Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Valern »

:? I've had a town read on Peabody for most of the game, and even after re-reading him in iso after DarthYoshi's case on him came up I still think he's more likely town than scum (but this will depend a lot on how he responds to the sudden pressure on him). I'm also not at all fond of how ridiculously quickly this wagon built up when Trendall is far, far scummier in my opinion.

ICE has moved up to a town read for me. He's had a decent string of solid towny posts.

I'm moderately suspicious of DarthYoshi (for reasons that largely won't matter if he turns out to be right about Peabody as there's virtually no way they're scum together, so I'm not elaborating until we see a reaction from him), so expect to see a case on DY soon if I feel Peabody's response to his wagon is towny.
l'enfer, c'est les autres
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Pine »

FOS: Coaching Peabody's response, and laying groundwork for his defense.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Pine »

^ FOS is directed at Valern

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:25 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

ICEninja wrote:In reading everything Pine has posted, only 1 thing really jumped out at me:
Pine wrote: I noticed this too. Already had a quick post typed up when I noticed we were already on page 2. I've gotta stop relying on the "Go to first unread post" button. I miss new pages all the time.
He seems to try really hard to make it look like he's not sheeping. Doesn't seem like town would worry so much about that.
Bewilderingly singles out Pine, adds something incredibly weak. Let's see if he singles everyone out, or this is just a one-off.

Christmas, too many unnecessary words in posts. I know we all like our little corner in the Internet for mental masturbation (this forum, namely), but geeeeeeez. Or maybe I'm playing with a bunch of English II students or something. Gimme a break.

Pine and Peabody aren't scum together imo. Top of Page 4 seems way unnecessary for two scum.

Lucresia is probably scum. Flail!

Valern still town.
ICEninja wrote:Goodness, this is a mess. It is page 4, Lucresia has fallen apart and claimed at L-2, Valern is asking for more votes on her, and more than 1 would be a lynch.

Lucresia is indeed making a lot of posts and saying absolutely zero relevant things in them. I don't like this. That being said, I don't want to put someone at L-1 on page 4. We've got a player who has a grand total of 1 in his post count, and several players who have contributed little or nothing to the game so far.

I actually don't like lynchking's vote at all. He shows up, and the
only
thing he comments on is agreeing with the leading bandwagon. Sounds pretty opportunistic to me.

Unvote, vote lynchking

Lucresia, stop this...whatever it is you're doing, and find scum. If you are scum, go ahead and continue to post zero content posts.
Post concerning one player, then use a single reason to vote another. Yesscum.

Trendall's unvote of Lucresia is odd.

End of Page 4:
Town - DRK, EA, Valern (stock rising), Trendall (stock falling)
Not-so-Town - ICE, Pine, Romanus
Scum - Lucresia
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:26 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Probably add ICE to the last tier with Lucresia, actually.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:31 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Le sigh.
Pine wrote:The sudden Peabody wagon probably has 1-2 scum on it.
Who specifically, and why? This is a 180-degree turn from your "thank God" reaction to the Peabody wagon in your previous post.
ICE wrote:With the exception of Pine, who has been on Peabody since forever, I don't feel like this wagon has built on any solid foundations.
Rly? Plz explain. If you have a town read on Peabody, I'd like to know what youre reasons are. Similarly, if you don't find Peabody's #212-213 scummy, I'd like to know why.

I will say I do have my own suspicions about the Peabody wagon, but I want to wait for Pine to answer my question to him before I state them, lest I inadvertently lead him.

I will happily vote for Trendall to avoid a no-lynch. If the Peabody wagon fizzles out quite soon, I'll move my vote back, or move my vote to a Valern wagon. I do, however, think that Peabody at this moment in time is a better lynch, and an informative one at that, as this post of your's convinces me that Peabody's alignment may well help us determine your alignment as well.

