Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:44 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2331, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2329, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Taly
In post 2022, Taly wrote:nah im not feeling the johnny scumreads, largely because of how constructively they're discussing reads with me and mindmelding on a few takes so far. since the game is still relatively fresh it seems to be pure to me.
About your Johnny read, I found this and the tail end of

I don't know if pooky town is a hot take. Even with some people here clearly wary of their scumgame, they're still in the top 5 townreads

I saw the PoE stuff, and I was kind of interested to see where he landed with that. But I think you may be overremembering how much discussion you had with them? I didn't find that much beyond asking you to explain some TRs and crossing names off the list.

Looking at their recent posts, I like though I don't agree with it. Penguin is kind of an easy mislim when town, so I could see scum coming in to push them.

---

About Galron, it seems to be mostly a metaread and a TvT interaction with Rad. If you could quote some posts where they've done something that is outside their scumrange, that'd be helpful. My general feeling about their posting is in - another example is the "Challenge me" post that was just ??? random and other tonal stuff like that, and their thought process feels opaque to me.
Posting any sort of content in general is outside their scumrange

Calculasia and a recent scum game with Titus demonstrates this.

I was just thinking panicking scum by the replace out but on looking at their ISO it has content so the replace out is NAI prolly.
It's possible I guess but I'm mostly either TR'ing the top posters at the moment or don't have a fully-formed read on them at the moment. The game is moving at a decent pace but more feels like everyone is being incredibly active instead of a select couple of players.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Malcolm, Roden, Cephrir, BBT I need to read more carefully once I sober up and get food. I'm not feeling my Toad vote anymore but I'm not sure where to go next
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:49 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2224, Roden wrote:I am interested in how you react to my scum read though, that's basically my way of sorting you in the meantime. Because as it is now, you didn't really have an opinion on me at all until you were asked to. I think you had me at Null for Pooky's read list request, which implies that my read on you didn't factor much into your own reads for the longest time.
I like a scum hunter who looks for ill intent, and I jive with this thought toward Toad. Toad is very nice and congenial, but this paints them in an opportunistic light that I wouldn't have picked up on
MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2344, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Wagon hop wagon hop

VOTE: Malcolm

Pedit no frog do Mal
This feels like a bit of a random vote given the point of the game we're at, what's your reasoning?
I liked Ceph's post and was already souring to you after Isoing you in
MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2338, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2310, MathBlade wrote:Are you trying to pocket Titus?
Titus is playing this game?
Believe they're one half of Dancing Puppets no?
I was being snide
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:52 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2352, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2224, Roden wrote:I am interested in how you react to my scum read though, that's basically my way of sorting you in the meantime. Because as it is now, you didn't really have an opinion on me at all until you were asked to. I think you had me at Null for Pooky's read list request, which implies that my read on you didn't factor much into your own reads for the longest time.
I like a scum hunter who looks for ill intent, and I jive with this thought toward Toad. Toad is very nice and congenial, but this paints them in an opportunistic light that I wouldn't have picked up on
MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2344, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Wagon hop wagon hop

VOTE: Malcolm

Pedit no frog do Mal
This feels like a bit of a random vote given the point of the game we're at, what's your reasoning?
I liked Ceph's post and was already souring to you after Isoing you in
MalcolmTucker wrote:
I was being snide
We're on completely different wavelengths then because I thought Roden's post you've highlighted was really evasive.

I don't find it problematic that Toad didn't have all that much of an opinion on Roden - it's a 26-player game and it's easy to not particularly notice certain players until you're specifically asked to take a look at them.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:53 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Out of interest Johnny - where are you re Frog? You've had them in your POE all game and they were your earliest SR from what I can see but I don't feel like you've pressured that slot much. Although I could understand if the SR there has softened because that's obviously what happened for me re Frog.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:01 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

They're on my list for an ISOing at some point today. Tbh they dropped off my radar after the medication conversation
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:09 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2355, JohnnyFarrar wrote:They're on my list for an ISOing at some point today. Tbh they dropped off my radar after the medication conversation
But my contention here is, do you actually SR the slot or not? You clearly had plenty of opinions on them early in the game and as time moved on those opinions shifted - the natural development here would probably be to a TR but you're reluctant to actually go there. It makes me wonder if you're scum not wanting to appear too eager to abandon what's been your most consistent SR so far. Especially when you've voted for me on the basis of someone's else casing. I'm not sure you particularly have too many opinions of your own and saying "I'm going to ISO someone" begins to feel like a convenient way for you to hop on a wagon when someone else actually either puts in the work or throws some shade in said person's direction.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Off The Hook »

How’s y’all’s day going? I’m getting bullied by my hydra partner rn :)

~GE
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:14 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2356, MalcolmTucker wrote:You clearly had plenty of opinions on them early in the game
Did I?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 379, JohnnyFarrar wrote:VOTE: Frogster
In post 433, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 431, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'm not convinced Frogster is town though, potential scum slot.
You should vote frog

