500 Big Ones
Townie
500 Big Ones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:37 am

Post by 500 Big Ones »

Sorry I’m fixing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to testify in court against the evil company and I was ordered by the company to kill myself so I faked my death and then I am trying to get back at the company. Working there I knew the godfather of the company and knew it was Chaotic_Diablo. I had worked for the company so cops might think I'm mafia but I need the town to kill mafia to win though. I first thought about not saying anything but then I thought that if I said something you may not believe me and kill me but then afterwards might find out I'm for the town and kill chaotic and that if my life must be sacrificed to insure a dead mafia godfather then oh well I'll deal with it.

The only ones who should believe this is a dumb town move are probably mafia themselves!
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 am

Post by Tigris »

Interesting, I think we might be in the runnings for shortest first day ever.

At this point, I am less interested in cd claiming because I don't think I would believe him anyhow. If by some chance cd isn't the president/godfather of the company, we have an easy day tomorrow.
The only thing keeping me from voting for cd is a nagging question in my mind as to why you know that cd is the president/gf, I know of one other role in this game, but I do not know who possesses it, so I am curious as to why you would know who someone else is.
Ashes
Ashes
Townie
Ashes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:25 am

Post by Ashes »

First day, and I'm already confused.

I think the first post is supposed to be some background. I don't think anyone has died.

500s posts make no sense....but then again, my mind refuses to concentrate on anything for more than 5 minutes....it's the week before finals at school..I'm sure you all know how stressful it can be.

And...um...I'm just gonna go read over the posts again, and post later. I posted to just let you know I am indeed accounted for. :D
Looking for a friendly gaming community for Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, Enemy Territory, or NWN?[url=http://www.thelosthaven.com]The Lost Haven[/url]'s the place for you! Need more information? PM me.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:00 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

Votes so far:

Votes:
Chaotic_Diablo 4 Issac 500_Big_Ones Coolbot Ages

Remember, only 6 votes to lynch
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:53 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

there is one problem that makes 500's explanation wrong. first, she claims i am the president of the company, yet i am actually the vice president, Iwabuchi. As the vice president, i hide in the safety of my office, which verifies as doing nothing special. this would mean i'm a townie.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:43 pm

Post by Wacky »

First of all:
The Mod, in his opening posts wrote: Ok! All players confirmed and acounted for!

DAY #1

TOKYO NEWS - May 1st, 1947 Morning Edition
OFFICUAK OF UPPER ECHELON CONSTRUCITON COMITS SUICIDE
Tokyo -
Yesterday afternoon police found the body of Mr. Fuyuya, a high ranking in the upper echelon construction company, who was reported to have jumped from a window on the 7th story of the company building. strangly, also presumed dead is the
assistant to the
vice president
Mr. Tomoko Wada.
His clothes with identifying papers were
found on the sumi of Mt. Fuji and athorities beleived he had too comited suicide by throwing himself in to the lava. Both were to be questioned this week by the police over conspiericy and money laundering chages against the company.
Vice President Iwabuchi
said that it was "a great
loss to the company, and myself personaly.". The police are now asking civilians for any leads in to this case.

6 votes to turn in to report to the authorities.
Somebody is confused.

Oh, wait. That person is me.

(But that's okay, 500 is clearly wrong because it's Assistant to the Vice President, not the President, and Chaotic's role doesn't sound much like a townie role at all.)
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:46 pm

Post by Wacky »

In fact,
Vote: Chaotic Diablo
. I don't really know what I'm doing, but Foolster's sig does say "Bring down the evil corporation".
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by Wacky »

On second thoughts there are way too many things that don't add up.

one. It's obvious that Chaotic is the vice president and not the president (who was a character in the film according to google), so he probably isn't the GF as 500 said.

two. It makes no sense that someone pro-town would know the identity of a mafia at the beginning of the game in their role PM unless Foolster was totally nuts.

three. 500 sounds like a very confused individual.

The only thing that resolves all of these inconsistencies is that 500 has in her role PM that Chaotic is the vice president, and that is all, and that Chaotic isn't the mafia godfather, but that 500 is merely confused.

Unvote
500 Big Ones
500 Big Ones
Townie
500 Big Ones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:39 pm

Post by 500 Big Ones »

1. Who said I am presidents assistant not me I WAS Vice presidents assisstant.

2.How nuts is foolster you seem not to believe it maybe he figured you wouldn't or that I'd keep my mouth shut.

3.No Hablo Englis

Lastly It did not tell me he was the vise president at all can You read my pm or somethin smarty??? It didn't even say he was the MAFIA god father. It says he is the godfather of the conspiracy.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:02 pm

Post by Wacky »

But why would a
vice
president be the mafia GF?
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:15 pm

Post by Carmine »

Maybe it's a kinda Grand Vizier type thing - you know, the power behind the figurehead.

Anyway, let me get this straight.

500 has a role that says:

1) She is (or was) the assistant to the vice president.

2) The vice president is Chaotic Diablo.

3) The vice president (Chaotic Diablo) is the "godfather of the conspiracy".

Chaotic is claiming that he is the vice president and can hide in his room (achieving nothing). If he were the "godfather" of some sort of pro-town conspiracy, I would think that he'd have some sort of ability, don't you?

From my understanding of the plot of the film, the conspiracy is taking big money and contracts from the government - usual business corruption type thing, but "persuading" people to kill themselves on the sly. So, Chaotic Diablo is the head of "the conspiracy"?
Vote: Chaotic Diablo
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:26 pm

Post by ages »

Not knowing too much about the film...