PEDit: Valern, same question as ICE--I'd like to hear your reasons for a townread on Peabody.
Valern wrote:I'm moderately suspicious of DarthYoshi (for reasons that largely won't matter if he turns out to be right about Peabody
as there's virtually no way they're scum together
, so I'm not elaborating until we see a reaction from
him
), so expect to see a case on DY soon if I feel Peabody's response to his wagon is towny.
Emphasis mine in both instances. By 'him,' do you mean me or Peabody?

Also, potential scumslip also emphasized just before--how do you know there aren't multiple scum factions, Valern?

I eagerly await your case on me.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Fenhl
Fenhl
Goon
Fenhl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Fenhl »

Vote Count 1.9
Erratus Apathos1inHimshallibe
Valern3ICEninjaDeathRowKittyTrendall
Pine1Lucresia
Trendall2ValernErratus Apathos
Peabody4DarthYoshicrazypianist1116RangeroftheNorthPine
Spoiler: more info
Not voting: Peabody
With 12 living players, a majority consists of 7 votes.
The current deadline is Apr 9 04:07.
Mini Normal 1145 ÔÇö Plain Mafia: No replacements needed. If you want me to notify you when a replacement is needed, PM me!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:36 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

PEDIT: Just saw the votecount. Who the hell am I replacing that voted EA...

unvote
Show

:

Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Valern »

@Pine:
If you're going to attack a popular suspect for the sake of attacking a popular suspect, do at least try to not be obvious about it and actually have a base to your accusations. "Coaching"? "Laying groundwork for his defense" (which sounds, btw, like a fancy way of saying "coaching" but meant to sound like something different)? Really? lolwtfno. Sorry. I specifically made effort to
not
say anything Peabody could use to defend himself against DarthYoshi's case, and I will continue to do so until he has responded to it. How in hell is that coaching? :igmeou:

@DarthYoshi:
In the exchanges between Pine and Peabody, I've felt that Pine's accusations have been ill-founded at best and downright scummy at worst. Peabody didn't respond to Pine with OMGUS or act like the "nervous scum" Pine seemed to be painting him to be, but pointed out the scumtells in Pine's actions and then voted him. I also think Peabody was doing a decent amount of scumhunting up until the point where he and Pine started tunneling each other. This could be totally outweighed if he responds badly to the case you've made on him though, which despite the flaws is 110% more solid than anything Pine has said about him.
Emphasis mine in both instances. By 'him,' do you mean me or Peabody?
I meant Peabody.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Lots of vote swings. Good, good.
RangeroftheNorth wrote:The last page or so have been strange.

First, Lucresia's reaction and claim. After her last post, I'm really not sure how to read Lucresia. I still find her behavior suspicious, but the last post was a train wreck, and during the last page, a lot of other people have seemed a lot more suspicious to me.

Next, the strange ICENinja bandwagon. First, Romanus puts a vote on ICENinja with a single sentence for justification. In the next post, Trendall, who had seemed strongly behind the Lucresia wagon, joined him with no explanation for his vote, and no reason for unvoting Lucresia. I found Romanus's vote a little strange, and Trendall's downright baffling. I'd really like to hear his explanation for that vote. Then EA jumps on, simply explaining his vote by quoting passages from ICENinja that don't seem particularly suspicious to me. Then Valern started posting random pictures to justify his vote on ICENinja. I can't decide who on this bandwagon I find most suspicious. Everyone's behavior has been so strange that I don't even know where to start.

Unvote: Lucresia
I'm still not sure about Lucresia, but I really don't want to lynch her yet. I want to get a better read on everyone on the ICENinja bandwagon before we end the day.
Way cautious.
Lucresia wrote: Short list:
Romanus - Leaning towards being town

lynchking - leaning towards scum

ICEninja - hard to get a read on him but even with all the ups and downs of tells I think he's most likely town.

