sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by sekinj »

@tenchi - hate to break it too you, but I don't think you are making a ton of sense either. Please explain it to us like we are third graders if you must.

vote count

popsofctown (4): peter?, soveliss, doc, tenchi
tenchi (2): popsofctown, wall-e
soveliss (1): budja
doc (1): seraphim
budja (1): zazier

not voting: hp[leaves], sekinj, blueheaven

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Explain it to me like a second grader though, i haven't graduated to the third grade yet. :P
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I have decided to
INITIATE A DEADLINE!!!!!

Deadline is approx 10 days from now. So around 8 pm
Australian
eastern standard time on the 16th of december.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

so are you prodding/replacing peter??
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Doc »

Dear Guise. pops is ofcscum. Plz vote him.

Thanks! Much love,

Doc
I rock- Doc
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Who else needs prods/replacements?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ThAdmiral, Seraphim, who has actually been gone much longer than Peter
"Well, I..."
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Tenchi wrote:
Wall-E wrote:Tenchi: Where did I discuss M word after saying I'd drop it?
I didn't need YOU to say it. It was pretty obvious on Page 6-7 that doing so is NOT helpful, yet you still did it.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 82#1376082
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 88#1376788
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 83#1376983
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 26#1378226

Pops was persecuted for doing it once, why do it again?
(I even skipped some posts which quoted the information on those posts)

Either you selectively read, forgot, or one sneaky scum.
Bigger FoS: Wall-E
for trying to weasel your way out of it.

You did it. Admit that you did something wrong and possibly scummy. And admit it that it does deserve suspicion at least.
I have been busy these past few days. My point was this: "Either you selectively read, forgot, or one sneaky scum."

I outlined four posts in which we discussed that discussing or speculating who is mason at this point in time is not helpful. Those were written in pages 6-7, and I skipped over some other posts who quoted those posts. You speculated about Pops being mason at page 8.

This means that you, as one of the active players couldn't and shouldn't have missed the point of speculating mason thingies is bad for town.

So again, "Either you selectively read, forgot, or one sneaky scum."
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Soveliss
Soveliss
Townie
Soveliss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Soveliss »

I think it would be best to drop the mason thing as trying to build a case on someone using this is pointless.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What should cases be built on then, soveliss, right now?
"Well, I..."
Soveliss
Soveliss
Townie
Soveliss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Soveliss »

I was thinking on you.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why are you voting me right now Soveliss?
"Well, I..."
Soveliss
Soveliss
Townie
Soveliss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Soveliss »

I believe it was because of your weird voting, where you were unvoting and revoting almost every post. Not strange in itself but you kept voting the same person. Seemed like you were trying to push attention on the person you were voting on.

Then I believe it was you who started the whole mason thing.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Seraphim »

After a quick reread of the game, I seems to me that I don't like Pops. At all. More in-depth reread to follow, but for now, his entire voting/revoting thing + the entire Mason discussion reeks of scum. I won't put my vote down until my second reread is complete, however.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:34 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Uhh, Pops, why did you revote tenchi twice?
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

It looks likely i'll be the days lynch, so i think i'll do the best i can and try to flag some scum before i go down. Please, hopefully, wait until the deadline or close so i can reread and analyze as much as i can, try to find some suspicious people. Remember folks, even if i were 100% scum, there would
still
be benefit to looking around town before making the lynch, because we can flag people that are suspicious so opposing scum factions can nightkill eachother.

Doc wrote:Dear Guise. pops is ofcscum. Plz vote him.

Thanks! Much love,

Doc
I have a picky freudianish tell here. I've done one before, and it was right, so i have a little bit of faith in them.

Note how this joke post is in the form of a letter to another group. "Dear guise". Not a group he is already with and among. Then he says "Plz vote him." Again, it's like he's asking a favor from a seperate group or body.
The lack of us/we language here is not good. There's not a joke post here with "cmon, we arr smarter than savajes" or something, rather there's one that addresses a separated group.

It's sort of like he's slipped that he's asking for the lynch as a gift he would like to "plz" have from the town, because it eliminates a member of the faction against him. (because Doc does in fact think i'm scum, though i'm not).

FoS: Doc
"Well, I..."
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 am

Post by ZazieR »

Budja, how many votes do you need to get before you start answering my questions?

Pops, if you don't mind I'll react later to your post 198. I'm busy catching up with some games. I hope you don't mind. (Happy B-day and congrats on winning if I'm correct your first game)
Although I'm still waiting on your analysis of P?'s post.

