Hyphen-ated
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Hyphen-ated »

LoudmouthLee and conartist not posting for two days seems a little bit scummy, especially since Lee has posted in lots of other threads.

I didn't see anything scummy in Eyceking's post which is why I asked.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Jack »

Does anyone else see it?
Lola
Lola
Townie
Lola
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Lola »

Eyceking wrote:Newbie game, hmm. This one is moving sloooooow... some people haven't even appeared yet.
I can't say that this post is
too
scummy, but it is suspicious. Perhaps Eyceking is scum and is in a hurry to move to the night so he can kill one of us. Or maybe he just has ADD. There are only 5 townies, if we lynch one, and the mafia kills another, that will put us into a lyncy-or-lose scenario. So we all must be patient and wate for the scum to reveal themselves.
Hyphen-ated wrote:What's scummy about his post?
I also find it suspicious that Hyphen-ated is quick to defend Eyceking. Perhaps Hyphenated is Eyceking's partner in crime. Or maybe he just didn't read into Jack's post.
Jack wrote:I'm sorry, that post is just too damn scummy.

unvote,vote:Eyceking
Maybe Jack just likes to point his finger and then quickly change his mind to divert attention away from him. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Hopefully this discussion will pick up this evening as people come home from work or school. But if I don't see anything from LoudmouthLee or conartist, I might suspect them to be lurking.
L-O-L-A
conartist
conartist
Townie
conartist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by conartist »

I'm back. Final exams are starting :(

I don't see anything scummy as of yet, especially since its really only crazy random day. Jack could be being hyperaggressive, but i don't see what his reasoning would be other than crazy randomness. Elaborate please Jack :)
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Eyceking »

What was scummy about that post? I want the game to move forward and discussion to begin. I didn't have to post, but I chose to post. Lurking would be in my best interests as a scum player.

I can't initiate discussion on the basis of random voting, though your rash jump to vote me for innocuous reasons has given me something to ponder on. I guess the post was worth it after all.
What are you pressing select for? You don't got time to make a profile!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Hyphen-ated wrote:LoudmouthLee and conartist not posting for two days seems a little bit scummy, especially since Lee has posted in lots of other threads.

I didn't see anything scummy in Eyceking's post which is why I asked.
More like I forgot to put this game in my watched list. You think I'm lurking? Ha. I think you're trying to get some heat on people unwittingly.

Vote: Hyphen-ated
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Hopefully this discussion will pick up this evening as people come home from work or school. But if I don't see anything from LoudmouthLee or conartist, I might suspect them to be lurking.
Yeah. Because I lurk. :eyeroll:
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Hyphen-ated and Lola both exhibited major scum tells as referenced. They are pushing for an early game luker hunt. This puts the mafia in the drivers seat, and Lola's parroting is especially daunting.

I'd be happy with a lynch of either.
Hyphen-ated
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Hyphen-ated »

I said your lack of posting seemed "a little bit scummy" after Jack asked me for things I thought were scummy. Pushing for you to post anything at all is hardly an early game lurker hunt.
Hyphen-ated
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Hyphen-ated »

Eyceking wrote:What was scummy about that post? I want the game to move forward and discussion to begin. I didn't have to post, but I chose to post. Lurking would be in my best interests as a scum player.
This Eyceking post I do see something scummy in: notice he says "my best interests as a scum player" rather than "my best interests if I were a scum player."
FoS: Eyceking.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:43 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

I haven't seen any thing scummy in Eyceking's post (which Jack claimed as scummy). Can you please elaborate exactly what your found scummy in that Jack? (I am talking about Eyceking's post 21 and Jack's post 22)
I'm back!
Lola
Lola
Townie
Lola
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by Lola »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Hyphen-ated and Lola both exhibited major scum tells as referenced. They are pushing for an early game luker hunt. This puts the mafia in the drivers seat, and Lola's parroting is especially daunting.

Does my parroting intimidate you? It's the first day and there is verry little to go on. Excuse me for pointing out things that
could
be suspicious. Isn't that the role of a good townie?

Honestly, your "best mafia performance" is a little frightening. I wouldn't be surprised if the mod paired you with a newbie scum.
L-O-L-A
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Lola, the mod doesn't pair anyone. It's totally random.
I'm back!
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by Eyceking »

Hyphen-ated wrote:
Eyceking wrote:What was scummy about that post? I want the game to move forward and discussion to begin. I didn't have to post, but I chose to post. Lurking would be in my best interests as a scum player.
This Eyceking post I do see something scummy in: notice he says "my best interests as a scum player" rather than "my best interests if I were a scum player."
FoS: Eyceking.
You're clutching at straws. Notice the country I reside in? English might not even be my first language. It is - but it might not have been.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by Eyceking »

EBWODP: And I said "would be"... would... be.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Jack »

I didn't see anything suspicious, I simply meant it as a discussion starter.
English might not even be my first language. It is - but it might not have been.
lol.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:27 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Lola wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:Hyphen-ated and Lola both exhibited major scum tells as referenced. They are pushing for an early game luker hunt. This puts the mafia in the drivers seat, and Lola's parroting is especially daunting.