Trendall - pretty confident he's town

Erratus Apathos - not sure...can't get a read on him

RangeroftheNorth - Leaning towards being town

Peabody - Leaning towards being town

Valern - Pretty confident he is scum

DeathRowKitty - pretty confident he's town

Pine - Pretty confident he is scum

AMP - not enough posts for me to get a read on him
Didn't read the long list, but this is just lolzy. Probably a difference in reviewing this all at once and making a list in the heat of the moment, but man, things like the bold are just terrible.
Peabody wrote:
@Rangerofthenorth
- Maybe you missed my question:
Peabody wrote:
Rangerofthenorth wrote:There's really not much to explain.
I initially read the post wrong, and it seemed scummy. Then I read it again
, realized a second, more reasonable interpretation. Asking the question was probably unnecessary, but I asked it impulsively.
A question to Ranger:
Did you reread Erratus' post after you posted #44 or before you posted?
-----------

I'm getting a general town read from ICEninja at this point and do not support this bandwagon.

I do support a Pine wagon. I've noticed a pattern of sheeping and bandwagoning with a splash of inconsistency.
Sheeping
: His vote on me was based off of Erratus' accusation that I was nervous scum.
Bandwagoning
: Although he never ended up voting for the Lucresia wagon, he 'liked' it. That would be the second instance of bandwagoning (the first was on me). That's 100% of his voiced suspicion by the way.
Inconsistency
: His post 78 showed he was pretty convinced I was scum, but in his next post he unvotes, saying my case is stale and I haven't said anything incriminating?

I think this warrants a Pine vote.

vote Pine
oof
Pine wrote:The posts immediately preceding 78 were mostly null reads, followed by a long silence from you. I thought I was clear with this:
Pine wrote:Vote isn't being useful, case is stale, and Peabody hasn't said anything incriminating (or much of anything at all) in a while.
No one else seemed confused by it.

The "inconsistency" regarding Rangerofthenorth was suggested by Lucresia, but your case and hers are so similar I mixed that point up.

I am at least 95% sure that between {Peabody, Lucresia}, we have at least one scum
Will need to check if Pine is voting at this juncture.

End of Page 6: DarthYoshi joins the fray. Seems P Town.

Town - DRK, EA, Valern (stock falling), DarthYoshi
Not-so-town - Romanus, Pine, Peabody
Scum - Lucresia, ICE
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

And I'm done for now, will resume at Page 7 tonight.
Show

:

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Trendall »

inHimshallibe wrote:Trendall's unvote of Lucresia is odd.
Where? I never voted for Lucresia.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

I read Peabody in iso, and lookie lookie lookie what I found.

Here's Peabody's case on Pine:
Peabody wrote:I do support a Pine wagon. I've noticed a pattern of sheeping and bandwagoning with a splash of inconsistency.
Sheeping
: His vote on me was based off of Erratus' accusation that I was nervous scum.
Bandwagoning
: Although he never ended up voting for the Lucresia wagon, he 'liked' it. That would be the second instance of bandwagoning (the first was on me). That's 100% of his voiced suspicion by the way.
Inconsistency
: His post 78 showed he was pretty convinced I was scum, but in his next post he unvotes, saying my case is stale and I haven't said anything incriminating?
Now here's his defense for his lameshit Trendall vote:
Peabody wrote:I know I did not elaborate on my reasoning for voting Trendall. It was a simple bandwagon and sheepish vote because I actually have not reread yet like I said I needed to.
Lolz, he's smothering himself with the same exact turds he was chucking at Pine. So yeah, Peabody is obvscum. Calling the Peabody/Trendall/inHim scumteam now.

