BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:10 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Mine
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:10 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 2248, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm sorry? In what way does that respond to my post on Penguin?
I responded to the meta portion of it, obviously.
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2198, Bellaphant wrote:Your thinking just feels really divorced from what was happening around it, like...who were you the counter to, what was happening with frog/ceph, why did your lack of contributions stick out more than say...toogs/corwins/whatever, rather just onto discrediting it. I used worried as it feels like you are using it a bit to avoid progressing the game, it feels backwards focused rather than forward.

Also, your response reminds me a lot of the response to my shit vca.
In post 2199, Bellaphant wrote:It feels strange to me that you seem to be not really engaging with the fact that your counter was ceph, who you also don't want people to vote. I actually share 2/3 of your other scum reads, so this point bugs me.
These posts really bother me. Ceph you probably get why.

Framing Ceph as BBT's counterwagon (or vise versa) is just factually incorrect in the context of the game. Which is strange because Bella spent a few posts telling BBT how they were ignoring the context of the naked votes they quoted. Like, they were independent of each other and if you're a player that puts stocks into scum driven counterwagons then Frogster is the correct contextual choice in that scenario.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2248, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm sorry? In what way does that respond to my post on Penguin?
I was suggesting you vote for him? Didn't look like you had.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:16 am

Dunnstral tried to discredit town reads on Bell ()
Then he TR Enchant when almost her entire ISO is naked votes. He also gives a LAMIST comment of 'I'm not giving anyone a pass' ()
Then comes his over explained vote on me. SR me for confusing flavour/alignment (I was second to do it he says, so what about first and 3rd, are they scum, too?) Why am I different to the other two? SR me for saying we shouldn't be flavour claiming - completely NAI post and I believe Luke seconds this(?) so again, what's different? Then adds in that I'm naked voting people even though he is TR Enchant who has spent the entire game doing so.

PEdit - @Dancing, I didn't mention meta in my read on Penguin. What are you talking about? I clearly stated what I didn't like about Penguin and it happened in this game.

@T-Bone - I was voting Penguin. Now I am voting Dunnstral.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:19 am

Post by T-Bone »

Must have missed the vote. For what it's worth I would agree much more with the Penguin vote than Dunn, I think he's been pretty townie.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

What do you think about Bellaphant right now?

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:21 am

She's town
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2230, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 2223, Klick wrote:
In post 2190, Bellaphant wrote:(I tried to call you!)

Do you always move your vote around this much?
Not always, only when I'm not really sure what I want. :P

I'd like to know how you're reading BBT's current page content btw.
:P yeah, that wasn't toned, it just feels very noticeable from you and I don't really remember you doing it a bunch on other games.

With bbt I'm just a bit ....bemused? Their reaction to me was massively out of proportion (horrible post, what the fuck), but their climb down was super quick too? I don't know whether it's more town or scum - would scum have contit to argue, or just realised that I was presenting the truth? I am worried they haven't responded to the few things I said about how it reminded me of their scum game with me.
It's a criticism I've received before as town. I can't remember what games, but it was somewhat recent.

I'm going to do it again now :P

VOTE: BBT

I think his interaction with you is pretty bad. I read it as him trying to manage his own perception rather than genuinely questioning your read on him.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:29 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2254, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Dunnstral tried to discredit town reads on Bell ()
Then he TR Enchant when almost her entire ISO is naked votes. He also gives a LAMIST comment of 'I'm not giving anyone a pass' ()
Then comes his over explained vote on me. SR me for confusing flavour/alignment (I was second to do it he says, so what about first and 3rd, are they scum, too?) Why am I different to the other two? SR me for saying we shouldn't be flavour claiming - completely NAI post and I believe Luke seconds this(?) so again, what's different? Then adds in that I'm naked voting people even though he is TR Enchant who has spent the entire game doing so.

PEdit - @Dancing, I didn't mention meta in my read on Penguin. What are you talking about? I clearly stated what I didn't like about Penguin and it happened in this game.

@T-Bone - I was voting Penguin. Now I am voting Dunnstral.
Dumb but i think BBS looks townie from this.

It's not like i gonna follow this though.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:29 am

In post 2255, T-Bone wrote:Must have missed the vote. For what it's worth I would agree much more with the Penguin vote than Dunn, I think he's been pretty townie.
I’ve played lots of games with Dunn and scum!Dunn either just coasts or pushes really suspicious tunnels. I think both are probably town here.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:30 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2258, Klick wrote:
In post 2230, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 2223, Klick wrote:
In post 2190, Bellaphant wrote:(I tried to call you!)

Do you always move your vote around this much?
Not always, only when I'm not really sure what I want. :P

I'd like to know how you're reading BBT's current page content btw.
:P yeah, that wasn't toned, it just feels very noticeable from you and I don't really remember you doing it a bunch on other games.

With bbt I'm just a bit ....bemused? Their reaction to me was massively out of proportion (horrible post, what the fuck), but their climb down was super quick too? I don't know whether it's more town or scum - would scum have contit to argue, or just realised that I was presenting the truth? I am worried they haven't responded to the few things I said about how it reminded me of their scum game with me.
It's a criticism I've received before as town. I can't remember what games, but it was somewhat recent.

