inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Dont write seraphim off as town because of a single post.
Thast's all i want to say.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

I don't like Suzune's lynch at all, I'll sheep scout before that shit happens
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Seraphim »

Checking in. I am posting from my phone, do not know when I will have stable internet access beyond my 3G.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Suzune »

In post 2349, Dunnstral wrote:Suzune, what are your reads right now?
Working. Tired. Stupid new work programs to train people on. I tease, give me a few and I will write them up
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Suzune »

Okay there was not too much new. I disagree with the sentiment that the private topic checker and the neighborizor could not be both town. If anything I would assume that the private topic checker is the scummy role, however that is just my two cents on the matter considering we know the game has bastard elements looking for potential people in the inside helps the scum more then the town. As I do not believe, the role is intended to be a cop, otherwise, we would just have a cop. That means that there is something else that it is being used for. Logically I a few strong opinions on it and how it was played today.

I assume you would like reads that are not just a list of information, for that to be said I will need some time to type them up. I personally like that you scum read me for not caring about the teams too much frog. That makes me laugh a little. I think it is just a distraction to keep us from thinking logically, although I do appreciate Zach's ideas of using them as a short list.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

The actual legitimate question I have is why is JaeReed townread by just about everyone?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:02 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2375, inspectorscout wrote:Dont write seraphim off as town because of a single post.
It's not just one post. The suzu vote early in the game then the justification for it also factor in. The only issue I had was that
In post 2380, Zachstralkita wrote:The actual legitimate question I have is why is JaeReed townread by just about everyone?
Look just because you don't read my posts doesn't mean that others aren't. I'm townread because I'm town. It happens every game where I am town. The real question is why you haven't obvtowned after claiming that you do.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:05 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2375, inspectorscout wrote:Dont write seraphim off as town because of a single post.
It's not just one post. The suzu vote early in the game then the justification for it also factor in. The only issue I had was that the justification for the vote contained moving it to the next wagon.

Didn't finish my train of thought :/
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

JaeReed wrote:
In post 2375, inspectorscout wrote:
Look just because you don't read my posts doesn't mean that others aren't. I'm townread because I'm town. It happens every game where I am town. The real question is why you haven't obvtowned after claiming that you do.

I believe that's a matter of opinion. Perhaps our definitions are different. Even when I obvtown there's always three or four people wanting to lynch me.

And I have read your posts. I also read your vote. On Suzune. You're not getting the attention you so rightfully deserve, I think I should help.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2383, Zachstralkita wrote:
JaeReed wrote:
In post 2375, inspectorscout wrote:

I believe that's a matter of opinion. Perhaps our definitions are different. Even when I obvtown there's always three or four people wanting to lynch me.

And I have read your posts. I also read your vote. On Suzune. You're not getting the attention you so rightfully deserve, I think I should help.
Yeah okay. But most of my tr on you was the tone of "lol I'm gonna obvtown so I can afford this playstyle" which I thought was too confident to be a scum mindset. When you didn't end up obvtown by my definition of it I had to question the read. But I'll buy that we have different definitions. I just haven't seen enough outside of your tone to back up a townread on you. There are moments of solid content, but then you go back to shitting up the thread with dunn so it's hard to fucking remember them, dude.

My vote on Suzune is not why you're voting me. You were voting me well before I voted Suz, so try again to justify your vote because you really haven't even when asked, you've just continually deflected to the "plan" to lynch the least townie of one team and let them hammer, and the fact that the plan fell through because you tr seraphim. Which doesn't explain your vote at all.

My vote on Suzune is because out of all my townreads she is one of the weakest alongside you. I do have flips that would drastically change my reads but I'm not gonna put them down here because I don't wanna give scum the handy guide to denying me information.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Except I didn't directly justify it, but I did.

I had a post where I outlined that scum was on the green team in my opinion after I looked at the gamestate and said you know what? I don't think scum's on the blue team. Regardless of who thinks it's a premature judgment or not, it is the one I am sticking with today.

What I am conflicted with though, is that despite the fact that I'm one of the only people inclined to believe Seraphim's claim, I would still compromise to lynch that if more people decide Suzune's lynch should be today, because that one is one I definitely would not stand for, and I'll go into it if prompted. And that is completely omitting Seraphim's view on me. It's not factored into the equation.

But there's no need for a compromise when I have you. You just seem like the person that does quite well hiding behind a town mask when in my opinion, nothing major you've done has prompted me to believe you are actually acting in interest of the town, and of course, there's no one else that shares this belief. I only mentioned the Suzune vote because that is exactly one of the things that makes me say this.

inb4 whiteknighting

someone say it.

someone. say it.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

And I'll quote some posts by you and go into detail to this effect for everyone's viewing pleasure when someone would do me a quick favor and stop ducking my questions on the Suzune lynch and provide a solid case, because that was what I asked for first and instead of an answer, I got " well why don't you do THIS? HSHSDMCKBXLGHSKH vote: Suzune haha zach you scummy piece of shit."

I'm not sure why no one sees this as slightly alarming, but I'm not in Infinity's camp of " well, yeah, the thing is... you really have to prove why they're town rather than me proving why they're scum, teehee. "

Welcome to Typhon, not Welcome to Mislynch, ladies and gents.

And yes, I know I am the one who spearheaded the fabulous Leonshade lynch, which I believed was a good idea at the time. But I don't see how that can be used as a valid reason to doubt my judgement when if we look at Day 1 right now, the other options for lynches would have been either copper or Infinity, if I had to make an educated guess. And as of right now, we have a greencheck on Infinity, and copper has flipped green. If one of those alternatives took place, the same thing probably could have been said about how bad the judgement of player x was, just for a different reason and obviously directed at a different person.