UNVOTE: Trendall
VOTE: Peabody
Do you want your possessions identified?
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Valern »

Trendall wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:Trendall's unvote of Lucresia is odd.
Where? I never voted for Lucresia.
There have been over 20 player posts since you last posted. Don't you have
anything
else more useful to say? What do you think of Peabody?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Pine »

DarthYoshi wrote:
Pine wrote:The sudden Peabody wagon probably has 1-2 scum on it.
Who specifically, and why? This is a 180-degree turn from your "thank God" reaction to the Peabody wagon in your previous post.
It isn't a 180 turn. I'm still relieved we're onto the only obvscum, but I'm looking at one or two of the people
leaping
off of the Trendall wagon and bussing the now-likely lynch of their buddy that slipped up. I have no idea which of you it or they are. Two of you were previously town reads, and the third was a null read.
Valern wrote:
@Pine:
If you're going to attack a popular suspect for the sake of attacking a popular suspect, do at least try to not be obvious about it and actually have a base to your accusations. "Coaching"? "Laying groundwork for his defense" (which sounds, btw, like a fancy way of saying "coaching" but meant to sound like something different)? Really? lolwtfno. Sorry. I specifically made effort to
not
say anything Peabody could use to defend himself against DarthYoshi's case, and I will continue to do so until he has responded to it. How in hell is that coaching? :igmeou:
Valern wrote:so expect to see a case on DY soon if I feel Peabody's response to his wagon is towny.
Mostly this sentence. This, combined with your repeatedly-mentioned "Town read" on Peabody, amounts to laying the groundwork for us to expect you to defend him after he responds, so it doesn't sound like you're just coming out of nowhere to try and save a scumbuddy going down in flames. The coaching is in telling Peabody to be careful how he responds to the wagon, and make sure it's as Townie as possible. Saying what you did
ruins
the natural reaction we were all looking for.
inHimshallibe wrote:Will need to check if Pine is voting at this juncture.
I actually started to flake at that point, and got prodded. Hence the lack of vote when I meant to come back with one.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Pine »

Oh. Promised to advertise for this game in sign-ups. Looks fun, need a couple more people.

Going to finish the promised catch-up post after dinner.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Yoshi wrote: Rly? Plz explain. If you have a town read on Peabody, I'd like to know what youre reasons are. Similarly, if you don't find Peabody's #212-213 scummy, I'd like to know why.
I don't have a town read on Peabody, and never have since his terrible case on Pine. 212 and 213, however, in my eyes haven't been enough to convince me of Peabody scum over Valern scum. That being said, Erratus just made a really damn good point against Peabody. He found Pine scummy for bandwagoning, voting sheepishly, and being inconsistent. He's bandwagoned in a sheepish way, and is thus being inconsistent with his reads and opinions. This, in my eyes, is even more damning than his 212.

As a result, I will throw my support behind a Peabody wagon if people promise to take my case against Valern seriously tomorrow.

inHim is pointing out a lot of things that don't really determine alignment. I'll respond to his points against me if necessary when he's caught up, but it's some seriously weak stuff. The fact that he declares Trendall town in 228, says nothing of him in 234, and also calls Valern town in 234 makes me wonder if he's even reading the same game we are. His points against Lucresia are probably even weaker than his points against me. I'm definitely not impressed with this slot so far.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Pine »

He isn't reading the same game. He's still back on Page 7. I -hate- when people do what he's doing.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Peabody »

I actually anticipated this happening as I was writing my post which caused the bandwagon switch. I've played enough games to know that putting someone at L-1 and then unvoting will raise suspicion.

Ah... now to answer the mounting accusations against me. Sorry this is gonna be kind of long.
DarkYoshi wrote:Look at Peabody's actual vote--there is nothing except announcing that the vote is L-1 (which is fine, standard operating procedure), and a demand for a claim. Peabody should NOT have been the one demanding a claim, ICE (or whoever stepped forward to say they were willing to hammer) should have been. Peabody also did not give reasons for his L-1 vote, which is telling, since, well, it's freaking L-1. Now that he has Trendall's claim, he unvotes, and, by the by, very diplomatically concedes that his vote was indeed a sheep vote, and proceeds with a whole bunch of gibberish about how really, he's fine with a Trendall lynch, but still unvotes.