P-edit yessss
In post 958, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 942, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 934, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Cytosine and Guanine (Ircher and RH9)
T-Bone
Can you go into these reads some more, and talk about why you're voting Frogster?
Post restriction has me curious. Not necessarily a townread but I would like to, y'know,
play
with Irch and RH9

I like T-Bone, and I don't think scum T-Bone picks a fight with the post restricted hydra here

Frogger seems to be... fake? Like sometimes they'll post something and I'll think to myself "there's no way they actually believe this"
Yes? Rather evidently so.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:19 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'd actually contend that this pushing on me is disingenuous and based on day old knowledge. I've made a POE that I'm slowly working through and have even ISOd YOU and you don't seem to have noticed or care. Why are you so against Pooky being townread? Why did you show up when Ceph voted you but not when I was talking about you yesterday?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:28 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2360, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'd actually contend that this pushing on me is disingenuous and based on day old knowledge.
I've made a POE that I'm slowly working through and have even ISOd YOU and you don't seem to have noticed or care.
Why are you so against Pooky being townread? Why did you show up when Ceph voted you but not when I was talking about you yesterday?
My contention here though is that your vote is seemingly not largely based on your ISO of me but on Ceph's read.

The reason I didn't respond to your previous post about me was because I didn't see it, because it was nearly 3am where I am and I would have been in bed by then after I stopped posting shortly beforehand. This is pretty clearly evidenced by the fact I didn't post in the game for 10hrs or so. I'm pretty clearly engaging with you now and am happy to answer any queries so this is a weird line of attack, I'm not dodging questioning.

My point re Frog isn't about day-old knowledge - it's that you kept your vote on the slot at a point where you admitted you weren't particularly confident in it anymore and yet when asked how you're feeling about Frog now, you don't appear to be particularly certain. "I'll ISO this slot" feels like a weak response to me because it gives you an easy out, Frog has been posting, you have clearly had opinions on them, what has changed about your read and why has it specifically changed?

Re Pooky - I don't have anything against the slot being TR'd, I just made it fairly clear at the time I don't think the spreadsheet is inherently townie and is something that be done by scum for the joint benefit of being TR'd for doing it and giving scum more info in the process considering it seems unlikely anyone else would have done it. This, again, is an odd and somewhat desperate line of attack though - I don't particularly regard Pooky as a prime scum suspect at the moment and have also made that clear. If it's a reason for voting me then quite frankly your vote is weak.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:29 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Good stuff from Malcolm.

Bad stuff from Johnny.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:34 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2050, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Malcolm gets "my username is just my first and last name" points (pls don't dox us)

Mal was uneasy about Pooky townreads

looks poignant.
@Bell
what makes you think Mal dies d1 a lot?

I like the pushback on t-Bones post restriction push

I don't like Mal +1ing frogs idea to just make them use all their words

Mal townreads dweelee for a pooky vote???
@Mal
state your beef w/Pookington
I presume this is the post to which you're referring. It is again, I'd argue, quite weak if it's supposed to form the precursor to a vote.

Liking Dwlee's vote doesn't mean I automatically have to SR Pooky - you can not entirely agree with a post while still thinking someone comes out of it looking more like town. I don't think Ceph's case on me is great but I actually think the post itself makes them look more townie given their beef with Roden, it indicates to me Ceph is genuinely trying to solve if they're headed in the right direction.

Other than that, your main contention seems to me forgetting I got eliminated in a first turn once, and agreeing with Frogster's mischievous but kinda fun idea that C&G should post their 100 words now to double-check whether they weren't telling the truth. It's just...not a good case from going through my ISO? It's like you were floating with the idea of honing in on me as scum and only felt confident enough to do it once Ceph put their vote there.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Rad »

In post 2362, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Good stuff from Malcolm.

Bad stuff from Johnny.
Really? I was thinking the opposite.

What do you think of Ceph's ? I feel sort of convinced by it.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:38 am

I'm gonna be honest - those posts where there are multiple quotes and you're trying to figure out who said what, I mostly just gloss over.

I like Malcolm for town though so yeah, that's where I'm at with that.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:40 am

2360 is really bad
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:41 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2364, Rad wrote:

Bad stuff from Johnny.