I'm going to do it again now :P

VOTE: BBT

I think his interaction with you is pretty bad. I read it as him trying to manage his own perception rather than genuinely questioning your read on him.
What do you think is making BBT look particularly scummy at the moment? There's a lot of attention sporadically on the slot but I'm not quite seeing it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2216, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 480, Lukewarm wrote: Penguin and Dunn have both hit the "good enough for Day 1" threshold for me.
Luke, can you talk to me about this?

Apologies for going so far back, but it only takes a quick ISO. Where did the town read on Penguin come from?
Largely tone.

But also, his back and forth with Off the Hook (292-321) struck me as a town interaction. Penguin had not been properly interacting with much, but decided that that was the thing he was gonna dig in on. But kept it in theory. Did not structure it in a way to make OTH scum or Frog Town or anything.

Feel like scum!Penguin, who was sliding by on tone would have ignored, or at the very least not gotten so invested. OR he would have been doing it for a reason.

Felt genuine I guess.

Although, I have been kinda considering shifting him back down to null, because there has not really been anything memorable coming from the slot since.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2260, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 2255, T-Bone wrote:Must have missed the vote. For what it's worth I would agree much more with the Penguin vote than Dunn, I think he's been pretty townie.
I’ve played lots of games with Dunn and scum!Dunn either just coasts or pushes really suspicious tunnels. I think both are probably town here.
I don't have an opinion on Penguin he just hasn't done anything this game of worth. I just think Dunn is town.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:32 am

@Luke, what do you make of Penguin liking the push on OTH from Frog but not joining with a vote?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

VOTE: Roden

Feeling alright about Roden as possible scum at the moment.

Looking back and their reads list feels quite weak - the town section is quite generic with the exception of maybe Gaston. They have three SRs, one of whom is Toad, who their case against seems pretty weak, with C&G being another, again a SR that doesn't say much given their posting restriction.

While I'm reluctant to go too heavily on associatives early on I think Roden/Galron is a possible team - Roden's defence of Galron when they came under pressure didn't do much for me and felt like the type of early defence a scum teammate could easily make for their buddy.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I should add - my increasing SR on Roden moves Cephir a bit closer to the townpile again for me, I was very split on them yesterday after TR'ing Cephir early on but not necessarily being keen on their responses to criticism.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:41 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Penguin feels like Johnny insofar as there's a high post count there but not necessarily a lot of content of note. Worth noting though that Penguin appears to be V/LA for the next 6 days so we're likely not going to get much from pushes on the slot other than gauging opinion on what we've seen so far.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:54 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@t bone, that's ...weird. I don't care about frog in this convo - I think he's town, the wagon on them is boring, I do care about ceph because bbt was defending him, to me. The ceph and bbt wagon both change a fair bit over a short time, which is what I was talking about. (also, I literally say frog/ceph?)

Toad and t bone are throwing shade at me for stuff that is demonstrably not happening, it's frustrating
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:56 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 2267, MalcolmTucker wrote:Penguin feels like Johnny insofar as there's a high post count there but not necessarily a lot of content of note. Worth noting though that Penguin appears to be V/LA for the next 6 days so we're likely not going to get much from pushes on the slot other than gauging opinion on what we've seen so far.
I'm kinda feeling this but also feel like I've read the Johnny portion from someone else..hmmm
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:57 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2269, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 2267, MalcolmTucker wrote:Penguin feels like Johnny insofar as there's a high post count there but not necessarily a lot of content of note. Worth noting though that Penguin appears to be V/LA for the next 6 days so we're likely not going to get much from pushes on the slot other than gauging opinion on what we've seen so far.
I'm kinda feeling this but also feel like I've read the Johnny portion from someone else..hmmm
A few of us have observed Johnny has lots of posts but not that much content.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:57 am

In post 2265, MalcolmTucker wrote:VOTE: Roden

Looking back and their reads list feels quite weak - the town section is quite generic with the exception of maybe Gaston. They have three SRs, one of whom is Toad, who their case against seems pretty weak, with C&G being another, again a SR that doesn't say much given their posting restriction.

While I'm reluctant to go too heavily on associatives early on I think Roden/Galron is a possible team - Roden's defence of Galron when they came under pressure didn't do much for me and felt like the type of early defence a scum teammate could easily make for their buddy.
I’m mulling back and forth whether his noncommittal read on me is possible a way to position to potentially push us later or why scum!Roden wouldn’t just straight up try to pocket me. Like I would expect Roden to tr me here, irrespective his alignment because there hasn’t been a single game that he hasn’t.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2271, Dancing Puppets wrote:

I’m mulling back and forth whether his noncommittal read on me is possible a way to position to potentially push us later or why scum!Roden wouldn’t just straight up try to pocket me. Like I would expect Roden to tr me here, irrespective his alignment because there hasn’t been a single game that he hasn’t.
This feels like a town thought to me
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:02 am

@Pooky, add Bella and T-Bone to my green list.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:03 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2271, Dancing Puppets wrote:

That'd potentially make sense. It taps into another idea that's making me factor that's making me doubt Roden here - on the whole I feel like they have a lot of null/non-committal reads, yet their (in my opinion) fairly weak SR on Toad seems a lot more committed by comparison.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”