I'm slightly concerned now. I thought that we should lynch diablio, and if he turned out not to be scum, we should lynch 500 Big Ones the next day. But now theres the risk that 500 Big Ones is telling the truth, but her pm doesn't mean that diablos the godfather.

Sigh

I'd feel much more confident in lynching diablo if 500 Big Ones pm said "chaotic_diablo is the mafia godfather". On the other hand maybe it is saying that, but keeping in line with the theme.

I'll keep my vote on diablo for now, that means that hes one away from a lynch. Lynching him probably is the best course for us, but it does seem too convenient, too easy.

Oh well
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:40 am

Post by CoolBot »

What if 500 is some sort of usurper role? Then it makes sense he knows who the godfather is. Further, it would explain why 500 came out like he did; he gets rid of Chaotic and he looks innocent, since he revealed the godfather. I want to hear everyone's thoughts on this, so
unvote: Chaotic_Diablo
500 Big Ones
500 Big Ones
Townie
500 Big Ones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:44 am

Post by 500 Big Ones »

I dont think im goin to live through this and don't care really and I'll tell you why. If you guys wanna be sure about everything kill me then you see I wasn't lying kill him. not that I want to die but if I was in your possition i would kill me too.
See not only do i know the god father but the cops will get me as mafia (assumption from something said in my role about the cops are trying to get me because of my past with the company). So I got tons of things pointing myself towards mafia which is how I figure my role is sorta balanced out.
Do whatever you wish but I'm pro town and chaotic is godfather of the conspiracy
Like I said from the begining a townie for a godfather is a good trade and thats why I so easily offer my life.
500 Big Ones
500 Big Ones
Townie
500 Big Ones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:45 am

Post by 500 Big Ones »

Oh ya whats usurper?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:11 am

Post by CoolBot »

I've seen a couple of games that use a role that is part of the mafia but is trying to become the leader; ie, the role wins if the mafia wins and the godfather is dead. To do so, they must kill the godfather in some way. To me, that's is the easiest explanation for 500's behavior.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:15 pm

Post by Carmine »

So, we lynch Chaotic today and 500 tomorrow if nothing else shows up? Or something else?
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Ashes
Ashes
Townie
Ashes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by Ashes »

This game came at a bad time...week before finals. There's my explanation if I don't post much.

Could someone explain this Godfather thing to me? I've never heard of such a role before. What is Godfather, and what does s/he do?

I dunno..something tells me 500 is lying. But I'm not voting yet.

Not quite yet..I wanna know more about this Godfather thing first.
Looking for a friendly gaming community for Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, Enemy Territory, or NWN?[url=http://www.thelosthaven.com]The Lost Haven[/url]'s the place for you! Need more information? PM me.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:35 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

however, 500 is lying in a few ways. first, there is no godfather of a company. second, she responded to a question earlier saying she was Wada's assistant, so how can she be the vice president's assistant, if she said earlier she was the president's assistant?

jereic wrote
500, I'm not sure I understand. I don't think anyone's died, it's all just backstory. Are you claiming to be Wada's assisstant?
500 Big Ones
I am his Ex-Assistant

as you see, she did indeed he was the president's assistant, not the VP. therefore i think he is lying.

Vote: 500

JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:28 pm

Post by JereIC »

CoolBot wrote:I've seen a couple of games that use a role that is part of the mafia but is trying to become the leader; ie, the role wins if the mafia wins and the godfather is dead. To do so, they must kill the godfather in some way. To me, that's is the easiest explanation for 500's behavior.
I feel like this or the lying thing are the most likely explanations right now. It's a wierd gambit for mafia to play, but it feels like a gambit nonetheless.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:14 pm

Post by CoolBot »

OK, and if 500 is a ursurper, than we've got two mafia. No need to delay any longer, I feel.
vote: chaotic_diablo
500 Big Ones
500 Big Ones
Townie
500 Big Ones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:20 pm

Post by 500 Big Ones »

Foolster41 wrote:also presumed dead is the assistant to the vice president Mr. Tomoko Wada.
See I think this needed comma's. The way I read this was that Wada was the Vice Pres. I failed to read the second paragraph cause I had enough info already (in my mind). My pm did not tell me my name just that I was the Vp's assisatant and all the rest the stuff I've already said.

Ashes-Godfather=Head of mafia usually shows up townie to cop
500 Big Ones
500 Big Ones
Townie
500 Big Ones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:35 pm

Post by 500 Big Ones »

Some advice for the night, doc don't protect me. Role blockers don't block me and lastly cops dont investigate me as I assume it'll show mafia because it said somethin like that in my role pm.

But why kill me if you all think I'm mafia why not wait till you get another one at least because I'm "confirmed" in most of your eyes so could do no more harm. But then again my vote would still count hmmmmmmmm.

I'm pro town and at least I can say I told you so at end game.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:54 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

hmm, i remember it saying president wada, well next time i'll have to read it more carefully. anyway, according to 500, he was the assistant of wada, not iwabuchi. and i said earlier i was iwabuchi. i'm still keeping my vote there.

Ashes
Ashes
Townie
Ashes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:23 am

Post by Ashes »

500--Thanks for the godfather stuff. :)

Well...since I agree with everyone else....

vote:chaotic_diablo

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”