What do you find particularly convincing? Worth noting my suspicion of Roden didn't come out of nowhere - I'd already been a bit unsure on the slot but their responses to Toad made me feel more confident they could be scum.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:49 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2361, MalcolmTucker wrote:My contention here though is that your vote is seemingly not largely based on your ISO of me but on Ceph's read.
Yes
In post 2361, MalcolmTucker wrote:The reason I didn't respond to your previous post about me was because I didn't see it, because it was nearly 3am where I am and I would have been in bed by then after I stopped posting shortly beforehand. This is pretty clearly evidenced by the fact I didn't post in the game for 10hrs or so.
Checks out
In post 2361, MalcolmTucker wrote:My point re Frog isn't about day-old knowledge - it's that you kept your vote on the slot at a point where you admitted you weren't particularly confident in it anymore and yet when asked how you're feeling about Frog now, you don't appear to be particularly certain. "I'll ISO this slot" feels like a weak response to me because it gives you an easy out, Frog has been posting, you have clearly had opinions on them, what has changed about your read and why has it specifically changed?
They posted about how they inconsistently post when their meds wear off and that gave me the yucks. I've been avoiding thinking about it honestly.
In post 2361, MalcolmTucker wrote:Re Pooky - I don't have anything against the slot being TR'd, I just made it fairly clear at the time I don't think the spreadsheet is inherently townie and is something that be done by scum for the joint benefit of being TR'd for doing it and giving scum more info in the process considering it seems unlikely anyone else would have done it.
It's just the consistency with which you push back on the TR, and for multiple reasons that raises an eyebrow
This, again, is an odd and somewhat desperate line of attack though - I don't particularly regard Pooky as a prime scum suspect at the moment and have also made that clear. If it's a reason for voting me then quite frankly your vote is weak.
I don't think you're scumreading pooky, I think townreads on pooky make you uncomfortable. And I think I know why
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Rad »

In post 2367, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2364, Rad wrote:

Bad stuff from Johnny.

What do you find particularly convincing? Worth noting my suspicion of Roden didn't come out of nowhere - I'd already been a bit unsure on the slot but their responses to Toad made me feel more confident they could be scum.
The whole post. All his points. Like, not convincing enough to move you from town to scum and vote you right here, but enough to make me want to reread your ISO (which I'll do when I get a chance, either tonight or tomorrow... going to a concert tonight so it'll be late if I do get a chance).
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:50 am

In post 2360, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'd actually contend that this pushing on me is disingenuous and based on day old knowledge. I've made a POE that I'm slowly working through and have even ISOd YOU and you don't seem to have noticed or care. Why are you so against Pooky being townread? Why did you show up when Ceph voted you but not when I was talking about you yesterday?
Like, what makes the push disingenuous? Why is it being based on 'day old knowledge' a bad thing and how does it discredit the push in anyway?

Why does he mention Malcolm ignoring him? Is that supposed to be scummy? Is he saying that Malcolm showing up when Ceph voted him but not when Johnny talked about him scummy? If not, why mention it? If so, how so?

Like all of that post reads very badly
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 2298, Galron wrote:
In post 2296, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 2295, Galron wrote:Last 8 pages or so I haven't read but I was thinking C%G are a mystery. Nancy do you have any thoughts there? Taly?
Absolutely no clue so dead null.
Do you believe thy have a postng restriction?
It’s likely. I really don’t see either head making that up.
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Bellaphant »

It's one of those that makes me try to link it to flavour though. I don't know enough about ircher but it feels unlikely for rh9
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2328, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2289, Taly wrote:im curious, i came in with several slots cautious or scumreading me but you've taken to conversation very well, why?
Is this a question for me?
si amigo por favor
In post 2329, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Taly
In post 2022, Taly wrote:nah im not feeling the johnny scumreads, largely because of how constructively they're discussing reads with me and mindmelding on a few takes so far. since the game is still relatively fresh it seems to be pure to me.
About your Johnny read, I found this and the tail end of

I don't know if pooky town is a hot take. Even with some people here clearly wary of their scumgame, they're still in the top 5 townreads

I saw the PoE stuff, and I was kind of interested to see where he landed with that. But I think you may be overremembering how much discussion you had with them? I didn't find that much beyond asking you to explain some TRs and crossing names off the list.

Looking at their recent posts, I like though I don't agree with it. Penguin is kind of an easy mislim when town, so I could see scum coming in to push them.

---

About Galron, it seems to be mostly a metaread and a TvT interaction with Rad. If you could quote some posts where they've done something that is outside their scumrange, that'd be helpful. My general feeling about their posting is in - another example is the "Challenge me" post that was just ??? random and other tonal stuff like that, and their thought process feels opaque to me.
my approach to joining this game was pretty passive, to have someone actively think of a mutual solve when it was already expressed that many people, including myself, had difficulty sorting a definite scumread, seemed much more likely town in my eyes. nothing in
johnny's
post has overtly signaled to me that he's leading me to any specific conclusion that i must follow, and him thanking me for my participation felt sincere.

so no, my read on
johnny
isn't based on how much we have discussed reads, it's how reads were discussed.

i agree with
penguin
, if memory serves, ive mislimmed them before so im good with taking more time to sort the slot. nothing ive skimmed has caught my attention.

~

ooof wasn't prepared for
galron
rep

Math
, you'll have to flesh out why
galron's
rep warrants an FOS. feels NAI off principle since there was no indication a rep-out would occur

@Bella will get to you, something IRL caught my attention
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 2349, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Affirmative. (Is that lawyer speak?) :P
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”