Regardless, the objective here is not to lynch more townies and I am doing my best to see to that. It's just confusing that I'm looking for answers and solid perspectives and getting smoke screens.

And I've heard talk of MYLO tomorrow pending a green lynch(which either I'm really stupid or my information processing center took a day off again), but then it boggles me that people are readily acquiescing to a lynch (Suzune, in this case) and not trying to find stuff out.

....Nothing wrong with that, right?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Suzune
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 2387, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Suzune

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2385, Zachstralkita wrote:inb4 whiteknighting

someone say it.

someone. say it.
If she flips town, you were white knighting :)

If she flips scum then of course you wouldn't want to lynch her
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Impoetic »

@Jaereed: Thank you so much for those super helpful posts earlier. You're the best. <3 Could you elaborate on what led you to conclude that these two roles couldn't be in a game together in the first place?
In post 2362, Zachstralkita wrote:That sort of speculation just leaves it open for scum to wriggle through on some shitty doubtcasting to keep me open as a lynch option. You're enabling such behavior.
Why are you implying jae isn't scum doubtcasting and planning to "wriggle through" on their own? Also you are absolutely not a lynch option today and I can't picture anyone thinking you would be, given that you'll probably be close to clear/confirmed the next game-day
In post 1930, Infinity 324 wrote:I think I'd be less likely to be fooled by grapes or scout than lucian or impo.
What? Why in the world would you say grapes is less likely to be well-playing scum than Lucian or me?

As for the teams thing I had some thoughts but realized they were kind of stupid now. I'm skipping around a lot in my reread in order to try to start posting relevant content sooner -- and just getting derailed, by accident -- but right now I'm focusing ~near page 78/the start of d2. Sorry for not following up on my promise yesterday and for being so slow!
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

How about
We do something useful?
This discussdion is going nowhere
It isnt dont tell me it is

We lynch suzune, okay
But if that flips green you MUST kill jaereed and seraphim
Preverably vig one lynch the other

If tomorrow zach claims to have neighborized a dead body or being roleblocked
KILL HIM ASAP

Scout peace out
(Not yet but wtf does it still matter)
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 2390, Impoetic wrote:@
In post 2362, Zachstralkita wrote:That sort of speculation just leaves it open for scum to wriggle through on some shitty doubtcasting to keep me open as a lynch option. You're enabling such behavior.
Why are you implying jae isn't scum doubtcasting and planning to "wriggle through" on their own? Also you are absolutely not a lynch option today and I can't picture anyone thinking you would be, given that you'll probably be close to clear/confirmed the next game-day

I was talking to our buddy sideways 8.

I wasn't implying he " isn't " anything.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2379, Suzune wrote: I assume you would like reads that are not just a list of information, for that to be said I will need some time to type them up. I personally like that you scum read me for not caring about the teams too much frog. That makes me laugh a little. I think it is just a distraction to keep us from thinking logically, although I do appreciate Zach's ideas of using them as a short list.
This feels fake to me
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Jae is town because they've gone really in depth with their reads and they seem to be trying to read people instead of trying to justify their reads. Plus a bunch of things they said really resonated with me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Zach is actually right that there needs to be more gamespovong in this thread. From everyone, including me. Including him.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2390, Impoetic wrote:quote="In post 1930, Infinity 324"]I think I'd be less likely to be fooled by grapes or scout than lucian or impo.
What? Why in the world would you say grapes is less likely to be well-playing scum than Lucian or me?
[/quote]

Well first of all I've seen grapes' meta

Second of all, the nitpicky detail grapes went into in explaining his reads d1 is very hard to imagine as a scum mindset
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Zach, you should explain why you townread suzune
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by JaeReed »

so uh.. impo I fail at summaries and I am sorry q.q I tried to help but basically the below is just me essentially going "everything in these pages is important" :/ So 78-83 (which is how far I made it) I think the interactions and shit in there are all important. Specifically look at:

Dunn's reaction to scout's guilty, fingering Zach as the partner then saying Zach is less likely despite later claiming a PT check on Zach that returned he has a PT.
Sera's reaction to the wagon on him, the inno on Infin, and the read of reactions of ppl surrounding the inno on Infin.
Keep in mind when reading up to scout's correction of Infinity that Inf is now conftown, and scout is close to (unless you disagree that followed by makes that so - and in that case I wanna hear an explanation why).

And yes I did always fail at doing summaries at school and it should be v obvious why. I just copied everything down word for word because I suck at filtering info to figure out what isn't important.

Spoiler: trying to help impo and failinggg
Dunn's reaction in to grapes & (I find this particularly interesting if and only if Zach is town - also this doesn't come across as someone with a guilty equivalent on Zach)
Infin's summing up who copper suspected/scumread D1 for why he was killed.
is interesting

-1949 (infin and dunn, infin and zach. Knowing infin is town makes reading this interesting)

pg 78

pg 79

wtf is even supposed to mean?
, frog posts

pg 80

scout's guilty
scout setup spec (this is where mountainous spec starts)
& dunn's reaction to guilty
, , dunn continued reaction
-2018 (where dunn asks about possible mason with zach for the pt thing)
-2022 ("help your faction" pings me slightly but w/e, scout outs that he messed up in , response to his new suspicion on dunn regarding that in & )

pg 81

my reaction to all reactions
scout's reaction to my reaction
my explanation
seraphim's reactions, nka, vote, and response to the wagon on him
sus as fuck post ;p

pg 82

infin tries to set up a town block in which is pretty solid imo

pg 83
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2391, inspectorscout wrote:But if that flips green you MUST kill jaereed and seraphim
Is there more to this regarding Sera than Sera being the original wagon so Suzu is the counter?
Why do you believe a town!Suzune would make me scum? Do you believe my reasons for voting her are less genuine than others who are voting her, or...?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”