Does my parroting intimidate you? It's the first day and there is verry little to go on. Excuse me for pointing out things that
could
be suspicious. Isn't that the role of a good townie?

Honestly, your "best mafia performance" is a little frightening. I wouldn't be surprised if the mod paired you with a newbie scum.
Ha!

Unvote: Hyphen-ated (but I'll vote you again tomorrow)
Vote: Lola

Although you have one of the coolest avvys ever, You keep on getting scummier.

Parroting is a method posting without giving new information. Instead, you repeat the arguments that have already been voiced by others. It's generally a way to lay low.

You're not pointing things out. You're
reiterating
someone elses point. That's parroting.

PS: I was the "Paragon of Mafia Hunters" the year before (The Best Scum Catcher), so... what does that mean? It seems that you're trying to pidgeon-hole me as a dangeous scum. I'm more dangerous to the mafia as a townie. Trust me on this one.

With that, you have exhibited many different scum tells. I would be THRILLED with a Lola or Hyphen-ated lynch.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by Eyceking »

Hmm, the parroting in itself was a worrying trait, but the comment from Lola to LML about whether it worries him is the more damning evidence. Why would you admit to parroting? That just doesn't make sense.

I'd like to wait and see what other people think of Lola's comments before I cast a vote, though.
conartist
conartist
Townie
conartist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by conartist »

I think it is true that it is only the first day and theres not much to go by, and Lola's parroting could just be due to a lack of conclusive evidence.
However, what I feel is, as Eyceking calls it, "the more damning evidence" is the fact that Lola seems to be trying to throw the spotlight onto LML with something that is kinda trivial. It seems like a pretty desperate move to pull on. I doubt a true townsperson would start pointing fingers in retaliation when being put under intense scrutiny.
For that I will
Vote: Lola
Lola
Lola
Townie
Lola
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:09 pm

Post by Lola »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Parroting is a method posting without giving new information. Instead, you repeat the arguments that have already been voiced by others. It's generally a way to lay low.

You're not pointing things out. You're reiterating someone elses point. That's parroting.
I'm sorry I'm a newbie and I didn't fully understand the meaning of the word "parroting". Now that you have given us this definition, I retract my previous self-admission to doing such actions.

I'm sure that you are referring to my post #27. So allow me to address that. I quoted several people and then gave my comments on each.
  • 1. The first quote was Eyceking's. Jack asked what everyone thought about it, and so I stated my opinion.
    2. The second quote was Hyphen-ated's. I addressed what I thought of it, and I was the first to do so.
    3. The third quote was from Jack and I stated my opinion of it, again I was the first to do so.
    4. The fourth point was basicly the same as what Hyphen-ated said in post #25. I was just agreeing with him and stating that if that were to continue,
    then
    I would be suspicious.
So were is the parroting in that?

You have accused my of "exhibiting many different scum tells". Yet, you haven't really given anything of substance. Surely I would expect more from the Paragon of Mafia Hunters.
  • 1. I have just dissproved that I was parroting.
    2. I never
    accused
    anyone of lurking.
    3. I may seem aggressive, but I am trying to exam
    everyone
    one to see if I can find anything suspicious.
So....
Unvote: Eyceking

Now I'm nuetral and the spotlight is on me.
What are my "many different scum tells"?

I can't see what they are, but you have gotten some people to cast suspicion my way. So before you convince everyone to lynch an innocent townie, please prove your accusations.
L-O-L-A
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:55 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

First Vote Count!

Lola
- (conartist, LML)

Eyceking
- (Jack)
LoudmouthLee
- (Sir Tornado)
conartist
- (Hyphen-ated)

7 alive, 4 to lynch!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:55 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mod Note: All roles are completely randomized. The mod does not choose roles based on a player's experience or any other factor besides random.org
Permanent V/LA.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:05 am

Post by Eyceking »

Lola,

Your explanations may have been more detailed but Hyphen-ated was the first to say they couldn't see what was scummy about my post, and you more or less agreed in the first point of Post 27.

The funny thing about that is you then jump on Hyphen-ated for being quick to defend me! Now I'm not calling what you said of me "a defense", but you agreed with the viewpoint and then were suspicious of that person for sharing your viewpoint.

You then end the post with a comment on LML and conartist being "lurkers" - this is the most blatant and obvious piece of parroting. Hyphen-ated had already commented on this aspect of the game, and that's where the obvious parroting came from and then the more in-depth analysis of your post.

Well, you wanted to know how you were parroting. Now you do.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Unvote
Because the vote was a random vote, and I prefer to unvote my random votes after the first vote count.
I'm back!
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Eyceking »

That's nice, Sir Tornado. What do you think about LML's accusations towards Lola? Do you see any grounding in them or do you feel they are part of a stretched case against another player?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”