Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:17 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 224, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 212, Wake1 wrote:So where do you currently stand on TTH, BBT?

I think she is town

For any reason other than the previous case against her being pretty bunch bunk?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:17 am

pretty much*
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 225, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
For any reason other than the previous case against her being pretty bunch bunk?

I think I was suffering from conf. bias the moment I got my role PM. Her responses seem town and I think she was genuinely suspicious of my activity in the neighbour thread.

Also, despite pressure building between the two of us, she was still scum-hunting elsewhere as well.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 am

In post 227, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 225, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

I think I was suffering from conf. bias the moment I got my role PM. Her responses seem town and I think she was genuinely suspicious of my activity in the neighbour thread.

Also, despite pressure building between the two of us, she was still scum-hunting elsewhere as well.

I agree with all of this.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 221, Anatole Kuragin wrote:None of this is especially pro-town, evidence based reasoning.

Uh, Anatole, it's Day 1. We don't have any evidence to work with. All we've got are our questions, suspicions, and paranoia.

In post 224, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 212, Wake1 wrote:So where do you currently stand on TTH, BBT?

I think she is town

Alright. And why, please?

How strong of a Town read?

I ask because you came out of the gates voting for her and saying she Scum-slipped, and now you have her as Town.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Wake1 »

I don't think my earlier analyses are being read, so I'm changing my Town gameplay.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:29 am

I've read all of your analyses this game which range from insightful to goofy conspiracy theories and elementary, illogical associations.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:31 am

In post 229, Wake1 wrote:
In post 221, Anatole Kuragin wrote:None of this is especially pro-town, evidence based reasoning.

Uh, Anatole, it's Day 1. We don't have any evidence to work with. All we've got are our questions, suspicions, and paranoia.

There is evidence, it's just harder to find and it's harder to discern which evidence indicates scum or just anti-town town behavior.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:31 am

If you believed there was no evidence at all you wouldn't have any reads.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:33 am

I ask because you came out of the gates voting for her and saying she Scum-slipped, and now you have her as Town.

Why are you asking questions you know have been answered?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 231, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I've read all of your analyses this game which range from insightful to goofy conspiracy theories and elementary, illogical associations.

In post 232, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

There is evidence, it's just harder to find and it's harder to discern which evidence indicates scum or just anti-town town behavior.

Is it objective or subjective?

What do you consider to be indicative of Scum?

The reason I ask is that you seem choosy over what's Scummy and what isn't. Iirc you made it seem as if I had no evidence or reason to suspect the Neighborhood issue was actually two Scum doing a gambit. What is your personal system in measuring what's Scummy and what's anti-Town?

By the way, do you think posts/sentences sounding fake or hollow is Scummy or anti-Town? How about refusing to be a team player and helping Town? I want to better know what your preferences are when you play the game.

In post 233, Anatole Kuragin wrote:If you believed there was no evidence at all you wouldn't have any reads.

In post 234, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

Why are you asking questions you know have been answered?

I'm not going to read through pages to find your supposed answer. If you're Town and you care about helping other Townies know what you know, you'll be a team player and not resist helping the Town. That's very anti-Town of you and you should do what you can to help. If you ask me something I've answered days ago, I will answer you again, because it'd be helpful and being a team player, while also taking into consideration that thoughts and answers change over time. Reads can change over a matter of hours.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:59 am

I answered it on this very page.

Are you reading this game?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 236, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I answered it on this very page.

I guess I didn't see it because it was directed towards Anatole.

If you had quoted my question and said so I would have known.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:19 am

In post 237, Wake1 wrote:

Are you saying you only read messages that are in direct response to you or contain your username?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 238, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

Are you saying you only read messages that are in direct response to you or contain your username?

Absolutely not.

It would help me know you've answered a question of mine if you quote my question and then answer it.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:32 am

In post 239, Wake1 wrote:
In post 238, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

Absolutely not.

It would help me know you've answered a question of mine if you quote my question and then answer it.

If you were actually reading the game you would have seen that your question had been answered before you even asked it.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:19 am

In post 235, Wake1 wrote:
In post 231, Anatole Kuragin wrote:I've read all of your analyses this game which range from insightful to goofy conspiracy theories and elementary, illogical associations.

In post 232, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

Is it objective or subjective?

What do you consider to be indicative of Scum?

The reason I ask is that you seem choosy over what's Scummy and what isn't. Iirc you made it seem as if I had no evidence or reason to suspect the Neighborhood issue was actually two Scum doing a gambit. What is your personal system in measuring what's Scummy and what's anti-Town?

By the way, do you think posts/sentences sounding fake or hollow is Scummy or anti-Town? How about refusing to be a team player and helping Town? I want to better know what your preferences are when you play the game.