What this says to me is that Peabody put Trendall at L-1 just to get a claim, and that he knows Trendall will flip town and wanted to pre-emptively wipe his hands clean after I threw a little heat his way.
I understand your drift here. You're analyzing my lack of input and filling in my motives. Yes, I did vote Trendall at L-1, and yes, I did want a claim. I did not know I was going to be unvoting Trendall at this point. However, I got to thinking that my vote on Trendall was for all the wrong reasons: I was eager for the day to end, and I was down with the town lynching with whomever they thought was scum. At the time of my unvote, I realized how unproper it was to vote for someone when I haven't fully investigated him. The thing about making cases is that it is simple to pick a person and then decide the reasoning later. If I were to follow through with the Trendall vote, that is exactly what I would have been doing. It's anti-town thinking, and realizing my mistake, I unvoted.
RoTN wrote:Peabody admitted he sheepishly voted Trendall, putting him at L-1, even though he wasn't actually suspicious of him at all. That really reeks to me. Peabody's attacks on Pine all game have seemed a little strange to me. They were incredibly adamant, even in the face of next to no evidence. Now, just a few posts after being called on his sheepish vote on Trendall by DarthYoshi, he's trying to backpeddle off of that wagon as best he can, while still advocating that we lynch Trendall.
Ranger, I still believe my case on Pine is alright although many others disagree. I believe I was onto something when I pointed out his strong accusation against me and then him unvoting without me posting at all. I am sorry you do not agree that my point is even valid. In reference to the post by DarkYoshi, you are right that I changed my mind, but it was not because I am scum. I am not scum, but my reasons for backpedaling were prompted by Yoshi's accusation that I did not have reasons for voting Trendall. After thinking about it, I really didn't have much on Trendall. My unvote was because I realized I was doing just as I said in the above paragraph: I picked a person the town wanted to lynch without having reasoning of my own. Like I said, it is easy to pick a person and then provide reasons for fosing them later. I do not want to do that, and once I realized that was what I was doing, I stopped and backpedaled.

ICEninja's 221: I agree that this wagon has mounted incredibly fast, and I think it's possible scum are jumping on an easy lynch. My vote and unvote of Trendall was completely suspicious, and that piled on my 'weak' cases against Pine are easy ammunition for those who really want to stalk and kill the town at night (and in the day).

Erratus' 237 - Your case was that I am contradicting myself. I agree that my recent behavior has seemed a bit scummy, but if you read my paragraphs above, you see that I caught myself thinking in an anti-town way when I voted Trendall. I realized my mistake, and I unvoted him. The difference between my case against Pine and what I've been doing is that I have actually done some scumhunting by asking questions whereas in Pine's instance, 100% of his voiced suspicion, at that time, were first voiced by other people. When 100% of your suspicion is founded on reasons other town members have presented, it looks scummy. My suspicions and questions have not been that way except for my recent vote on Trendall which I tried to fix by unvoting.

I do not think all sheeping is bad. In fact, if you present a good argument, you should expect people to agree with you. I do not think bandwagoning is bad as long as it is used in a protown way. My initial case against Pine was not solely that he was sheeping or bandwagoning, but it was that his sheeping and bandwagoning were consistent with the level of his scumhunting at that point in the game.

In my instance, however, I felt the need to unvote Trendall because I voted him when I wasn't sure of why I was voting him. Again, this is anti-town. Therefore, I unvoted.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

@Peabody: If you're aware that voting for someone without a good reason is anti-town, then why did you do it in the first place? You say that you were ok with lynching whoever the town thought was scum, which is just a way of attempting to absolve yourself of any responsibility for your actions. Your actions would have been highly advantageous for scum, making them extremely suspicious. You don't even really attempt to deny that.

I'd really like to see more content from Lucresia. Ever since the bandwagon on her ended, she's barely posted at all. She's been V/LA part of that time, but disappearing as soon as the spotlight is off her doesn't seem very pro-town.