I'm sorry, I will give more comments later. When I see the posts, I'm thinking of what I can say. I know what to say, but every time I try to clearly give my thoughts, I fail. I'll finish my thoughts tomorrow.
Ignore the ''R''
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

thanks and thanks.

I sort of analyzed P?'s post once, i'll do it again.
"Well, I..."
Soveliss
Soveliss
Townie
Soveliss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Soveliss »

popsofctown wrote:It looks likely i'll be the days lynch, so i think i'll do the best i can and try to flag some scum before i go down. Please, hopefully, wait until the deadline or close so i can reread and analyze as much as i can, try to find some suspicious people. Remember folks, even if i were 100% scum, there would
still
be benefit to looking around town before making the lynch, because we can flag people that are suspicious so opposing scum factions can nightkill eachother.
These kind of posts really bother me. When I see them they just scream 'scum in danger' to me.
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Doc »

popsofctown wrote:
Doc wrote:Dear Guise. pops is ofcscum. Plz vote him.

Thanks! Much love,

Doc
I have a picky freudianish tell here. I've done one before, and it was right, so i have a little bit of faith in them.

Note how this joke post is in the form of a letter to another group. "Dear guise". Not a group he is already with and among. Then he says "Plz vote him." Again, it's like he's asking a favor from a seperate group or body.
I don't see how that's scummy. I was addressing the people not voting you. I am voting you. Why should I include myself?
pops wrote:The lack of us/we language here is not good. There's not a joke post here with "cmon, we arr smarter than savajes" or something, rather there's one that addresses a separated group.
You're saying there's a structure for joke posts that I should have adhered to? Why should I have included a "cmon we arr smarter than savajes" type sentence? What purpose would I have strived to achieve then? I'm just asking for more votes on you because your wagon needs more votes.
pops wrote:It's sort of like he's slipped that he's asking for the lynch as a gift he would like to "plz" have from the town, because it eliminates a member of the faction against him. (because Doc does in fact think i'm scum, though i'm not).
I'm asking nicely for votes on you. Since when is it a scumtell to say "please"?

I'm sorry, but all these points are BS. You're flailing because I've got you figured out, right? ;)
I rock- Doc
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Doc »

Also, happy birthday, scum!
I rock- Doc
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

Skip argument ad hominem Doc. True or false, it helps the town if we keep this game long and continue examining all players?
"Well, I..."
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Doc »

Where did I ad hom, aside from the obvious "happy birthday scum" joke?
pops wrote:True or false, it helps the town if we keep this game long and continue examining all players?
True. Your point?

And it would be nice if you actually addressed my questions instead of categorizing my whole post as ad hom.
I rock- Doc
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Sorry. It's not actually ad hom, but it can be read that way kind of... you didn't comment directly on the idea which i took as disapproval.

You should include yourself in a statement like that because you are part of the town, and making a decision together... but i didn't consider the possibility of isolating yourself from nonvoters, which makes my freudian tell weaker. It wasn't really strong enough to do more than prod a reaction with it.

I await Seraphim's post, he needs to contribute and it sounds like maybe he's actually been here the whole game.

I have about ten zillion outstanding questions to answer right now i think. Anyone want to remind me the most urgent one?
"Well, I..."
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Two things:
popsofctown wrote:Skip argument ad hominem Doc. True or false, it helps the town if we keep this game long and continue examining all players?
What's ad hominem?
An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject. - Wikipedia

2. Next, I don't get Pops' question. I mean it has an obvious answer, so why ask it?
popsofctown wrote:It looks likely i'll be the days lynch, so i think i'll do the best i can and try to flag some scum before i go down. Please, hopefully, wait until the deadline or close so i can reread and analyze as much as i can, try to find some suspicious people. Remember folks, even if i were 100% scum, there would
still
Oh yeah another thing, if Pops feels or is subdued by the fact that he seems to be lynched, why can't you (pops) give a list of suspicions now considering you are active and have been reading most of these posts? If he was town trying to change our mind, he needs the time to let the town decide properly whether to finally lynch him vs the cases he is putting up, instead of leaving it to the last minute (i.e. "wait until the deadline"). If you are doing it Pops, give your suspicions now (which will probably include me).

Also, if you turn up scum, your final suspicions will be full of WIFOM. And will probably include cr*p that will protect your partner. I'm wary of that.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”