Why does everyone random vote at the start of a game?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:54 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Damn Lee's smooth.

Now to catch those dirty elephants.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm an intentional bandwagoner. I only random vote when I'm one of the first in the thread.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:57 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Or, some people out themselves in the first post of the game. Unintentionally, albiet, I perfer to NOT random vote ever.
I would've done the same thing as town.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:00 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Fritzler wrote:Seriously, on his first post, he caught turbovolver, who made a scummy comment in post one (his "random" vote), and made enough noise to catch the other scum. One of the more damn impressive things I've ever seen. So if random votes let people like lml catch scum, then I'm all for them.
I re-iterate, the first post truly was a joke.

It doesn't suprise me that he thought I was scum when I pushed the issue, which was fair enough. The problem was instead of trying to rationally explain to the town what I did that was scummy he imploded with only 1.5 votes on him.

Similar thing happened in Newbie 182... I played hyper aggressive, got myself lynched day 1 but knew who the two scum were. Wasn't credible enough for the town to believe me though.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Turbovolver wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Seriously, on his first post, he caught turbovolver, who made a scummy comment in post one (his "random" vote), and made enough noise to catch the other scum. One of the more damn impressive things I've ever seen. So if random votes let people like lml catch scum, then I'm all for them.
I re-iterate, the first post truly was a joke.

It doesn't suprise me that he thought I was scum when I pushed the issue, which was fair enough. The problem was instead of trying to rationally explain to the town what I did that was scummy he imploded with only 1.5 votes on him.

Similar thing happened in Newbie 182... I played hyper aggressive, got myself lynched day 1 but knew who the two scum were. Wasn't credible enough for the town to believe me though.
he caught you

lee's pretty much a better player than

i don't know how to tell you this, but he's kind of a big deal.
Surfs up dude.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

It wouldn't suprise me if he's a better player. I can accept that.

But in that game, he basically didn't do anything but say "I'm more experienced then all of you, listen to me! Derf derf!" and "PianoGwen called me out on being a bit of a jackass, I wanna be replaced!". He might've picked the scum, but he was such a whiner that I was worried I was going to get banned just for trying to get him lynched. It wasn't good pro-town play, and it hurt the fun of the game.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:22 pm

Post by Fritzler »

lol, it was an amazing pro town play, the town just wouldn't listen to him.
Surfs up dude.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:26 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Fritzler wrote:lol, it was an amazing pro town play, the town just wouldn't listen to him.
If the town doesn't listen, *I* wouldn't describe it as good pro-town play. Of course, you have to work out where to draw the line between it being your fault or the town's fault (that they didn't listen).

What I'm saying is that his scumdar was bang on, but his attitude wasn't.

I don't think I should continue spamming up this thread anymore with this stuff. Happy to discuss anything in PMs... I don't want there to be animosity. If any mods feel my last post was too harsh, I accept the consequences.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:34 pm

Post by Fritzler »

im just saying, he's a baller, and i blame everyone in the town for that loss (except for LML, and akonas the replacement)
Surfs up dude.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I don't think anyone's going to jump down your throat for it, Turbovolver. Only half of being a good player is picking scum; the other half is explaining it in such a way as to convince others to help you to lynch them. That's what makes the game fun. (in my opinion).

On the other hand, we've kind of wandered far afield of what this thread was started for, so moving it to PMs might not be a bad idea after all. I'm interested to see how Verbose Mafia 2 works out, since there will likely be no random voting burst at the beginning, and strict requirements to post anyway.
Retired as of October 2014.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Turbovolver wrote:It wouldn't suprise me if he's a better player. I can accept that.

But in that game, he basically didn't do anything but say "I'm more experienced then all of you, listen to me! Derf derf!" and "PianoGwen called me out on being a bit of a jackass, I wanna be replaced!". He might've picked the scum, but he was such a whiner that I was worried I was going to get banned just for trying to get him lynched. It wasn't good pro-town play, and it hurt the fun of the game.
No problem with you at all... I actually had a problem with Pianogwen.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:59 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

And to put an end to this...

I'm
NOT
a big deal. I play mafia for fun, just like anyone else. I'm wrong as often (if not more) than I'm right. I, too, Turbo, felt the same way you did. You felt that I was making the game less fun. To me, Pianogwen was making the game less fun for me.

After death, I spoke about this game a lot to many people, and they all said the same thing... "If you feel like you aren't enjoying a game, ask to be replaced."

I became very angry when I felt that personal attacks were being floated my way. I know this, mainly because, even while the game was ongoing, I recieved a PM saying "Why is she being so rude to you?"

I know, she was your scum partner, so maybe you didn't see it the same way. Either way, I actually REALLY enjoyed playing with you, and I hope you feel the same way in hindsight.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Mr. Flay wrote:I don't think anyone's going to jump down your throat for it, Turbovolver. Only half of being a good player is picking scum; the other half is explaining it in such a way as to convince others to help you to lynch them. That's what makes the game fun. (in my opinion).

On the other hand, we've kind of wandered far afield of what this thread was started for, so moving it to PMs might not be a bad idea after all. I'm interested to see how Verbose Mafia 2 works out, since there will likely be no random voting burst at the beginning, and strict requirements to post anyway.
Are you playing verbose, Flay? I have a feeling you, I, and Turbo will be having soem fun :)
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:18 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Verbose needs to be put on hold for about a couple of weeks :cry:.

Virtuous Member diligently campaigns for considerate delay to Verbose Mafia.

:cry:
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Post by Thok »

Venomous Moderators will deny your request, and even with Voluminous Mecha you will be unable to change their mind. Verifiable Mentats can confirm these results. Vigilant Moleman will resist your Valient Methods, and further complaints will lead to Violent Mishaps. Perhaps you should take up Vintage Mining to ease the pain of being unable to participate. But be sure to wear Vest Mail to protect yourself from Vigilante Menaces.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:36 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

OMG I finally understand the connection between all those random people liking Verbose Mafia! *feels stupid*

And, umm... random votes suck 8)
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 am

Post by Fiasco »

"Derf"? That's the most interesting new syllable I've heard this year. Thank you.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:10 am

Post by Turbovolver »

I'd actually like to retract a lot of those comments (e.g. the "derf" ones and the stuff about being whiny). There were a few PMs and it appears everyone involved is rather happy - a public retraction is in order.

As for derf, I picked it up from Misetings. Don't exactly know what it means, I think you just use it to imply someone is saying something dumb, or sometimes obvious.

And how about those random votes? :lol:

(yes, I'm hoping this will be the last off-topic post... I think I said some bad things about LML, and I no longer believe those things, and I want everybody to know)
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:20 am

Post by Fritzler »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:I don't think anyone's going to jump down your throat for it, Turbovolver. Only half of being a good player is picking scum; the other half is explaining it in such a way as to convince others to help you to lynch them. That's what makes the game fun. (in my opinion).

Are you playing verbose, Flay? I have a feeling you, I, and Turbo will be having soem fun :)
You should play with us flay. one spot left.
Surfs up dude.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:26 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

random vote spamwise

No wait i take that back, it wasn't random.

unvote spam; vote mith
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:26 am

Post by Fiasco »

For some context, read and weep.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell

Return to “Mafia Discussion”