Pine has been promising a good, content filled post for three days. I'd like to see that soon. He fixated on Peabody from the beginning, and, besides a few sentences dealing with Lucresia, and saying that he agreed with the arguments against Trendall, he really haven't been doing much scum-hunting or analysis.

Trendall has barely bothered to defend himself, and hasn't done any significant scum-hunting ever. I think I might have been premature in switching to the Peabody wagon. Trendall hasn't bothered to address any of the accusations that were brought against him. Trendall's Post #236, where he doesn't bother to discuss any of the things that are currently going on in the game, seems really scummy. Not so much the post itself, but the complete lack of posting that actually helps the town, while still making it clear that he's reading closely enough to pick out one statement inHim made that wasn't factually correct.

I would be happy with either a Trendall lynch or a Peabody lynch today. I'm also still suspicious of Lucresia and Valern, but I think Trendall or Peabody are more likely to be scum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hey guys! Post coming soon. :)
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Valern »

Ugh, this ended up long again. I'm not doing a very good job of keeping to my "conciseness is pro-town" mantra this game. Consider the bolded parts my version of a tl;dr.

-----

@Pine:
I think you're just mad because I'm not falling for the prime mislynch target of the day and you were counting on me sheeping onto this wagon like the other ones. :P Your "totes coaching" case is terribly weak, and
you didn't even respond to my point that I specifically avoided saying anything about DY's case on him.

Pine wrote:The coaching is in telling Peabody to be careful how he responds to the wagon, and make sure it's as Townie as possible. Saying what you did ruins the natural reaction we were all looking for.
^ That? I don't even count that.
Anyone who's not a complete moron knows to respond to a wagon on them carefully and as townily as possible as either alignment.
Your "coaching" case is complete, unabashed bullshit, and letting everyone know my read on a player and that I fully intend to defend that player if I think their reaction isn't scummy ... isn't scummy. As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;)

------

But yeah, as Pine BRILLIANTLY PREDICTED :roll:,
I still don't think Peabody is scum.
It just doesn't add up right.

If I stuck Peabody's iso #13 and #14 in a vacuum, hellz yeah I'd think he was scummy.
But the fact of the matter is, we have to look at the bigger picture.

If Peabody is scum, Trendall is more likely town than Peabody's scumbuddy, and I will absolutely eat my hat if Trendall is town.
There's just no way. I will accuse the mod of lying about the flip before I will believe a Town!Trendall flip.

But even regardless of Trendall's alignment,
I don't see any motivation for Scum!Peabody to unvote at that point that makes sense.
A smart Scum!Peabody probably would have bussed Scum!Trendall super hard because at that point Trendall's wagon looked pretty close to inevitable, and if he was going to not vote his buddy I would think any scum with a lick of sense would have avoided voting and then unvoting. Likewise, a smart Scum!Peabody probably would have kept his vote on a Town!Trendall and then lurked the rest of day and worried about washing his hands of the mislynch vote tomorrow (probably by pushing my mislynch next given that so many people seem to be at the very least okay with the idea).

This leaves the very obvious possibility that, maybe, Scum!Peabody just isn't very smart. And maybe that's a possibility, but I like to think I'm pretty good at reading people and I don't think he's an idiot, or at least not the kind of idiot that would vote/unvote a popular wagon and then give such a weak reason for doing so as scum.
I've got a strong gut feeling of, "it's such a lame reason it
must
be true" going on with that whole "I unvoted because my vote was anti-town" thing.

Next, we've got Pine.
If Peabody is scum, Pine is probably not scum with him.
Similarly, I will eat my hat if Pine isn't scum, but I'm a little less sure of him than I am of Trendall at the moment. Pine has not only sheeped on cases but spent pretty much the entire game so far tunnelling on Peabody for what were, until very recently, pretty weak reasons, to the point that it got distracting.
I get the feeling the only reason he even bothered FOSing me when he said little or nothing about me before that
(despite me making it very clear I suspected him)
was to try to ingratiate himself with the crowd of people who think I'd be a good second or third choice for a lynch
(most of whom I think are town, so it definitely makes sense that scum!Pine would try to get in their good graces).

