see your premises:
We disagree on your premise 2. My premise is that skitter is following a town mindset. Break that down further -- what would skitter's mindset be as scum and as town, and why is her current mindset more likely to be scum?

Your assessment of my premises are also incorrect. I think that her trying to cooperate with you as scum would not be due to mimicking a town mindset, it would be to appease you and get you to vote her, because it is incredibly predictable that if she did not, you would scumread her for it. I don't believe that is actually what she would do as town, though.
I guess I don’t follow your post?

Agreeable = town mindset as town wants to townblock?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Coral »

Not necessarily in this game. Town has different goals here. She as town has it confirmed that exactly one of you and catboi is scum. Her goal here is to sort between which one of you it is. If she thinks you're more likely to be scum (she does), then why would she be trying to townblock with you? She would only be trying to townblock with you if she were scum and were informed of your alignment.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2164, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2161, skitter30 wrote:I can't control the fact that nobody respinded to your statement abt chara?

For the tenth time is not all about you.

I was asking the game to get conversation going on a slot I had trouble reading.

Not responding at that moment until I brought it up again is bad.
You made this convo abt me ... >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

Actually i shouldnt have posted that, sorry
Taking a step back now
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2169, Coral wrote:Not necessarily in this game. Town has different goals here. She as town has it confirmed that exactly one of you and catboi is scum. Her goal here is to sort between which one of you it is. If she thinks you're more likely to be scum (she does), then why would she be trying to townblock with you? She would only be trying to townblock with you if she were scum and were informed of your alignment.
That’s where I think you’re wrong.

I am town and I have confirmed one of Skitter and Catboi scum.
My goal is to ensure a town win in the keep.
I am a fallible person.
Therefore I am not assuming my Skitter scumread is correct. I am pointing out things I find scummy but I don’t have her scumlocked.

I think town her would either A) Be honest she doesn’t have any hard reads
Or B) Vote Catboi

I think she’d be constantly trying to assess my alignment rather than this hyper focused defense of my posts where she is literally ignoring context.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I think A) is much more Townie than B.

While I find Skitter scummy catboi having limited posting is also sus.

If I have to pick one town (that’s not me) it’s catboi at this point but if skitter can show some desire outside of this game it might change.

I just don’t think Skitter has a town mindset end of the day so until she shows me she does that’s where my read is.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Coral what do you think abt the pressure faker put on absinthe to go yo keep?

They're both saying the pressure was strong, but reading through i don't really get that vibe tbh?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”