Being in a neighborhood is not inherently scummy, so just assuming the neighborhood is doing a gambit or that it's two scum doing a gambit involving one of them immediately voting the other has no evidence to support it. If there is a simpler explanation that makes as much or more sense and there is literally nothing else to suggest otherwise besides that it is *possible*, I'm going to go with the simpler explanation and opt to find scum based on scumminess instead.

Scumhunting is situational and lots of times things that look scummy are not scum motivated and vice versa. Pursuing cases for no reason is not pro-town, which means it may or may not be scum-motivated.

What specifically are you taking issue with that I said was/wasn't scummy that you disagree with so we don't have to waste time talking in hypotheticals about an entirely situational process?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:09 am

Post by massive »

Question to those of you who are more recent additions to the site but have played more than a few games: How common is "neighbors," as a whole? I left in 2007 or so and it was not, as far as I can recall, even a named role at that time. I had to look it up the first time I encountered it. Is it common enough that a gambit could even be built around it? And, if so, doesn't that preclude the existence of an actual neighborhood, at least in a game this size?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 241, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
Being in a neighborhood is not inherently scummy.

I never said that.

Why are
you
saying that?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

Being in a neighborhood is not inherently scummy, so just assuming the neighborhood is doing a gambit or that it's two scum doing a gambit involving one of them immediately voting the other has no evidence to support it. If there is a simpler explanation that makes as much or more sense and there is literally nothing else to suggest otherwise besides that it is *possible*, I'm going to go with the simpler explanation and opt to find scum based on scumminess instead.

Scumhunting is situational and lots of times things that look scummy are not scum motivated and vice versa. Pursuing cases for no reason is not pro-town, which means it may or may not be scum-motivated.

What specifically are you taking issue with that I said was/wasn't scummy that you disagree with so we don't have to waste time talking in hypotheticals about an entirely situational process?

I'm saying loud and clear that those two could be Scum, and quoting parts of their QT/PT to make it look like they are part of a Neighborhood, when they really aren't. I asked DP directly if Scum could quote their QT/PT and lie about where it came from, and he would not answer it clearly. That tells me something. It tells me it's possible. Likely? I don't know. But possible? Absolutely.

Anatole, if I feel something is off, I'm going to pick at it, and look for little threads to unravel. If you would, please don't be obstructionist in me searching for the truth. Unless, of course, if you're Scum. In that case keep doing so for when players start flipping. It just isn't sitting well with me these shenanigans involving the Neighborhood, and even if not both are Scum, then it's still on the table that one of them might be, especially with their quarrel during the game's start. If BBT is indeed Town, apparently he felt strongly enough to out his Neighborhood while flying out of the gates.

Also, please be a bit more concise and less confusing with your words. I don't want to feel as if you're Scum who is trying to muddy the waters.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 am

In post 244, Wake1 wrote:

I'm saying loud and clear that those two could be Scum, and quoting parts of their QT/PT to make it look like they are part of a Neighborhood, when they really aren't. I asked DP directly if Scum could quote their QT/PT and lie about where it came from, and he would not answer it clearly. That tells me something. It tells me it's possible. Likely? I don't know. But possible? Absolutely.

Anatole, if I feel something is off, I'm going to pick at it, and look for little threads to unravel. If you would, please don't be obstructionist in me searching for the truth. Unless, of course, if you're Scum. In that case keep doing so for when players start flipping. It just isn't sitting well with me these shenanigans involving the Neighborhood, and even if not both are Scum, then it's still on the table that one of them might be, especially with their quarrel during the game's start. If BBT is indeed Town, apparently he felt strongly enough to out his Neighborhood while flying out of the gates.

Also, please be a bit more concise and less confusing with your words. I don't want to feel as if you're Scum who is trying to muddy the waters.

I can't be obstructionist if I don't know what you're even trying to figure out. You're obstructing yourself by asking obtuse questions and trying to vilify me for pointing that out. How is that benefiting anyone?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:27 am

In post 243, Wake1 wrote:

I never said that.

Why are
you
saying that?

What the fuck are you even saying? I very clearly said the opposite of that.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:27 am

In post 244, Wake1 wrote:
If BBT is indeed Town, apparently he felt strongly enough to out his Neighborhood while flying out of the gates.

No, I didn't.

Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:27 am

What is confusing about my words?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 246, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 243, Wake1 wrote:

I never said that.

Why are
you
saying that?

What the fuck are you even saying? I very clearly said the opposite of that.

You opened your post by saying "Being in a neighborhood is not inherently scummy, so..."

I never said anything about Neighborhoods being inherently Scummy, so I don't understand why you brought that up.
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”