Then, there's the fact of how quickly the Peabody wagon sprung up and the Trendall wagon dissipated.
This makes a lot more sense if Peabody is town than if he's scum. If he's scum, then I'd be willing to bet that both of his buddies are probably on his wagon bussing him, and considering there's no way Pine is one of his scumbuddies given his and Peabody's earlier interactions and I have townish reads on everyone else on the wagon except for DarthYoshi, that probably means several of my town reads are wrong.

This is going to sound incredibly cocky, and I apologize in advance for that. (side note: geez, I end up apologizing for my cockiness in almost every game I've ever played, here and offsite. It's becoming a trend. e.e) But,
if Peabody is scum then, as I see it, at
least
four of my reads are dead, flat-out wrong, and I'm just NOT willing to accept that I've gotten that bad at this game.
:shifty:

Also, one more thing.
Peabody dropped something I view as a pretty strong town-tell in the early pages of the game
, and it's part of the reason I'm willing to continue defending him now even when half the game thinks both of us are scum. I wasn't going to say anything about my find, because if I tell people I have a secret town-tell, they want me to tell them what it is before they'll believe me, but if everyone knows what it is, it ceases to be a town-tell. But it's there, I definitely saw it, and I'll share it and why it works in post-game if we win. :P

----

I realize that, in all likelihood, no one is going to listen to a word I just said, at least not right now. Peabody will probably get mislynched, and if I'm actually on the right track I'll probably get NKed, or if I'm on the wrong track I'll probably get left alive to get mislynched Day 2 (and Trendall and Pine will lurk through the day and no one will particularly notice or care until it's too late). In that case, I ask one thing and one thing only:
if you're not willing to listen to me now, please for the love of whatever gods you believe (or don't) in, come back to this post when Peabody and/or I am dead. And then lynch Trendall and/or Pine at your earliest convenience.

/soapbox
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Ehhh, I actually like 243.

UNVOTE: Peabody
VOTE: Trendall
Do you want your possessions identified?
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Valern »

Ehhhhh. I forgot to mention.

@Mod: V/LA tomorrow (I haven't been to bed yet, so I mean the 7th) and the 8th. I have out-of-state family in town and they obviously take priority over mafia games. :P

I will definitely check in if I have time, but I can't make any promises. :/

I also haven't forgotten about my promised case on DY. My post earlier was long enough
without
getting into all that. xD But yeah, that'll come if my read on him is still the same as it is now (possible third scum, but not nearly as scummy as Trendall or Pine, and tbh I'm not sure how much sense a Trendall/DY team makes so I'll have to sort that out in my head and probably do some re-reading) when I come back. I'm really hoping DY has responded to Peabody, Lucresia has posted something of actual worth, and Trendall's responded to my question on his stance on Peabody by then.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Sorry this post took so long. I got a bit sidetracked. :)

Unvote: Valern

I don't think Valern is scum. It's partly his most recent post. In fact, it's largely that. It was a good post.

The Peabody wagon built up really fast. I'm not suspicious of the wagon for building up so quickly though. I would actually be more concerned if it built up slightly less quickly. Four votes in five posts (the fifth post being a double post) is something scum simply wouldn't want to be associated with. Can't say I agree with the wagon though.

I know I've already moved between Valern and Trendall once, but I'm going to do that again here.

Vote: Trendall

It's mostly for reasons EA brought up. This post. It really seems like poorly-disguised self-preservation, especially when taken in combination with his next few posts after it. It really seems like he's trying his hardest to create a position for himself relative to ICEninja that would make his following of ICE make sense and it isn't working.

I'm going to reserve judgment on inHim until he's caught up. Aside form that, my reads haven't really changed since I last posted them, as far as I can remember.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”